Stats for 70 Axe BM?

Options
The_Mexican - Dreamweaver
The_Mexican - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Blademaster
Can anyone advise me on what the stats should be for a lvl 70 axe using BM? I have 62 vit, 3 mag, 40 dex, 281 str. Is this a pretty good build so far?
Post edited by The_Mexican - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Mcflugal - Lost City
    Mcflugal - Lost City Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Personally to me. Axe BM's are just a wanna be barb. Shoulda went a different tree.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Call 'em "Sins"..."****" just sounds wrong.
    "Hey mom just 5 more minutes im playing with my ****"
  • The_Mexican - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Personally to me. Axe BM's are just a wanna be barb. Shoulda went a different tree.

They're nothing at all like a barb, wtf are you talking about. Barbs have high vit, Im pretty sure getting alot of vit isnt part of being an axe BM. Barbs deal the lowest damage out of everybody, axes have the best chance for dealing the highest possible damage for a BM. You could compare a BM that has alot of vit to a barb, but I really dont think I have that much for my level.
  • Kedth - Sanctuary
    Kedth - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    281 STR at lvl 70 o.O

That is 4str per lvl... why? want to use 4 axes at the same time?

You have a low dex and a dangerously low vit for a pure Axe BM... basically you are going pure str... which i dont see as a advisable build.

Not a fan of low dex builds, but low dex and low vit? Even worse... so not only you are going to be missing but u wont have a good HP to defend yourself against it (yeah yeah apo powder for acc... want to be using it all day? plus, with that low base acc is pointless).

The str needed on 7x for axes is 212, for 8x is 242, for 9x is 272 and being 299 at 99... So i strongly advise you to put something on VIT if you are going pure Axe (not going to tell you how much that build is limited but meh, your BM).

Base Axe build is 6str/3vit/1dex each 2 lvls... that should put you with a base stats of 212/109/40/5. As you can see you are way off.

The only advantage of a pure axe build is having a high rate of survival against many many mobs or magic. You are basically weakening youself capping your VIT at 60.

That non added VIT could be well used on Dex to be able to open other weapon paths, instead of that you add it to str... for damage purposes of course.

The higher on lvl you go, the more are you going to miss DEX (to hit something) or VIT to handle the hits you take because of 2 things... misses and low DPS 1vs1.

So if you ask me... 6str/3vit/1dex for axe... and dont look back (and you better restat on 9x for some dex because...)

Take care out there b:bye

(Edit) PS: Btw, i had to say this (tried not to really... i swear it XD) ... BMs don't have Blooth Bath as barbs do... they can afford to go pure STR/VIT, its a good build for THEM. We BMs don't have that skill... so do yourself a favour... add some dex. Don't be a barb wanna be.
  • Magical_Orgy - Lost City
    Magical_Orgy - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    My bm is 30 vit 205 str 125 dex 5 mage
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    ROFL you have 9 more STR than I do. b:laugh

I'm not sure how well pure STR is going to work out for you. Don't turn on pk mode.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I dont know what you guys mean about having way too much str, I mean, more str=higher hits! Seriously, whats the problem with having such high str? Yes I probably will get some more in dex, but I really dont see too much use for it. I'll probably get owned by archers if I dont have enough but thats about it. My vit, do I really need 105 vit at my lvl?!?! Thats crazy, I value hitting higher hits over more health, ever heard of health pots? As I believe there's no such thing as a pot you can drink to quickly increase how high you hit. I dont really have a point system, I usually put like 4 in str and 1 in vit nowadays. I hit very high and I like it.
    edited December 2009
    Options
    If you are fine with your build, why ask here then? You'll miss on BM's your level and I'm guessing you'll hit 1 in 4 against lvl 70 archer. You might be fine if you don't PvP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kedth - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Then, as Divine said, don't ask. You like it? Go for it. Don't you ever go on PvP mode ever tho. High hits mean nothing without VIT and DEX (pots? yeah right). Did i mention yet your non-existent crit?

b:bye

Edit: Im doing wq so im going to explain myself a bit more...

You are basically making yourself vulnerable the 2 ways a BM can be vulnerable.

