Beloved Introduces: Goodwilled Player of the Week!

2»

Comments

• DeafForest - Sanctuary
    DeafForest - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Congrats to you StarrX
    "All Beautiful you are, my darling; there is no flaw in you. You have stolen my heart, my sister, my bride;
    you have stolen my heart with one glance of your eyes"
    -Song of Solomon 4:7,9
  • BigPunisher - Sanctuary
    BigPunisher - Sanctuary Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Should rename this thread to "Hisune's helper of the week" because it sounds more like whoever helps Hisune and his friends directly!

Good will = volunteer to kill boss for server without benefits. That's good will!

Crafting without stealing mats is just a normal thing anyone with moral would do.

Just my 2 cents. b:victory
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Should rename this thread to "Hisune's helper of the week" because it sounds more like whoever helps Hisune and his friends directly!

Hisuna's a guy? that's rather unexpected
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Just for the record, I have never met StarrX. She is not on the boss helper's list and we are not friends.

If you want to be cynical and rude about an event that causes no harm and tries to recognize people that do not behave like pompous jerks then I can't stop you. Just know that it makes you look pathetic and ridiculous.

"Just my 2 cents."
    Hisuna's a guy? that's rather unexpected

No, I'm not. Please feel free to disregard him entirely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • Bobbyjoe - Sanctuary
    Bobbyjoe - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Helping with bosses is what moral people do to -.-

Look at Dreamweaver the strongest faction(Calamity) has had at least 4 boss days for the hell of it

Just my "2 cents"
    BILLY MAYS LOVE YOU
  • Silvatar - Sanctuary
    Silvatar - Sanctuary Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited November 2009

Good will = volunteer to kill boss for server without benefits. That's good will!

Crafting without stealing mats is just a normal thing anyone with moral would do.

Just my 2 cents. b:victory

It is not in my nature to make defamatory statements, but frankly, judging from your post, I am going to assume you lack the requisite intelligence to accurately interpret the information contained in this thread. Your comment, “crafting without stealing mats,” in particular seems to have been pulled out of the ether.

Allow me to summarize and simplify this matter to an elementary level for you. My motivation to nominate StarrX was based on the exemplary generosity and benevolence that this individual has shown towards me and those around her. To use as JUST one example, I mentioned to Hisuna how StarrX has been contributing her level four manufacturing mats to me with no expectation of compensation. In fact, she has repeatedly refused my attempts to financially reimburse her for the value of these mats which, at our level, is not inconsequential. It is also worth mentioning that I only met StarrX in PWI approximately a month ago. That is to say, I do not know this individual in real life, nor does she owe me for any act on my part. I have played this game on and off since December 2008 and have yet to meet someone more qualified than she to be nominated for the title of “Goodwilled Player of the Week”.

Not that your comment merits a rebuttal, but out of concern that you might actually affect peoples’ perceptions, I can also verify that neither myself nor StarrX have ever met Hisuna, or any other member of Beloved prior to this occasion. Thus, your implication that this event is about Hisuna rewarding her friends is grossly misplaced.

Furthermore, if you are suggesting that volunteering to help kill a boss merits special recognition, I would disagree. Helping to kill a boss is such an ingrained aspect to this game that I would never considerate nominating a person for such a trivial act. Any of my friends, my faction members, or I would offer such help without a second thought, assuming we were available. After all, to kill a boss is to do nothing more than simply play the game. The rare exception to this would be those who volunteer to help kill bosses on a routine basis for complete strangers such as the people on the Beloved Boss Bash List.

I wish you better luck in your trolling in the future BigPunisher because this last attempt was a fail.

Edit: On second thought, perhaps you should retire from trolling as you seem to lack the required wit for such an activity.
  • krelianmage
    krelianmage Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Donating stuff to a lvl 90 veno who could prob buy the stuff herself doesnt seem such a great thing (lvl 4 manufature stuff is sold like 700k max per item. which is like nothing to any lvl 90 veno)

I myself donated much of my tt80 gears when i got my tt90 armors/accs to people i knew lacked the time to farm it themselves and have helped me many times. Never expected them to world shout my name for it. But anyway...
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Donating stuff to a lvl 90 veno who could prob buy the stuff herself doesnt seem such a great thing (lvl 4 manufature stuff is sold like 700k max per item. which is like nothing to any lvl 90 veno)

I myself donated much of my tt80 gears when i got my tt90 armors/accs to people i knew lacked the time to farm it themselves and have helped me many times. Never expected them to world shout my name for it. But anyway...

