A picture speaks a thousand words.

2»

Comments

• Cirdan - Lost City
    Cirdan - Lost City Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    So then just another player who does not know how to use their class b:surrender

I agree. It's one thing to oracle a cleric, barb, or BM or other class just for a buff or to help you out in a party that's missing a class, but if you are rerolling to play a different class as your main character oracles aren't the way to be pro at that class.

edit: HI Rose^^
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I agree. It's one thing to oracle a cleric, barb, or BM or other class just for a buff or to help you out in a party that's missing a class, but if you are rerolling to play a different class as your main character oracles aren't the way to be pro at that class.

edit: HI Rose^^

b:cute HI Cirdan!!!

I think the WORST thing anyone could do is Oracle these new classes. MORE so because they are brand new.

I want to learn to play the right way doing all the crappy grinding and quests. The only way one will know!! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    too bad your character wont be on lost city. i think ill be camping oracles the first month of the expansion.

let me join you.
    b:sin
    b:beg
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gaara_Chuko - Heavens Tear
    Gaara_Chuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    this may sound lame but i think a great player is not the one that lvl's up fast i think a great player is the one that haves fun and does not rush through the game to get to "endgame" tho i dont think pve is the best way to enjoy the game but i wont judge anyone for that.i am truly a pvp player i live up every single 1v1 know what i have to get better in and at the same time learn about that other class.as i have been a pvp player since i first started pwi in my bm right now im considered a threat for lvl 60's not that i can say the same thing about my bm.. so when i lose a duel or something i dont get mad i get inspired to get better cause i think those that bring excuses when they lose or insult the other one is a bad loser.anyways pvp is my way to have fun in pwi but even tho im a pvp player i dont rush through the lvl's that is all.
    bm lvl 96 rairen-HT- retired

barb lvl 73 Gaara_Chuko-HT-Adiuvo

barb lvl 62 Criminal-RT- lolwut
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9020987004&dateline=1270908642[/SIGPIC]
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    this may sound lame but i think a great player is not the one that lvl's up fast i think a great player is the one that haves fun and does not rush through the game to get to "endgame" tho i dont think pve is the best way to enjoy the game but i wont judge anyone for that.i am truly a pvp player i live up every single 1v1 know what i have to get better in and at the same time learn about that other class.as i have been a pvp player since i first started pwi in my bm right now im considered a threat for lvl 60's not that i can say the same thing about my bm.. so when i lose a duel or something i dont get mad i get inspired to get better cause i think those that bring excuses when they lose or insult the other one is a bad loser.anyways pvp is my way to have fun in pwi but even tho im a pvp player i dont rush through the lvl's that is all.
    yes, you're a great PvP performer! I guess you're not banned right now because you managed to kill no-one inside cube's buggy PvP enabled zone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Gaara_Chuko - Heavens Tear
    Gaara_Chuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    yes, you're a great PvP performer! I guess you're not banned right now because you managed to kill no-one inside cube's buggy PvP enabled zone.

lol were uv been? i guess ur more of a caveman i was never banned for THAT one.anyways i was lvl 41 get it right before u talk smartass its not my fault ur frustrated let others enjoy the game. TY that is all.
    bm lvl 96 rairen-HT- retired

barb lvl 73 Gaara_Chuko-HT-Adiuvo

barb lvl 62 Criminal-RT- lolwut
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9020987004&dateline=1270908642[/SIGPIC]
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    well geez RAWR much?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    Kitsuneh - Lost City Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Apparently he is saving them to raise a tideborn character.
    Where's the fun of playing new class when you are high lvl immediately? People who do powerlevelling in order to be highest lvl player in game have serious problems... Maybe a social onesb:sad
    Thank god I don't have this kind of problems.
  • ROFLMAOMFG - Lost City
    ROFLMAOMFG - Lost City Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Hmm...Well time for my two cents ^^

There is nothing wrong with using oracles to level. I wish I could do it :<
    In the long run, it could hurt your ability to perform in TW, and maybe a little random world map pvp, but thats about it. It's not hard to learn how to use proper skills at the proper time; it's a basic trial and error learning system. One combo works once, doesn't work again, reflect, alter and succeed.

People QQ'ing about oracle leveled chars are either jealous that they can't get their own chars up that fast, or really believe that it's a bad idea, and will create fail characters. That's not a fair way of thinking, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

As far as the tideborn are concerned, it seems that people think an oracled assassin/psychic is going to be fail because the player won't know how to play the class like a pro. Well, all I have to say about that is that the player will know more about how to play their oracled tideborn than any other player will know how to defend against them. It doesn't matter if an assassin is 90 in a month and doesn't quite have the mastery of all his skills if no one has seen one in action before. It's a pretty fair advantage on both sides I'd say.

