"Could Not Launch"

XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary
XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary Posts: 366 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Support Desk
This has probably already been posted but I don't have the patience to sift through a quadrillion threads.

Updated the client to 233. Took me 2 hours (Good lord) and I was all ready to play when it said "Could Not Launch"

I was ready to throw my spoon at the computer screen.

So, GMs who will probably say that my thread has already been talked about, what the hell is going on?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
MizukiMinoru ll Charisma Executor ll Active
Post edited by XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Lee_Hyori - Dreamweaver
    Lee_Hyori - Dreamweaver Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'll give you a quick rundown:

Open your Perfect World folder, then open Element folder, do you have a file called elementclient.exe? The file has an icon similar to the Launcher file (orange-ish). The file disappears for some of us, and without it, you can't launch the game.

I'm currently waiting for some1 to send me theirs. Hopefully it'll fix the problem.
    retired from pwi b:cry
  • XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Nope.

I have elementskill.dll and elementlocalize but no elementclient.exe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    I'll probably need it, huh?

Mind sending me it after you get yours? :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    Yeah. No prob
    edited December 2009
    -Hugs insanely tight- Too bad we're in seperate servers. I'd love to come meet you ingame.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    I have a toon on sanctuary lol. It was my first, and an archer too. b:laugh
  • IVenomPearl - Sanctuary
    IVenomPearl - Sanctuary Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    So there should be an Elementclient.exe in the Element Folder? I don't seem to have one b:cry I got a launcher and a pacher but no element client...I guess that's why the game isnt running? x_X Omg Ive been trying all day to get this to work. If anyone has the file pleeeeeaaaassseeee send me it.I can message meh email if you need it T.T
  • Taranta - Dreamweaver
    Taranta - Dreamweaver Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Besides reinstalling the client, or having someone send you the file (I don't know anyone else who plays PWI in the same area as me), is there any other possible solution to this? Or do I have to wait for it to reinstall, and pray that it sticks around this time?
    I shall dominate the Dreamweaver server through the use of Baked goods...and only baked goods.^^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Venomancers are Female. Barbarians are male. It will forever be this way. So suck it up and deal with it already.
    edited December 2009
    Besides reinstalling the client, or having someone send you the file (I don't know anyone else who plays PWI in the same area as me), is there any other possible solution to this? Or do I have to wait for it to reinstall, and pray that it sticks around this time?

Noooo >.< I reinstalled mine and it did the same glitch b:cryb:angry It seems to be a waste of time to try ><
    edited December 2009
    Also I got to talk to my bf and he says he has the file and will send me it X3 (god i love him <333) xD Um if anyone needs it I'll send i guess o.o
  • tenbira
    tenbira Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Ok I'm glad I'm not the only one going through this.
    edited December 2009
    Also it is definately a missing elementclient.exe file.. I tried downloading one from a site but it gave me an error message in chinese or something b:surrender But the game DID start X3 So yeah Im waiting on my bf's email hopefully
    edited December 2009
    Why no GMs? D: -on the verge of quitting-
    edited December 2009
    Maybe one of us should use the Batman calling light thing and maybe a GM will rush to aid us. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    I wish ;~;
    edited December 2009
    Im on the verge of sending a GM and message directly to them. **** the Customer Tickets, nobody ever gets answered.

or at least nobody I know gets answered
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sunnymarie
    sunnymarie Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    could someone send it to me also? my email is sunnymarieg05@yahoo.com
  • hello4u
    hello4u Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Could someone send the file to me? My Yahoo is Sunshineteatimez@yahoo.com b:chuckle
  • Mariagra - Dreamweaver
    Mariagra - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Hey everyone!! :D I havent been on PWI for a while but I keep up with the poles and I keep seeing the wrongs that have been happening with the new expansion.. I really dont understand that when someone puts out an expansion that it's, like, not perfect. They've been working on it forever and there are still issues with it?? Lame... I'm gonna try it out myself when my computer can actually handle the thing. lol
    Tears are forever in the eyes of the hated...
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    It is most likely your antivirus or software quarantining the elementclient.exe since it is being updated and changed.

Please review the antivirus info in the link below.\/

Let us know what you have tried, and what errors you get.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • lilnini
    lilnini Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Hey Lovlies. Could one of you send me the missing file as well. Mine was deleted. What a bummer!!! Thanks and HUGS to anyone that can help me out. I'm SOOOO ready to play. See you in game....hopefully. Always - Nina
    edited December 2009
    Venom- Look! Teh GM came!

