Tideborn Make wiz even more underpowered?

Centll - Dreamweaver
Centll - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Wizard
From what Ive Read and have heard opinions from several people the two new classes coming out soon could be overpowered? This Concerns me because Im already part of a class considered underpowered by almost every other class. Well im going to get straight to the point; Psychic and barb teamed in Pvp would make them invincible? In Endgame Wiz is renown for hitting insane hits and can possibly take out Multible Targets with a Ult thats what makes wiz worth playing to many people. The preview Of the Psychic Clearly says no matter how much damage is taken the DD who inflicted it would feel the pain. Btw this is not a QQ in advance post im just curious what opinions other people have?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Why these horrible things happen to good people ill never know but theres always something you can do *picks up pitch forks and torchs* Calls forth Angry Mob b:angry
Post edited by Centll - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Wiz....underpowered?

b:surrender Get higher level and you will see....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options 2 and 3 are the same?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dvalinn - Lost City
    Dvalinn - Lost City Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    in before.....MORE "Wiz are not underpowered" posts......
  • Centll - Dreamweaver
    Centll - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    b:shutup i made a error :O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Why these horrible things happen to good people ill never know but theres always something you can do *picks up pitch forks and torchs* Calls forth Angry Mob b:angry
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    With the new buffs will make wizards even more of a threat b:surrender
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Let's wait with conclusions about the new classes until they come out?
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Paimage - Harshlands
    Paimage - Harshlands Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I think tideborns wont make wiz underpowered, but Im definely making 1 xD
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Me and a few people in my guild were talking about tideborns in TW. Psychics are gonna be a force paired with a good wizzy.

b:surrenderPromised i would be a good psychic
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    honestly i see assasins givving wizzies more trouble

cloak + rediculous physical spike damage?

that seems like a nazty combination against a wizzie or other robe
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    honestly i see assasins givving wizzies more trouble

cloak + rediculous physical spike damage?

that seems like a nazty combination against a wizzie or other robe
    yeah, but I would not worry that much for wizards. we have high pdef (at 95 full buffed more pdef than mdef) at all times. Clerics have high pdef only with plume shell up. So yeah, that will be the place where daggers will go through like butter.

The deadly combo will be a wiz and a Psy.
    Tell u why: the damage reflect buff + the attk/lvl buff from Psy will basically make a good geared wizard undine+1shot most of the so/so geared LA. The control spells and dmg buffs from Psy in combo with the dmg/hit output of a wiz will be a nightmare for every class in PvP/TW

And YES, the new classes will be overpowered. No one would play them seriously otherwise. What do you need a cleric/wizard hybrid for? just get 1 or the other if u have the need. What do you need a archer/BM hybrid? get one or the other if u really need their skills.
    New classes will be OP for a while, then PWI will nurf them to bring balance back in the game.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    yeah, but I would not worry that much for wizards. we have high pdef (at 95 full buffed more pdef than mdef) at all times. Clerics have high pdef only with plume shell up. So yeah, that will be the place where daggers will go through like butter.

Tell u why: the damage reflect buff + the attk/lvl buff from Psy will basically make a good geared wizard undine+1shot most of the so/so geared LA. The control spells and dmg buffs from Psy in combo with the dmg/hit output of a wiz will be a nightmare for every class in PvP/TW

And YES, the new classes will be overpowered. No one would play them seriously otherwise. What do you need a cleric/wizard hybrid for? just get 1 or the other if u have the need. What do you need a archer/BM hybrid? get one or the other if u really need their skills.
    New classes will be OP for a while, then PWI will nurf them to bring balance back in the game.

The psychic's sandstorm is a 5 second stunb:sad
    why cant wizzy sandstorm be a 5 second stun?
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • Xegeth - Dreamweaver
    Xegeth - Dreamweaver Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    The psychic's sandstorm is a 5 second stunb:sad
    why can wizzy sandstorm be a 5 second stun?

Because that would be ridiculously unfair? o.o

Undine -> Sleep -> Sandstorm -> Stunned -> Channel an ulti, get a sammich -> kill >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    Mosabi - Heavens Tear Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I figuered new classes will be OP as hell when they come out but as we learned from ALL other games and even Genie expansion is that NURF is something on the horizon for them no doubt..

So my plan is to roll a sin for a while but it will just be an alt my true main have and will always be this Wiz.....I just cant seem to play anything else no matter how hard I tried b:surrender
    Is Back once more.

sorry med school needs some time.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Because that would be ridiculously unfair? o.o

Undine -> Sleep -> Sandstorm -> Stunned -> Channel an ulti, get a sammich -> kill >.<

it would still be fun :P
    and i think psychic sandstorm is a 2spark skill...
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited December 2009

great point!

people stop the QQ about sandstorm. we were able to make most archers miss all attacks until the latest genie changes which removed the accuracy debuff from blinding sand.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    How ever1 can be so sure, that new classes will be OP? I don't think so. Lot of people has big expectation, but I think they will be disappointed. Dev are not so stupid. OP new classes=leaving people=less money. Ever1 cannot be tideborns.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Yeah! It COULD be possible we just wanna play the new classes because it's something new to try! Pessimistic jerkwads!b:angry
  • Delmarte - Lost City
    Delmarte - Lost City Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    There are concerns that assassins will make blademasters obsolete.

