"What's the best class?" >.>

Options
Zanryu - Dreamweaver
Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Arigora Colosseum
I feel like ending all threads that ask "which class is the best for PvP?".

This is the only true answer. Each class can beat every other class, it just depends who's more skilled with the class they play. Gear is a major factor, as are genies, the level of the skilsl used, and the weapon, but the point is...

NO CLASS IS COMPLETELY BETTER THAN ALL OTHERS, EACH HAS AN EQUAL CHANCE TO COMPETE IN PVP.

Thanks for you're time b:bye
Post edited by Zanryu - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Lilxifire - Harshlands
    Lilxifire - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Veno is the best b:victory
    I don't have any event stuff on my veno and I'm lvl 93.
    However I can kill 9x barbs/bms/wizzys/archers and most times 10x also most of them have nearly all event stuff b:chuckle
    Or maybe its because Im just a skilled veno..
    I dunno b:laugh

Yes your right most of them do have a chance to compete PvP though.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Then I commend you on your PvP skills, it's nice to know someone has some real skill. Then again if you're using a nix to fight with what you claim to do isn't all that impressive. Either way good job.
  • jadeouro
    jadeouro Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Well good player with good equips can beat any class lower lvl/same lvl/slightly higher lvl almost everytime.

But overall taking out the player skill factor here's how I see it after all my PW experience (regarding 1 vs 1 free pk):

Blademaster - Good early game, good middle game, worst endgame.

Wizard - Worst early game, worst middle game, best endgame.

Barbarian - Average early game, good middle game, very good endgame.

Venomancer (with nix) - Very good early game, very good middle game, good endgame.

Archer - Best early game, best middle game, average endgame.

Cleric - Good early game, good middle game, average endgame.

PREDICTIONS FOR NEW CLASSES:

Assassin - (probably a mirror image of a fist blademaster) Good early game, Good middle game, bad/worst endgame.

Psychic - (assuming the damage is around what a veno can do) Good early game, average middle game, average endgame.

Early game-lvl 30(pk enabled)->lvl59(start getting ultimate skills)
    Middle game-lvl 59->lvl 89(demon/sage paths)
    Endgame-lvl 89->105(max lvl)
  • dimi3
    dimi3 Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    well first of all...did u ever had an archer higher than lvl 80?...they own!! of course they#re not the best but with theier cris and pure dex builds they kill pretty much everything, njot to mention the demon skills. even barbs weren't a prob for me8not everyone) some were persistent but archers do have mag skills. so the thing with the "avarage endgame" is not true. archers have a hard time at first since a pure build(a real pvp archer) is pretty vurnerable but at the end they are pretty good.

and now for ur prediction...well assasin is more like an archer just close combat. so i guess they will be pretty good at endgame since the cloak skill will be used even in combat at late lvls....as well as cris and dex....so not even clsoe to a bm. dunno bout psychic though since i'm not interested in them.....want to make a assasin myself ^^

p.s i dont wanna make the archer as a god class^^ i'm just saying that they are pretty good at endgame...own experience^^
  • jadeouro
    edited December 2009
    Options
    dimi3 wrote: »
    well first of all...did u ever had an archer higher than lvl 80?...they own!! of course they#re not the best but with theier cris and pure dex builds they kill pretty much everything, njot to mention the demon skills. even barbs weren't a prob for me8not everyone) some were persistent but archers do have mag skills. so the thing with the "avarage endgame" is not true. archers have a hard time at first since a pure build(a real pvp archer) is pretty vurnerable but at the end they are pretty good.

and now for ur prediction...well assasin is more like an archer just close combat. so i guess they will be pretty good at endgame since the cloak skill will be used even in combat at late lvls....as well as cris and dex....so not even clsoe to a bm. dunno bout psychic though since i'm not interested in them.....want to make a assasin myself ^^

p.s i dont wanna make the archer as a god class^^ i'm just saying that they are pretty good at endgame...own experience^^

Everything I've said was how I saw things. I played 2 versions of PW, but I can be wrong. The thing about archers is that you can be good endgame but you need good equips, more than any other class. A +8 bow will of course make you a real force, but a wizard or cleric can be dangerous even with poor equip. Archers are very good if you have the cash.

