end of the bm o.O

Comments

• Asurr - Heavens Tear
    Asurr - Heavens Tear Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Post the official source post, and I'll believe. All I know about that skill is that is avoids mob aggro.

SAUCE OR GTFO!

b:angry

um the skill freakin turns u invisible... how can u not avoid dmg when no one can see u...?

they also have a skill that prevents u from dying 1 time and a skill where u gain health with ur atks. they also have a teleport skill that seems to have a very long rage to teleport to/from. so they wont be as easy to kill as ppl u might think if played by a good player. they have alot of pvp potential.
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited December 2009
    With all the dex assassin's have they can just use a bow and act like an archer. If they get aggro, go invisible and not have any worries.
  • Luixo - Sanctuary
    Luixo - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Well least you can get the buff from the sins, archers cant get the Hp attack spell from them b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheUnjudged - Heavens Tear_1274701008
    edited December 2009
    Well the stealth mode does allow you to attack in stealth and stay like that if you max it ^^ and as a cleric bm's are fun to be around I appreciate them. But 20% of my friends list is made up of bm's though. I wonder why I'm not one.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Unjudged's power is like that of a flower..Just to be in his presence is like being washed by the healing dews of the morning. To ask for his incredible Wisdom and Knowledge is to drink of the sweetest Honey. The Unjudged is one not to be reckoned with though. Along with Copassion is a Fiery personality and Great..great Power.....
  • Legendadry - Harshlands
    Legendadry - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Cooldown: 90 seconds.

nuff said, not OP, kinda useless rly.

Only works when ur higher lvl than opponent? rofl, u will be ganked and ganked and ganked until ur 80+ atleast.

Sins wont replace anything, they'll be squishy close range DD that will require skill to use, especially if their spike damage steals aggro alot. Plus bosses with big close-range AoE's = death to sins.

I think they will be rewarding but tricky to use.

you can force into stealth as long as u want and deal dmg on somone(MP charm ftw). also sins can avoid 1 deadly blow if aoe gets to be to much. and we cant forget someone out there will give their sins 6k HP unbuffed someway some how b:surrender
    I dont level Slow I just enjoy the game b:surrender
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Well saw the videos and skills of assassins. Impressive from a pvp point of view. PvE and Party play....no way.

The guy takes so long to kill that mob at lvl31. I am sure I had an easier time with my archer. He was literally potting after each kill or twice per kill. Pretty sure BMs didnt have to do that much.

Avoiding damage by going invisible is good but in a high lvl instance squad? o.O Thats just gonna get the mob onto another DDer who are again squishy and who cant hide.

Assassins are good no doubt, but if you already got a good DD (wizard/Archer) then I rather have a BM to tank the stuff the bard is unable to focus on.

In the end, each class has their role to play and theyre usually chosen depending upon what we need or whats already there.
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    um the skill freakin turns u invisible... how can u not avoid dmg when no one can see u...?

they also have a skill that prevents u from dying 1 time and a skill where u gain health with ur atks. they also have a teleport skill that seems to have a very long rage to teleport to/from. so they wont be as easy to kill as ppl u might think if played by a good player. they have alot of pvp potential.

Hehe...not a bad move...but now I reveal my Trap Card:

"GM Quote!"

Now that I'm arguing that BM's won't be killed off, it gives my argument +2000 Attack Points, and can negate one of your attacks per turn! Your move, Asurr.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I love how everyones jumping onto the Assasin bandwagon.

Firstly, Assasin is good at PvP, absolutely horrible PvE

Secondly, Psychic end game > Assasin end game - purely by the mechanics of magic attacks in this game.

Assasins invisible technique (as it is at the moment):

(1) : Prevents people from targetting you
    (2) : DOES NOT prevent damage or status ailments from AOE's

That means:

Assasins take AOE damage
    Assasins get hit with AOE stuns

In short, your invisibility skill gives you no immunity in TW's, instances, or any place where its group versus group PvP.

Invisibiltiy is only effective 1 on 1 against everyone but a wizard with an AOE magic attack that does not need a target.

If you go down the pure-path your HP will be soo low that you will die before you even get a chance to cast a second skill against a wizard using an AOE.

If you dont use your invisibility skill everyone can see you. Against sparked damage assasin fails horribly. Assasins may have some luck against clerics and archers, mainly archers because of their halved damage when an assasin Teleports to them. Clerics have plume shell - so good luck with that.

Plume Shell + Mana charm = no luck for an assasin.
    Similarily, Rock Shield = no luck for an assasin.
    If a BM gets a roar off = no luck for an assasin.
    Nix >>>>>>>>>>> everything
    Barbarians = good luck trying if their charmed
    Archers = easy pickings

At any rate, I dont recommend the Assasin class if you play on PvE servers. Your only real PvP occurs in TW's where assasins are as useless as they get due to the amount of AOE attacks flying around.

