Beloved Introduces: Goodwilled Player of the Week!

Options
Hisuna - Sanctuary
Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Twilight Temple (West)
Due to extreme lack of participation, along with having to deal with constant grief about this event both in game and on the forums, it is hereby cancelled. More than anything else, I'm really dissappointed in my server right now.

This week's Goodwilled Player of the Week is...........
StarrX of Lunati!!!
Level 52 Venomancer

Nominator: Silvatar

Excerpts from nomination:
"As an example, she has been very generously donating all of her mats to me as she is aware of how desperate I am to complete my level four manufacturing."

"...in all the time that I have known her, she has shown nothing but kindness and generosity to all those around her."

"...and as hard as I have tried, she will never accept anything from me in return."

"...this is just a small example of the mentality of this player - she cares only for supporting her friends and faction members, and fostering their enjoyment of the game."

Anonymous comments about StarrX:
"In all the time I've known her, I have never seen her tell someone no."

"She does so much for the rest of us I don't see how she has time to do anything for herself."

"I don't know you, why are you asking questions about my friend?" b:chuckle

For your dedication to your faction and friends and your constant will to help those around you, you will receive 1 million coins!

So here's what I was thinking:

Get sanctuary involved a little in finding some good, helpful players around the server and recognizing them for what they do. If the GM's and players end up supporting this and making it an active event, maybe we can get a sticky on it. The new winner will be edited into the top of this post each week.

What I would like to happen:

Anyone who would like to nominate someone as player of the week should get in contact with either myself or Vinny_D and tell us the name of the player and why you think they should win.

These submissions can be sent to me via email (the address listed on our website), forum PM, or in game mail. Please do not use in game PM as there is no guarantee we will ever get them.

The submissions will be reviewed and the we (as a faction) will vote to find the one we think is best suited to win.

I costs nothing to make a submission except the time it takes to write one.

When a winner is chosen, their name will be displayed at the top of this post each week. Past winners will be shown at the bottom of the post.

The winner of this event will aslo receive 1 million coins and an announcement in world chat! (unless they ask us not to) This world chat will take place at 12 PM Eastern Standard Time each Sunday.

What it will say:

The nominator (character that made the winning submission). The details of the winning submission. The Winner of Player of the Week, what faction the winner represents.

Rules:

1. You may not nominate a Beloved member. This, more than anything else, is to help prevent accusations of bias towards our own faction members.

2. You may not nominate yourself.

3. In order to submit a valid entry you must include your character name, and not a question mark forum name either. The reason for this rule is to prevent self nominations, and though it is not even remotely enough to prevent this, if we do find out that people are nominating themselves through alts, this entire event will be ended immediately.

4. You must be on Sanctuary to participate. (this is where all my money is b:surrender )

5. Please do not be rude or make accusations toward any winner for any reason. Even if you do not agree that they should have won, this is a free event and there is another winner every week.

6. One character may not win more than once in a 2 month period.

7. If you have evidence that someone has used an alt to win, you may disregard rule 5 provided that you support the accusation with said evidence.

8. There are many things you can nominate for. It doesn't necessarily have to be someone who helped you do something. You may nominate someone that you believe shows loyalty or honor, or treats everyone as equals. Use your imagination for things you can nominate with. It simply has to be something that demonstrates goodwill.

9. (added) Your submission must contain your reason for nominating someone. The submissions are all being judged and the one that is felt to best represent what this event is about will be chosen. It is not a random selection and therefor entries that contain nothing but "I am this person and I nominate this person" cannot be judged. The submissions I have received so far have all done this, and I thought I had already written it in here somewhere but I can't find it.

10. (added) If you nominate someone and they do not win, don't give up! You can nominate the same person as many times as you want to, so long as they have not already won within the past 2 months.

PAST WINNERS:
Taar of Regicide
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The family is a haven in a heartless world.
Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
Post edited by Hisuna - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Gratz on your 90?

Nice event...
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Gratz on your 90?

Nice event...

Thank you lol. Haven't gained a single exp point since I hit 90. :P

And thank you...as a side note, any suggestions or questions and comments can be posted here and I will answer as soon as I can.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    its a nice idea but........ >.< is sanc so corrupted atm that forging needs recognition? regardless.. i shall keep lookout for names >>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    its a nice idea but........ >.< is sanc so corrupted atm that forging needs recognition? regardless.. i shall keep lookout for names >>

In some aspects I would say yes it is that corrupted, especially with the sheer worth and amount in this particular case. I can count past my fingers in numbers of players I have personally had the displeasure of dealing with that I know for a fact would have walked off with items of much less value than those.