Dex build BM: They don't have a high HP, so they are less efective against magic users (especially TW). This is solved with a good refine and sharding in your gear. You are going to be the nightmare of any dex based char tho, aka archer (and assassin in the future). Ask around, they hate facing dex type BMs.

VIT build BM: Their low dex doesnt allow them 2 things. Be good against dex type chars (Apo pots and amber shards help a bit) and being able to use another weapon path that is not Axes (fail imo). They are tough against magic and harder to kill in TW.

With a pure str build.... yes, it has been tested, you are going to have the disadvantages the 2 builds have. So weak in PvP with low HP and a low accuracy. So the extra damage you gain with such a high str is not worth it. And btw, pure axe means u can't tank **** in a squad with DDs either... and that is PvE. Forgot to tell earlier.
  • Zelinity - Lost City
    Zelinity - Lost City Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Im 81 and my stats for axe bm are...

with items
    Vit - 113
    Str - 264
    Dex - 95
    Mag - 12

without items
    Vit - 67
    Str - 254
    Dex - 92
    Mag - 7 b:shocked b:surrender

yea idk what i was thinking when i was noob and put into mag lol dont laugh b:cry

but I think im a pretty decent bm, i dont often miss a archer... <3 2 misty rings :) I never followed a guide either, just added what i felt like adding :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And when you turn you around, you see yourself on the ground.
    And for the first time, no one cares just who you really are.
  • Kedth - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Yeah, thats a decent dex, and with those 2 mistys you should do fine against archers. Balanced build with your gear on. Good job.

Psh, don't worry... you are not the first one to add Mag being a noob... i added even more lol Not telling how much more tho b:chuckle
  • Zelinity - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    You also dont really need that much dex even a little less wont hurt, I was a sword bm until lvl 70 when i got calamities in my fb, so i bought reset note and switched :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    If you are fine with your build, why ask here then?

QFT

It seems like the only reason you even posted is to get some "zomg ur statz r awesum, how did u do eeet?!!1" responses.

BM build vary wildly. Some swear by dex, some like high str, some swear by adding lots of vit.... you know why? Because some BM's love to hit fast and on target and have a toolbox of weapons at their disposal.....some BM's love to whack off huge chunks of crazy damage.....some BM's like to be unkillable brick walls with massive HP....and some like to be a mix of the above.

So basically it all comes down to preference, that's what makes BM a fun class, versatility. Make your BM how YOU want it...and make it work well. Lets face it, as long as you have basic weapon req's and don't add magic you're fine stat-wise. What really matters is your skill and how you put your stat choices to your advantage.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    lvl 73 all weapon bm

219 str

180 dex

27 vit

3 maq

thats all gear in account

with my calams on 4.2k hp unbuffed

thanks to split armor 8k and 6k phys and maq resists on command with bell and marrows

i have backup tanked almost every tt boss up to drummer in 1-3 (2-2 wur is death for me thoughb:shocked)

how? myriad + cancles + chi wich you have no acess to due to lack of dex

due to a higher crit % and my acess to the fist path i can outdamage you in spike or in DPS so your build fails there to

restat...go with a spear axe build if you must but be able to use at LEAST 2 weapons or you'll be gimped at endgame

or go roll a barb (bm's need dex str and a little vit from gears barbs just need str and vit) you seem to favor that more
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Rofl. Got to love the "your build failz cause I can do so and so better than u".

Just since you had to come out with that and I'm a pure vit build (almost opposite of yours). I don't believe my build is "the best" by any means, but it's fun and I love it, it has advantages and is far from fail. Anyway...moving on.
    i have backup tanked almost every tt boss up to drummer in 1-3 (2-2 wur is death for me though)
    even wurlord isn't death to a high hp build. Even uncharmed, dropping ToP/Pots and timing a spark can hold long enough to res the barb. Charmed you can hold a lot of bosses indefinitely.
    thanks to split armor 8k and 6k phys and maq resists on command with bell and marrows

Squishy and squishy tbh
    how? myriad + cancles + chi wich you have no acess to due to lack of dex

lol.
    Doesn't take much dex to keep a nub low level sword and fist handy. Myraid and shadowless still do the exact same thing regardless of attack power.
    restat...