If your on a PvP server, assasin may be worth your time if you just plan to PK all day.
  • wtvdie
    wtvdie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    um... from that description of stealth, it also seems like if the sin is tanking something, lets say a cleric is healing the sin. sin decides to use stealth the next in line for agro priority dies, or even the cleric healing the sin. are u really sure u want that to happen?

also, it means that the sin cant tank bosses using stealth.

ever play guild wars? theres a skill called shadow form. assassins use it and it prevents spells or attacks, but doesnt prevent dmg. its great and has lots of uses, but doesnt make u invincible.

actually, in guildwars invicibility doesnt exist for a player.... should though. lol
  • Dasypogon - Harshlands
    Dasypogon - Harshlands Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I am not so sure assassins will be horrible in PvE. However, they do have some good squad mechanics which will do them not so much good when solo.

And, yes, assassin stealth does not protect them from AoE (if they are stupid enough to be standing within 12m of another target), and force stealth has a long cooldown. However, assassins have another skill making them immune to one hit kills. Our standard "tick their charm and then nuke" them approach will heal them 20% and will not tick their charm. So assassins will need to be DPS'd or double nuked or something. Veno purge might also work on them, if you can hit them with it.

Anyways, I am just waiting for something like this to happen in TW:

Assassin strolls into enemy base (transparent, because they are invisible, but people will still know the assassin is there). People fume in frustration. Assassin kills a buffing cleric and then goes back into stealth. Finally someone duels and stands next to assassin, and gets hit by an AoE. Assassin kills duel target and then dies, laughing. (Or is duel disabled in TW?)
  • Legendadry - Harshlands
    Legendadry - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Secondly, Psychic end game > Assasin end game - purely by the mechanics of magic attacks in this game.

That means:

Assasins take AOE damage

In short, your invisibility skill gives you no immunity in TW's, instances, or any place where its group versus group PvP.

Invisibiltiy is only effective 1 on 1 against everyone but a wizard with an AOE magic attack that does not need a target.

If you go down the pure-path your HP will be soo low that you will die before you even get a chance to cast a second skill against a wizard using an AOE.

If you dont use your invisibility skill everyone can see you. Against sparked damage assasin fails horribly. Assasins may have some luck against clerics and archers, mainly archers because of their halved damage when an assasin Teleports to them. Clerics have plume shell - so good luck with that.

Archers = easy pickings

At any rate, I dont recommend the Assasin class if you play on PvE servers. Your only real PvP occurs in TW's where assasins are as useless as they get due to the amount of AOE attacks flying around.

If your on a PvP server, assasin may be worth your time if you just plan to PK all day.

actually belive it or not assasins have a skill that increases their chances of dodgeing debuff related skills and effects. so if someone tries to sleep an assasin, and they have that skill active it wont happen. 2ndly everyone keeps saying that sins will be vulnerable to aoe attacks. Forced stealth PREVENTS you from being target by an enemies. so even if someone came and aoe'd a target and a sin was close by they wont be hit. As far as TW goes sins will most likely be used to take out soft targets like archers clerics mages and venos. Also i'm not sure but i believe they also have a skill that debuffs an enemy, it's similar to purge. and the point of teh sin is to strike unnoticed. so most premptive measures to buff oneself b4 an attack(i.e. plumeshell) wont really apply. The only thing now to do is wait and see exactly how usefull or unsefull the new classes will be. None of use are 100% postive on how each skill will work in the game. However I am wondering if this will **** w/ the balance of things.
    I dont level Slow I just enjoy the game b:surrender
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Umm wouldnt the sins show up on the mini-map as a dot even if they were invisible?

HA > LA when it comes to melee atks. Also for a good sin, they would need to invest quite a bit on dex making their hp pool much less (at best they would be like a vit archer unless they get HP bonuses like Barbs and BMs which I doubt).

IMO, sins will be more of a pest (irritating thing that pops up, hits once and then runs away) than a threat.
  • Zuyue - Sanctuary
    Zuyue - Sanctuary Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    however, having a member in your party that can live, but cannot deal any damage if he wants to do that since you cannot be in stealth and deal damage is not very useful.... Also, I am sure the ability to go into stealth during a fight it will be a level 89 skill, since the little information we have stated that they can only into stealth when not fighting, and only more advantaced ones will be able to go into stealth while fighitng.

