Tideborn - Tale of Mermaid news

Options

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    isn't it always 200? 40 for 5 ticks? oo~ silly Astypoo doesn't know her archer numbers! b:chuckle

DoTs always do the same damage too but I still see those. The video showed HP absorbed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Epidemik - Lost City
    Epidemik - Lost City Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I really dont know if this has already been discussed, but i dont want to look through all these pages and search function sucks b:surrender

But has the Dex/str for assassin been discussed already (not talking about builds, im sure no one really knows yet)?

Asking Since it will wear light armor, but use those daggers. Only ranged weapons gain attack power from dex, and melee weapons from str. Will the daggers be any different? Not sure if anyone knows the stat requirements for each lvl for daggers yet
    I was leaning to seeing it built as a fist bm is built, but perhaps it might be a little different. I see a fist bm using 3 str, 2 dex each lvl because some use HA and can sorta switch to some LA (I i remember correct? haven't played in forever). So it might be around somewhat 3 dex, for assassin or w.e. variation,we'll find out, but that's not what I'm talking about. xD

the bold up there is sorta of what my mangled question is...
    I mean, I seen him throw the dagger D=, it scared me T_T
    -Hiatus/inactive
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    b:shockedwell if heals are goan show its goan be good and bad...no?
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aneemah - Heavens Tear
    Aneemah - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I really dont know if this has already been discussed, but i dont want to look through all these pages and search function sucks b:surrender

But has the Dex/str for assassin been discussed already (not talking about builds, im sure no one really knows yet)?

Asking Since it will wear light armor, but use those daggers. Only ranged weapons gain attack power from dex, and melee weapons from str. Will the daggers be any different? Not sure if anyone knows the stat requirements for each lvl for daggers yet
    I was leaning to seeing it built as a fist bm is built, but perhaps it might be a little different. I see a fist bm using 3 str, 2 dex each lvl because some use HA and can sorta switch to some LA (I i remember correct? haven't played in forever). So it might be around somewhat 3 dex, for assassin or w.e. variation,we'll find out, but that's not what I'm talking about. xD

Stats for the warsoul dagger were revealed, and if you calculate them off, you will need 0.5 str and 3 dex per level, or 1 str 6 dex per 2 levels to wield them for your current level (the warsoul dagger has 44 str and 242 dex req). And it was said already that sin works on dex (though, on a personal thought, I think the daggers themselves work on dex, while fists would work on str, but again, this is just a hypothesis).

Also this might answer your question better...
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Tideborn character creation : http://zoome.jp/cutedollz/diary/7

LMFAO i laughed with all the rocks and shells in their hair
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Noob - Heavens Tear
    Noob - Heavens Tear Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Question: Do the tideborn have their own armor class? I keep seeing all this fish-oriented armor being wore by them.
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    Skybelle - Sanctuary Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I still wonder if the new Tideborn hairs are available on other classes. b:surrender

(Wants the curly piggytails)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    my C H A R A C T E R S ; feel free to message me in game.
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I still wonder if the new Tideborn hairs are available on other classes. b:surrender

The have rocks and shell fish in their hair. i doubt we would too
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    The have rocks and shell fish in their hair. i doubt we would too
    b:surrender
    1-4.jpg

But I hope we get this hair :D. This screenie looks like a cleric so I hope this one is available for clerics. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    1-4.jpg

But I hope we get this hair :D. This screenie looks like a cleric so I hope this one is available for clerics. b:cry

b:cryb:cry

Wants that fashion!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    b:cryb:cry

Wants that fashion!!!!!

I want that too. b:surrender The fashion screenshots on page 48 of this thread makes me want them.

