FAC 87: geared / ungeared

ExELFine - Heavens Tear
ExELFine - Heavens Tear Posts: 362 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Cleric
Hi all cleric friends, it's me again. Maybe you remember me from HERE.

First I would like to thank all the wonderful clerics who have fed me their inputs and counseling along the way, even if I was not, at the time, very receptive. With a little more experience, I have learned that they were mostly right. Hey...

I have tried my best to follow Cayeon's guide, up to at least level 83 (where he left the game), and have continued in the spirit of the Full Attack Cleric game style, although I did stray away trying to accommodate other classes in acting as a full healer. Note that there is no challenge whatsoever as a full healer, but hey, I had to try it b:chuckle

Ok so what brings me here on this glorious sunless sunday morning? I just want to show what I look like, at this very moment, geared and ungeared. Note that this is me at lev 87, with no lev 90 gear whatsoever.

Later, I will add pictures of my gear detailing their particular properties and still, later on, I will post screenies of me soloing TT, and as well, the crit damage than I can deal.

Why, do you ask? For the simple reason that I want to show all my cleric friends that it is possible to enjoy this game without ever having to be slaves to other classes, whatever they tell you, whatever abuse they drown you in.

So, here is me geared / ungeared:

dec09n.jpg

Look at the picture carefully. Once you understand it, I will post pictures about my actual gear, which is mostly very ordinary... b:chuckle (for the moment)!

Actually, according to sequence of photos, I should have said: "ungeared / geared"
[SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
Crafting:
Tailor: lev 7
Blacksmith: lev 6
Craftsman: lev 6
Apothicary: lev 5
SEMI to 7/8 RETIRED, not from PW but from PWI :)
Post edited by ExELFine - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I give - I don't see it. Your resistances look ok and the rest of your stats look pretty low, assuming that's unbuffed.

Ohh I see - you have 5 extra dex . . . that;s it isn't it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I give - I don't see it. Your resistances look ok and the rest of your stats look pretty low, assuming that's unbuffed.

Ohh I see - you have 5 extra dex . . . that;s it isn't it?

That and strength. Coupled with gear, you've got way too much strength for that level. Those points, along with the points in Dex that aren't contributing to building Crits, would be better suited to Magic to build up attack strength. That's about 200-250 potential MAtk going to waste. Which is silly...especially since you went to the lengths to take those 2 points out of Vit. O_O

Also, I probably would have bit the bullet at 70 and gone for the route of the Gold 80 Sword over the wand (if it came down to having a gold TT80 weapon...went for the Ambiguity myself). Granted...Alacantha Wand is a respectable, fairly balanced weapon IMO. But the 80 variant, with it's boost to MAXIMUM mag attack completely goes against the big selling point to wands in the first place: that extremely tight MAtk variance.

Going by a quick glance on PWCalc, the Sakra...something...something (I'm too lazy to try to spell that or copy/pasta) has only a marginally lower minimum, a slightly higher maximum (meaning slightly higher spikes, but a comparable damage variation), and 2% crit. And given that FAC is focused on attacking, you should be trying to squeeze every drop of firepower that you can muster wherever you can, shouldn't you?

Granted, more crits means more damage spikes. And more spikes means more chances to pull aggro from an unwary tank. But if that were a concern why would you be going Demon? O_O
  • ExELFine - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    @ XxLady_XelxX

Thanks for tips and comments, it's appreciated. I do need to tweak dex and str.

I levelled STR to 50 for gear requirements but you're right, it's a lot now with the neckie which adds 8 points to it. As for DEX, I'm not sure but I think it affects crit in slices of 20 so, definitely, needs restating.

As for the rest, (equip and weapon which I will be posting too), I had an identity crisis when squadding... as of late, groups I squadded with expected me to act as primary healer and, seeing I needed the BH's, some TT mats, FF and Lunar (for exp), I kind of had no real choice until I gained more experience in those instances. So I acted as primary healer, still DD'ing whenever possible.

But DD'ing with slightly lower levels meant stealing aggro when using tempest, sparked-nukes or even my genie's Rainbow Blessing. Hence the compromise in my choice of gear.

I have already decided on my lev 90 gear tho, which includes a choice of weapon between the following:

- Wheel of Denied Fate (TT 90)
    Magic Attack: 665-997
    Chan: - 3%
    MAtt: + 77
    MAG: +14 - 15

OR

- Ardent Soul Shadow (TT 90)
    Magic Attack: 665 - 997
    Crit: 2%
    HP: + 205
    MP: + 260

If you have better suggestions, I will be glad to read them :)

Needless to say that by the time I hit Demon, I will have assumed entirely my FAC-build choice and will act accordingly. And, by that time, the new classes will be out, won't that be fun!
    [SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Crafting:
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    why u wud want that 2nd weapon?..
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Ummm... full attack cleric? wut?

yea, definitely work on that phy. def. It is rather low.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
    edited December 2009
    why u wud want that 2nd weapon?..

