NOTICE: PWI Rising Tide Expansion site is LIVE!

14567810»

Comments

• Elvarin - Dreamweaver
    Elvarin - Dreamweaver Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Because Wikipedia is a completely reliable source of freely-editable information. b:surrender
    The PWI mods/GMs actually can't be a reliable source of information by law. Even if they have a release date(which by now they probably do), they'll get sued or someshiz if they say ANYTHING about it. So they just say nothing is true till they officially announce it.

So we don't know anything because it's basically a legal issue. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Scutillette - Sanctuary
    Scutillette - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    The PWI mods/GMs actually can't be a reliable source of information by law. Even if they have a release date(which by now they probably do), they'll get sued or someshiz if they say ANYTHING about it. So they just say nothing is true till they officially announce it.

So we don't know anything because it's basically a legal issue. b:surrender
    Why would it be a legal issue?

On the contrary, assuming MMORPG isn't just making stuff up (which is entirely possible), the date would have had to have been given to them by the devs, in which case they were ready to make the release date known.

Wikipedia I wouldn't believe unless I saw the source of that release date- with all the misinformation floating around (such as that guy 20 pages back insisting it would be December 1st), I wouldn't be surprised if someone saw a made up date and took it as law.
  • Showboat - Dreamweaver
    Showboat - Dreamweaver Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I have updated the release date on Wikipedia and added a reference to the mmorpg.com article. Perhaps someone should add a reference to the official announcement here when it is made.

Oh, and the Rising Tide site looks very nice, though the new voice-over on the video is a bit odd...but I guess that's just because I got used to the original one ><
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PlayBoyRose - Dreamweaver
    PlayBoyRose - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    The more and more rumors i hear....................the more and more the time goes by slower b:cry
    If your a tideborn, and life gets you down b:shedtear
    You know what u do???? b:puzzled-->[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Imalahy - Lost City
    Imalahy - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    note the previous post and I thought I noticed that some mentioned that it takes 50 golds to download the expancion that I wanted to know if it is true, as some people can not enjoy the same as we have no money to get the gold needed.
    Porfin also want to know if any of the above dates are correct.
    thanks for the help ... b:question
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    note the previous post and I thought I noticed that some mentioned that it takes 50 golds to download the expancion that I wanted to know if it is true, as some people can not enjoy the same as we have no money to get the gold needed.
    Porfin also want to know if any of the above dates are correct.
    thanks for the help ... b:question

It most certainly won't cost gold to download the expansion. There are no plans as far as I know to make this a pay-to-play game.

And no one knows the date yet. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    There are no plans as far as I know to make this a pay-to-play game

I recall someone saying PWI is "free to play, pay to win".
    b:chuckle
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    No release date had been announced yet! Any information that you hear is not official!
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    No release date had been announced yet! Any information that you hear is not official!

Thank you b:surrender Now I have a post to quote when people start shouting days again, or asking questions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Spoons, I still strongly advise making a sticky with that in the title (or something similar). And one saying "no new servers to be added until further notice".

Then issue temp bans to anyone still dumb enough to ask. =)
  • Thalron - Lost City
    Thalron - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I haven't played this game for a while, fell out of intrest, but now it's patching (Slowly) and I began to think about the new classes.

Now I don't really know much about the classes themselves, but here are my thoughts.

Firstly, I hate playing overplayed classes. If I really love a class in a game that is played my most of the general population, I am not happy. I didn't play archer when I first started, because at the time I felt it was overplayed.

That little tidbit of information does relate to the new classes. When they come out, one can expect every single player in the game to roll a Pyschic or Assasin, probably leaning toward the latter.

Now, my two favorite classes in any game I have ever played have always been a stealth rogue/assassin, and a holy paladin. I hope you can see where I am leading with this. Do you think the "new-ness" of the classes will die out soon enough, so I can grind in peace and have a fun time with the new classes?

As for the classes themselves, hopefully they aren't overpowered or underpowered, although having a balance with the pre-existing classes will be quite hard. Chances are, if the devs think things through, they will be slightly worse than the other classes, for the sake of balance. There is still however, a chance for other things to happen. In trying to get new players to join the game, or old ones to come back, the new classes might be overpowered to some degree. Now I can't really see this happening to the Pyschic, but the Assassin is another story. From what I read on the expansion site, high level Assassins can attack while in stealth, and stay invisible.

