Buff Timer! by: Tequila_Wolf

Options
Tequila_wolf - Heavens Tear
Tequila_wolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 193 Arc User
edited August 2010 in General Discussion
hello all and welcome to my first freeware program.
this is Version 1.0 of my skill timer
spent around 3-4 hours working on it, it isn't much but i find it handy
you click an icon to activate a time while keep track and notifies you when your buffs are about to run out
please download the newest version and remove your old one, i have yet to master updating

Version 1.0 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AD6BDPSZ
Version 1.1 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3EU291DD
Version 1.2 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1U9AF75Q

updated version uploaded, enjoy :D

to open this you will need something that can open .Rar files
to install the program you will need a .NET framework of 3.0 or higher
which you can get here
for those with vista try this [url="http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=333325FD-AE52-4E35-B531-508D977D32A6&displaylang=en2]download[/url]

enjoy and please send feedback to me.

due to demand, here is a video of it, enjoy :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yfZUnkvVTQ
Enjoy!

V1.2scans

Jotti scan results:

MD5: b5a7fbf19c8479da4131240bcf49a772

http://virusscan.jotti.org/en/scanresult/ce8cc02803b22c1983ac1928a9f87c2f7133e330

Virustotal scan results:

MD5...: b5a7fbf19c8479da4131240bcf49a772

http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/bbde9019b8111f1372c77a5708dcb78f209efb776acec29b716a6560952b5b7f-1255713849

I am excited to introduce a compacted version of my timer. this version allows the user to keep perfect world selected while still being able to see the spells. I am going to work on designing tooltips that will display how much time is left on a buff in the near future. until then as always. Enjoy

Compact V1.0 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZG9H8JS9

Compact V1.0 scans

Jotti scan results:

MD5: eeeb8e93129db746bb13b9a7a2343f65

http://virusscan.jotti.org/en/scanresult/26aebc38f2eb12bc990248cbbe875dc508c6d0c5

Virustotal scan results:

MD5...: eeeb8e93129db746bb13b9a7a2343f65

http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/3556bb5f369f8c0a8af9814b88504569fcfcbda11a45dc3b7d2667df56e13d07-1255833949
Post edited by Tequila_wolf - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Please note that PWE is not responsible for any issues that arise with the use of fan-made programs, use it at your own risk. This program does not appear to modify the client in any way and it scanned virus-free to me.

Regardless, be aware that there is always a level of caution that must be taken with unofficial programs. However, as this does not appear to violate our Terms of Service I'm leaving this thread open.
  • Tequila_wolf - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Options
    thanks eatwithspoons
    and yea no virus threat or anything, i figured the program was 100% legal, and thanks for verifying that :)

hope i can get some good feed back from people
  • Khalfani - Harshlands
    Khalfani - Harshlands Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    can we have a video demo?
    I mean, it's awesome that people are starting to come up with programs, but hmmm. Still gotta be cautious about these things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=459842
  • HatingHeal - Sanctuary
    HatingHeal - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Spoons you forgot to re-add the link b:chuckle
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    can we have a video demo?
    I mean, it's awesome that people are starting to come up with programs, but hmmm. Still gotta be cautious about these things.

Well, spoons did have the thread locked until he confirmed it.

On a related note, the link is still removed, so since it's been confirmed as okay, care to repost it?
    edited October 2009
    Options
    reposted, and i will make a vid , give me a few minutes
  • Signako - Heavens Tear
    Signako - Heavens Tear Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Keep up the good work. This is a very good program, started using it, and sure enough does what it says. Thank you for this program, and hope to see more work from you soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Knight is sworn to Valor. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the weak. His words speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked.
    edited October 2009
    Options
    uploading video now, will have in 8 minutes

thanks signako, i will be posting other versions as i work on this to make it run smoother
    also there will always be a problem with the magic defense, as the magic defense buff can not be over written in the game, so i can't fix that part

also if anyone would like to suggest a program they would like, post it, or pm me on forums, and i shall be glad to make it, enjoy :)
  • Khalfani - Harshlands
    Khalfani - Harshlands Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    It's awesome.
    Too bad it can't be incorporated to the client like some add-ons this other game supports. (Which is probably a violation right?)
    But yeah, it would be awesome if it did.