As for assassin, believe me, I want to like it but when I look at the cons I lose my faith. Low hp, lower damage than a wizard, archer and cleric for sure. You'll see in the skill description that it misses the "+ XXX% weapon damage". So I believe he will hit the same as a BM, which frankly isn't enough. I heard rumors that he is not going to have DEX based damage. So it means his daggers will need about 5str every 2 lvls. So his crit rate will not be the same as an archer. Also he has almost no range attacks and he can be kited. Endgame magic classes just get too much HP and physical def. and hit too hard and the assassin doesn't have the HP of the barb to turn the tables.

I hope I'm wrong. I for one I have some hopes for the psy but depends on how efficient is the damage reflect.
  • Vivre - Harshlands
    Vivre - Harshlands Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    jadeouro wrote: »

Venomancer (with nix) - Very good early game, very good middle game, good endgame.

I haven't quite gotten to the end game levels but I disagree on the Cleric line. The class is a whole lot stronger than it gets credit for. In both early and mid game, I have -never- gotten killed by a same or slightly higher lvl archer, bm, barb, or non-nix veno. I think in early and mid, nix venos are by far the natural strongest. The rest really depends on a character's build and focus.

Edit: I think:
    Venomancer (with nix) - Best early game, Best middle game, ? endgame.

Archer - average early game, average middle game, ? endgame.

Cleric - Good early game, good middle game, ? endgame.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    What is this 'res' you speak of? b:cute
  • Lilxifire - Harshlands
    Lilxifire - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    dimi3 wrote: »

Well my archer is level 85 and Zanryu it isn't just about the nix, sure it'll deal damage but a 10x wiz etc aint exactly just gonna stand and take it lol, also you gotta watch nix's hp, cast skills etc according to who your fighting b:chuckle

oh and my set on veno is all +2, there sets are like +10 lunar weapons etc lol and I use a requiem sword or whatever its called b:sad
  • jadeouro
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I haven't quite gotten to the end game levels but I disagree on the Cleric line. The class is a whole lot stronger than it gets credit for. In both early and mid game, I have -never- gotten killed by a same or slightly higher lvl archer, bm, barb, or non-nix veno. I think in early and mid, nix venos are by far the natural strongest. The rest really depends on a character's build and focus.

Edit: I think:
    Venomancer (with nix) - Best early game, Best middle game, ? endgame.

Archer - average early game, average middle game, ? endgame.

Cleric - Good early game, good middle game, ? endgame.

Well I know for a fact that archers are better than average.b:chuckle As for clerics I can't place them right. I saw very good ones and I saw some getting crushed 1 on 1. I guess cleric is the most player skill dependent class. It can either be really good or really bad.
  • Sewagerat - Lost City
    Sewagerat - Lost City Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    The best class is Chuck Norris.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] b:shocked OMG HERB!!!!!!
  • jadeouro
    edited December 2009
    Options
    The best class is Chuck Norris.

Sleep+debuff+Tempest=RIP Chuck Norris.b:victory
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Sleep+debuff+Tempest=RIP Chuck = chuck norris's 3rd fist to the face. Norris.b:victory

xD
    lols~
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I know it's not about the nix only, but over 50% of the time when a veno has a nix they have almost no idea about how to PvP. To them it's "OMG! I got a **** bird that lets me pwn!" so they send in the pet and just press keys. I do love running into skilled nix venos though, they're so fun! lil if you're skilled with your nix, and don't let it do all the work then I'm proud for you bud, because I don't really see that very often.b:surrender
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Assassin is like a wizard, so expect it to play the same.
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • jadeouro
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Assassin is like a wizard, so expect it to play the same.

How's that?b:shocked

Wiz=WTFdamage (basic magic attack+100-500%weapon+WTFhuge bonus damage).
    Sin=basic physical damage(which is lower than mag and misses)+not that great bonus damage).

