Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Creed's on a necro streak.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Creed_ - Lost City
    Creed_ - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    If you are fine with your build, why ask here then? You'll miss on BM's your level and I'm guessing you'll hit 1 in 4 against lvl 70 archer. You might be fine if you don't PvP.

Fist barbs hurt like hell i have seen it b:shocked its HORRIBLE fear them or become a victom ppl like(wereswaldo) i hope he dosent c thisb:shutup
    Am i a panda?b:surrender
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Fist barbs hurt like hell i have seen it b:shocked its HORRIBLE fear them or become a victom ppl like(wereswaldo) i hope he dosent c thisb:shutup
    What did... my post have to do with... fist Barbs?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Ok, so I won't be able to kill an archer but my "non-existant" crit, when it does happen, I hit higher than a person who has had 5 small crits already. And I post on here not just to completely say no to whatever you guys tell me, I take it into consideration and question why it would be a good idea. So, I still think relativley low vit (I actually only have 51 less vit than Zelinity, a BM 11 lvls ahead of me, I could get to that if I put almost all my points in vit until 81) is better, but maybe I should add some good citrine shards to my equipment from now on? Are they worth it?

Show us the numbers before u talk BS.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    troll fish is trolling ...badly
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Show us the numbers before u talk BS.

He's using personal perception as opposed to rational things: like reality. His damage being higher than 5 of some other crits is **** - tastically terrible in the magnificence of its complete and utter ignorance. Or to sum it up:

If the person doesn't know the damage formula, any comparison they make is likely as useless as their opinion. As such, we should ignore it outside of its innate amusement value. So just remember to point and laugh at them, maybe toss off a 'look at that guy', and that's about it.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Lucifer - Dreamweaver
    Lucifer - Dreamweaver Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    281 STR at lvl 70 o.O

That is 4str per lvl... why? want to use 4 axes at the same time?

You have a low dex and a dangerously low vit for a pure Axe BM... basically you are going pure str... which i dont see as a advisable build.

Not a fan of low dex builds, but low dex and low vit? Even worse... so not only you are going to be missing but u wont have a good HP to defend yourself against it (yeah yeah apo powder for acc... want to be using it all day? plus, with that low base acc is pointless).

The str needed on 7x for axes is 212, for 8x is 242, for 9x is 272 and being 299 at 99... So i strongly advise you to put something on VIT if you are going pure Axe (not going to tell you how much that build is limited but meh, your BM).

Base Axe build is 6str/3vit/1dex each 2 lvls... that should put you with a base stats of 212/109/40/5. As you can see you are way off.

The only advantage of a pure axe build is having a high rate of survival against many many mobs or magic. You are basically weakening youself capping your VIT at 60.

That non added VIT could be well used on Dex to be able to open other weapon paths, instead of that you add it to str... for damage purposes of course.

The higher on lvl you go, the more are you going to miss DEX (to hit something) or VIT to handle the hits you take because of 2 things... misses and low DPS 1vs1.

So if you ask me... 6str/3vit/1dex for axe... and dont look back (and you better restat on 9x for some dex because...)

Take care out there b:bye

(Edit) PS: Btw, i had to say this (tried not to really... i swear it XD) ... BMs don't have Blooth Bath as barbs do... they can afford to go pure STR/VIT, its a good build for THEM. We BMs don't have that skill... so do yourself a favour... add some dex. Don't be a barb wanna be.

If you know how to be an axe build you wont have a problem with Vit, the Axe build is 3str 1vit 1dex every lvl . I have 90Dex around 250str i THINK and 80Vit and i have about 5k HP, thats not bad for a BM, plus citrines and ur good to go, and in Gammas no one wants u UNLESS ur a Axe BM, noone needs swords,spears, or fists, cause the Axe BM has the Best AoE's, so ur acctually the most desired BM, and if not the best Build along with Fists
  • Lucifer - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Then, as Divine said, don't ask. You like it? Go for it. Don't you ever go on PvP mode ever tho. High hits mean nothing without VIT and DEX (pots? yeah right). Did i mention yet your non-existent crit?

b:bye

Edit: Im doing wq so im going to explain myself a bit more...

You are basically making yourself vulnerable the 2 ways a BM can be vulnerable.

Dex build BM: They don't have a high HP, so they are less efective against magic users (especially TW). This is solved with a good refine and sharding in your gear. You are going to be the nightmare of any dex based char tho, aka archer (and assassin in the future). Ask around, they hate facing dex type BMs.

VIT build BM: Their low dex doesnt allow them 2 things. Be good against dex type chars (Apo pots and amber shards help a bit) and being able to use another weapon path that is not Axes (fail imo). They are tough against magic and harder to kill in TW.

With a pure str build.... yes, it has been tested, you are going to have the disadvantages the 2 builds have. So weak in PvP with low HP and a low accuracy. So the extra damage you gain with such a high str is not worth it. And btw, pure axe means u can't tank **** in a squad with DDs either... and that is PvE. Forgot to tell earlier.

I have a similar build and i go in pk mode and WRECK BM's my level, and hitting Archers isnt much of a problem if u have alter marrow physical and Cloudsprint and Stun there ****, but i probably dont have to much of a problem because i have more dex...so add more to that
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    I have a similar build and i go in pk mode and WRECK BM's my level, and hitting Archers isnt much of a problem if u have alter marrow physical and Cloudsprint and Stun there ****, but i probably dont have to much of a problem because i have more dex...so add more to that

LMAO Alter Marrow Physical...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    LMAO Alter Marrow Physical...

And...

...he thinks he can hit an archer with 80 dex. Maybe 1 out of every 2-4 hits. lol
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Lucifer - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    well if u cant u must be a fail bm with 2 mistys and my 90 dex i hit archers about 2/3 times whitch is enough for me to kill an archer.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Facepalm at Phys marrow on an archer. =/

Kinda strange that nearly everyone between lv70-80 (especially high dex builds) believes they "wreck BM's their level or higher". It's like a weird 7x BM ego phenomenon. O_o

Each to their own anyway. Also in the same way vit builds are assumed "wannabe barbs" a high str BM is kinda like a "wannabe sin".

Also the "low dex builds only hit archers 1 in 10 hits" thing is a complete myth. It's more around 1 in 2 hits at the very worst. TE doesn't miss either and archers have just as tough a time killing charmed vit builds. High vit isn't meant for speed-kill anyway. It's a high survivability build that specializes in aoe's and keeping crowds immobilized in TW.
  • Motoko - Raging Tide
    Motoko - Raging Tide Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Don't use phys marrow in any type of PvP, vs any class, ever. Eventually you will run into someone who doesn't suck, and get ***** with magic dmg.

Theres also no reason to go over weapon req on str.. just put dex ffs. Maybe vit if you're on the poor side and can't refine/shard hp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This is the way the world ends
    Not with a bang but a whimper. - T. S. Eliot
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I've used it on sins, BM's and barbs in the odd duel (though I kinda hate duels). You just do a quick view on "player info" before the fight, have a brief browse through their genie skills and you're good to go.

But yeah, in mass PvP or even a surprise gank 1v1 when you don't have the luxury of being able to check gear, it's pretty much suicidal to use marrow.