Options

Comments

• Zhadou - Heavens Tear
    Zhadou - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    pure dex
    hp can be added with equipment
    sins are supposed to be high damage dealers so go for whatever build maximizes damage.
  • x0eclipse0x
    x0eclipse0x Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I don't know but how bout looking at the armor and wepons for a hint before jumping to a conclusion
  • Esque - Lost City
    Esque - Lost City Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i think LA will be the only possible choice for a critical oriented class.
    before making a build i would read dagger stats requirements

this

10char
    Allnighte - knn read pwdatabase laio, rank6 weap needs all of the badges la.
    rank8 laio just la needs laio rep la

Naevo - o wait dis be pw-my-en? ding dong la
  • Ailish - Raging Tide
    Ailish - Raging Tide Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'm personally using 3 Dex 1 Str 1 Vit, working well for me so far.
  • Zora_Link - Dreamweaver
    Zora_Link - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'm gonna look at the wpns b4 i do anything
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    off topic: DAGGER DEX BM LOL. (if it was an all class weapon i could see this coming up somewhere or more likely a archer using daggers and bows rather then fists and bows but it'd suit them more for their hand to hand weapon but only time will tell.

it wouldnt because it seems some of the dagger skills are significantly more powerful then the fist/claw skills for a BM.
  • Sora_kaiyou - Raging Tide
    Sora_kaiyou - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    it would fail tho cuz archers and BMs dont have dagger skills or skills that increase dagger dmg so they will be doing pretty fail melee dmg with themb:surrender

Dagger damage comes from DEX. Archers are built with the vast majority of their points in DEX. Archers deal most of their damage through normal attacks, not skills.

Define fail damage of an archer using daggers for me. b:bye
  • Poizon - Harshlands
    Poizon - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    [5Dex] - [1str4Dex] and repeat if your shooting for pvp
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JaneGray - Lost City
    JaneGray - Lost City Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Howsabout we actually spend a little time playin with the chars to figure out the builds before we start postin stuff about the optimal builds, huh? b:laugh im not gonna speculate on builds TILL i can toy around with the class.

Exactly. In the lowbie levels, just like wizards archers and every other class, the difference won't be that much for any of the builds, the only major difference will be what armor you use. The 'best' build for an assassin, as well as a psychic, won't be determined until there are very high levels of assassins/psychics. The reason? Because damage/armor/strategy all increases at an exponential rate the higher you go. b:thanks

That's why, in wizard cases, LA < PURE before 90, but after 90 PURE > LA. Because the damage rate increases higher than it did before.

IMHO discussing builds for sins is pointless. Just experiment and have fun with it! Just stick to an armor is what I would do, you can always buy some restat scrolls later! But think about it, yall are the first people playing this class, so yall are the only people that 10 months down the road when PWI is more famous than any other game can say 'Yeah I was there in the begginning and helped discover the best build for sins.' b:victory

Go sins and have fun! But still get prepared to get pwned by us wizzies still. :P IJS. b:thanks
    [SIGPIC]http://i49.tinypic.com/30li6g5.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    FEAR MEH NOOB POWERZ!
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Dagger damage comes from DEX. Archers are built with the vast majority of their points in DEX. Archers deal most of their damage through normal attacks, not skills.

Define fail damage of an archer using daggers for me. b:bye

so what? they DONT have any of the dagger skills assassins have... u wont be any good with them, why do u even want to use them if u have bows/slingshots/cross bows which seem to do more dmg then daggers anyway if all ur going to do is melee -_-

assassins also get the crit dmg buff and the dagger mastery passive buff so a assassin will always do more dmg using melee hits then a archer using daggers and melee hits. thats common sense

if u want to use another classes weapon then keep on using fists/claws or something. leave daggers alone pl0x
  • IxTsuki - Dreamweaver
    IxTsuki - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    There are quite a few ways to build your assassin so do it your way it will probably turn out good and if you dont like it you can always get a point reset.

I do 7 dex 2 str and 1 vit every 2 lvls
  • xxxdsmer
    xxxdsmer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    rexberry wrote: »
    All melee physical damage before the expansion came from strength.