-ROFL
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    Kitsuneh - Lost City Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Hmm...Well time for my two cents ^^

There is nothing wrong with using oracles to level. I wish I could do it :<
    In the long run, it could hurt your ability to perform in TW, and maybe a little random world map pvp, but thats about it. It's not hard to learn how to use proper skills at the proper time; it's a basic trial and error learning system. One combo works once, doesn't work again, reflect, alter and succeed.

People QQ'ing about oracle leveled chars are either jealous that they can't get their own chars up that fast, or really believe that it's a bad idea, and will create fail characters. That's not a fair way of thinking, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

As far as the tideborn are concerned, it seems that people think an oracled assassin/psychic is going to be fail because the player won't know how to play the class like a pro. Well, all I have to say about that is that the player will know more about how to play their oracled tideborn than any other player will know how to defend against them. It doesn't matter if an assassin is 90 in a month and doesn't quite have the mastery of all his skills if no one has seen one in action before. It's a pretty fair advantage on both sides I'd say.

-ROFL

I dont see your point. How can oracle char be in advantage if other player has played 3 months and he knows how every skill works? I would beat 8x oracle veno anytime.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    So then just another player who does not know how to use their class b:surrender
    Even sadder, pple will think the noob way is the norm way
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited December 2009
    now THATZ sad

• Cirdan - Lost City
    Cirdan - Lost City Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Oracle are to give you a boost, not get you all the way. I'll probably get some pack and get nothing but oracles, so I'll use them on one of the new classes, but I doubt I'll have more than 100 oracles to use.

Learning your character deals with stretch your characters limits. Oracles are only a few encounters your character will have. As an archer I've tanked bosses, done hh, rebirth, lunar, frostcity, tw, pk, dragon temple, city of abominations, etc. Doing a variety of things has allowed me to learn my character strengths and weaknesses, and which stat build is best for my play style. For those of you who go into into an instance and die too many times because you oracled your way to 90, don't qq. Learning along the way is more exciting in my opinion. Those that do the quests from 1-90 will have their character 75% mastered I think. Yeah the oracle babies will be able to master their class over time, but I think it won't be any faster than those who didn't oracle up. Yes the oracle babies will be the first to have hh/tt90 gear, but that doesn't mean that you know how to play your class any better than the lvl29 who just got his first chi spark.

As far as the assasin goes, since an archer is the closest thing to it that is widely played in terms of light armor and high dps, I think many will be surprised to find out how weak it is for a melee class. There is a reason why archers run/kite when melee classes get to close. Unless you've played a light armor fist BM, it will be hard to know what the assasin will be like. After oracling up an assasin you might find that you've made some mistakes. The mistakes won't be irreversable, but you'll just have to charge more zhen.

As far as the psychic, I've never played a magic user enough to know anything about good builds or what it's play style is like. So I'm not going to bother trying to guess what it will be like.

I know I'm kinda going back against my premise here, but I'm glad some people are going to not listen and use oracles to lvl up the new classes. They can write the first class guides and wikis. That way I don't have to make all the mistakes they made and have to charge zhen to my account to fix it.
  • ROFLMAOMFG - Lost City
    ROFLMAOMFG - Lost City Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I dont see your point. How can oracle char be in advantage if other player has played 3 months and he knows how every skill works? I would beat 8x oracle veno anytime.

I wasn't trying to compare current classes at all. On the contrary, I was speaking specifically about the tideborn ( I think, lol >.>)

See, since no one has an idea of what the skills for the tideborn are really going to do, or how to use them properly (yet) the oracle noobs will have the slight advantage of having used them during their oracles, and having at least a little idea as to how they work. Also, they do have to play from 1-30 without oracles anyways, so they do get the general idea with the starter skills. So basically, what I was getting at was that if someone oracle's an assassin to 90 in however short of a time period, they will have a little advantage (for a short while anyways) against everyone in general (since we haven't yet learned how to defend against them)

Now, as far as veno's, or any other race goes, yeah, an experienced player that has actually done the quests, and practiced pvp will win over a brand new player thats rich and oracles themselves to a highlevel just for fun. That goes without saying. But you also have to take into account players that have already made one high level class, and have a pretty well off understanding of how the other classes work (as well as how other classes work against theirs). So someone who is experienced in the game might not be so disadvantaged if they were to reroll a new class (other than tideborn) with a fair knowledge of how to play it.

