I have 3000 oracles ready for the new classes

Specialmats - Heavens Tear
Specialmats - Heavens Tear Posts: 140 Arc User
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
I'm gonna make an assassin.

Just wondering how many people have the same idea I do.
[your signature has been removed, please contact an admin for more information]
Post edited by Specialmats - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Alacol - Sanctuary
    Alacol - Sanctuary Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Oh man..

I don't intend on Oracling up my sin, seems pretty lazy if you ask me. But I guess if you've got the money, it's your choice. I fail to see what's so hard about leveling up the character regularly. I understand if you run out of quests, using an oracle or two, to finish up a level.. But to use only Oracles to get your levels.. Well, to each his own.

/Inb4flame
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Switching over to Dreamweaver. See you Dreamweavers soon.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Meh me going to camp the spots for a few days after the expansion comes out.
    and so far all me research says it be perfectly okie to do so.
    d(^.-d)

Oracle = optional quest.
    Dying idiot = stupid for coming back where they know me am at.
    Dying idiot's main = added fun.
    d(^.-d)

Dying = me doing a service by making them play the game.
    Muhahahahaha~
    Thats right you has to enjoy it!
    (>.<)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I have several thousand Tokens, ready to be converted to Oracles, ready to be sold for outrageous prices. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • PartyAnimal - Harshlands
    PartyAnimal - Harshlands Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited December 2009

http://instantrimshot.com/
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2009

er...self choice pretty much but uh....

youll end up being a lv90 or so assassin with a mindset and play style of a lv40 one :/

I kinda want to use oracles too... but i dont want pple to see me grinding there for so long, cause id have the label oracle noob.... which pretty much means you dont know how to play your class.... Same as school...they teach you using years and years cause unless your a genius, you wont learn what you need to learn in a couple of weeks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Leveling to 80+ with your tideborn...
    you're lucky you can't de-level after you die.b:chuckle
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited December 2009
    What's wrong with leveling like that? Not like you'll never ever learn anything once you reach 90. Any who thinks that way is more of a noob imo.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    volst wrote: »
    What's wrong with leveling like that? Not like you'll never ever learn anything once you reach 90. Any who thinks that way is more of a noob imo.

sage/demon skills come into effect at 90. You kinda have to redo the way you do things by building on what you used those skills for in the past.
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    why use oracles tho thats what i dont understand surely its go to be more fun learning the in's and out's of ur class rather than just buy them and be worse with them than someone who leveled properly.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Some learn, some don't. Because some think that once they've reached high levels, they know everything, and end up making entire squads fail.

Personally enjoy playing the game than leveling my char via oracles.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • Asurr - Heavens Tear
    Asurr - Heavens Tear Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    why use oracles tho thats what i dont understand surely its go to be more fun learning the in's and out's of ur class rather than just buy them and be worse with them than someone who leveled properly.

because they want to, simple as that. let them get to there lvls however they see fit. why u guys even worry about ppl who lvl up this way if u say they will be bad/worst off in the end cuz they dont know there class? it doesnt affect u and less competition so i dont see why its a problem for the ppl who dont oracle.
    edited December 2009
    because they want to, simple as that. let them get to there lvls however they see fit. why u guys even worry about ppl who lvl up this way if u say they will be bad/worst off in the end cuz they dont know there class? it doesnt affect u and less competition so i dont see why its a problem for the ppl who dont oracle.

Meh, we just like stating the obvious.
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
    edited December 2009

someone obviously hasnt worked with oracle noobs much, when ur in a BH and another cleric asks what skill would be best your a key member down n ive even had a barb pm me and ask whats the best way to keep agro thats an oracle noob that but thier levels and havnt got a damn clue what to do and all they do is **** up it for everyone else who has the misfortune of squadding with them, any assasin's or physics i get in my BH, FF, TT for the first month maybe 2 will just be kicked.

edited December 2009

simple....
    we don't want to be teh squad stuck with a fail class......
    b:surrender
    b:sweat
    1 party wipe = about 400k+ net exp loss.....
    even with level 10 res me still lose 0.2% which is about 77k
    and if the other 4 (not counting the fail class) lose the same amount thats about 400k exp....

