The Concept of Unstoppable

Comments

• Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Respect has to be earned... and is easily lost. What it means to one.. means something different to another...

Not everyone has to respect other such guilds if they dont chooose to do so. And just bc one faction takes over a map doesnt mean other factions or other players have to respect them for doing so. Friendships take time to build and can be lost even faster.

Do I like Cala? I dont have a problem with Cala as a whole no. I dont persay like some in the faction. Do I have to respect what they say, do, or even feel? Nope. Thats what makes me.. well ME b:chuckle

b:bye Sazzy.
    You're right. We have our a-holes, you guys have yours. Every other guild on the server has them in prolly the same member/a-hole ratio. What makes ours and yours stand out more is the guild name above their head. PPL won't remember 6packJoe fking them up in a BH/FB/TT run, but they will always remember someone from Cala/EQ fked them up and they'll pass that info to others.
    Honestly, I've said it before and I will say it again: I have nothing but respect for 99% of the Equinox members I know. I have a lot of them in my friend list. Same with Armagedon. PPL I 1 shot Friday in TW and chatted with on Saturday while we were both mediating and building chi in Jail room in cube( and we didn't even talk about TW, but builds, dmg , gear , weapons, weather). I always give props where the case. Hate towards Equinox? why? they did nothing personally to us except giving us a run for the money each week-end, at least twice.
    Win or lose, I just hope we'll have at least as interesting TWs as we had so far. We always won but you guys were so close so many times. Once you find that something extra, whatever it will come from (gear, organization, etc) you guys will win. I don't doubt that moment will come, but I'll do all I can to delay it as much as possible b:cute

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sazzy - Dreamweaver
    Sazzy - Dreamweaver Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    b:bye Sazzy.
    You're right. We have our a-holes, you guys have yours. Every other guild on the server has them in prolly the same member/a-hole ratio. What makes ours and yours stand out more is the guild name above their head. PPL won't remember 6packJoe fking them up in a BH/FB/TT run, but they will always remember someone from Cala/EQ fked them up and they'll pass that info to others.
    Honestly, I've said it before and I will say it again: I have nothing but respect for 99% of the Equinox members I know. I have a lot of them in my friend list. Same with Armagedon. PPL I 1 shot Friday in TW and chatted with on Saturday while we were both mediating and building chi in Jail room in cube( and we didn't even talk about TW, but builds, dmg , gear , weapons, weather). I always give props where the case. Hate towards Equinox? why? they did nothing personally to us except giving us a run for the money each week-end, at least twice.
    Win or lose, I just hope we'll have at least as interesting TWs as we had so far. We always won but you guys were so close so many times. Once you find that something extra, whatever it will come from (gear, organization, etc) you guys will win. I don't doubt that moment will come, but I'll do all I can to delay it as much as possible b:cute

I absolutely agree with you. I still have and will be always friends with alot of great ppl from cala. I am the same way as you. I can be in Rb right before TW with cala friends and just because I go into TW and kill/attack them.. that shouldnt change our friendship. TW for me is fun, its a way to PK without the fear of losing my gear, I dont waste money on GAs. Do I hate these ppl bc they kill me in TW? No. I have had the opportunity to be in both factions and I did enjoy my time there in Cala for the most part. A few made my time there miserable, but overall I loved being there. But going back to the post I origionally commented on... Do I have to respect Cala bc of their position on the map? No. Respect is earned not given bc of power or position.

<3b:victory
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I absolutely agree with you. I still have and will be always friends with alot of great ppl from cala. I am the same way as you. I can be in Rb right before TW with cala friends and just because I go into TW and kill/attack them.. that shouldnt change our friendship. TW for me is fun, its a way to PK without the fear of losing my gear, I dont waste money on GAs. Do I hate these ppl bc they kill me in TW? No. I have had the opportunity to be in both factions and I did enjoy my time there in Cala for the most part. A few made my time there miserable, but overall I loved being there. But going back to the post I origionally commented on... Do I have to respect Cala bc of their position on the map? No. Respect is earned not given bc of power or position.

<3b:victory

ewww....its Sazzy
    <3
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Sazzy - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    ewww....its Sazzy
    <3

b:chuckle You know u miss hanging out with me b:chuckle
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    Andres - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Today's TW was very fun and living proof that we can be stopped, if this would've been EQ defense (which happens tomorrow) default victory would've been theirs. Great fight Sazzy, I hate dying to your barrages b:cry see you guys on the other side tomorrow, hope it can be just as fun as this one was. Cheers.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    We came, we saw, we painted it red.
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • rinuruc
    rinuruc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    as soon as theres over 500 ppl level 100plus, so that not everyone can join cala XD
    than there will be equi attracting all highlevel ppl, and some other factions too,...
  • Sazzy - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    rinuruc wrote: »
    as soon as theres over 500 ppl level 100plus, so that not everyone can join cala XD
    than there will be equi attracting all highlevel ppl, and some other factions too,...

