Assassins Invisibilty (Shadow Walk)

Options
Morty - Raging Tide
Morty - Raging Tide Posts: 337 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Assassin
Umm yeah this skill needs to be sorted out.

24Mana per second? After 10 seconds my mana is gone, and why is there even a useage per second? Can it not just be 100 mana cost, thats it?

I will not get deeper on this LOL
Is Now On Lost City Under The Name; Mortyy
Post edited by Morty - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Saishoni - Sanctuary
    Saishoni - Sanctuary Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I think it is basically a skill that isn't going to get a lot of use till they reduce the ridiculous mana cost.

~S
    I post with these characters only: Saitada, Lucifruge, Shoshoni, Saishoni and DorkFish. All others are acolytes of the Holy Order of Saitada and the worship of the truth that is me.

~Saitada
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    me thought it's suppose to take a % out of your max mp per second.
    o.o'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saishoni - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    me thought it's suppose to take a % out of your max mp per second.
    o.o'

Nope, it chews through your mana like a hamster through a pile of sunflower seeds.

~S
    I post with these characters only: Saitada, Lucifruge, Shoshoni, Saishoni and DorkFish. All others are acolytes of the Holy Order of Saitada and the worship of the truth that is me.

~Saitada
  • Plicid - Heavens Tear
    Plicid - Heavens Tear Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    it may seem rediculus at lvl 20, but at low lvl Elves cant stay aflight with wings. once you gain lvls your mana pool will be bigger(even without putting points into magic) also since Light armor you might be using MP helm some of the time. Trust me it wont be as bad later on if it stays 20 mana per second.
  • Saishoni - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    it may seem rediculus at lvl 20, but at low lvl Elves cant stay aflight with wings. once you gain lvls your mana pool will be bigger(even without putting points into magic) also since Light armor you might be using MP helm some of the time. Trust me it wont be as bad later on if it stays 20 mana per second.

24 mana per tick right now, couple that with the mana cost of our skills in battle and using it for more than 2-3 seconds makes it nearly worthless for us at the moment.

~S

~Saitada
  • Kosake/ - Heavens Tear6
    Kosake/ - Heavens Tear6 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that the steep price for this skill is based on the PvP aspects of the game. An Assassin with the ability to stealth through a TW for a prolonged period of time w/o some major costs (Such as MP charm ticks) would be massivly OP'd, and there would be limitless QQ from the PvP servers about Assassins ganking people out of nowhere.

But that's just my opinion. =)

~Kos
  • neuaelr
    neuaelr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Minus the fact, that at lv 20 it's entirely pointless and the entire point of stealth is gonna be for stealth runs, and for pvp, or in the case of the skill that puts you in stealth even in combat, to escape.

As you level it up, it also costs less mp, if it stays on target of 1 mp per level of the skill, at lv 10 it'll cost a mere 14 mp per second, which, is entirely reasonable, toss in higher level mana pots, or if you use a mp charm, it'll be hardly bad at all, 140 mana per 10 seconds, sounds fair to me specially snice it'll enable me to get the jump on other players.
  • neuaelr
    neuaelr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that the steep price for this skill is based on the PvP aspects of the game. An Assassin with the ability to stealth through a TW for a prolonged period of time w/o some major costs (Such as MP charm ticks) would be massivly OP'd, and there would be limitless QQ from the PvP servers about Assassins ganking people out of nowhere.

But that's just my opinion. =)

~Kos

This game isn't the first game to have a stealth class, a lot of other pvp games have a stealth class, and it's hardly a big QQ fest. Sure they complain, but they also realize the class is fragile and can be kited easily, it'll be very similar for the assassin class.
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I don't care if its 5mana/per second, nor do i care about assassins ganking people, its going to happen anyway with or without the cost.

And this is assassin/rogues there main skill has always been stealth, why should the downfall be better than the skill its self?

Kthxbai.
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I don't care if its 5mana/per second, nor do i care about assassins ganking people, its going to happen anyway with or without the cost.

And this is assassin/rogues there main skill has always been stealth, why should the downfall be better than the skill its self?

Kthxbai.

QQ Moar?
    b:chuckle

at least one skill doesn't take out 600 mp per use.
    -.-'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    Options
    QQ Moar?

How is that QQ? Its called telling it straight how it is, and seing as your post is invalid and has nothing to do with the topic, gtfo dumbass.

or are you going to reply "oh its teh forumz n i are welcome" ?
    edited December 2009
    Options
    How is that QQ? Its called telling it straight how it is, and seing as your post is invalid and has nothing to do with the topic, gtfo dumbass.

or are you going to reply "oh its teh forumz n i are welcome" ?

Don't make assumptions...just makes yourself look dumb.
    now then....24 mp/second is....NOTHING.
    -.-'
    seriously....ever other class can burn through more then that easily....
    like hundreds of mp per second...
    and since you be invisible and not attacking.....that means your mp drain be set at....24 mp/second

besides...why would be wish to be welcome by teh likes of you....-.-'
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mavado - Harshlands
    Mavado - Harshlands Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Don't you insult Hamsta =O These are the forums and he is welcome >=(

And i agree, the mana cost sucks =P
    >_< I'm a wizard in disguise... you know like the old cartoon... except with less robots and more fire/ice/rocks....
  • Crafty_Mama - Sanctuary
    Crafty_Mama - Sanctuary Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    hmm maybe they did that on purpose... its like a give and take thing i dunno.. b:shocked
    rawr^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adeacia - Raging Tide
    Adeacia - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    It makes stealth harder to abuse.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TehMage - Lost City
    TehMage - Lost City Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Correct me if im wrong, but I was told stealth goes away once you atk a mob.

