did they ever throw bms a bone?

Superdead - Sanctuary
Superdead - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Blademaster
I've been gone since summer and haven't thought twice about coming back until recently.

Did they ever throw us bms a bone? Here's what I remember:

BM's were:
2nd rate health
2nd rate defense
3rd/4th rate offense
1st in number of aoe attack skills
ok at everything, but not notable in anything
most spread out (thinly I might add when I played) class with 4 separate paths to go through.

has any of this changed? Do we deal a little bit more, take a little bit more? I never expected us to be a tank, but come on, let us have a little more survivability than the archers and wizards...
Post edited by Superdead - Sanctuary on

Comments

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    whut the heck...
    since did bms have less survivability then wizards/archers.
    b:sweat
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Superdead - Sanctuary
    Superdead - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    whut the heck...
    since did bms have less survivability then wizards/archers.
    b:sweat

I never said we had less, just that we didn't have enough to make heavy armor vs light/mage armor substantial. light armor was 4-5k, heavy was 6-8k. Then barbs were 12k+
  • Triple_T_K_A - Heavens Tear
    Triple_T_K_A - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I've been gone since summer and haven't thought twice about coming back until recently.

BM's were:
    2nd rate health
    2nd rate defense
    3rd/4th rate offense

most spread out (thinly I might add when I played) class with 4 separate paths to go through.

has any of this changed? Do we deal a little bit more, take a little bit more? I never expected us to be a tank, but come on, let us have a little more survivability than the archers and wizards...

Still true ;s(I think?@.@)
    Idk about that one
    Fists Bms= Best DPS ingame
    Still true ;o
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Still same. You really have to go extremes if you want to be outstanding at anything, like going full vit if you want to have decent survivability, or high dex/str fist BM if you want to have decent damage. But full vit BM's can't hit for their lives and high DD BM's are easy one-shots for caster types.
  • Andross - Dreamweaver
    Andross - Dreamweaver Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Still same. You really have to go extremes if you want to be outstanding at anything, like going full vit if you want to have decent survivability, or high dex/str fist BM if you want to have decent damage. But full vit BM's can't hit for their lives and high DD BM's are easy one-shots for caster types.

Tell that to swordman... and a number of other pure str + dex bms.
    You can get a lot of HP on your armor, while being able to use the points for dex instead of vit to be able to do a lot of damage.
    BMs are melee damage dealers, plain and simple. They aren't meant to be barbs, or any other class, for a reason. It's like trying to compare a wizard and archer... they both do a lot of ranged damage, but there's many differences between them.
    Also... stuns (among various other status effects and skills, did you forget about marrow? A wizard's worst nightmare D:).
    /thread
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    It's true though ^^ A good high level wizzie with decent equips will have little difficulty in one-shotting a low vit BM, unless they've got insane amounts to spend on refines.
    But I have to agree BM's aren't meant to be barbs. A full vit BM will just get 2-shot instead while barely managing to tick the wizzies charm.

Of course, yes skill plays a large part. Time your marrows, move in and stun lock and it's gg. BM is a class you really have to be willing to work with if you want to make it awesome.

Now that I think about it, we got some pretty awesome genie skills available to us lately. Balance pretty much saves you against a caster, True emptiness makes you lethal in aerial combat and bramble rage can wipe out an entire group combined with HF.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    wizzies can have 10k phys def at 90

bm's can have 10k maq def at 90 if they work at it

their attacks hit harder

we have more hp doe to HEAVY ARMOR REFINEMENT not because our vit gives us a huge ammount only barbs realy get a worthwile amount out of that stat

bm has stuns TE and balance

wizzies have a ranged seal and sleep anti stun and holy path geni if their smart

a bm spending = amount on thier weapon could just as easily one shot the wizzie due to = resists and their lower hp

bm's get more from dex than any class in game and a rediculous amount of skills to play with

or to put it simply a bad bm is 2nd rate at everything a decent bm is ok at one thing and a good bm is a better DD than DD's can tank like your barba spike stun debuff and generaly be hell on wheels
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Kedth - Sanctuary
    Kedth - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Any char at 9x is scary.... basically. Less weakness they have.