Thats not particularly true... We get alot of ppl to join EQ that are decently higher lvl also. I feel that we are growing as a faction and have become quite competitive in TWs.

On the Flip side, Lots of people have been seen leaving Cala. Those ppl tend to go towards other factions.
  • Sazzy - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Today's TW was very fun and living proof that we can be stopped, if this would've been EQ defense (which happens tomorrow) default victory would've been theirs. Great fight Sazzy, I hate dying to your barrages b:cry see you guys on the other side tomorrow, hope it can be just as fun as this one was. Cheers.

Awww :(

Tip* Don't wander into my barrage b:cute
  • Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    On the Flip side, Lots of people have been seen leaving Cala. Those ppl tend to go towards other factions.

I don't think 3 people in last 2 weeks count as a lot.
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
  • Crazy_Panda - Dreamweaver
    Crazy_Panda - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    omph wrote: »
    ....The purpose of this post is simply masturbation, the playing with possibilities over an issue I feel should be regarded.

HE SAID MASTURBATION LOOOOOOL b:laughb:chuckle
  • rinuruc
    rinuruc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    HE SAID MASTURBATION LOOOOOOL b:laughb:chuckle

oh noez u said it too,...
    /BAN

/ontopic,... 3 ppl in a week? does that mean net 3 ppl,... or 6 ppl joining and 3 leaving?
  • Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    rinuruc wrote: »
    oh noez u said it too,...
    /BAN

/ontopic,... 3 ppl in a week? does that mean net 3 ppl,... or 6 ppl joining and 3 leaving?

i mean 3 people left within the 2 weeks, one of them is back though.
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
  • Kyrinia - Dreamweaver
    Kyrinia - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    The dragon temple event started recently, and when I heard that it was pretty much just a pk fest that calamity and eq owns, and that you get some nice stuff in there unless you are in another faction, the word "unstoppable" came to mind.

When the nerds in my faction factored up Cala paychecks, "unstoppable" also came to mind

When people stopped even bothering to attack Calamity for a few weeks because it would be a waste, it came to mind again.

And it's really easy to get depressed on this game if you think about things like that. Doing the math and realizing that this guy from calamity has 3 citrine gems on his hat, (his hat!) which is worth 10x what you have EVER done, yeah, you could say you feel too weak to ever do anything.

And then somehow, fighting dragoonz in TW was fun. What a strange game.
  • Kireina - Dreamweaver
    Kireina - Dreamweaver Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    When the nerds in my faction factored up Cala paychecks, "unstoppable" also came to mind

Paychecks? Do you really think the gain from TW makes us rich? When divided over all the TWers, we get about enough to buy ourselves supplies for the next TWs. Not much is left over.
    [SIGPIC]lol[/SIGPIC]
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    The dragon temple event started recently, and when I heard that it was pretty much just a pk fest that calamity and eq owns, and that you get some nice stuff in there unless you are in another faction, the word "unstoppable" came to mind.

When people stopped even bothering to attack Calamity for a few weeks because it would be a waste, it came to mind again.

And it's really easy to get depressed on this game if you think about things like that. Doing the math and realizing that this guy from calamity has 3 citrine gems on his hat, (his hat!) which is worth 10x what you have EVER done, yeah, you could say you feel too weak to ever do anything.

... seriously we get very little cause everything factored in our charms our apoc our potions plus we need money to bid next week which makes less pay for each person all in all we dont get much outta it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009

hmmm.....

Im curious as to why cala members make so little.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • Narn_Taborin - Dreamweaver
    Narn_Taborin - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    No one mentions much about the good in people/factions, and a LOT of people talk about the bad.

Simple answer to this. From spending the last 10 years working in Customer Service, I can tell you that it's a generally accepted rule that if a customer gets good service from your company (read faction for PWI) they will, on average, tell one other person. If they get bad service, they will, on average, tell four other people. And so you get the 80/20 rule - in order to "break even" so to speak, you have to impress four times as many people as you upset. And if you want to develop a good reputation, you have to do better than that.

Damn... if anyone ever sees me put real life stuff in this forum again, you have my permission to come find me and kick my **** in a duel b:chuckle
    Wizard's First Rule:

People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true.

Cleric's First Rule:

Those who die through their own stupidity, goes to town. 'Nuff said.
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I would very much like to know if the land pays out on a daily basis or weekly? i.e. once per day or once per week?

Given the charm, apoc costs if the TW cash covers it for all of the TWers and even the bidding costs...I wouldnt call it little at all.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    I would very much like to know if the land pays out on a daily basis or weekly? i.e. once per day or once per week?

Given the charm, apoc costs if the TW cash covers it for all of the TWers and even the bidding costs...I wouldnt call it little at all.

Cala gets 420mil every week
    for those people who like zeros,

420,000,000b:cute
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Thanks Mizuoni,

Wow thats a nice lumpsome amount :) (if a single person used it).

