Builds discussion for sins

Options
Drazo - Dreamweaver
Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Assassin
I'm thinking similar to archer builds.

No magic, 3 - 4 dex, 1 - 2 str and 0 - 1 vit per level. I think vit might be a bit more valuable though since they're melee. Archers can quite easily kill from afar without getting hit. But assassins are slightly more likely to being melee.
Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
Post edited by Drazo - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Bai_Qi - Heavens Tear
    Bai_Qi - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I agree to a point. RL Assassin = Ninja. Hit and run character. So I dont know how to build it except to try this: 3-1-1 per level. Dex,Vit,Str. This may work! Or First 20 Levels, How about this: 3-2 per level. Dex and str. Then Level 30-40 go w/ this: 3-1-1 Dex, Str, Vit! I don't know, I would have to see how the starting stats look in order to break down the points. What do ya'll think?
  • MicTheApple - Lost City
    MicTheApple - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Sounds Great Ill try thanks i think 3 dex 2 str and then 3 dex 1 vit and 1 str per lvl. b:pleased
  • Dosinn - Dreamweaver
    Dosinn - Dreamweaver Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Howsabout we actually spend a little time playin with the chars to figure out the builds before we start postin stuff about the optimal builds, huh? b:laugh im not gonna speculate on builds TILL i can toy around with the class.
  • Juggernaut - Harshlands
    Juggernaut - Harshlands Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    My best guess is that it will be the same build as a full dex Archer.
    1 Str, 4 Dex per level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SilentMutt - Dreamweaver
    SilentMutt - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i think 1 strength, 3 dex, and 1 vit will do me good :D

oh, yay my first post :P
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    According to Korren, vit only gives 10hp per point for 'sins.

With that in mind, I think full dex would be in order.
  • Shintera - Sanctuary
    Shintera - Sanctuary Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'm thinking similar to archer builds.

No magic, 3 - 4 dex, 1 - 2 str and 0 - 1 vit per level. I think vit might be a bit more valuable though since they're melee. Archers can quite easily kill from afar without getting hit. But assassins are slightly more likely to being melee.

i'm also going 3 str 1 dex 1 vit. because i'm gonna be up close and personal most the time and hence, i'd like to have the hp pool to withstand it. archers have their shell ever 30 seconds which is mp regen and dmg absorbtion, plus they don't normally let their target get close to them. as a hand to hand combat my target will most likely be right up to me (i'd be doing something wrong if they weren't) so i'd like to take a few hits considering our main heal is only gonna be once every 3 minutes and it's 20 seconds and life saver. unless theirs another one i'm unaware of but I can always restat a few vit into dex later on if i need to and still hit like 5-6k hp without any vit but for early on. i'd prefer the survavibility because the skills and weapons won't be high enough strengh for just a few dex to matter, on the other hand the vit will matter because it's effects add up and become more apparent to a tank earlier then dex will (low wep dmg makes dex not as useful till later on in which i'll probably restat and get citrined/vit gear)

edit: if vit is only 10 hp then i'll probably go pure dex. but a hand to hand combat with 10 hp per vit would suck ****
  • Gve - Sanctuary
    Gve - Sanctuary Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    This guide is good coursety of Masoteaka - Heavens Tear

My EA/Assassin build is

1 Str - Every lvl
    1 Con/Vit - Ever other lvl
    4/3 Agi/Dex - 4 on lvls w/o Con and 3 on lvls with Con

here's first 10 lvls of build....

Lvl 1: Str 5, Agi 5, Con 5 - Base stats ofc
    Lvl 2: Str 6, Agi 9, Con 5 - Add 1 Str, 4 Agi, and NO Con
    Lvl 3: Str 7, Agi 12, Con 6 - Add 1 Str, 3 Agi, and 1 Con
    Lvl 4: Str 8, Agi 16, Con 6 - Add 1 Str, 4 Agi, and NO Con
    Lvl 5: Str 9, Agi 19, Con 7 - Add 1 Str, 3 Agi, and 1 Con
    Lvl 6: Str 10, Agi 23, Con 7 - Add 1 Str, 4 Agi, and NO Con
    Lvl 7: Str 11, Agi 26, Con 8 - Add 1 Str, 3 Agi, and 1 Con
    Lvl 8: Str 12, Agi 30, Con 8 - Add 1 Str, 4 Agi, and NO Con
    Lvl 9: Str 13, Agi 33, Con 9 - Add 1 Str, 3 Agi, and 1 Con
    Lvl 10: Str 14, Agi 37, Con 9 - Add 1 Str, 4 Agi, and NO Con

and so on

for ppl who dont care about Con or know how to live w/o it just take the Con and add to Agi =o so yea 1 Str, 4 Agi every lvl

anyway just my 2 cents about build

mine when play my assian at buddy place who has access to the game that has the expansion. Already my build is 4 dex and 1 str per lvl going to experiment with tonight with odd numbers 4 dex and 1 str for even number 3 dex. 1 str and 1 point free for vit if needed.
    But i hope you guys enjoy tide release i will be playing my assian on other one for a while. letting everyone have fun will make one still but won't work on him till. Feel he should make a appearance i wish you all best of luck. With skills and etc
    hell gate london rocks best fps game ever wanting hell gate ressurection out this year

Status-semi afk log on when i want
  • Bulldowzah - Dreamweaver
    Bulldowzah - Dreamweaver Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    im going for the 3Dex 1Vit 1Str b:chuckle
    depends on the daggers
    9x Barb
    6x Seeker
    6x BM
    6xCleric
    [SIGPIC]http://i38.tinypic.com/nco6ts.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • _tina_ - Lost City
    _tina_ - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    According to Korren, vit only gives 10hp per point for 'sins.