For the crit? b:chuckle

The Wheel is my first choice tho, and a bit cheaper :)

Lloyd Asplund - Sanctuary wrote:

Indeed. When I change my gear at lev 90, I will definitely use more physdef shards or gems if I can.
    Crafting:
  • ewingoil
    ewingoil Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I guess for FAC it looks fine wouldn't really know though as I am Hybrid.
  • Raviste - Heavens Tear
    Raviste - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    What weapon are you currently using? Not being mean, but at level 85 my pure mag cleric had 6k-8k mag attack with +4 wheel of life, about 50 more points in mag, and about twice of your pdef with unrefined level 70s molders. And you have about the same mag attack as my friend's hybrid cleric when he was 87 as well. :x

Maybe invest more in your TT90s to avoid being a one shot? I know pure mags are squishies, though we do hit hard. Going by your stats I'm assuming you're wearing elemental ornaments; I'd suggest going for pdef necklace and belt. Browse the AH: it's not very difficult to find pdef ornaments with +HP, +def, or +mag.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired - Radiance
  • Nerruse - Lost City
    Nerruse - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    That cleric is oneshot at pk b:laugh

Even at pve servers I think u should get more hp/def on your gears. Not even 3k hp and <1k pdef. Not saying your attack is very low for FAC. My wife vit build cleric has almost 4k hp, around twice as much pdef and around your magic attack if not higher.

I would get Wraith Conqueror weapon or Ardent for extra hp. Crit is mostly used for pvp purpose so -channel on wraith is better. Best FF squad is with 1 cleric and 1 tiny mistake of lurer and ur pretty much dead with your stats (crit doesnt help heals).

Get full HH90 green set with gold sleeve and try to refine it to +4-5. Best necklance would be HH90 gold or sky demon pearl. Try to get rings/cape with vit/hp addons and nice helmet with pdef/hp adds.
    edited December 2009
    ^this

minus weapon part

getting extra hp from weapon is kinda waste.. u loose 15 mag points + 77 mag attack, which is a BIT

and if ur hp is too low then more smart will be get it via vit (hp + pdef)

no no no for weapons with hp adds :P
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Ummm... full attack cleric? wut?

^ This.....even self-buffed would be LOW, even your HP is rather low!

I almost fell out of my chair b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    why didnt you consider the innocent reverie over the ardent soul shadow?
    I think this weapon is very overlooked, +262 evasion +14 magic + 1% crit
    the evasion is very useful for magic classes that do any kind of melee'ing
    and the +14 magic +1% crit seems far better that +2% crit. the wraith conqueror is a big scam in my opinion, the mats are about as overpriced as you can get for green weapons at 90. your better off getting a vit stone from a cash shopper, putting it in your helmet, and having more flexibility with your other gear.

the -3% that the WConq gives really doesnt make that much of a difference in your over all channeling stat, the 90 wheel has higher spike damage, 160 higher with a damage floor only 6 points lower that WQ

Innocent rev mag attk = 748-914, +1% crit, 262 eva, 14 mag
    WC - mag attk = 748-914 -3%, 14 vit, 14 mag
    wheel- (665-997 +77) mag attk = 742 - 1074, -3% +14 mag

i chose the best of both in my opinion, wheel for magic focus, IR for melee focus while keeping magic an option, and put both wepons on quickbar for fast switching. I'm a heavy veno, but i think the attack comparisons carry over (much less melee damage on clerics though)
    and i would echo the above poster, that added HP/MP on a weapon is a waste, when every other peice of equipment can add in these areas. Especially if its going to be bound, like the soulshadow will be, wait till 99 to get a bound giave.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    Thank you all for your questions and comments. In order to answer some, I have visited the PWI calculator, and this is my gear at this moment in game:

ExELFine's (Lev 87 Cleric) actual gear

I'm taking good note of your comments and suggestions and will try them on same calculator to test them. Minor problem is the item names are different, their pictures help a lot, so I guess I will have to visit the Forges to get a good idea of their translation.

I'm not sure I want to be all TT-geared at 90, I wonder if some Legendary, Lunar or even OHT items are preferable to TT ones.

b:thanks
    Crafting:
  • Kawakami - Dreamweaver
    Kawakami - Dreamweaver Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Thank you all for your questions and comments. In order to answer some, I have visited the PWI calculator, and this is my gear at this moment in game:

I'm taking good note of your comments and suggestions and will try them on same calculator to test them. Minor problem is the item names are different, their pictures help a lot, so I guess I will have to visit the Forges to get a good idea of their translation.