or go roll a barb

Or....you could play your character how you like. You're basically claiming your build is the only build a BM will be any good at all with. You'd be surprised.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    no im fail lol, horribly so (lol bm wearin peices of lab:chuckle) im simply stating that from an objective and mathmatical point of veiw higher crit rate = higher chance of chained zerks crits and zerk crits = more damage than his build will ever do

just pointing out that his build realy does fail on almost every level i simply chose not to say it nicely as a few of the above posters did

also....through what magical powers with this vit axe bm aquire aggro from this boss so that they may tank it? also *points at level* no a vit cannot hold 2-2 wur at this level indefinitly due to the fact that wur's spell/phys combo will hit for 4-5k under myriad or BB now fully buffed at my level 7k is a rather large amount but is possiball....that still cant hold for more that a 30 second time frame with only BB and self heals

1st spell (0 seconds) tank it ToP and pot

2nd spell (10 seconds) tank it 2nd wind apoth item

3rd spell (20 seconds) 2x spark pot

4th spell (30 seconds) dead but barb is probobly rezzed by now so well done

yes your really really good at stayin alive...but unless you stick alpha male on a geni your not getting aggro till every other DD and veno pet has died

yes the debuffs/cancles work with lower grade weapons but i have yet to see a monoaxe/sword/pole/fist bm smart enough to carry other weapons

again im a squishy fail bm lol but its not terribly hard to stat a bit of dex branch out to poles and be 2x as good

and i really do think the OP would be happier as a barb

pure vit = 2k more hp than pure dex at endgame

refine and shard rates in consideration....thats not a terribly significant amount

im addressing the OP with this and my above post not Zelinity...just to avoid any confusionb:surrender
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Soujiro_Z - Sanctuary
    Soujiro_Z - Sanctuary Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    no im fail lol, horribly so (lol bm wearin peices of lab:chuckle) im simply stating that from an objective and mathmatical point of veiw higher crit rate = higher chance of chained zerks crits and zerk crits = more damage than his build will ever do

just pointing out that his build realy does fail on almost every level i simply chose not to say it nicely as a few of the above posters did

also....through what magical powers with this vit axe bm aquire aggro from this boss so that they may tank it? also *points at level* no a vit cannot hold 2-2 wur at this level indefinitly due to the fact that wur's spell/phys combo will hit for 4-5k under myriad or BB now fully buffed at my level 7k is a rather large amount but is possiball....that still cant hold for more that a 30 second time frame with only BB and self heals

1st spell (0 seconds) tank it ToP and pot

2nd spell (10 seconds) tank it 2nd wind apoth item

3rd spell (20 seconds) 2x spark pot

4th spell (30 seconds) dead but barb is probobly rezzed by now so well done

yes your really really good at stayin alive...but unless you stick alpha male on a geni your not getting aggro till every other DD and veno pet has died

yes the debuffs/cancles work with lower grade weapons but i have yet to see a monoaxe/sword/pole/fist bm smart enough to carry other weapons

again im a squishy fail bm lol but its not terribly hard to stat a bit of dex branch out to poles and be 2x as good

and i really do think the OP would be happier as a barb

pure vit = 2k more hp than pure dex at endgame

refine and shard rates in consideration....thats not a terribly significant amount

im addressing the OP with this and my above post not Zelinity...just to avoid any confusionb:surrender

so..........are u planing to stay 7X?? come on! start lvling i wanna duel u!

QQ
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]
  • Kedth - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I wanna see!! *grabs popcorn*

b:chuckle
  • Soujiro_Z - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    ....it seems like most of the good bms in sanctuary are 9X <.<....i not going to pk till lvl 90 so b:surrender im getting bored b:cry
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Ok, so I won't be able to kill an archer but my "non-existant" crit, when it does happen, I hit higher than a person who has had 5 small crits already. And I post on here not just to completely say no to whatever you guys tell me, I take it into consideration and question why it would be a good idea. So, I still think relativley low vit (I actually only have 51 less vit than Zelinity, a BM 11 lvls ahead of me, I could get to that if I put almost all my points in vit until 81) is better, but maybe I should add some good citrine shards to my equipment from now on? Are they worth it?
  • Kedth - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Hey look, its your BM after all. Like it? Sweet, go and kickass.