Any class, if well played of course.

Armor refinement ALONE won't give you all the HP u need for mass PvP (tried Tw with a low HP? yeah... gl in there buddy lol), u need shards too... not cheap the ones you need at those lvls. So for some stuff some kind of VIT yes, helps, doesnt matter if barbs get more. Of course u can use your credit card and solve that problem easily... then u can be a beast even with VIT capped at 3.

or to put it simply a bad bm is 2nd rate at everything a decent bm is ok at one thing and a good bm is a better DD than DD's can tank like your barba spike stun debuff and generaly be hell on wheels

Like any other class... if u are 2nd rate u are second rate. And a BM being a better DD than a pure DD class again...depends on the context. PvE wise? Hell yeah, fist BMs are great at that because of they raw DPS. PvP wise? Mhhh... no.
    Try to tank a WB as a BM too, lets see if you enjoy it. Or pull a cata on TW... careful saying BMs are better tanks than barbs.

Always a matter of context. Be versatile, play smart... and enjoy. There are a lot of good players out there ;)
  • kamikaze101
    kamikaze101 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Like any other class... if u are 2nd rate u are second rate. And a BM being a better DD than a pure DD class again...depends on the context. PvE wise? Hell yeah, fist BMs are great at that because of they raw DPS. PvP wise? Mhhh... no.
    Try to tank a WB as a BM too, lets see if you enjoy it. Or pull a cata on TW... careful saying BMs are better tanks than barbs.

Always a matter of context. Be versatile, play smart... and enjoy. There are a lot of good players out there ;)

Umh...you're wrong TT-TT
    http://zoome.jp/gattun/diary/56/
    All weapon BM using Fists and well...owning..people havent used fists right or they dont have the right equips :/..but fists own PvP ;O.. Sure any class does as well if the player is good or if cash shopped or both @.@... But Fists are still effin awesome D=
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    Hippie - Harshlands Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited December 2009

BM's were:
    2nd rate health
    2nd rate defense
    3rd/4th rate offense

Barbs arent THAT much mroe durable.

Second ebst durability
    Highest dps
    Ability to stunlock
    Ability to purge
    Most strategic skill combos(Stun, seel, freeze, debuff, amp, slow, seal)

BM is best endgame class, also god of TW. Only mages can be compared to bms in tw.
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Kedth - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    The dude on the vid used Axes 95% of the time and used fists against robes... of course u own them fast... no need to be a genius to know that geez >.>

And an archer kills them with 1 and a half arrows from 125 miles away if unshielded as the ones in the vid.... that is TW, u get ganked from every angle. Your point? Still no better DD.
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    The dude on the vid used Axes 95% of the time and used fists against robes... of course u own them fast... no need to be a genius to know that geez >.>

And an archer kills them with 1 and a half arrows from 125 miles away if unshielded as the ones in the vid.... that is TW, u get ganked from every angle. Your point? Still no better DD.

a +10 endgame fist with stacked interwal can solo a cata barb.

unless we speak about an 8jun EA, archer will never do that.

(by cata barb i eman fullbuffed 24k hp+)
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Kedth - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Yeah, and everybody can afford that right?

Also, a cata barb isnt usually alone and i dont think any clever cata squad would let you DPS his butt as you please.
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Yeah, and everybody can afford that right?

Also, a cata barb isnt usually alone and i dont think any clever cata squad would let you DPS his butt as you please.

TW is more complicated, true, but the discussion was just about DPS. and nothing can outdps an edngame fist bm.
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Kedth - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    And in TW pure DPS (that means hitting non-stop something a long period of time) doesn't exist. Doing that will paint a big red bull's eye in your butt. I said PvP, there's not pure DPS in PvP, ppl aren't bosses or mobs. They move.

Edit: well, u can pure DPS a squishy with a fast weapon and move to the next one. Ok, i give you that. Long DPS battles are out of the question tho.
  • Soujiro_Z - Sanctuary
    Soujiro_Z - Sanctuary Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    ^ agree...
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    And in TW pure DPS (that means hitting non-stop something a long period of time) doesn't exist. Doing that will paint a big red bull's eye in your butt. I said PvP, there's not pure DPS in PvP, ppl aren't bosses or mobs. They move.