I'm not sure I want to be all TT-geared at 90, I wonder if some Legendary, Lunar or even OHT items are preferable to TT ones.

b:thanks

I noticed in your first two pictures that your ungeared stats were buffed, and your geared weren't. You might want to change that :P Also, I would try to even up your elemental resistances since you give wizards quite the advantage with lower fire and earth res.
    Few people make mistakes with fire after being once burned, of people who regard water lightly many have been drowned - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
    edited December 2009
    Get rid of that **** belt. Wear a physical def one. The sundown belt (level 80 OHT belt) refined to +2 gives iirc about 260 def + magic def and hp. The tauren cape is terribly overrated for robes, the stats are pure ****. I would rather sell that for a few million and get a good +hp cape (I got a 3* cape with about +600hp including shards/refines for 5m). Get rid of that crappy hat as well, dont know why you would put 3x flawless shards in a white named item. Those dodge rate boots dont help either.

When you do change those items, look for +hp/vit/p.def in the stats and shard them all for phy.def except 1-2 items. Also, refining the sky demon pearl would help as it can last quite a long time.
  • Sir_Martin - Lost City
    Sir_Martin - Lost City Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    >.> What kind of Abomination is that seriously you have like no hp even with citrine shards on your gears b:shocked A FAC class cleric should still have a cap of 50 vit. You should of sharded your gears with Garnets instead of Citrines so you can make it up with in phy and be able to take a freaking hit from barbs and bms. 800 phy wtf you are definite a one shot to most bms and barbs that are around the same lvl as you. Wizards will one shot you with BladeTempest being lvl 1 >.>
    [SIGPIC]8x Epic Cleric =P[/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    @ Kawakami:

Hmm... yes, I need to tweak somehow for a clearer picture. I was still buffed from previous grinding near 1K and only realized afterwards. As for the elementals, I also have a change of boots somewhere :)

@ LloyAsplund:

- belt: this one from a recent quest, I kept the previous one in my inventory tho, I should have posted it as well.

- Tauren Cape: this was a mold I recently dropped in bh69 and tho it's not what it should be, it's way better than what I had previously.

- Hat & Boots: I totally agree but was waiting for lev 90 gear to change them.

I'm also planning on crafting better rings as well.

Thanks, your input is appreciated.
    Crafting:
    edited December 2009
    >.> What kind of Abomination is that seriously you have like no hp even with citrine shards on your gears b:shocked A FAC class cleric should still have a cap of 50 vit. You should of sharded your gears with Garnets instead of Citrines so you can make it up with in phy and be able to take a freaking hit from barbs and bms. 800 phy wtf you are definite a one shot to most bms and barbs that are around the same lvl as you. Wizards will one shot you with BladeTempest being lvl 1 >.>

Lol @ abomination.

The idea with being full MAG is to get bosses and mobs die halfway coming at me. This is where stuns/debuffs, buffs are so precious. Heals are also stronger.

The VIT can be added with shards and bonuses on gear.

As for PvP, the strategy used by a FAC makes it possible to stay alive while dealing as much damage as possible, even to a squishy wizard b:chuckle

Thanks for your opinion tho.
    Crafting:
    edited December 2009
    Sorry, but ExELFine, can you explain to me what a "FAC" is? As in, whats the difference between a FAC and a regular ol' cleric?
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Sorry, but ExELFine, can you explain to me what a "FAC" is? As in, whats the difference between a FAC and a regular ol' cleric?

iirc FACs do not level their resurrection, party buffs and most of their heals (I think most level their Ironheart?), instead focusing on attack and debuffs. Build tends to be pure mag.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • Shadowx - Dreamweaver
    Shadowx - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2009

As for PvP, the strategy used by a FAC makes it possible to stay alive while dealing as much damage as possible, even to a squishy wizard b:chuckle

Discounting duels, what kind of pvp do you do where you can deal a lot of damage before dying, especially against a wiz which seals faster you can sleep?
  • Sir_Martin - Lost City
    Sir_Martin - Lost City Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Lol @ abomination.

The idea with being full MAG is to get bosses and mobs die halfway coming at me. This is where stuns/debuffs, buffs are so precious. Heals are also stronger.

The VIT can be added with shards and bonuses on gear.

Thanks for your opinion tho.