They all look pretty. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Noob - Heavens Tear
    Noob - Heavens Tear Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    So does anyone know if tideborn get their own armor class? :x
  • ATHAXIS - Sanctuary
    ATHAXIS - Sanctuary Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i dont know i hope they will have new armor!!
    but i dont think sob:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:cutemy xmas list!
    1.some powerfull weap. 4 my assasin and armors
    2.some verry extra mega giga rare wings 4 my assasin
    3.assasin clothes 4 my assasin
    4.1 tome +45 vit
    5.a nightfall mount
    6.1kkkk atk charms
    7.a all class pet that will look like a grim ripper!
    8.a bigger x mas list
    9.some rare chat emoticons
    10.a lvl 50 assasin
    b:dirty
  • Korren - Lost City
    Korren - Lost City Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

dangger atk is based on dex. str dex requirement is about 1:6
    lv100 daggers require 54 str 302 dex
    lv100 LA armors require 104 str 104 dex
    lv100 light helm requires 104 str(some1 has asked about this be4..)
    so,for a lv100 ****, u only have 500+10-104-302 = 104 spare stat points
    Question: Do the tideborn have their own armor class? I keep seeing all this fish-oriented armor being wore by them.
    no. but there r few quest armors that give u special look.

no, they r fish-ppl only hair styles. but if u edit *cough* , u can get these hairs on other class, but its bannable if some1 report u...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    Options
    So 2 things I've seen in the videos actually.

1) Mob HP is shown in the HP bars as a number (ie: 45/87)
    2) Blue numbers are shown for HP abosorbed

Were these 2 features in PW-CN before the expansion?

I'm wondering if they are regional feature differences or if they are part of the expansion content.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    volst wrote: »
    You know every class can use a bow right?

Of course I do. But remember the assassin was said to be squad based on the expansion info. Do you realize that, like every other class, the assassin will not be abe to use their skills without having daggers equipped? Sure he can change back and forth but that is impractical. Besides, the skill that leeches life(it is yet to know how important that will be to a squad) will need daggers equipped. yes maybe he can cast it and change back to bow but it is doubtful. We also do not need another aggro thief standing there pulling an aoe boss away from the tank and over to the LAs and Arcanes only to cause a squad wipe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Korren - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    So 2 things I've seen in the videos actually.

1) Mob HP is shown in the HP bars as a number (ie: 45/87)
    2) Blue numbers are shown for HP abosorbed

Were these 2 features in PW-CN before the expansion?

I'm wondering if they are regional feature differences or if they are part of the expansion content.

b:angry they come w/ expansion....
    b:question whats the hotkey to use genie skills?
    shift + F1~F8
    b:question whats the hotkey to target squad members?
    shift + 1~5
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    Options
    b:angry they come w/ expansion....
    why so angry D:
    did someone ask that before >< sorry there are 1200 posts in this thread and I haven't read them all.

I'm looking forward to those though :)
    Though it means I won't be able to trick people into thinking I am healing a boss when I cast 'Healing Arrow' (aka sharp tooth).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Korren - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    b:cute they come w/ expansion....

fixed..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    b:cute they come w/ expansion....

fixed..

will we see how much clerics heal for too o.o?

EDIT: yuck my tipos >.<
    shift + F1~F8

shift + 1~5

i see wut u did thaar
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Korren - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    will we see how much clerics heal for too o.o?

EDIT: yuck my tipos >.<

i see wut u did thaar

umm..no...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    umm..no...

b:cryb:cryb:cryb:cry

i can live with it -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shel098
    shel098 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    b:cutehmmm..looks good..but since they are mermaid, will they be able to walk on land? or just turn to bubblesb:cry

They can walk on land, if u search youtube for some videos of Assassin Gameplay or psychic gameplay they can transform underwater.
  • Sralyn - Dreamweaver
    Sralyn - Dreamweaver Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    A question about stealth for sins:

I noticed in a video that a sin forced stealth and the mob healed itself. Will forcing stealth work on bosses as well? (i.e. sin happens to steal aggro and forces stealth, will aggro go back to tank, will the boss heal itself, or will it continue whacking on the poor sin?)

That could also tie into my other question, is there anything that stealth does not work on? (bosses, elite mobs, the 0s in the snake isle dungeon race?)

And I'm assuming that their "stealth level" relates to mobs as well. So a sin with level 5 on the skill that raises stealth level 2*skill level would only be able to hide from mobs up to 10 levels above them, am I right?