They are changing this entire concept with the expansion. Dex now increases damage for bows/crossbows/slingshots and daggers.

wrong again lol
    did people forget to turn their brains on before typing this morning?
    archer has always been dex based for their RANGED WPN physical dmg, and their magic attacks are based off their physical attack as well. so no, not all physical attack has been based off str
    i'm pro all classes, and against none in particular..
    but the age old QQ about venos is just that. OLD.
    QQ'd about a nix lately? check out this thread n tell me who's "OP" lol..
    (copy and paste this to address bar):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102172
  • Zora_Link - Dreamweaver
    Zora_Link - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'm working on the build math right now, but i think i made a wrong turn somewhere\

EDIT: Okay done. It's 3 dex 2 str each lvl that makes max damage while always reaching the minimum wpn needs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nexina - Lost City
    Nexina - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'm going to set it up with something similar to what Gve on the first page put. 1str, 1vit, 3 dex on even lvls; 1 str, 4 dex on odd levels. I'm pretty sure that it will be a decent build. And, you can always mix it up later on. ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Screenshot of forum activity taken on November 9th, 2009.

Seems that PWI is worse at telling/keeping time than I'm accused of being.
    b:chuckle b:victory
  • draynoair221
    draynoair221 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Drazzo i think 9dex 1 str for thoese wan wan to be pure dex
    thoese who wan to last longer will take 8 dex 1 str and 1 vit
    it could be possible for asn [ assassin even though i prefer calling them **** ] to be heavy amour or tanks
    Ukelele(F/barb) Miseree(F/Vamp)xRein(F/Priest)xCloud(F/Marksman)BlackNaux(M/Warrior)
    Negelected by PWE and is still praying to get in. Had my key since they announce they game with BOI
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hiddenmonkey
    hiddenmonkey Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Why would people suggest 1 str a level on a LA class? I would think 3~4 dex a level 1 str ever other level and 1~2 vit every other level would make more sense. A close range LA is particularly challenging to work with, especially when its so easy for monsters to kite melee classes simply by moving just a bit and they are magically out of range. Unlike casters where so long as the attack was started in range they can still attack the target even if its moved out of the max range of the skill. This is what kept me from using melee classes in the last MMO I played, because they had no reach on monsters they were already swinging at that suddenly decided to move a millimeter away preventing the attack.
    I can imagine using Shadow Escape to deal with either an overpowering or a runner will most likely result in the monster resetting. Because for some reason monsters have to be godly if they can't get to you and violate every **** of your body.
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    A tip for all of you a basic sin build is 3:1:1 no matter the level.

3 dex, 1 str, 1 vit. Their gear will most likely not take a lot of str, but will require a major amount of dex. Their vit is important since sin's are basic close range fighters only. They will 95% surely have only 2-3 long range skills.

So up the vit, dex, and str and then go crazy in PvP

-Friendly Tip from a major sin player.
  • XMiisery - Heavens Tear
    XMiisery - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    This guide is good coursety of Masoteaka - Heavens Tear

My EA/Assassin build is

1 Str - Every lvl
    1 Con/Vit - Ever other lvl
    4/3 Agi/Dex - 4 on lvls w/o Con and 3 on lvls with Con

here's first 10 lvls of build....

Lvl 1: Str 5, Agi 5, Con 5 - Base stats ofc
    Lvl 2: Str 6, Agi 9, Con 5 - Add 1 Str, 4 Agi, and NO Con
    Lvl 3: Str 7, Agi 12, Con 6 - Add 1 Str, 3 Agi, and 1 Con
    Lvl 4: Str 8, Agi 16, Con 6 - Add 1 Str, 4 Agi, and NO Con
    Lvl 5: Str 9, Agi 19, Con 7 - Add 1 Str, 3 Agi, and 1 Con
    Lvl 6: Str 10, Agi 23, Con 7 - Add 1 Str, 4 Agi, and NO Con
    Lvl 7: Str 11, Agi 26, Con 8 - Add 1 Str, 3 Agi, and 1 Con
    Lvl 8: Str 12, Agi 30, Con 8 - Add 1 Str, 4 Agi, and NO Con
    Lvl 9: Str 13, Agi 33, Con 9 - Add 1 Str, 3 Agi, and 1 Con
    Lvl 10: Str 14, Agi 37, Con 9 - Add 1 Str, 4 Agi, and NO Con

and so on

for ppl who dont care about Con or know how to live w/o it just take the Con and add to Agi =o so yea 1 Str, 4 Agi every lvl

anyway just my 2 cents about build

mine when play my assian at buddy place who has access to the game that has the expansion. Already my build is 4 dex and 1 str per lvl going to experiment with tonight with odd numbers 4 dex and 1 str for even number 3 dex. 1 str and 1 point free for vit if needed.
    But i hope you guys enjoy tide release i will be playing my assian on other one for a while. letting everyone have fun will make one still but won't work on him till. Feel he should make a appearance i wish you all best of luck. With skills and etc