I know what the point of a FAC but we also have to take to account how different PvP is from a actual PvP Server and a PvE, since most of the builds in PvE are just survivability with a fairly decent amount of damage dealing. You are welcome to come try that in a actual PvP server.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]8x Epic Cleric =P[/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Next time, just click the flag on the far right for PWI names. Should save you some time and confusion.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    K only now it struck me....your reeeeaaallly have low p.def and HP X_X
    Sry but that more dmg wont help you vs bm's endless stun cycle or barbs or archers or wizzies >__>!

As said add much more p.def b:shocked if you ever plan to PvP
    b:dirty
  • FortyThousan - Harshlands
    FortyThousan - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    50 base str isn't bad at all. I Beleive HH90 gear/wep need 49 str to use? So you're 1 to high but its not that bad. The Dex needs a fix but its not totally essential. 5 points isn't as good as you think it is. HP is a little low if you shard Citrine. Pdef is really low. I hope you have Pdef Neck and belt at 90
    edited December 2009

Don't worry about it, Lloyd, FAC (full attack cleric) is a disease whereas FSC (full support cleric) is considered healthy.

We, FAC's, like to describe ourselves as fighters who heal, as opposed to FSC's who prefer to enslave themselves to their squaddies in order to keep them alive at all cost, foregoing any fun, credit and drops in any instance, moreover accepting all kinds of abuse whether verbal or otherwise when some foolish squaddie dies.

Does a cleric have BB? Then they must have maxed rez. But then do their genie have Holy Path? so that unless the whole squad can rush thru TT's right up to the boss and if cleric dies, he/she's a failure. Is it fun? Not in the least.

A FAC reveals itself in the playstyle and in the choice of skills (at low levels) but at near 90, all skills being equal, the FAC will choose the offensive style as opposed to the more submissive FSC.

Only when a FAC finds a real good team will they join and accept the team support role because then the dynamics changes, everyone knows what they're doing.

As of late, with oracle-babies making it from 0 to 70 in only 2 weeks, it only gets scarier as to how well anyone can play their character.

And to think that the Tideborns are coming out in a few hours... how many will level on oracles?

All of a sudden, the FAC becomes so much more attractive :)
    Crafting:
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Don't worry about it, Lloyd, FAC (full attack cleric) is a disease whereas FSC (full support cleric) is considered healthy.

We, FAC's, like to describe ourselves as fighters who heal, as opposed to FSC's who prefer to enslave themselves to their squaddies in order to keep them alive at all cost, foregoing any fun, credit and drops in any instance, moreover accepting all kinds of abuse whether verbal or otherwise when some foolish squaddie dies.

Does a cleric have BB? Then they must have maxed rez. But then do their genie have Holy Path? so that unless the whole squad can rush thru TT's right up to the boss and if cleric dies, he/she's a failure. Is it fun? Not in the least.

A FAC reveals itself in the playstyle and in the choice of skills (at low levels) but at near 90, all skills being equal, the FAC will choose the offensive style as opposed to the more submissive FSC.

Only when a FAC finds a real good team will they join and accept the team support role because then the dynamics changes, everyone knows what they're doing.

As of late, with oracle-babies making it from 0 to 70 in only 2 weeks, it only gets scarier as to how well anyone can play their character.

And to think that the Tideborns are coming out in a few hours... how many will level on oracles?

All of a sudden, the FAC becomes so much more attractive :)

Why do you care enough about support clerics to flame their idea of fun? IMO it's fun to know that you're responsible for the squad, and in many instances it's not merely IH, IH, IH, IH. Every post I've seen from you generalizes and flames clerics who prefer support over attack by calling them "enslaved" and "submissive". You made your decision, they made theirs. Why are you so angry and rude about it? Just let them live with their choices like you want to be left alone with yours. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
    edited December 2009
    Just out of interest, as we are defining clerics here apparently - what name would you give a cleric who has a full magic build, can attack as well as any FAC, and also support as well as any FSC?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    @FatherTed

call him Paramedic
    rly ppl stop confusing - FAC is not 'bout build, but 'bout gamestyle
    lmao, otherwise i shoul be FAC (30 base vit) and i always called myself FS

there are FSC with pure build and also with 100 vit
    there are pure build FAC and also those with vit for pk-purposes

FAC, FSC is 'bout how skill-tree looks like and bout how guy wanna play the game

and there is no point talkin bout this - at some lvl all clerics turn into ASC anyway (unless someone just simply save up on sp)

@ExELFine

and FSC arent slaves, they are bosses in squad b:cool

edited December 2009
    rly ppl stop confusing - FAC is not 'bout build, but 'bout gamestyle
    lmao,

That was the point I was trying to make in a round about way b:quiet

Dare I ask what ASC stands for?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]