Edit: well, u can pure DPS a squishy with a fast weapon and move to the next one. Ok, i give you that. Long DPS battles are out of the question tho.

are a bm? how the fak u got to lvl90 and stayed that stuped.

u can use stuns, dps with fist, and switch to axe for drake bash. u can extend with genie stun too, and whatever doesnt die in 18 sec doestn worth fisting(needs to be 3 sparked)
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • kamikaze101
    edited December 2009
    are a bm? how the fak u got to lvl90 and stayed that stuped.

u can use stuns, dps with fist, and switch to axe for drake bash. u can extend with genie stun too, and whatever doesnt die in 18 sec doestn worth fisting(needs to be 3 sparked)

forgot freeze with Tyreseus as well >->...

But I guess some people just dont get fists at all ;s
  • Kedth - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    I guess some ppl don't get that if u stun lock a peep in TW (talking about TW not 1vs1 PK... not the same just in case u don't know the difference) u get empty of chi and u are dead (u need to stun squads no just 1 loser for 18 secs)... so who is the stupid now? Yeah, go ahead and spam bash to switch weapon plz. And get ur squad killed in the process. Talking about stupidity...

Ow, and i use and switch between 3 weapons (one of them fists)... so u can stfu a bit b:bye
  • kamikaze101
    edited December 2009
    with fists chi isnt really a prob you know :/...so I guess youre not that good ;s

Edit: Even with 2.0 (which is totally obtainable by lvl 90 without cash shopping) or chi pots or Cloud Eruption (genie skill), in TW I like to take down cata barbs o-o...and throw the occasional seal/stun to barraging archers o-o
  • Kedth - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    No, there isnt..... in PVE!! Even 1vs1 PK against some classes.
    TW is another different story and i was talking about it... you are NOT the only one with stuns/sleep/seal and whatever, and if u thiink u are going to pure DPS **** there freely you are just plan naive.

Meh, i give up... u don't seem to get it.
  • kamikaze101
    edited December 2009
    same with you ;o....like you said many classes can stun/seal/sleep...but its not just you against the others dum dum theres a bunch of you guys in TW D=....you just dont get it. Im out ;O
  • ChainedDust - Heavens Tear
    ChainedDust - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    same with you ;o....like you said many classes can stun/seal/sleep...but its not just you against the others dum dum theres a bunch of you guys in TW D=....you just dont get it. Im out ;O

Good, begone with your insults.
  • Kedth - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Thank you for saying nothing with that post.... im still trying to figure out your point there... maybe that there are ppl in TW. Maybe that there are ppl in your server. Or maybe that there are ppl playing a game you play.. idk idk.

End of the flame for good b:bye
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Thank you for saying nothing with that post.... im still trying to figure out your point there... maybe that there are ppl in TW. Maybe that there are ppl in your server. Or maybe that there are ppl playing a game you play.. idk idk.

End of the flame for good b:bye

In TW fists are close to useless. Before you start flaming me I say this as an axe/fist bm with lunar claws and base atk speed of 2.22 atk/s. BMs aren't meant to go after single targets in TW. Your only roles are to:
    1) Run into a group of people + stun/aoe
    2) Use HF on a cata barb to help your wizzies and other DD kill him faster
    3) Go after a cleric that's healing a cata barb, in which case 99% of the time the cleric will be flying. Run up, HF+True Emptiness GG cleric, I've hit 22k on a cleric in TW before with a zerk+crit True Emptiness.

There's simply no room for you to go after single targets that often because it's not a bm's job. Fists are good for some quick chi buildup when your spark pots are on cd, that's about it.

In PvP outside of TW they are extremely useful when combined with axe's stuns. Yes nobody is gonna stand there and let you pound their face in, that's why we have stuns+freeze. At 99 it's possible to get a base attack speed of 3.33 atk/s, given a 4 second window after your Roar that's over 13 hits right there.
  • Kedth - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    And i completely agree with you filet. I was only talking about TW. Some ppl just don't get TW is not a PK party tho. At all.