Also, as stated in the beginning, this week is something of my own personal gratitude, and an introduction to the event. Hopefully we will find things of a much greater nature to appreciate as the event moves on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeafForest - Sanctuary
    DeafForest - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Aww sassy i don't get to be nominated?b:cry
    "All Beautiful you are, my darling; there is no flaw in you. You have stolen my heart, my sister, my bride;
    you have stolen my heart with one glance of your eyes"
    -Song of Solomon 4:7,9
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I think this is a noble gesture. Oftentimes, when immaturity and vile behavior runs rampant in game, it is hard to remember that good, honest and trustworthy people do play this game.

I like it ^^ Keep it up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MiStAiSa - Sanctuary
    MiStAiSa - Sanctuary Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    hisuuuuuuuuu i couldve made that armor =( i want my naem on it!
  • Majou - Sanctuary
    Majou - Sanctuary Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I nominate myself for president! RAWR
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Aww sassy i don't get to be nominated?b:cry

Nope, no nominations for you Clarb.
    I think this is a noble gesture. Oftentimes, when immaturity and vile behavior runs rampant in game, it is hard to remember that good, honest and trustworthy people do play this game.

I like it ^^ Keep it up.

Thank you for the support. I hope it comes out as nice as I think it will lol.
    hisuuuuuuuuu i couldve made that armor =( i want my naem on it!

Too late. b:surrender *giggles*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I just thought I would point out that I have yet to receive a single nomination. I can only think of 4 reasons for this.

1. People are just being too lazy to send an email nominating someone.

2. The nominator doesn't get anything out of it, so they figure why bother.

3. Nobody cares enough for an event like this to matter.

4. Nobody has found a single person they think shows goodwill towards the community. All I can say about this last one is....seriously?

My poor faith, it is dying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xoffus
    xoffus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Your intensions were good, however most ppl aren't, some may be good but not communitive(they do things but not on a big scale staying under the radar), others just don't give a sht, actual gooddoers (on a big scale that is) are few in numbers, i've met only a max of 3 ppl in sanc, who would fit the criteria and none of them are playing anymore. Ppl just don't see how being good pays off, once made some bluestat gear for someone, lv17 bm i think and got a shtload of 3* bluestat LA gear for lv's 60 and above in return (twas in ht server).
    Tho on the good side the clerics here were much more helpful then the ones who are in ht.
    Abandon all hope you who enter. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]There is no future to be found here, only death and misery.
  • Deathsscion - Sanctuary
    Deathsscion - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I just thought I would point out that I have yet to receive a single nomination. I can only think of 4 reasons for this.

1. People are just being too lazy to send an email nominating someone.

2. The nominator doesn't get anything out of it, so they figure why bother.

3. Nobody cares enough for an event like this to matter.

4. Nobody has found a single person they think shows goodwill towards the community. All I can say about this last one is....seriously?

My poor faith, it is dying.

I'm going with #4 here. The game is building quite a good resistance against nice people and support for CS and idiots that will do anything to win. But that is the same in most communities (in-game and irl) so good luck with your search.
  • Jaggerjaques - Sanctuary
    Jaggerjaques - Sanctuary Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I'm going with #5: rarely checks the server forums cus not much happens here.

But now I know, and i'll let my friends know about it.
    Now the only question is who to nominate......
    helr-cleric-8x
    Jaggerjaques-BM-8x
    blackrobe-wizard-7x
    _Tara-veno-6x
    Superpoke-sin-7x
    punching_bag-barb 7x
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I'm going with #5: rarely checks the server forums cus not much happens here.

But now I know, and i'll let my friends know about it.
    Now the only question is who to nominate......

I have been getting submissions ever since I posted that lol. As for rule number 5, you may be right, but there's one problem. Whenever I announce in world chat that there is a post on the forums people should read, the PMs that follow are usually something like this:

stfu
    gtfo
    don't care
    no1 gonna read da stupid forums
    no

with the occasional, much more colorful, PMs. some people must really hate the forums lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeafForest - Sanctuary
    DeafForest - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Maybe they're afraid that all the forum threads will eat them >.>
    "All Beautiful you are, my darling; there is no flaw in you. You have stolen my heart, my sister, my bride;
    you have stolen my heart with one glance of your eyes"
    -Song of Solomon 4:7,9
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Maybe they're afraid that all the forum threads will eat them >.>

<.< ..............................
    ................... ............
    .............................. ...............
    ... ..................................
    ............I don't think that's it.

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bladecutter - Sanctuary
    Bladecutter - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    i nominate (drums)

(more drums)
    (i love drums)

Hisuna!!! (drums since edit) Aeriz!!!!

EDIT: oh wait, cant be any1 from inside beloved -.-..... ill nominate then.... (see the nominated side of hisuna xD)
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    i nominate (drums)

(more drums)
    (i love drums)

Hisuna!!! (drums since edit) Aeriz!!!!