And dividing that by 200 (if there are 200 members) would be like

2.1 mils per person per week. Maybe take away 100k (100k x 200 = 20 million) for using in bids, etc. So thats like still 2 mils a week. If bids need more than I guess u can take a little more.

Hmm this wouldnt make a single person way too rich but would be a good help in taking care of some of the costs.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Thanks Mizuoni,

Wow thats a nice lumpsome amount :) (if a single person used it).

And dividing that by 200 (if there are 200 members) would be like

2.1 mils per person per week. Maybe take away 100k (100k x 200 = 20 million) for using in bids, etc. So thats like still 2 mils a week. If bids need more than I guess u can take a little more.

Hmm this wouldnt make a single person way too rich but would be a good help in taking care of some of the costs.

Interesting...
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Cala gets 420mil every week
    for those people who like zeros,

420,000,000b:cute

yeh and lets just say that like 3,3m my lvl if u attend all. I can say thats VERY easy used in tw. had 2m loss 1 weekend on chharms costs.
    sur eit help cover, but it only jsut cover, not making us rich rly..
    do a TT instead of TW would give more positive
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    yeh and lets just say that like 3,3m my lvl if u attend all. I can say thats VERY easy used in tw. had 2m loss 1 weekend on chharms costs.
    sur eit help cover, but it only jsut cover, not making us rich rly..
    do a TT instead of TW would give more positive

ya ya ya we know Heartstone,
    Kan I haz barb back ride b:cute
  • Sazzy - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    ya ya ya we know Heartstone,
    Kan I haz barb back ride b:cute

OH meeeeee Too plz b:kissb:thanks
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    Andres - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    some TW vs EQ have costed our barbs 2-3 gold guardian charms b:shocked disregarding apoth, potions, and any other class based cost.

This weekend TW will be an expensive one, not just because the number of wars but because tower firepower of a lvl 2 territory... last time we attacked EQ on Archosaur (2 months ago) took us well over 2 hours and they are obviously stronger and better organized than before, judging by the lenght and how close our latest wars were. it'll be a fun weekend, good luck to everyone b:surrender
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    We came, we saw, we painted it red.
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Yorkin - Dreamweaver
    Yorkin - Dreamweaver Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Thru the eyes of a future scientist (Heavens preserve me XD), yes. Gears, levels and propaganda... all of these categories are under their iron fist. Taking into account the number or territories on the map, the very fact that territorial wars take on during weekend, and that Equinox is, probably, about to loose Etherblade - their bastion, Calamity is quite unstoppable at the moment.

I don't have any experience at territorial wars, in fact I've never seen one, so I cannot talk about it. However, propaganda is a powerful psychological tool. And you know what is the irony? It is us who are making this propaganda for them b:laugh. We are their own weapons of sort and they don't even have to wield us directly. They just let us go talking about them. So that should be one of your major points of strike as well. Of course, as you continously succeed in retaking and holding their territories, new propaganda will emerge on its own.

I don't know guys from within, but for such big territorial empire, I would expect one hell of a organization. Perhaps that is what Equinox is missing.

But then again... who am I to jugde? b:chuckle

For the time being, Calamity is unstoppable. But all empires must come to their ends.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A small tribute to elven mathematician from a human physicist. b:pleased

Yorkin - The Retired Wizard
  • Illyana - Dreamweaver
    Illyana - Dreamweaver Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    *bump* b:cute
    5.0 "Pure" 8jun Sage Clawrcher of Dreamweaver
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Thru the eyes of a future scientist (Heavens preserve me XD), yes. Gears, levels and propaganda... all of these categories are under their iron fist. Taking into account the number or territories on the map, the very fact that territorial wars take on during weekend, and that Equinox is, probably, about to loose Etherblade - their bastion, Calamity is quite unstoppable at the moment.

I don't have any experience at territorial wars, in fact I've never seen one, so I cannot talk about it. However, propaganda is a powerful psychological tool. And you know what is the irony? It is us who are making this propaganda for them b:laugh. We are their own weapons of sort and they don't even have to wield us directly. They just let us go talking about them. So that should be one of your major points of strike as well. Of course, as you continously succeed in retaking and holding their territories, new propaganda will emerge on its own.

I don't know guys from within, but for such big territorial empire, I would expect one hell of a organization. Perhaps that is what Equinox is missing.

But then again... who am I to jugde?

For the time being, Calamity is unstoppable. But all empires must come to their ends.

do you want to edit that b:cute

P.S. </3 DaCapo's nix b:cryb:surrender
  • Kireina - Dreamweaver
    Kireina - Dreamweaver Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited December 2009

do you want to edit that b:cute

P.S. </3 DaCapo's nix b:cryb:surrender

How ironic to post that after victory on a single territory. A territory, mind you, that was yours not too long ago in the first place. Let's see if victory is something that you can repeat frequently.
    [SIGPIC]lol[/SIGPIC]
  • Azazel - Dreamweaver
    Azazel - Dreamweaver Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    let our ego run free darn it, it does not happen all the time TT.TT