This actually sounds great, i plan on doing this build myself.
    b:pleasedb:pleasedb:pleased
  • Shadow_Kai - Lost City
    Shadow_Kai - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i'd probably go with 3-str/4-dex/3-vit every-2lvls
  • Aliella - Harshlands
    Aliella - Harshlands Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    maybe we should go o how the weps need the build, like how an arcane need to be pure magic to wear and use the gear b:surrender what do you think?
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Exactly. In the lowbie levels, just like wizards archers and every other class, the difference won't be that much for any of the builds, the only major difference will be what armor you use. The 'best' build for an assassin, as well as a psychic, won't be determined until there are very high levels of assassins/psychics. The reason? Because damage/armor/strategy all increases at an exponential rate the higher you go. b:thanks

That's why, in wizard cases, LA < PURE before 90, but after 90 PURE > LA. Because the damage rate increases higher than it did before.

IMHO discussing builds for sins is pointless. Just experiment and have fun with it! Just stick to an armor is what I would do, you can always buy some restat scrolls later! But think about it, yall are the first people playing this class, so yall are the only people that 10 months down the road when PWI is more famous than any other game can say 'Yeah I was there in the begginning and helped discover the best build for sins.' b:victory

Go sins and have fun! But still get prepared to get pwned by us wizzies still. :P IJS. b:thanks

You said LA < Pure before 90, and after 90 Pure > LA. You just said the same thing twice o.O
  • Nemesyk - Raging Tide
    Nemesyk - Raging Tide Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i'm using the minimum build for Light Armor, 4dex1str every level

at level 12, i 1shot lvl 10 mobs, do about 75-80% damage to lvl 11 mobs (on my first hit), and about 65-70% damage to lvl 12 mobs (on my first hit)

yea, pretty sure i know my build b:bye
    Retired Character

New main is Alexenokin of Lost City
  • mysterypower64
    mysterypower64 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    im doing this:

enough STR to get next light armor, and then put the rest into dex. im putting points into vit. as i think is needed.
  • deimonace
    deimonace Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    That build looks interesting to try
  • pelucavr
    pelucavr Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    What would be the best build for dps sin?
  • Killahoe - Harshlands
    Killahoe - Harshlands Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    [5Dex] - [1str4Dex] and repeat if your shooting for pvp

You need to add 1 str every lvl to equip light armour equal to your lvl.

4 dex - 1 str every lvl for max damage
    3 dex - 1 str - 1 vit every lvl if you wanna be able to take a few more hits.

We still have to see if a pure build will work as well as it does for an archer.
    Dont forget assassins will be getting hit more than archers so that extra vit will help.
  • Shardyn - Harshlands
    Shardyn - Harshlands Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    1 Str
    4 Dex

Nice simple equation for a pro Assassin.
    b:laugh
  • Killahoe - Harshlands
    Killahoe - Harshlands Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Maybe assassins will have to stack garnets in armour instead of citrines.

This will give a lack of hp so 1 vit per lvl maybe enough to counter this.
  • chelseacrafter
    chelseacrafter Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    From what I hear everyone is talking as if the assassin is throwing the daggers at a distance which they do not do.

Read the character description... "skillful melee COMBATANT"... that word usually means hand to hand... which is close quarters & that means assassins are going to take the aggro up close not at range.

I think this class is going to require a rethink about build stats. I don't see the similarities to archers that everyone keeps assuming without giving any logical reason for other than they've watched movies & played other games. If assassins threw the daggers then I'd say ok it's a ranged class & that would be enough similarity to archers to fall in line with that thinking.

But based on the description PWI gives to assassins I'm not very confident in the advice to build exactly like an archer.
  • Mavado - Harshlands
    Mavado - Harshlands Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    mhh, what would happen you went 3 dex 2 str per level... or even 1 str 4 dex/2str 3 dex every two levels? Would you have enough str to equip a few pieces of heavy armor? =P
    >_< I'm a wizard in disguise... you know like the old cartoon... except with less robots and more fire/ice/rocks....