Good work though. Now, if only you could perhaps make size it a bit differently? Window size wise. That way people playing in window mode can adjust it so they can have it off to the side?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=459842
    edited October 2009
    Options
    you should be able to rezise it but you might loze the icons, i shall work on making a compact version if you would like
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    =/
    No archer/Wizard buffs on there....
    Actually theres no 10minute buffs on it.
    ??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • lifegod90
    lifegod90 Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Thanks for the program, maybe GM's should sticky this threadb:victory

On another note: Maybe have the timer show minutes instead of seconds, ie 3minutes rather than 180 seconds :p
    edited October 2009
    Options
    ah yes i knew i forgot something stormhydra, let me go fix that now
    i will also add in the wizards frostblade buff, and barbs bloodbath and poison fang
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    ah yes i knew i forgot something stormhydra, let me go fix that now
    i will also add in the wizards frostblade buff, and barbs bloodbath and poison fang

And archer "Blazing Arrow" (10 minute buff).
    And "dodge" from Wings of Protection (the bird thingy). ←30mins.
    You probably shouldnt add increased speed because that effects length changes.
    Is venomancer Bramble Guard on there?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
    edited October 2009
    Options
    it will be after i get it updated
    edited October 2009
    Options
    updated version has been posted

post if there is anything else you would like to see added

edit: sleeping for the night, will check in the morning, enjoy people, and keep giving me feed back. i will work on the compact version tomorrow night after work. night everyone
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Well done.

However I would say such a feature should be in the game by default.

Perhaps hovering over your buffs in game should indicate how much time there is left by default and or perhaps the buff icons should start blinking when 2 minutes remains (for those buffs that last over say 10 minutes).

Again, good work Tequila_wolf.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lifegod90
    lifegod90 Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Er.. I installed v1.0 first, now I downloaded v 1.1 and am having trouble installing it.. where did v1.0 install to? cuz obviously i need to delete/uninstall it first =\

Help will be appreciated, ty.
    edited October 2009
    Options
    lifegod90 wrote: »
    Er.. I installed v1.0 first, now I downloaded v 1.1 and am having trouble installing it.. where did v1.0 install to? cuz obviously i need to delete/uninstall it first =\

Help will be appreciated, ty.

you can either go to your control panel, and go into add/remove programs, and look for a program called timer, or you can go into
    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Start Menu\Programs\classroom

and remove it from there
    edited October 2009
    Options
    version 1.2 is up, added in tooltips to let you know which spell is which and to inform you how long each one lasts, also added in a lvl difference to wellspring quaff and beast kings to reflect the time effects of getting sage/demon
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I think its really awesome that fan based programs are starting to pop up. This really shows significant interest in the game, in a non-money involved way.

Id love to see more :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chesticles
    chesticles Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    version 1.2 is up, added in tooltips to let you know which spell is which and to inform you how long each one lasts, also added in a lvl difference to wellspring quaff and beast kings to reflect the time effects of getting sage/demon

credits to me for showing you those sites to scan programs with so people know its safe b:laugh
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    cool, now, u need to start this timer yourself or it reads the ingame data?

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2009
    Options
    you need to click the icon on the timer its self, having it read ingame would be a violation of the terms of servicea nd make it an illegal program, sorry

yes chesticles, thanks for leading me onto those sites :)

ceshiari, anything specific you would like to see made? i will do my best to please people, as long as it is legal.

currently working on a compact version of this program, and also working on getting it to shrink into the task bar so it does not take up a slot on your scrollbar at the bottom.

also going to make an EXP calculator for Grievence, i found him wanting one on another thread
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Will have the compact version up tonight around 10pm central time, look forward to reviews from people :)
  • shackles113309
    shackles113309 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I now have a buff timer! D:< I SHALL BE UNSTOPPABLE
    Oh.. And HAI TEQQY! ;D[/FONT][/FONT]

~~Love Poppy (for her awesome messages :3)
    edited October 2009
    Options
    i am excited to annouce that i have gotten the first version of the compact timer up and running. go check it out and send me feedback please :)
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    i wanted to thank you for the link to your vids....good ones on the TT runs, especially Astralwalker. i was on that twice last week, and the squad tried over and over to take down the boss *after* the spawns came out. multi time total party wipe is not fun..... it looked like you had more than one barb there, but only one in the squad- how many people were actually working the situation?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart