The Immaturity of Farming

Options
DarkMix - Lost City
DarkMix - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
b:worriedi hate how people have to use pvp to get..."MATS!" I mean cmon, you get it fair and square and some immature dumbass has to kill you for a mat. I used to love farming mats when there was no problem at all now its like a fight for food or some ****. I hadn't noticed people get all pressed about getting one measily mat. If you are, you obviously are addicted to the game if your willing to go to lengths for a little piece of in-game material. If someone is getting a mat find another spot to farm. If your a pker and don't give a **** and would gladly pk, then congrats on killing someone because you can't do it yourself in real life. Stick to rpking some random noob at hidden orchid and leave the game fair.
PS. Yea i don't care if you think this post was a waste of time, I'm free to do whatever I want.
Post edited by DarkMix - Lost City on

Comments

• Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I kill people over mats. It's annoying as **** to dig mats to begin with, and its even more annoying when some nub digs what you're just about to dig.

I think the Heaven's Tear server is calling your name
  • DarkMix - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I have a alt in Heavens Tear anyway, getting mats for my Lost City Bm is a pain. Let the noob dig, who cares? your eventually gonna get the mat sooner or later.
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I have a alt in Heavens Tear anyway, getting mats for my Lost City Bm is a pain.

Digging mats, (especially mid mats) has always been a competitive thing to do. People get very ticked off when their um, digging path has been interrupted, i know someone who digs all the time. You got killed, OH EM GEE, go dig somewhere else or call a friend to help you.
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    Xeian - Dreamweaver Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I have a alt in Heavens Tear anyway, getting mats for my Lost City Bm is a pain. Let the noob dig, who cares? your eventually gonna get the mat sooner or later.
    use a veno for farming mats, sent the pet in to deal with the people trying to kill you. at the very least, it's a distraction lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkMix - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Digging mats, (especially mid mats) has always been a competitive thing to do. People get very ticked off when their um, digging path has been interrupted, i know someone who digs all the time. You got killed, OH EM GEE, go dig somewhere else or call a friend to help you.

Conflict leads to more conflict, the message im trying to explain is that you should be patient, its not like its the last mat on earth.
  • hemoglobin
    hemoglobin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I kill people over mats. It's annoying as **** to dig mats to begin with, and its even more annoying when some nub digs what you're just about to dig.

this is someone i have to watch out for xD
  • Kagusa - Sanctuary
    Kagusa - Sanctuary Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    so what? people always do annoying things to get mats even in PVE servers like there are 3 mobs around the mat , you start killing the mobs then at the middle of it some ****er comes and takes the mat
  • SaberArturia - Dreamweaver
    SaberArturia - Dreamweaver Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I've never had any problems with gathering materials. I'm smart in the way I choose where to gather. I would tell you how, but then how would any of you learn without doing anything yourself?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wizzy_wonka - Heavens Tear
    Wizzy_wonka - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

yeah that is true, ur gonna get a mat, and someone trie to steal it? pk! xD
  • Wizzy_wonka - Heavens Tear
    Wizzy_wonka - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    b:worriedi hate how people have to use pvp to get..."MATS!" I mean cmon, you get it fair and square and some immature dumbass has to kill you for a mat. I used to love farming mats when there was no problem at all now its like a fight for food or some ****. I hadn't noticed people get all pressed about getting one measily mat. If you are, you obviously are addicted to the game if your willing to go to lengths for a little piece of in-game material. If someone is getting a mat find another spot to farm. If your a pker and don't give a **** and would gladly pk, then congrats on killing someone because you can't do it yourself in real life. Stick to rpking some random noob at hidden orchid and leave the game fair.
    PS. Yea i don't care if you think this post was a waste of time, I'm free to do whatever I want.

ummm question here
    > what does ingame PKing over mats have to do with real life killing? O.o
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    ummm question here
    > what does ingame PKing over mats have to do with real life killing? O.o

Don't worry, pretty much everyone who complains about PKers make this connection, it's nothing new.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    oh? how very odd.

how have you managed to find a way to transfer things between servers?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Lord_Frayne - Dreamweaver
    Lord_Frayne - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    so what? people always do annoying things to get mats even in PVE servers like there are 3 mobs around the mat , you start killing the mobs then at the middle of it some ****er comes and takes the mat

Yeah. I've had that happen too many times. Makes me sad each time I think about it.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Hmm... If I was on a PK server and, say running for a mat on foot and a mount zoomed in...or clearing mobs to get to a mat and someone nips in.... I'd kill them. After all, their logic is "it's all fair game, anyones mat" so my logic would be "it's a pk server, it's all fair game, kill whoever" :P

But killing someone who fairly got to a mat and is farming it, just to get it for yourself is kinda sad tbh ^^ I'd understand if mats were worth something but they're kinda...really not, as well as being in plentiful supply.
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    Xeian - Dreamweaver Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Hmm... If I was on a PK server and, say running for a mat on foot and a mount zoomed in...or clearing mobs to get to a mat and someone nips in.... I'd kill them. After all, their logic is "it's all fair game, anyones mat" so my logic would be "it's a pk server, it's all fair game, kill whoever" :P

But killing someone who fairly got to a mat and is farming it, just to get it for yourself is kinda sad tbh ^^ I'd understand if mats were worth something but they're kinda...really not, as well as being in plentiful supply.
    I'd pk'em just out of principle, even if I never got the mat afterwards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i dont think you really need a reason to kill someone in a pvp server. all in the name of fun right? hit that person back afterwards or something.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Cervantia - Sanctuary
    Cervantia - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    ummm question here
    > what does ingame PKing over mats have to do with real life killing?
    Don't worry, pretty much everyone who complains about PKers make this connection, it's nothing new.