I think we should just wait and see how the classes play out. I see assassins as being similar to fist bms with stealth abilities and less DPS and psychics as hitting with neutral damage instead of elemental damage and some powerful add-ons (as well as lack thereof compared to wizards).

It'll make things interesting, and some classes will feel obsolete at first, but after a while we'll probably see that there are just some things that the Tideborn can't do that other classes can and that these classes are meant to compliment the PWI experience, not ruin it.

If not, then the developers will have to fix it in light of the thousands of angry emails they'll recieve. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If I'm here I'm bored or procrastinating. b:cute
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Psychics have a skill that reflects any form of damage back as physical damage.

LOL @ Wizards one shotting themselves.....but it doesnt reduce damage so the psychic would get one shot toob:surrender
  • AnnBoelyn - Dreamweaver
    AnnBoelyn - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    In response to the notion that all new classes will be overpowered and will make the former obselete, take a few moments to meditate on that possibility. Do you really think devs would make classes that
    could make others useless? Does that make sense? Why does everyone suppose that they will fit into the schema of other classes, don't you think, they'd bring to the table different styles? Every class is good at various things, the introduction of a new class should open doors to new things as well. It does not always have to encroach on others. IMO wizzy's will remain the best DD's of the game, pyschics and assassins will bring new facets to the game, as they should. Classes aren't upgraded, different ones are brought to the fore.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    no way will the psycics reflect debuff work in pvp

*poits at bramble* thats what you should expect

but ya deffinitly getting dragonfire on my geni to have any hope of getting through that turtle buff of theirs
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009

LOL @ Wizards one shotting themselves.....but it doesnt reduce damage so the psychic would get one shot toob:surrender

b:chuckle
    lol and barbs perdition themselves to death.
    xD
    and clerics tempest themselves to death.
    (>.<)'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xegeth - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009

LOL... Wiz sneaks up on psych, one shot psych, dies by reflect. Soem random lvl 20 nub walks by and collects the items dropped while both dead people complain. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    lol, that'll be funny as hell.
    learn2bind items

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    lol, that'll be funny as hell.
    learn2bind items
    +1
    no way will the psycics reflect debuff work in pvp

*poits at bramble* thats what you should expect

but ya deffinitly getting dragonfire on my geni to have any hope of getting through that turtle buff of theirs

it does work in pvp. Been confirmed. Its different from venos bramble because their's reduces damage. Psychic takes full damage but reflects it back as physical damage.
  • lamay256
    lamay256 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    This Concerns me because Im already part of a class considered underpowered by almost every other class.

35k crits @ 75 with no HF EP or frenzy and non sparked is underpowered?

b:chuckle
  • XXxXWoLfXxXx - Harshlands
    XXxXWoLfXxXx - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    im scared, i saw a video of a phychic tanking, a wizard that can tank doesnt sound very safe to other classes b:shocked
  • Xegeth - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    im scared, i saw a video of a phychic tanking, a wizard that can tank doesnt sound very safe to other classes b:shocked

We are the best tanks for magic bosses out there... b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lyzzern - Lost City
    Lyzzern - Lost City Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Why does everyone keep making posts to see what's the best class? That's pointless, you use the class you want.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2508297003&dateline=1263853257[/SIGPIC]
    Asoteric Runewolf just pwned you b:victory

(Yet another player who has quit this game :>; See you in Forsaken World)
  • Lacrimarine - Heavens Tear
    Lacrimarine - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    If I may voice my opinion... (I know I'm still low in levels) b:surrender

But here's what I think after reading those posts about the Tideborns. As wizards, I don't really think we could be overpowered. It's more like, it won't affect wizzies. That 'cloaking' and 'one-shot' skills of a sin might sound awesome but still, that's all about luck and your tactics in playing. The possibility that they'll be the best (nor there's any) in endgame or overpower other classes isn't supposed to be said until 9x/10x wizzies duel with the same levels of Tideborns. And I do doubt they could beat wizzies in normal attack (wizzies are to deliver massive damages even if they don't crit, that's a fact, not to mention their DoT or AoE when a sin do cloak himself). A wiz could simply undine and sutra combo before they even finish their channelling (I'm talking about endgame here though) b:surrender

My opinion stands still that wizzies are awesome the way they are and it worth the time spent on them. I'm going to make this my main so I'll get to see how much I could control my character and find out some strategies eventually.

As for experimenting, I think it's not really a bad idea to try the new races, as an alt, that is. And even if I do, I'll roll a psychic b:cute

Edit : New server... Now I might have to reconsider this >.<