.......and thats at level 80...
    don't want to imagine how much you lose at 90+
    and.....even worse...if you can't get a cleric to res you.
    D:
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Specialmats - Heavens Tear
    Specialmats - Heavens Tear Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i think its a misconception that people that spend time leveling from the start are better players.

For example, before i played smash brothers brawl, all i did was watch videos of people playing snake in tournaments for a couple days. I was able to pick up all the advanced tactics/glitches that they developed in a fraction of the time.

So it takes me 1 or 2 weeks to get to 90 so all those other assassins have 2 weeks more experience than me. big deal.

If you are a good player, you are a good player.
    [your signature has been removed, please contact an admin for more information]
    edited December 2009
    u cant be good at a class u have never played properly :\

EDIT: have u sat and watched people play the assasin on PWI?

• Esteban - Dreamweaver
    Esteban - Dreamweaver Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Then don't invite any lvl 80 tideborn 2 weeks after the expansion is set.. They will be obviously oracled and you won't have to deal with them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    basically lvl up the way you want, just dont involve others(us) if the failed action is based on inexperience of using oracles as opposed to quests, grinding, and BHs (yes u actually learn some things in BHs, woe to the ones that dont...)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited December 2009
    i think its a misconception that people that spend time leveling from the start are better players.

For example, before i played smash brothers brawl, all i did was watch videos of people playing snake in tournaments for a couple days. I was able to pick up all the advanced tactics/glitches that they developed in a fraction of the time.

So it takes me 1 or 2 weeks to get to 90 so all those other assassins have 2 weeks more experience than me. big deal.

Me actually agree with that....there be only so much smacking a mob can teach you....and me figure people like SpecialMats already have an idea of what to do as they already have played as a high level for a while now. etc etc.
    (^.^)'
    still me would rather not risk it.
    and besides if they be smart and determined enough, me sure they will find ways around me path of death.
    d(^.-d)
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Not me. I'm going to level the normal way....questing and grinding if it includes questing. b:victory
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
    edited December 2009
    Not me. I'm going to level a more natural yet hardcore way....questing and grinding if it includes questing. b:victory

finally someone who appreciates the best bits of the game b:chuckle.

edited December 2009

That's like saying people that don't spend time practicing basketball are better than or just as good those that do.

And that's watching others (Pros basically) do it. If it's a new class, who are you going to watch? Pros or another oracle guy?

oh just forget it. No more typing for me. I'm playing.
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    finally someone who appreciates the best bits of the game b:chuckle.

Although my veno is a multi-multi-multi-millionaire so I can pass lots of delicious coin though. b:sin
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
    edited December 2009
    That's like saying people that don't spend time practicing basketball are better than or just as good those that do.

And that's watching others (Pros basically) do it. If it's a new class, who are you going to watch? Pros or another oracle guy?

me think your analogy be a bit off....
    whos better? guy practicing basketball everyday or....hamster who buys a mechanized laser guided basketball playing robot?
    ya.....human stands no chance.....

well the cash shopper obviously can afford gear easily and better gear (depending on how much he/she cash shops).....reaches a higher level faster....thus more time to learn while other guy is busy leveling up....

seriously...what low level squading teaches be only...basic courtesy....(i.e: it's not nice to....go suicidal thus causing teh death of everyone else....)
    takes about 2 minutes to learn although most take a few hours to learn...