Called Force into Stealth: Cultivation 29 not 89 hun ;)
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Called Force into Stealth: Cultivation 29 not 89 hun ;)

the skills information keep changing, so we will not really know until it comes out in a couple of weeks. However, I would agree that it would make sense if it is indeed level 29. Do you happen to have the amount of mps it burns to get into stealth, and than for every second you are in stealth? Since most sins will have 3 or 5 magic, that could make it very interesting.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Zuyue - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009

That means:

Assasins take AOE damage

Archers = easy pickings

Hehe where you find all this info, sight mastery and stealth mastery add to lvls of persons that can hit you while you are stealthed or can see you. Level 100 assassin wont be seen or hit by anything.... lvl 81 assassin is safe from characters 101 lvl from being seen or hit by aoe in stealth. Your lvl +2 per skill level if i remeber right can check korrens post to be sure :D
  • hemoglobin
    hemoglobin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    fudge sins. they still squishy as hell. keep your bm man
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    well if you're charmed in PvP it doesn't matter.

I'm sure everyone is inclined to think...wow this class does so much and my class feels so inadequate. however, i don't think the devs are that stupid as to completely throw off class balance like that. it would mean many who have invested time and money in their characters getting pissed off and leaving rather than re-rolling.

anyways, bms shouldn't sell yourselves short. you can spike tremendously high through certain skills and with berserk weapons. by using multiple weapons you can use hard hitting nukes available to each path in combos and be able to fight well in any situation. not to mention you have great 2 sparks skills available to you (unlike Stormrage Eagleon b:sweat)
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • FitHitDShan - Sanctuary
    FitHitDShan - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    There are lots of things you can hit with an AOE that you cannot target. I'm frequently turning pink in the cube, for example, because I shoot an AOE too close to one of those hercs that run the place.
    "?" IS my avatar.
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    Silver - Dreamweaver Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    after checking out all of the sin skills posted in korrens thread i'm getting a bit nervous as a BM b:shocked.

Reasons to be scared:
    sins can gain up 200 chi w/ 2 skills
    sins can go instantly into stealth and avoid dmg
    sins have a buff that gives them health each time they attack (party wide)
    sins instantly teleport to target (offesnive and defensive moves)
    sins have a skill that is an amp and requires 2 sparks and stacks w/ heavens flame b:cry
    sins can sleep target, stun target, and freeze target

So o.O as a BM
    BM has to use pots and several skills to gain chi(marrows)
    BM dont gain health when they attack
    BM can stun target
    BM can AoE grind like crazy

So can someone remind me why i should stay BM and not be forced to rerollb:surrender

BMS can

Dragon, Glacier, Myriad-100% more damage, 50% decrease of phy and magi defenses for 10 secs, 200% weapon damage on hit, 50% decrease of phy and magi for 15 sec
    AOE- Essential in pvp, knocks down everyone's hp with 1 skill
    AOE STUN- Necessary for life saving skills (Offensive and Defensive) and keeping enemies in 1 place
    Jumps- Can jump forward and backward with the press of a button (offensive and defensive)
    Better "tanking ability- can tank a larger amount of people at a time without dieing unlike Sins
    Marrows- Can now tank Magical and Physical without much trouble because the help of these skills.

Those are just some of the many things BMS have, their not going anywhere
    Most Ironic phrase in the English language is Common Sense, its easiest concept to understand yet few people ever grasp it.

~Silver
  • Waterboy - Lost City
    Waterboy - Lost City Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    -pdef buff
    -AOE STUN
    -stunlock
    -amplify dragon for 6sec(9 if demon)
    -and zerk axes
    this will not be the end of a bm
    b:bye
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    zerk spear too...******n that farstrike b:sad
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Cirdan - Lost City
    Cirdan - Lost City Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    after checking out all of the sin skills posted in korrens thread i'm getting a bit nervous as a BM b:shocked.

Reasons to be scared:
    sins can gain up 200 chi w/ 2 skills
    sins can go instantly into stealth and avoid dmg
    sins have a buff that gives them health each time they attack (party wide)
    sins instantly teleport to target (offesnive and defensive moves)
    sins have a skill that is an amp and requires 2 sparks and stacks w/ heavens flame b:cry
    sins can sleep target, stun target, and freeze target

So o.O as a BM
    BM has to use pots and several skills to gain chi(marrows)
    BM dont gain health when they attack
    BM can stun target
    BM can AoE grind like crazy

So can someone remind me why i should stay BM and not be forced to rerollb:surrender

The skill that gives them health when they attack only works for melee users in the party, and it's only 2% of the damage they deal thats returned to them.

That amp skill, DOESN'T stack with extreme poison. Basicly nothing would change if you did heaven's flame with extreme poison or heaven flame with the assasin's skill(depending on how much it amps). If you we in pvp or dueling vs a assasin, you have the heaven's flame and (hopefully) extreme poison where as the assasin only has the one amp skill. Personally I'm more afraid of the venos amp cuz it does stack with extreme poison and heaven's flame.