I think what many people mean, although they struggle finding the right words, is that they critisize the way PvP players solve their problems. The thesis is that a person, who gets rewarded by using violence as only possible solution for any problem they face ingame (you insult me - I pk you, you take my mats - I pk you, you level by oracles what I dislike - I pk you ...), will act similar when they face real life problems. However to make it clear: There is no proof that everybody who choses the easy way (pk someone) ingame has to be more violental iRL as well, some may be affected but they usually have other psychological problems in addition and only serve as negative examples for videogamers in the media.
    Cervantia BM 100 / Calivthel Cleric 101 / Davinella Archer 9x
    Kachengy Seeker 8x / Pianna Wizard 8x

I need neither goons nor powerleveling.
    Addicted to PW since Mai 09.
    Factionless.
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    You can not compare RL with this Game ,never ever or you as low as the people who claim FPS Games are responsible for any Scool Amok Runs happend.

Pking over Mats is a good way to solve who get it. I played on a PVE Server first and no matter when i tryed to loggin and farm some mats i saw always the same people nearly 24/7 farming them, timed on a second after spawn and it annoyed the hell out of me. Getting PKed for a Mat? No big Deal isn't it ? Just respawn and try again. After all if you get Pked for mats it means youre on a PVP Server and PKIng over some Ressources make more sense than farming noobs on Silver Pool. People kill each other in RL too for Ressources but read my first line in the post again please b:shutup
    I hate Room 38
  • killaho
    killaho Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Walking down the street you see some money on the floor and go to grab it.

Just as you are about to pick it up someone else beats you to it.

Would you pk them irl? b:chuckle
  • PartyAnimal - Harshlands
    PartyAnimal - Harshlands Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    2.jpg
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    killaho wrote: »
    Walking down the street you see some money on the floor and go to grab it.

Just as you are about to pick it up someone else beats you to it.

Would you pk them irl? b:chuckle

Would you even pick up a penny irl? Most people would be too embarrassed to be seen dashing over to scrape a penny off the dirt. :P
  • StratosFear - Lost City
    StratosFear - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Yeah I find it really annoying when people PK because I farm a mat. You guys don't have to get butt hurt because I farmed it when I saw it. And the reason they don't fight someone over cash on the ground Irl is because they are too afraid, and they come to PW to feel tough. Same with RPKers, they feel tough over the game. Yet they are overweight punks, that got bullied in school and are looking for revenge in a game.
    edited December 2009
    Options
    That's the point you can just pk the other person, reason or not. Instead of fighting over a world boss , kill the other group. Instead of fighting over a mat , kill the other person. Just don't like there face kill them or roll a PvE server ijs
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Ooooh yeah... When someone picks what I was about to pick, I get annoyed with them and leave the area b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • XShadowx - Harshlands
    XShadowx - Harshlands Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Your post make me lol... Roll Pve Plox b:laugh

idk how u can find farming fun... its most boring thing in game b:cute also why QQ over being pked? if i seen some narb herb farmer i would kill him/her... lol about RL killing, when i kill people in game i dont remotely connect it with doing anything to do them in RL :s This whole game is about killing people...

Like when ppl kill you in CoD or w/e would you start crying and screaming at them that they cant kill u in Rl etc? xD

Big deal, why u farm mats anyway? go pk...
  • Taranta - Dreamweaver
    Taranta - Dreamweaver Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Yeah I find it really annoying when people PK because I farm a mat. You guys don't have to get butt hurt because I farmed it when I saw it. And the reason they don't fight someone over cash on the ground Irl is because they are too afraid, and they come to PW to feel tough. Same with RPKers, they feel tough over the game. Yet they are overweight punks, that got bullied in school and are looking for revenge in a game.

Poor correlation. I know a large number of people who enjoy pk, and they weren't the ones bullied, but the bullies themselves. It's not about revenge for most people. It's either about entertainment (for a majority) or power (for a select, unbalanced few). PK is an escapist method to enjoy the game while still interacting with people on a baseline level, giving both a feeling of anonymity compared to other situations. And, as stated many times before me: Average person + Anonymity + Internet = Total jerk.
    I shall dominate the Dreamweaver server through the use of Baked goods...and only baked goods.^^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Venomancers are Female. Barbarians are male. It will forever be this way. So suck it up and deal with it already.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Would you even pick up a penny irl? Most people would be too embarrassed to be seen dashing over to scrape a penny off the dirt. :P

I found fifty bucks on the ground in Times Square a month or so ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I found fifty bucks on the ground in Times Square a month or so ago.
    Congratz? b:nosebleed
  • Rayne_ - Harshlands
    Rayne_ - Harshlands Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Farming may be tedious, but necessary if REALLY want that amazing piece of equipment for your next level. Find a good place, run in circles for a few hours, fine. You want anything good you have to make it yourself, that's the way it should be.

However, materials are a FIRST COME FIRST SERVE sort of deal. (like taquitos at 7-11. I work there, and people ALWAYS flip out just because someone else bought "their" taquito 10 minutes before they entered the store. Poor baby. I don't care) If you're THAT annoyed that you didn't get one and feel the need to kill someone over it, then you're a greedy **** and didn't deserve it in the first place.

Get over yourself. Or better yet, go hang yourself
    "What man would go into the dark without a light?"
    "That's a silly question. What man would go into the dark?"
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

I suggest you quit playing on Lost City then if you have such an issue getting killed. QQ about it just makes you look stupid. PK server player "oh noes I got PK'd while farming matts QQ"

I swear, some people are just... not suited for breeding purposes in this life.

~Saitada