regretting going sage/demon?

Options
2»

Comments

• Loner - Harshlands
    Loner - Harshlands Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I sometimes regret going sage, cause demon ironwood rocks as well as foxform's speed and sage spark is kinda lame b:surrender

But i will always love the sage chi skill b:thanks
  • Vidalaire - Heavens Tear
    Vidalaire - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Sages get a steady way to build chi with that chi skill. Demons can build chi faster, but it's chance based. Demon Crush Vigor has a 50% chance to grant a spark. I've had it not give me a spark 3 times in a row, but I've also gotten 3 sparks from 3 consecutive casts. Combined with Lending Hand, chi comes fast. I can Demon Spark, nuke til it wears off, cast those two skills and if I get lucky, Demon Spark again.

Keep in mind Crush Vigor also generates 10 chi regardless of whether you get a spark. So when casting it, you are not losing the chi you would get from using a nuke instead. Whereas the Sage Chi skill gives you 50 chi, but you lose the chi you would've gotten if you had nuked so in reality you only get 35-40 chi per cast.

Also, Crush Vigor does not generate aggro. Cast it on non-aggro mobs(cube mobs or mobs near the starter cities) and they just ignore you. It's helpful for aggro management. Plus, if you're in pvp mode/in a pvp server you can cast it on pillars and NPCs thereby eliminating the need to be in battle to use it.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    sage is the ultimate win for venos :o i regret even thinking for one second to go demon if anything

+1 to this

sage spark gives 900% to venos
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Casario - Lost City
    Casario - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    +1 to this

sage spark gives 900% to venos

i dont find this an issue at all for demon venos nor a good enough benefit to go sage for. In a squad i can find much better uses for sparks than adding a little extra damaged from a low magic attack.

E.g sending chi to barbs or clerics for bb, or even bms for dragon. Demon lending hand can let mages triple spark ulti too which gives much better damage than what i could ever achieve with a triple spark.

Id much prefer using demon nova for the amp as it benefits the whole squads damage rather than just my own. ^^

When im soloing theres no way id ever triple spark as id just pull aggro from my pet meaning charm ticks or death depending on the situation. b:surrender

theres plenty of benefits to sage but demon has just as many and i dont think spark lowers its usefullness at all. =\
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'm actually pretty pleased the demon spark only does 700%... combined with the wood debuff and higher crit rate, 900% damage would be simply overpowered and would just rip off agro like no other.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]