The only problem is....if said cash shopper doesn't bother to learn basic stuff such as....This skill will GG Pwn your squad if you keep spamming it.....and then goes off spamming said uber skill...

seriously~~
    if you already has a high level main and can afford to send some coins/oracles to your new alt....me are okie with it...you already have a pretty good idea of what not to do. xD
    but me still going to camp oracle spots to prevent the noob kind of oracle users from appearing at high levels.
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    Although my veno is a multi-multi-multi-millionaire so I can pass lots of delicious coin though. b:sin

if she is a multi-multi-multi-millionaire u can share the wealth b:chuckle dammit why havnt they made trading between servers possible b:surrender

• DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Though I don't quite agree with leveling solely with oracles, oracles don't make a player bad. Neither does doing the same thing over and over again make a player bad. Player skill and player knowledge are much more of a factor than oracles. I've squaded with fail venos, barbs, clerics, archers, wizzies, and BMs who have never touched an oracle, and vice versa. My wizzy on a private server never need help for any of culti 89 and 99 (aside from the FBs, but even then, it was just me and an archer), and the 89 was with NPC armor (and no charm). How? By reading the forums, and talking non-stop to my wizzy friends.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
    edited December 2009
    me think your analogy be a bit off....
    whos better? guy practicing basketball everyday or....hamster who buys a mechanized laser guided basketball playing robot?
    ya.....human stands no chance.....

well the cash shopper obviously can afford gear easily and better gear (depending on how much he/she cash shops).....reaches a higher level faster....thus more time to learn while other guy is busy leveling up....

seriously...what low level squading teaches be only...basic courtesy....(i.e: it's not nice to....go suicidal thus causing teh death of everyone else....)
    takes about 2 minutes to learn although most take a few hours to learn...

The only problem is....if said cash shopper doesn't bother to learn basic stuff such as....This skill will GG Pwn your squad if you keep spamming it.....and then goes off spamming said uber skill...

seriously~~
    if you already has a high level main and can afford to send some coins/oracles to your new alt....me are okie with it...you already have a pretty good idea of what not to do. xD
    but me still going to camp oracle spots to prevent the noob kind of oracle users from appearing at high levels.

I just prefer to learn all there is in a game. And it's seriously waste of money in my opinion. Lol and you think my analogy is off. But it's just my view. I don't care unless I'm paired with them. And it doesn't take 2 minutes if you are trying something new like with my build. No one else has it and I learn everyday when I play/Grind/TT/etc. ^^ And with leveling comes skills that you can practice. Putting up the best macros and such.. seeing how much damage you do... see what you can do with crits (I crited 8k with magic @.@ beforz and my magic sux). To sum it up, I like seeing my progress.
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • Venosrfox - Heavens Tear
    Venosrfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    there is realy no point of new classes comin out because u already have ur character to a high lvl and u wont change
    edited December 2009
    Though I don't quite agree with leveling solely with oracles, oracles don't make a player bad. Neither does doing the same thing over and over again make a player bad. Player skill and player knowledge are much more of a factor than oracles. I've squaded with fail venos, barbs, clerics, archers, wizzies, and BMs who have never touched an oracle, and vice versa. My wizzy on a private server never need help for any of culti 89 and 99 (aside from the FBs, but even then, it was just me and an archer), and the 89 was with NPC armor (and no charm). How? By reading the forums, and talking non-stop to my wizzy friends.

yes but this is a new class there are no assasin friends to talk to b:sad everyone gotta do it mainly by themselves and wont do that killing the same monster all day everyday. you gotta learn the basics, squad role, strengths/weaknesses of your char, your skills, the best build for all that **** u wont learn standing at the Wicked Pirate or another oracle mob.

• Shiga - Sanctuary
    Shiga - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    From what I have seen with Oracle noobs and other people who use similar tactics in other games, is not so much that you can't learn your class at level 90, or that grinding 50x as much helps you learn the basics of the class (like that DD's should stop attacking when they get aggro), the primary concern is that there seems to be a strong correlation between those that don't want to level up, and those that don't want to learn how to play. And since the game will punish you pretty badly for not knowing how to play at the higher levels, the high level crowd will avoid those that are likely not good at their class.
This discussion has been closed.