Buff Timer! by: Tequila_Wolf

Options
2»

Comments

• Tequila_wolf - Heavens Tear
    Tequila_wolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    we had 2 barbs 1 bm 2 venos (no hercs) and no cleric, the other barb wasn't there though, all you really need for astral walker is a barb and a bm, or two barbs, or just two heavy armored classes. a good cleric, and the rest DD's, you have the DD's focus on the spawns when they come out, and let the barb keep tanking, the cleric can BB if you need to, it is very handy for this boss, once all the mobs have spawned, have the cleric come out of BB and ironheart/DD. that boss hits around 500-700 on a good defensed barb
  • Tropicalsuns - Heavens Tear
    Tropicalsuns - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Thanks for the timer its awesome really helps wish pwi would sort the mage def buff glitch
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Thanks for the timer its awesome really helps wish pwi would sort the mage def buff glitch

Yeah, thats not gonna happen...

Good stuff btw, keep up the good work b:victory
    b:dirty
    edited October 2009
    Options
    thanks babe <3
    and i am in the works of making a program that will help you figure out how much you need to lvl, this one will take a while to make, but i feel i can make it :)
    edited October 2009
    Options
    sorry for the delay in the experience calculator, i have run into problems with my school work, in the areas of updating arrays and text files. if anyone knows how to do this, please contact me in game or through the forums. i will continue my work on the experience calculator soon, have fun all and enjoy :D
    edited October 2009
    Options
    bump for replies :D
  • Xgrinch - Dreamweaver
    Xgrinch - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Thank you, thank you very much : )
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    thanks babe <3
    and i am in the works of making a program that will help you figure out how much you need to lvl, this one will take a while to make, but i feel i can make it :)
    What do you mean by how much exp it will take you to level? Isn't that the same thing as holding your cursor over the exp bar?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
    edited November 2009
    Options
    i mean it will show how many of which mobs you would need to kill to level, or how many of which oracles which you can use. also it will show the monsters statistic such as hp, damage, defence, exp and spirit
  • gmaerboy1284
    gmaerboy1284 Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    you should really Copy right this progam, anyone can see this thread and mod the program and make there own version, Wich can make money if it gets the attention of any MMo Developers.
  • Mephistic - Dreamweaver
    Mephistic - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    you should really Copy right this progam, anyone can see this thread and mod the program and make there own version, Wich can make money if it gets the attention of any MMo Developers.

All about the Benjamins! Lol.
    edited November 2009
    Options
    first they would have to decompile it, which is tough, also i have a GPL in there, it is the gnu/linus lisensce, which states anyone can modify it, but they must give credit where credit is due :) i am a firm believer in open source programs
  • FengLing - Sanctuary
    FengLing - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    If someone is interested...
    here is my PW-Timer.zip. Source Code is included. The Application has only two buttons, one for cleric buffs (or whatever has 60 minutes) and one for Rebirth Order Bosses (15 minutes). You can reset timer to its initial time by clicking the button. The window stays always on top and give Focus back to "Element Client" after each action. The text is colored red when less then 5 minutes remaining.

Here is a screenshot look in the upper right part...
    pwtimer.th.jpg

Remarks:
    - Only Work in Windowed Mode
    - Lagging when moving, move slow so mouse stay in application and it works fine
    - File Size is 5.69 MB Sorry for that, but was build using wxWidgets xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pegasi - Lost City
    Pegasi - Lost City Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    This looks pretty cool, thanks for taking the time to make it! I'm going to be putting it to work shortly. XD the two minute warning will hopefully give me enough time to catch up to my two veno buddies before they shoot off into the distance again with their speed buffs.
    Slow Cleric is slow.

(Yes I know about holy path. But using that every time I need to catch them will be expensive.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When Saukey decides she can swim, I know I didn't get the DC pop-up again. Wish she swam when it matters.
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Thank you FengLing, that is actually very helpful to me, you see i just started classes on C++, so thanks to you, i am now a step ahead of my class, i went and tore apart your source code to get a good look at it :D. really do apperciate it.

Are you a professional software developer or just a fanatic so to speak?
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    All creative works are automatically covered by copyright in countries which are signatories to the Berne Convention, which is most of the world. So there's no need to register it. In the U.S., registering copyright just allows you to collect statutory damages and legal fees in a copyright dispute. In other words, if you don't register and someone steals/copies your work and you sue and win, you can only collect actual damages suffered due to the infringement (which can sometimes be tricky to put a number on).

Modding the program and making your own version is no problem. Distributing that modded program without the original author's permission is a violation of copyright. You do that and depending on the country you're in, you become liable for actual damages (e.g. sales of your program reduced sales of the original program), statutory damages ($750-$30k per violation in the U.S., regardless of any financial gain or loss), and court costs incurred by the original author.
    All about the Benjamins! Lol.
    Not necessarily. Most open source projects are copyrighted to prohibit others from selling their version of the apps for a fee. Copyright is about controlling how the work is distributed (whether it be free or for a fee), not necessarily about making money off it.
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    Foltern - Sanctuary Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Hello. Interesting timer. It's really a shame that your so limited on what you are allowed to do with it. I would have loved an in-game buff timer in my healing days. I just used my aoe Buff and then another timer program timer such as "1Time". It's a single display timer. I do wish something was in game for archer buffs. I currently use 1Time in countdown mode to track when my Wings of protection runspeed drops to normal so it can always be on.

I think it's a great timer. I will experiment with it more, Thank you for the video and your hard work. Also THANK YOU for posting an MD5 hash~ there are not enough software packages with which programmers release the hashes!!. I always calculate the hash on my end before I execute if it is published. Thank you for that. I would feel better using SHA-1 :3 but MD5 is plenty fine ^o^.

For anyone who relies on Virus scan software to determine the safety of software, I would say a clean scan does not mean it is safe to use. It only means it's less likely to contain anything harmful, use extreme caution before executing anything.

Thanks again for seeing a need and taking action, great work. ^_^. Regards
  • FengLing - Sanctuary
    FengLing - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    b:thanks i'm programmer on a part time job at university... feel free to use my code, this is why i put it in the archive, don't worry about copyrights, these 10 lines are not a big deal to spend time think about it lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bambisky
    bambisky Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    kool b:pleased
  • Fritigern - Lost City
    Fritigern - Lost City Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    bambisky wrote: »
    kool b:pleased