Don't forget that some BMs (with certain builds) can tank bosses. We have yet to see all of the strengths and weaknesses of the Assasin, but I think it will be hard for it to tank bosses as easily as BMs do unless you seriously deck out an assasin and maybe have it go heavy build.
  • Cirdan - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    okay maybe u all missed it.......................

"sins can instantly go into stealth mode to aviod damage."

u can be as a fragile as an egg it does not matter. i can see where BM's would be needed for FC and GV over a sin but beyond that i bet ppl would take a sin over a BM.

so saying their squishy doenst make sense lol. as long as they have mp they can live. they are w/out a doubt mages w/ knives.

Swishy as in they should be a 2 shot for you. One to get past their one-shot save buff, the next to kill them.

Even if they go back into stealth before you kill them, I doubt they could do enough damage to kill you in 4 secs by the time they are almost dead, unless they have a +6 or higher weapon and are your lvl or higher.

Since you are 83 at this time, there might be a few nooble oracle babies that could be at your lvl or higher in a week or 2 after the release of the expansion.
  • Cirdan - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    however, having a member in your party that can live, but cannot deal any damage if he wants to do that since you cannot be in stealth and deal damage is not very useful.... Also, I am sure the ability to go into stealth during a fight it will be a level 89 skill, since the little information we have stated that they can only into stealth when not fighting, and only more advantaced ones will be able to go into stealth while fighitng.

Good point. Maybe it'll be like the veno's bramble or the cleric's buffs where after lvl10 you can learn a higher version of the skill?

Edit: nvm I just saw Korrens skill description, I guess you can learn it at lvl29.
  • Zuyue - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Swishy as in they should be a 2 shot for you. One to get past their one-shot save buff, the next to kill them.

Even if they go back into stealth before you kill them, I doubt they could do enough damage to kill you in 4 secs by the time they are almost dead, unless they have a +6 or higher weapon and are your lvl or higher.

Since you are 83 at this time, there might be a few nooble oracle babies that could be at your lvl or higher in a week or 2 after the release of the expansion.

So u get 1 shot? Assassin wear same armor then you and get a bigger bonus from vit then archer. Can also go pure dex as u can and being a close fighter class with have more base health then your class and more evasion ie. 2 evasion buffs an a passive evasion skill. Unless you go around getting 1 shot by bm's all time i highly VERY HIGHLY doubt assassin will be that weak, they will be stronger then your class.
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    that thread ftw. just scroll down to assissin skills. its in the 1st page of thepost.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=466152

Just tossin' this out there:

the damage amp skill consumes 2 sparks to boost damage by 30%. Extreme Poison genie skill does basically the same thing...
  • Bozko - Dreamweaver
    Bozko - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Have read about half the thread but couldnt find this argument for BMs. I very often want a BM in my squads bc of their awesome buff. It really helps. As any cleric knows its alot easier assure the partys survivability when everybodys BM-buffed. If the tank for some reason would die, the BM can take the impact of the boss making the squad survive. A BM takes care of adds better then anyone. I love a BM in almost every squad im in and nothings gonna change that. Then again im on a pve server :) But in order to level your assassin you have to get into some sort of squads.
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    So u get 1 shot? Assassin wear same armor then you and get a bigger bonus from vit then archer. Can also go pure dex as u can and being a close fighter class with have more base health then your class and more evasion ie. 2 evasion buffs an a passive evasion skill. Unless you go around getting 1 shot by bm's all time i highly VERY HIGHLY doubt assassin will be that weak, they will be stronger then your class.

Umm the very fact they have evasion buffs and stealth hows how weak they are <.<. Without stealth theyre as good as dead and stealth would be counter-prodcutive during BH/Boss fights since it would easily give the aggro to the next person.

We all know evasion doesnt do squat against magic and thats like 80% of the mobs and wizards, psychics, clerics, venos. Then you have the accurcy increase rings and skills which make almost every class able to hit you even with loads of evasion. Stealth would be something that works in their favour but only if they time it right.

Pvp wise: Assassins >= Archers
    Pve wise: Archers > Assassins
  • ElMiedo - Heavens Tear
    ElMiedo - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    We all know evasion doesnt do squat against magic and thats like 80% of the mobs and wizards, psychics, clerics, venos. Then you have the accurcy increase rings and skills which make almost every class able to hit you even with loads of evasion. Stealth would be something that works in their favour but only if they time it right.

Pvp wise: Assassins >= Archers
    Pve wise: Archers > Assassins

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think assassins have a skill to evade magic.

Anyway, all of this is just mostly speculation. Until the actual class comes out I think people need to stop making all of these assumptions.
  • wtvdie
    wtvdie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    they can avoid being targeted. however, u just nuke the area. even if they arent the target, they are still getting hit.

for example i cant target player A. Player B is standing beside him. I decide to use aoe on player B. the aoe is targetting player B, but player A is still in range. Player A is not targeted at all. He is just in aoe range.