Tideborn Make wiz even more underpowered?

2»

Comments

• BrownflameZ - Lost City
    BrownflameZ - Lost City Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    im scared, i saw a video of a phychic tanking, a wizard that can tank doesnt sound very safe to other classes b:shocked

http://www.pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=5e7cba1f0439b543

DID YOU JUST SAY IM NOT A TANK??
    /RAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
  • Moobysnax - Lost City
    Moobysnax - Lost City Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I think psych's will have the same kind of damage as a cleric rather than a wizard. Especially since the psych gets a lot more damage mitigation in the form of stuns and such. This is just a prediction I have no idea if it's true or not.
  • rose75rip
    rose75rip Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I don't care if Assassin's pwn Wizards. I still plan to roll a wizard on the new server because I like their skills......and the Tideborn doesn't have any guides out yet b:pleased.
  • datboilee
    datboilee Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Here is the deal for cleric vs psychic.

First of all.

Cleric will stack heal themselves before going for attack to keep them alive.
    Then use Sleep skill, Plume Shield before attacking psychic. Even with psychic phys reflect, plume shield got it cover for cleric. end of story. Cleric rule. :-)
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    datboilee wrote: »
    Here is the deal for cleric vs psychic.

First of all.

Cleric will stack heal themselves before going for attack to keep them alive.
    Then use Sleep skill, Plume Shield before attacking psychic. Even with psychic phys reflect, plume shield got it cover for cleric. end of story. Cleric rule. :-)

Soulburn.

Game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I dont think we'll see a Psychics full potential until level 100. Psychics will probably only do similar or slightly more single target damage with Voodoo on than mages. We really dont know though.. all this speculation is annoying
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Wizzies are underpowered? O_O
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    http://www.pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=5e7cba1f0439b543

DID YOU JUST SAY IM NOT A TANK??
    /RAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

b:shocked
    having that kind of gear right now would mean....you make a better tank then 90% (mayhaps more) of teh barb population.
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Damaged - Lost City
    Damaged - Lost City Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    GL killing mages with only water and earth attacks

We win

Cy@~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • aure22
    aure22 Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Wizard is not underpowered, lol. Peeps are amazed when i nuke...
  • stickyfingerz
    stickyfingerz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    So, I made an assasin and have been able to observe many of the lowbie psychics in action.

2 things I have noticed:
    1. I see alot of them one shotting mobs (non sac assualt or weak) already. As a wiz I didnt do much of this until I hit my late 70's-80 (when i started upping my crit % via gear)

2. They get a knockback/interrupt skill AT LVL 19!!!!!! Wouldve been nice to have one of those as a wiz before ,hrmm, lvl 39!!

That being said they wont replace wizzies, but it does seem like they will have a much easier time leveling than we all did. Unfair?? Not really.. but still kinda lame for those that put hard work and effort getting our wizzies past the suckage stage
  • BrownflameZ - Lost City
    BrownflameZ - Lost City Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    So, I made an assasin and have been able to observe many of the lowbie psychics in action.

2 things I have noticed:
    1. I see alot of them one shotting mobs (non sac assualt or weak) already. As a wiz I didnt do much of this until I hit my late 70's-80 (when i started upping my crit % via gear)

2. They get a knockback/interrupt skill AT LVL 19!!!!!! Wouldve been nice to have one of those as a wiz before ,hrmm, lvl 39!!

That being said they wont replace wizzies, but it does seem like they will have a much easier time leveling than we all did. Unfair?? Not really.. but still kinda lame for those that put hard work and effort getting our wizzies past the suckage stage

It's already been established that the Devs of PWI are **** bags when it comes to mages.