P.S. I hope I was a little more clear this time ^^ It's not often you find someone willing to have a rational discussion in here lol.
  • Vixre - Harshlands
    Vixre - Harshlands Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Sort of restating ROFLMAOMFG's response to this quoted post, as he said, in the tideborne situation, everyone would of had the same time to play the new classes, regardless of oracles or not. The only difference is the ones who oracles will be higher level with more spirit (and probably more coins, if not from the oracles alone, their status has heavy cash shoppers probably means they have money too) and more skills. In trying out these new classes with trial and error, they'll have the slight upper hand in having more, and better skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    agreed!!!!

• Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Maybe it's not the majority, but iv'e met people that already know how to play the class and they oracle their way to high lvl so they can have a TW char ready to go in adittion to it's main character. That way if a TW squad lacks a cleric o a tank for example, they just swich alts.

Other is greedy ppl that want to get into a TW faction just to get paid per battle.

As for the new classes, probably they'll play normally till they feel they 'mastered' the class and then create a new char and powerlevel the new toon or the one they already created.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • whantplay2
    whantplay2 Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    nice, lv 104 need 1.4KKK...only 38 storage with book for 36 mil of exp
    b:chuckle
    perfectworldcommy.blogspot.com
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    Silver - Dreamweaver Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Oracle are to give you a boost, not get you all the way. I'll probably get some pack and get nothing but oracles, so I'll use them on one of the new classes, but I doubt I'll have more than 100 oracles to use.

Learning your character deals with stretch your characters limits. Oracles are only a few encounters your character will have. As an archer I've tanked bosses, done hh, rebirth, lunar, frostcity, tw, pk, dragon temple, city of abominations, etc. Doing a variety of things has allowed me to learn my character strengths and weaknesses, and which stat build is best for my play style. For those of you who go into into an instance and die too many times because you oracled your way to 90, don't qq. Learning along the way is more exciting in my opinion. Those that do the quests from 1-90 will have their character 75% mastered I think. Yeah the oracle babies will be able to master their class over time, but I think it won't be any faster than those who didn't oracle up. Yes the oracle babies will be the first to have hh/tt90 gear, but that doesn't mean that you know how to play your class any better than the lvl29 who just got his first chi spark.

As far as the assasin goes, since an archer is the closest thing to it that is widely played in terms of light armor and high dps, I think many will be surprised to find out how weak it is for a melee class. There is a reason why archers run/kite when melee classes get to close. Unless you've played a light armor fist BM, it will be hard to know what the assasin will be like. After oracling up an assasin you might find that you've made some mistakes. The mistakes won't be irreversable, but you'll just have to charge more zhen.

As far as the psychic, I've never played a magic user enough to know anything about good builds or what it's play style is like. So I'm not going to bother trying to guess what it will be like.

I know I'm kinda going back against my premise here, but I'm glad some people are going to not listen and use oracles to lvl up the new classes. They can write the first class guides and wikis. That way I don't have to make all the mistakes they made and have to charge zhen to my account to fix it.

cant agree with you more, makes me remember some good times on my archer lmao.

Like one time I was in fb 69 with some friends and a herc veno was luring the boss and a friend and i (archers) like a bunch of idiots said "Lets race and see if we will die when we run away from the boss" this was the one with the horrible debuff aoe btw XD.

So naturally we are there and the veno lures the boss....BUT she had the reflection on her herc, so anything that hit the herc got aggroed LMAO. So my friend and i see these mobs running fast toward us and we scream in guild chat "Holy **** RUN!!!!!!" The barb and the cleric that stayed behind naturally said "What are you talking about" and you see me and my archer friend (that wingrised) Runn so fast in the other direction.

The Barb (trying to be a hero) runs and takes aggro of the boss with the cleric healing and the veno running away....But she didnt make it LMAO. She got caught as he gets the boss. So the cleric tries to rez her and now there are like 10 mobs on the barb. He drops like a fly and they go for the cleric. He tries to plume shell, but as the animation comes up he dies. And lo and behold me and my friend are near the entrance of the big room where this all happens, laughing our a**es off. At the end, the other archer says "God u gotta love wingrise" Funniest thing I have ever seen in my life.

Now if you are an oracler, you may not build up friendships, you may not be able to do your fb 69 with friends, and you may not have fun times you can remember for a lifetime unless you consider

" Ya man, I remember the time when i killed the same mob...... thousands of times. Ya man it was crazy"

a good memory.

So live, laugh, learning like the rest of us sure beats being a high level noob at your class, dont u think?b:victory
    Most Ironic phrase in the English language is Common Sense, its easiest concept to understand yet few people ever grasp it.

~Silver
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009

(X_X)'
    me has played 3 months......me has no idea how me skill even works.
    b:shocked
    me suspect its.....magic.
    =O
    b:avoid
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Balestrom - Lost City
    Balestrom - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Gimme some! >:P as long as your in Lost City... b:shocked