Wiz=pew pew from afar.
    Sin=poke poke hand to hand.

Wiz=undine strike+sutra combo/ungodly ultimate.
    Sin=assume fetal position and scream for mommy.
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    b:bored wow thats cool! >___< I've always loved arguing which class was the best but I think this thread changed my mind.... >.>.... b:cute
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Stop arguing about a class that hasn't even been released yet and will most likely have changes to its skills within two months. But feel free to argue about the classes already out, even though it's pointless since each class has a good chance against all other classes. It just depends on the skill of the player.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    How's that?b:shocked

Wiz=WTFdamage (basic magic attack+100-500%weapon+WTFhuge bonus damage).
    Sin=basic physical damage(which is lower than mag and misses)+not that great bonus damage).

Wiz=pew pew from afar.
    Sin=poke poke hand to hand.

Wiz=undine strike+sutra combo/ungodly ultimate.
    Sin=assume fetal position and scream for mommy.

The assassin stats are the same as a wizards stats. Same pvp ability, same grinding ability, same difficulty of play etc. Just wiz is magic and psy is melee. And both are squishy
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    The assassin stats are the same as a wizards stats. Same pvp ability, same grinding ability, same difficulty of play etc. Just wiz is magic and psy is melee. And both are squishy

No, the Assassin is more like a archer because they both use light armor, both have Dex like builds (Info came from Korren) and both have high crits. But assassins are melee not ranged.

So, yes you may be true on some statements but wrong on others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Stop arguing about a class that hasn't even been released yet and will most likely have changes to its skills within two months. But feel free to argue about the classes already out, even though it's pointless since each class has a good chance against all other classes. It just depends on the skill of the player.

True every class can go against every other class.

But, some harder to kill than others counting of what class you are and who you are fighting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Options
    [/B]
    [/U][/COLOR]
    True every class can go against every other class.

But, some harder to kill than others counting of what class you are and who you are fighting.

True, some classes are harder to beat than others but that does sort of tie into my point because it takes skill to beat them.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I feel like ending all threads that ask "which class is the best for PvP?".

This is the only true answer. Each class can beat every other class, it just depends who's more skilled with the class they play. Gear is a major factor, as are genies, the level of the skilsl used, and the weapon, but the point is...

NO CLASS IS COMPLETELY BETTER THAN ALL OTHERS, EACH HAS AN EQUAL CHANCE TO COMPETE IN PVP.

Thanks for you're time b:bye

That is complete bs lol. There are some classes that are better than others in pvp endgame, even with same gear and lvls, you will never have an equal chance to compete in pvp playing the wrong class.

I wanna see a cleric having a fair and equal fight against a fully geared endgame hell barb with 50% crit after using onslaught and than doing 30k dmg with ToP Armageddon LOL. Or a Bm trying to beat a rank 8 wizards without getting 1-3 shoot.

I never seen a MMO where classes are balanced tho so its to be expected that some classes are slightly more beneficial to play in pvp.
  • Jeran - Harshlands
    Jeran - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Well good player with good equips can beat any class lower lvl/same lvl/slightly higher lvl almost everytime.

But overall taking out the player skill factor here's how I see it after all my PW experience (regarding 1 vs 1 free pk):

PREDICTIONS FOR NEW CLASSES:

Assassin - (probably a mirror image of a fist blademaster) Good early game, Good middle game, bad/worst endgame.

Psychic - (assuming the damage is around what a veno can do) Good early game, average middle game, average endgame.