My deepest apologies if these have already been asked and answered, but I have yet to see them in the pages I have been keeping up with. b:surrender
    We are not your slaves,
    We are not your babysitters,
    We are not your personal med-pack,
    We are Clerics, god dammit,
    And if your death means the survival of the squad as a whole,
    Well...I'll see you in hell...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    Options
    A question about stealth for sins:

I noticed in a video that a sin forced stealth and the mob healed itself. Will forcing stealth work on bosses as well? (i.e. sin happens to steal aggro and forces stealth, will aggro go back to tank, will the boss heal itself, or will it continue whacking on the poor sin?)

That could also tie into my other question, is there anything that stealth does not work on? (bosses, elite mobs, the 0s in the snake isle dungeon race?)

And I'm assuming that their "stealth level" relates to mobs as well. So a sin with level 5 on the skill that raises stealth level 2*skill level would only be able to hide from mobs up to 10 levels above them, am I right?

My deepest apologies if these have already been asked and answered, but I have yet to see them in the pages I have been keeping up with. b:surrender
    Remember in the promotion video the 2 psy and 2 assassin killing a huge mob or boss? Right before they attacked they slipped into stealthmode. Assuming that mob was at least a miniboss...........

personally i think it dont work for all mobs, that would totally be overpowered
  • t3h1ns4n30n3
    t3h1ns4n30n3 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    So for the assassin skill requirement, 5 stars means? You have to be really good, or you can be creppy like me??
  • Caine - Lost City
    Caine - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Just got off the CN server, let me tell you, the tideborns arent that new... they are just the same old thing, with different skills and a mermaid form, nothin new, but they were pretty fun, but
    I uninstalled chinese server

=P
  • krzysztofxx
    krzysztofxx Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    So for the assassin skill requirement, 5 stars means? You have to be really good, or you can be creppy like me??

What i can say after this 44lv...

Assassin in PvE ?
    Grinding:
    - put hp hierogram / spam mp/hp pots
    - if 2 mobs att you (at low lv) ... you have 3 choice die/run/use force stealth
    - if you laging... off game better or you will die
    - tank male mobs in light armors sound funny
    - i thing aggro can be problem... when i make quests at low lv with wb(barabarian) wr(blademaster) in pt then i always take aggro and i need spam pots not they ...bully

Ok Ok when you learn all skills then PvE is more nice... you can survive and kill quick your enemy
    - and make quests on low lv better in pt not alone

Assassin in PvP
    Those ppl who like run in PvP now can forget about this b:pleased
    Assassin sure catch you so better fight dont run (if you can handle it att)
    -teleport with stun / sleep / paralyze / seal /another skill with stun / freeze from genie skill / many buff help in def or in att / quick move on ground / run in stealth if you cant kill your target / immune for stun/seal etc /
    Buff like Auto Reviv (i tot is Perfect World not Final Fantasy xD ) ...

FRUSTRATING ?

Ok make lv 100 Assassin / find target for pk/ use all buffs / go stealth mode / teleport to target with stun / use 95% chance sleep for 5 sec / use dark fury (hope assassin will have dagger with berserk b:shocked) /paralyze target for 9 sec 100% chance... use -50% speed att for 30 sec (if your target is male class)... use immune for stun/seal etc... / if your target still dont die use vigor pots .. stun him use 2 skills and gain 200+ chi/vigor and u can start everything again or use stealth and run (run is def tactic to dun bully :x ) b:shocked Assassin wil have many option in pkkkkkkk ...

I say one rules for Assassin ... Kill Fast Or Die Fast b:laugh and srr for my english
    edited December 2009
    Options

Assassin in PvE ?
    Grinding:

>_________>;;;;;;
  • Cirdan - Lost City
    Cirdan - Lost City Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

Assassin in PvE ?
    Grinding:
    - tank male mobs in light armors sound funny

Do you think oracle will be frustrating since they're so squishy? If so, I'll go to an oracle spot and LMAO at all the dead assains everywhere.b:chuckle
This discussion has been closed.