With that in mind, I think full dex would be in order.

Assassins get 26 hp per lvl and 13 hp per vit
    psychs get 10 hp per vit

b:chuckle
    ****.****.ins
    Cuz theyll Kick your **** before you spot them
    b:chuckle
  • yugiho906
    yugiho906 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    no skill link yet?
  • _Myrddin_ - Harshlands
    _Myrddin_ - Harshlands Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i think LA will be the only possible choice for a critical oriented class.
    before making a build i would read dagger stats requirements
  • Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    Mosabi - Heavens Tear Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    3 Dex 1 str 1 vit one lvl and then 4 Dex 1 Str the other lvl thats how am gonna stat mine anyways
    Is Back once more.

sorry med school needs some time.
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

http://www.ecatomb.net/dagger.php there you go b:chuckle its not complete but a good guide
  • Yuji_Sakai - Harshlands
    Yuji_Sakai - Harshlands Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

Korren says:

"Originally Posted by Korren - Lost City

daggers only need few str ,dont worry, heres the requirement of warsoul daggers:
    lv80 require str:44 dex: 242"

So str shouldn't be a problem for daggers.

1 str, 4 dex per level for me. It will probably be really difficult in the early levels, but......it was the same for my archer, so thats fine.
  • MootKitty - Sanctuary
    MootKitty - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    personally, im thinking of going a heavy armor build for my sin, with 5 str 5 dex every 2 lvls, depends on the dex req for the daggers though, anyone else have my idea or am i just nutz?
    If no ones told you they love you today, thats probably cuz nobody does...

But its ok, i love you - MootKitty to Reader

Stealth... HA! Sins cant hold up any better than any other class against me in pvp, im blind :P
    (PVP ranking = Mariana Trench

ran outta stuff to put, gonna make a new siggy soon
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I think 3 Dex 2 str per level may be a more viable heavy assassin build. You'd have to wear below-current-level armor, but you'd still have more PDef than LA.

Looking at ecatomb I'd say daggers are 3 dex/level or thereabouts requirements.
  • Xotren - Dreamweaver
    Xotren - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Howsabout we actually spend a little time playin with the chars to figure out the builds before we start postin stuff about the optimal builds, huh? b:laugh im not gonna speculate on builds TILL i can toy around with the class.

I agree with that :)
  • DaMan - Dreamweaver
    DaMan - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I've been looking at the builds and everyone is saying dex for assassin, is it's damage gonne be dex based as opposed to str like most melee classes?
    I'm not anti-herc, I'm anti-bad veno!!!
  • Gve - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    most common assian i seen on the china version of pw is they have dex based char. Though am at buddy place playing atm most seeing dex the non dex type most be doing something else atm
    hell gate london rocks best fps game ever wanting hell gate ressurection out this year

• Venomocity - Lost City
    Venomocity - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Since they are melee, I don't think they will be as squishy as archers, but I might go pure dex with 1 str and 1 dex every other level.
  • Aquarian - Lost City
    Aquarian - Lost City Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I've been looking at the builds and everyone is saying dex for assassin, is it's damage gonne be dex based as opposed to str like most melee classes?

yes sin damage will be dex based like an archer even tho they are melee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] b:cool Im so awsome they named a poleaxe after me XD
  • PartyAnimal - Harshlands
    PartyAnimal - Harshlands Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    From what I have heard, yes it will be based off dex.
  • Gve - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    that the build i'm using atm for current assian playing him as i speak he fun

• rexberry
    rexberry Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

All melee physical damage before the expansion came from strength.

They are changing this entire concept with the expansion. Dex now increases damage for bows/crossbows/slingshots and daggers.
  • Gve - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    it is based off dex

• Shintera - Sanctuary
    Shintera - Sanctuary Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    rexberry wrote: »
    All melee physical damage before the expansion came from strength.

They are changing this entire concept with the expansion. Dex now increases damage for bows/crossbows/slingshots and daggers.

off topic: DAGGER DEX BM LOL. (if it was an all class weapon i could see this coming up somewhere or more likely a archer using daggers and bows rather then fists and bows but it'd suit them more for their hand to hand weapon but only time will tell.
  • Dinark - Lost City
    Dinark - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    an archer using daggers and bows rather then fists and bows but it'd suit them more for their hand to hand weapon but only time will tell.

From seeing the required stats for warsong daggers an archer cud use any lvl daggers bar they hav req lvl..
    Signiture Designed By meh ! b:cool b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Learn Chinese :
    Great! - Fa Kin Su Pah : Your Body Odor is Offensive - Yu Stin Ki Pu
    Thats Not Right - Sum Ting Wong : Stayin Out of Sight - Lei Ying Lo
    Are you Harbouring a Fugitive - Hu yu Hai Ding : Our Meeting Is Next Week - Wei Yu Kum Nao ?
    This is a Tow Away Zone - No Pah King : Did You Goto the Beach - Wei Yu So Tan
  • Asurr - Heavens Tear
    Asurr - Heavens Tear Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    off topic: DAGGER DEX BM LOL. (if it was an all class weapon i could see this coming up somewhere or more likely a archer using daggers and bows rather then fists and bows but it'd suit them more for their hand to hand weapon but only time will tell.

it would fail tho cuz archers and BMs dont have dagger skills or skills that increase dagger dmg so they will be doing pretty fail melee dmg with themb:surrender
  • PartyAnimal - Harshlands
    PartyAnimal - Harshlands Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Yes.