People really can't seem to follow along. The mats weren't donated to me. The person who won has nothing to do with me. I haven't even met her. They went to members of her faction and in particular the level 54 cleric who was the one that nominated her. Also, that was one example that I chose to include from the winning submission. But anyway...

It really doesn't matter anymore anyway. As I have received zero new submissions and it seems that people just want to poke and find anything they can to grief anyone trying to do something nice because they just don't understand the point, this event is cancelled anyway. We will still be hosting our huge Christmas event the weekend of the 19th and 20th of December.

I just want to say to anyone who wants to look back over this thread, it's truly ridiculous that people can't just let someone do something nice. If you all want to be cynical and rude and angry about everything, fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Silvatar - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    My dear kelianmage, please go back and read the thread with particular attention to my last post, after you have finished, go back and read everything again. Once you are done, please comply with the appropriate *facepalm*. Thank you.

I am saddened to hear that this event has been cancelled Hisuna, but from observing the nature of the last couple posts and the fact that nominations have not been forth coming, I can understand the reasoning behind your actions though I can only imagine the disappointment and frustration that this must have caused you. If it is any consolation, please take comfort knowing that this event will end having recognized someone who richly deserves it. For the benefit of any further naysayer, I will reiterate that my nomination was based on a holistic paradigm of this individual’s actions and words. No amount of criticism targeting the example I used will minimize the merit of this person for the title of Good-Willed Player of the Week.

I would also like to say, in light of the resistance and criticism leveled your way Hisuna, I admire your tenacity for continuing your efforts to bring added-value to our gaming experience here on the Sanctuary server. I just wanted to make sure you were aware that there are those of us who not only recognize your hard work, but also genuinely appreciate it.
  • krelianmage
    krelianmage Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    oh.. sry..

yeah, I rly didnt read first wall of text post entirely. didnt rly understand the purpose of this topic... well.
  • Silvatar - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    oh.. sry..

yeah, I rly didnt read first wall of text post entirely. didnt rly understand the purpose of this topic... well.

We all make mistakes, but recognizing them and acknowledging them contributes to defining the quality of our character….. Here is credit to you for doing so b:thanks
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    oh.. sry..

We all make mistakes, but recognizing them and acknowledging them contributes to defining the quality of our character

EDIT: the forum just totally trashed my post, so here's the short version. I appreciate the apology as well, however sanctuary as a server has made it clear that things of this nature are just not important to them. There are a few who participated, and I thank you all very much for doing so. But even with everything on this thread completely wiped clean, it has still been a ridiculous hassle just to try to do something small and simple for the community. Sanctuary has made it very clear that not even something as miniscule as this can be done without being hasseled into the ground.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StarrX - Sanctuary
    StarrX - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Imagine my surprise when I returned from my week-long Thanksgiving vacation to find a random message in my mailbox!

A lot of love goes to Silvatar for the nomination (you sneak!) and everyone else who provided such kind (but false... jk, lol...) comments about me -- I'm pretty sure I know who you all are, and you know that I love you guys (and sexy girls)!

And of course, I can't say how touched I am not by the fact that I was chosen as the winner, but that a faction on Sanctuary would even think of hosting such a wonderful event. Hisuna and Beloved, you are all truly wonderful people, and you have earned my eternal respect and admiration. I hope to have the opportunity to meet you all one day.

However, it is very unfortunate that there are people who do not appreciate nor even understand the concept of such an event as this. I am sad to hear that the event is cancelled, as I know that there are (perhaps only a few) others out there that are deserving of such recognition. But I suppose in this game, as in real life, there will always be people who try to ruin everyone's fun.

But should Beloved have any events in the future, know that you have my full support. Anything you need, just ask -- even if it's just the entertainment of just watching me suicide in game!
  • Minimus - Sanctuary
    Minimus - Sanctuary Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    [...] however sanctuary as a server has made it clear that things of this nature are just not important to them.

I like this thread b:victory
  • DeafForest - Sanctuary
    DeafForest - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    *sigh* it sucks that this event couldn't become a regular thing sassy, but hey at least you tried.
    "All Beautiful you are, my darling; there is no flaw in you. You have stolen my heart, my sister, my bride;
    you have stolen my heart with one glance of your eyes"
    -Song of Solomon 4:7,9
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    We appreciate the effortb:victory, due to the request of the OP I will be closing this threadb:thanks
This discussion has been closed.