Im going to tell u something about my small crits tho... dropping 75% of a robe's HP without Amp is not a small crit if u ask me XD. And i crit way more often that a low dex build. Works for me.

And yes, citrines are your friend. Totally worth it. Don't go immacs in 7x or 8x tho... you won't be using those armors that long. Save for 9x shards. You can go crazy there.

Citrines = BMs best friend b:chuckle
  • Zelinity - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I got flawless citrine in most of my armor and in total without barb buff I got 5486 hp
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • D_warrior - Lost City
    D_warrior - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    im not a pure vit build but at lvl 66 i hav 4.3k unbuffed nd im pritty happy with that atm.
    think i hav 77 base vit but might b takin a it of that off or else just not addint anymore ( in college atm so cant check )

and yesterday i was able to kill a lvl 83+ robe wizard.. multiple times xD
    Usin axe at the moment but as i am thinkin of restation im think of takin alot of vit off and goin Axe / pole / Sword combo or just Axe / pole .. somthing to do more damage to a single target would be helpful aswell as the range of pole for any1 tryin to kite
    edited December 2009
    Options
    but my "non-existant" crit, when it does happen, I hit higher than a person who has had 5 small crits already.

Not really. If you are using the same weapon, to hit as hard as 5 crits or 10 hits in 1 crit or 2 hits, you'll need to hit 5 times as hard as the other BM, which is impossible no matter how many STR you have if you two are the same level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Soujiro_Z - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i dont know about your servers guys but in my server immaculates are just a waster of money...so MEX do not use immaculates

1 immaculate is arround 2 - 2.5 mil = 50hp

1 flawless is arround 2.1 - 2.5 K = 40hp

at 90 if u have all ur gear with 4 sockets you will have maybe 200 - 400 hp more than me (im going to use flawless) and you will spend 20mil in shards....doesnt worth it
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]
  • Kedth - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Mhhh... what did you do during the event Sou? b:chuckle

I farmed to shard my stuff u can bet i did.

Immacs were around 1 mil. Now shards doubled price and yeah, it hurts.

Flawless are around 400K in Sanc atm btw. 2.5K?? i hope thats a typo and u meant 250K (that was during the event again).

So to me was totally worth it XP.
  • Soujiro_Z - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Mhhh... what did you do during the event Sou? b:chuckle

I farmed to shard my stuff u can bet i did.

Immacs were around 1 mil. Now shards doubled price and yeah, it hurts.

Flawless are around 400K in Sanc atm btw. 2.5K?? i hope thats a typo and u meant 250K (that was during the event again).

So to me was totally worth it XP.

lol typo yeah 250Ks i still can get them for that price tho...i dont buy shards in AH...about the event...>.> b:cry
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]
  • estranho
    estranho Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I dont know what you guys mean about having way too much str, I mean, more str=higher hits! Seriously, whats the problem with having such high str? Yes I probably will get some more in dex, but I really dont see too much use for it. I'll probably get owned by archers if I dont have enough but thats about it. My vit, do I really need 105 vit at my lvl?!?! Thats crazy, I value hitting higher hits over more health, ever heard of health pots? As I believe there's no such thing as a pot you can drink to quickly increase how high you hit. I dont really have a point system, I usually put like 4 in str and 1 in vit nowadays. I hit very high and I like it.

healt pots wont do you any good if u get 1 shoted ... b:shutup

and the dex u dont see any use for, lets u crit a lot... sure archers cant crit more but they dont have much vit, so unlesse they 1 shot u, they better start running fot hey lifes...
  • Starchief - Sanctuary
    Starchief - Sanctuary Posts: 606 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    A good BM should have enough dex for his lvl fists and enough strength for his lvl axes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • maocchi
    maocchi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    As your fellow BM, you are the kind of BM I love fighting--barely get hit, don't even need to stunlock, and can kill without even sweating.

No offense.
  • Creed_ - Lost City
    Creed_ - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

WRONG! b:shocked
    Am i a panda?b:surrender