EDIT: oh wait, cant be any1 from inside beloved -.-..... ill nominate then.... (see the nominated side of hisuna xD)

That's correct, you can't nominate me, nor is this the correct way to submit! b:angry

Go reach 90. DO IT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bladecutter - Sanctuary
    Bladecutter - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    b:infuriated
    That's correct, you can't nominate me, nor is this the correct way to submit! b:angry

Go reach 90. DO IT.

NEVAHHHHHH b:infuriated
  • Minimus - Sanctuary
    Minimus - Sanctuary Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I have been getting submissions ever since I posted that lol. As for rule number 5, you may be right, but there's one problem. Whenever I announce in world chat that there is a post on the forums people should read, the PMs that follow are usually something like this:

stfu
    gtfo
    don't care
    no1 gonna read da stupid forums
    no

with the occasional, much more colorful, PMs. some people must really hate the forums lol.

Don't give up. Not everyone knows this event since many don't read worldchat or forums. And it's not easy to nominate. Gl
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Don't give up. Not everyone knows this event since many don't read worldchat or forums. And it's not easy to nominate. Gl

Oh I'm not giving up lol. It would take much more than that. You're right though, it's very difficult to get people to actually come and read the forums. Could you clarify the part in red?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shoshoni - Sanctuary
    Shoshoni - Sanctuary Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Oh I'm not giving up lol. It would take much more than that. You're right though, it's very difficult to get people to actually come and read the forums. Could you clarify the part in red?

My favorite PM's when Saitada was running the lottery event was when I would world chat the lottery info being on the forums and people would PM me asking what the event was. I would then tell them to go check out the forums and the vitriol I would get back from some of them made me laugh.

Kids these days don't want to do anything for themselves, they would rather everything be done for them, including their own thinking.

Sadly... those types give the kids that work hard and learn things for themselves quietly in the background, a bad name because it's easier to lump 'all' kids into one group of dumb, morons.

~Shoshoni
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    On the Warriors path. Always with Honor! A Saitada Alt.
  • Minimus - Sanctuary
    Minimus - Sanctuary Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

Well it would appear odd to me if I nominate a friend or even someone from my faction who may be a known charcter. There is enough idolatry on the server.

And those who behave according to your point 8. are mostly players you spend time with. Most ppl are convinced that their friends are nice. That makes the nomination quite subjective.

To meet ppl you don't know and who may be goodwilling enough happens rather accidently.

That can make a nomination difficult
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options

Well it would appear odd to me if I nominate a friend or even someone from my faction who may be a known charcter. There is enough idolatry on the server.

And those who behave according to your point 8. are mostly players you spend time with. Most ppl are convinced that their friends are nice. That makes the nomination quite subjective.

To meet ppl you don't know and who may be goodwilling enough happens rather accidently.

That can make a nomination difficult

I agree with you, absolutely. However this event can't depend on those random meetings of fate. Friends and faction mates are of course allowed to be nominated. I thought I had already said it somewhere but I guess I didn't so I added rule number 9. This event is designed more to find players that are good willed in a broad spectrum (beyond just faction and friends), but sometimes there's not enough time to help everyone, and it's definitely not a bad thing to put your faction first. That is after all, the point of factions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BigPunisher - Sanctuary
    BigPunisher - Sanctuary Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Hmm, I make armor and weapons all day for people and I really don't need to be recognized b:chuckle
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Hmm, I make armor and weapons all day for people and I really don't need to be recognized b:chuckle

Then it's fortunate for the rest of us that this event isn't about you. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Then it's fortunate for the rest of us that this event isn't about you. b:chuckle

I kinda agree with BigP in that someone not stealing your mats when crafting armor for you sets a pretty low threshold for a "Good-willed player of the week".

But then of course I haven't nominated anyone so I'm just being hypocritical.

BTW I recently have worked hard to get my Tailor and Crafts up to level 7 and would love to get my name out there
    If anyone needs stuff made feel free to PM.. of the 3 TT90 armors I've made 2 had 4 sockets b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I kinda agree with BigP in that someone not stealing your mats when crafting armor for you sets a pretty low threshold for a "Good-willed player of the week".

But then of course I haven't nominated anyone so I'm just being hypocritical.

BTW I recently have worked hard to get my Tailor and Crafts up to level 7 and would love to get my name out there
    If anyone needs stuff made feel free to PM.. of the 3 TT90 armors I've made 2 had 4 sockets b:victory

I'm not disagreeing. But since I did it in the middle of the week and used someone who had helped me out honestly and fairly as an introduction to this, I really don't see why it's such an issue lol. When the new winner is announced this friday, it will be the actual start of the event.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Congratulations StarrX of Lunati! You are very loved by those around you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Silvatar - Sanctuary
    Silvatar - Sanctuary Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Congratulations StarrX, those of us who know you well know that you deserve such recognition.

And thank you to Hisuna and Beloved for holding this event and for consistently bringing an extra level of fun and entertainment to our server b:thanks
This discussion has been closed.