Batman Signal Rocks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lilnini
    lilnini Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    oh forgot to put my email...hehehe. It's fl_prowling_tiger@hotmail.com. XOXO!!!
  • Taranta - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    It is most likely your antivirus or software quarantining the elementclient.exe since it is being updated and changed.

Please review the antivirus info in the link below.\/

Let us know what you have tried, and what errors you get.

Ok then. I've looked around on my computer, and apparently my antivirus+antispyware has considered the elementclient.exe file a virus, and subsequently quarantined and deleted the file (didn't show me the actual filename, just gave me a Error 24 - exe). I now no longer have the file, though the rest of the game client remains untouched (no problems with adding the .dll files or anything like that). As of right now, is there any way to fix this besides running to another computer or user for help?

Oh, by the by, you might want to add Webroot Antivirus + Antispyware to your list of programs that cause...issues when updating. Stupid thing...I wanna nuke the fishies!!!!
    I shall dominate the Dreamweaver server through the use of Baked goods...and only baked goods.^^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Venomancers are Female. Barbarians are male. It will forever be this way. So suck it up and deal with it already.
  • hello4u
    hello4u Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Ok then. I've looked around on my computer, and apparently my antivirus+antispyware has considered the elementclient.exe file a virus, and subsequently quarantined and deleted the file (didn't show me the actual filename, just gave me a Error 24 - exe). I now no longer have the file, though the rest of the game client remains untouched (no problems with adding the .dll files or anything like that). As of right now, is there any way to fix this besides running to another computer or user for help?

Oh, by the by, you might want to add Webroot Antivirus + Antispyware to your list of programs that cause...issues when updating. Stupid thing...I wanna nuke the fishies!!!!

I have Webroot,too. It also deleted my file without my consent. b:angry
    edited December 2009
    Well, here's the elementclient.exe in a zip file.

http://uploading.com/files/3de7dda6/elementclient.rar

I got it from my friend and I can finally launch the game. But as soon as it launches, it crashes and gives me an error. So the "Unable to Launch game" error is gone but now I got a new one. b:surrender

Btw, Darthpanda, this is the error I got immediately after the game tries to launch itself. Please let me know if you have any solutions. I tried everything. b:cry (verify...reinstalling...updating graphic card etc )

error.jpg
  • Taranta - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Well...thanks for the option, Lee. Unfortunately, I'm not really that trusting, so I suppose I'll have to go to plan b...uninstalling and reinstalling the client. *sigh*...and I was so looking forward to this too...

edited December 2009
    Well...thanks for the option, Lee. Unfortunately, I'm not really that trusting, so I suppose I'll have to go to plan b...uninstalling and reinstalling the client. *sigh*...and I was so looking forward to this too...

Well, I tried reinstalling twice. And it didn't do anything.

Update* My game finally works miraculously.

What I did: After I put in the elementclient.exe, the "unable to launch game" error is gone, and replaced with immediate crashing and error message after launching game (as I described above with screenshot).

I tried everything, including doing the Verify thing in the starting client one last time. This time instead of running for 3+ hrs, it ended in 5 min and I click Start and the game launched with no crashes!! Odd but there it is.

Hope that helps. Good luck Guys. b:bye

p.s. Dam, even had my ticket ready to send to the GMs lol.
  • Jelloman - Sanctuary
    Jelloman - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Webroot blocked it for me too...when my friend sent it to me, i tried it and it said the file was corrupted, so at this moment im re-re-verifying the files to see what happens
  • XiangLi - Lost City
    XiangLi - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Well, I tried reinstalling twice. And it didn't do anything.

Update* My game finally works miraculously.

What I did: After I put in the elementclient.exe, the "unable to launch game" error is gone, and replaced with immediate crashing and error message after launching game (as I described above with screenshot).

I tried everything, including doing the Verify thing in the starting client one last time. This time instead of running for 3+ hrs, it ended in 5 min and I click Start and the game launched with no crashes!! Odd but there it is.

Hope that helps. Good luck Guys. b:bye

p.s. Dam, even had my ticket ready to send to the GMs lol.
    What did you do to get it working? Mine still gives me the jibberish error. b:sad
This discussion has been closed.