Early game-lvl 30(pk enabled)->lvl59(start getting ultimate skills)
    Middle game-lvl 59->lvl 89(demon/sage paths)
    Endgame-lvl 89->105(max lvl)
    Honey I don't exactly know where you get this list of bulls from but saying fist BM is best at the beginning and worst at the end is the dullest thing you've said in your life, b:angry please dont write something if you dont even know exactly what the class can do XD also, BM can use LA or HA, so again your opinion is sh***d, as for a being a fist BM myself with LA I take any wiz, cleric n veno my level or even higher
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    in terms of PK power it goes

wizard -> barb -> nix veno -> archer/bm -> cleric.
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jadeouro
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Honey I don't exactly know where you get this list of bulls from but saying fist BM is best at the beginning and worst at the end is the dullest thing you've said in your life, b:angry please dont write something if you dont even know exactly what the class can do XD also, BM can use LA or HA, so again your opinion is sh***d, as for a being a fist BM myself with LA I take any wiz, cleric n veno my level or even higher

I's so happy that things turned out good for your fist BM. As for your little rage outburst I've seen better so it doesn't impress me. My observations were made after a long time spent in this game so I may know a thing or two. And by no mean I said that ALL BMS are pure fail, I think you'll find in my posts that I've said that player skill can raise the succes rate of any class. Please reframe from petty flaming. Kaytnxbye.

PS I/m not your "honey".
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Options
    That is complete bs lol. There are some classes that are better than others in pvp endgame, even with same gear and lvls, you will never have an equal chance to compete in pvp playing the wrong class.

I wanna see a cleric having a fair and equal fight against a fully geared endgame hell barb with 50% crit after using onslaught and than doing 30k dmg with ToP Armageddon LOL. Or a Bm trying to beat a rank 8 wizards without getting 1-3 shoot.

I never seen a MMO where classes are balanced tho so its to be expected that some classes are slightly more beneficial to play in pvp.

You can't use one player out of the whole class to try and prove a point. Obviously there will be some players that are good at their class and can beat others no matter what class they are, but that ties into my point that each class is good at PvP and has an equal chance to win, it just depends on the skill of the player. If you're going to try to prove me wrong, at least say something that doesn't back up what I post.

Even if there is a certain order of power, that doesn't mean general worst of the classes can't take down the best. Even at this level, though it's not end game, I can beat Archers, Blademasters, and Barbarians which are supposed to be able to take down the arcane classes relatively easy.
  • Lance_Dragon - Lost City
    Lance_Dragon - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

Stickygreen gets pwn'd by clerics so LolHeMad
    b:chuckle[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:shutup
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I's so happy that things turned out good for your fist BM. As for your little rage outburst I've seen better so it doesn't impress me. My observations were made after a long time spent in this game so I may know a thing or two. And by no mean I said that ALL BMS are pure fail, I think you'll find in my posts that I've said that player skill can raise the succes rate of any class. Please reframe from petty flaming. Kaytnxbye.

PS I/m not your "honey".

well considering that bm is a skill based class....

like how your best > worst rating is

classes that can CS to win > clases who cant

its almost like being a bm takes skill timing etc

also yes a fist bm past 9x can hit you rediculously hard

past 99? fisters get an even higher power boost than wizzies here
    (demon cyclone heel lionheart ashura split set striking dragons)

meh havent noticed and big differance in pvp power lvl in classes so far outside of some getting more from CSing...player skill > your ignorance
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Jittery - Lost City
    Jittery - Lost City Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

wizard -> barb -> nix veno -> archer/bm -> cleric.[/QUOT

im not endgame lvl but from what ive seen as long as you have really good gear and learn to use your class effectivly you have a pretty decent chance against any other class. I do agree with tigerlily though that some endgame classes are better than others in pvp, but tbh i get into a lot more mass pvp than 1 v 1 pvp so i think that you have to take that into consideration as well. also, i havnt seen a mage with rank 8 yet....so im not worried about them bc they must be pretty rare. plus, as a veno-if you get hell ironwood and it prox-and i have nix-your dead even if your a 10x barb bc you have no p. def at all. <
    this is what ive been told by higher lvls^^
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Best class????

the best class is.....
    the.....
    All Class Hamster~~!!
    Yay~~~
    b:pleased

Go Free one Nao~
    DO IT~~!
    b:angry
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NPH - Harshlands
    NPH - Harshlands Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    With GOOD gear, barbs and wiz's at end-game lvls, are the best pkers. I don't die to my lvls in pvp unless Im ganked, Yea, some classes are harder to kill then others, but in the end, if you are a good player and know the role of your class, you win.