What the heck are you using stealth for anyways? It's just to sneak up on stuff, you re-appear once you start attacking, if the first bit of info was not a lie.
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Dude, insulting hamsta is like asking for flames.

And 24 mana per second? QQQQQQQQQQ

Ask a cleric about mana per second. Ask an archer about mana per second. Ask a mage about mana per second.

Why would you need stealth on a PvE server anyway? To pick flowers unmolested by big scary mobs?
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

^^ this. stealth is going to be crazy broken from what i've seen. getting the jump on any class almost always makes you win. in most games you cant stealth in COMBAT to get away (unless it's on some long 5 min cooldown)

shadow escape is the bad one on this. Assasins will be the veno killer. nix bleeds sin, sin stealths removing bleed and lets charm recover, kills veno.
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Correct me if im wrong, but I was told stealth goes away once you atk a mob.

What the heck are you using stealth for anyways? It's just to sneak up on stuff, you re-appear once you start attacking, if the first bit of info was not a lie.

^(X.x)'
    this.....mp usage during stealth can't hold a candle to MP usage while fighting....unless you be like a BM and can get by with just regular attacks.....and even BMs shoot off skills every now and then.

also...etc etc....going invis during combat be OP etc etc....
    me pretty sure me has a plan figured out against stealth already.
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TehMage - Lost City
    TehMage - Lost City Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    ^^ this. stealth is going to be crazy broken from what i've seen. getting the jump on any class almost always makes you win. in most games you cant stealth in COMBAT to get away (unless it's on some long 5 min cooldown)

shadow escape is the bad one on this. Assasins will be the veno killer. nix bleeds sin, sin stealths removing bleed and lets charm recover, kills veno.

Not to mention sin's bleed skill that bleeds more dmg than the initial hit. I have a lvl 12 sin and it does about 80 dmg then bleeds for 110 dmg over and over. I haven't really played with it cause I got bored of popping pots every 5 seconds.
  • PartyAnimal - Harshlands
    PartyAnimal - Harshlands Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    MP charm
    that is all.
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Can anyone verify if potions can be used during stealth?
    b:puzzled

because in that case.....regular/event pots = enough mp to keep you stealth ed ish as long as you has a supply.
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    ...lol... someone is complaining about 24mp/sec drain?...use a concentration orb and u can keep the thing running for 10 min even under combat situation where ur regen is cut to 1/4. 24mp/sec is nnooottthhiinnggg. keeping a BB up is 100mp/sec, running a barrage of arrow is 180mp/sec running dragon breath is 100mp/sec. 24mp/sec is neglible amount of mp cost.
    besides i dont see any reason to be walking around stealth on a PvE server, especially not when u are not even in PK level range.
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.
  • Mavado - Harshlands
    Mavado - Harshlands Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    they can be used XD
    >_< I'm a wizard in disguise... you know like the old cartoon... except with less robots and more fire/ice/rocks....
    edited December 2009
    Options
    b:sweat
    me can burn though.....
    1957.9 MP in a little over 7 seconds.
    b:sweat
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SnuggleWolf - Harshlands
    SnuggleWolf - Harshlands Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i agree that we run out of mana fast using it but at lvl 20 what the hell are you using stealth for in the first place. iv never used it except for running around bored and going invisible for the run of it
    ALL SHALL FEAR MY WRATH AND MY.......SNUGGLES?b:puzzled
  • Taranta - Dreamweaver
    Taranta - Dreamweaver Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Oh no...24 mana per second...I've seen venomancers, which were the lowest cost of the casting classes before the expansion, burn through an average of 100 mana per second skilling for bosses, and this was using the low cost skills. Add in higher level ones, like Lucky Scarab, and you jump to around 250-300 mp per second, averaged. Fox veno's have a higher cost than you...
    I shall dominate the Dreamweaver server through the use of Baked goods...and only baked goods.^^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Venomancers are Female. Barbarians are male. It will forever be this way. So suck it up and deal with it already.
  • Saishoni - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Oh no...24 mana per second...I've seen venomancers, which were the lowest cost of the casting classes before the expansion, burn through an average of 100 mana per second skilling for bosses, and this was using the low cost skills. Add in higher level ones, like Lucky Scarab, and you jump to around 250-300 mp per second, averaged. Fox veno's have a higher cost than you...

/Me steals your baked goods. You won't be dominating DreamWeaver now will ya! XD lol.

~Saitada

~Saitada
  • DrDrakken - Lost City
    DrDrakken - Lost City Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Umm yeah this skill needs to be sorted out.

24Mana per second? After 10 seconds my mana is gone, and why is there even a useage per second? Can it not just be 100 mana cost, thats it?

I will not get deeper on this LOL

you seriously expected to be able to run around infinitely, hitting out of nowhere
    and forcing into stealth? face the consequences or GTFOb:bye
    [SIGPIC]T.T[/SIGPIC]
    (best i could do T_T)
    b:cryYou were the best CM everb:cry

August 12 - I'm officially 15 b:pleased