That does seem to pose a bit of a problem...

Anyway, that was just a little bit of talk about the upcoming expansion, i'm sure the new areas and quests will very well meet our expectations, and hopefully the game will still be as easy to run as before.

Whatever my name is, out.
  • Elvarin - Dreamweaver
    Elvarin - Dreamweaver Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    That don't stop me from believing it, Spoonykinsb:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PlayBoyRose - Dreamweaver
    PlayBoyRose - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I haven't played this game for a while, fell out of intrest, but now it's patching (Slowly) and I began to think about the new classes.

Now I don't really know much about the classes themselves, but here are my thoughts.

Firstly, I hate playing overplayed classes. If I really love a class in a game that is played my most of the general population, I am not happy. I didn't play archer when I first started, because at the time I felt it was overplayed.

That little tidbit of information does relate to the new classes. When they come out, one can expect every single player in the game to roll a Pyschic or Assasin, probably leaning toward the latter.

Now, my two favorite classes in any game I have ever played have always been a stealth rogue/assassin, and a holy paladin. I hope you can see where I am leading with this. Do you think the "new-ness" of the classes will die out soon enough, so I can grind in peace and have a fun time with the new classes?

As for the classes themselves, hopefully they aren't overpowered or underpowered, although having a balance with the pre-existing classes will be quite hard. Chances are, if the devs think things through, they will be slightly worse than the other classes, for the sake of balance. There is still however, a chance for other things to happen. In trying to get new players to join the game, or old ones to come back, the new classes might be overpowered to some degree. Now I can't really see this happening to the Pyschic, but the Assassin is another story. From what I read on the expansion site, high level Assassins can attack while in stealth, and stay invisible.

That does seem to pose a bit of a problem...

Anyway, that was just a little bit of talk about the upcoming expansion, i'm sure the new areas and quests will very well meet our expectations, and hopefully the game will still be as easy to run as before.

Whatever my name is, out.

There is a big chance that peoples will not like the classes as much as they thought they would ;). And go back to their mains. But probably starting out its gonna be packed b:victory In every game that brings new features to the table, u will see a lot over use age. But as i said before, as time goes back the tideborn population should be cut in half. But i foreshadow, a lot of lag and kill stealing b:cry
    If your a tideborn, and life gets you down b:shedtear
    You know what u do???? b:puzzled-->[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    There is a big chance that peoples will not like the classes as much as they thought they would ;). And go back to their mains. But probably starting out its gonna be packed b:victory In every game that brings new features to the table, u will see a lot over use age. But as i said before, as time goes back the tideborn population should be cut in half. But i foreshadow, a lot of lag and kill stealing b:cry

If it's anything like the venos and barbs when PWI opened, the assassins will hate the psychics for using magic to attack a target they were running towards b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mavado - Harshlands
    Mavado - Harshlands Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Eh... i just noticed something on the site. Under the description of daily quests it refers to: "the Perfect World Prequel "

What exactly does this mean?

Full excerpt is: "Players can feel the exhilaration and joy of gaming by achieving coin, items, or EXP rewards through quests. In the Perfect World Prequel there is something new to get excited about, public quests!"
    >_< I'm a wizard in disguise... you know like the old cartoon... except with less robots and more fire/ice/rocks....
  • Rashianna - Sanctuary
    Rashianna - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    why does the video on the website skip a lot, is it jus my computer?b:shedtear
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Eh... i just noticed something on the site. Under the description of daily quests it refers to: "the Perfect World Prequel "

What exactly does this mean?

Full excerpt is: "Players can feel the exhilaration and joy of gaming by achieving coin, items, or EXP rewards through quests. In the Perfect World Prequel there is something new to get excited about, public quests!"

I saw that too. b:chuckle Spoons said it might just be an error in translation but I think it's because the story of the Tideborn starts before the story of the other races.
    why does the video on the website skip a lot, is it jus my computer?b:shedtear

I posted a link to a youtube video a while back on this thread that has the same thing. The video skips a lot for me as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • duyormom
    duyormom Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    i cant w8 intill it comes out im going to make both classes i love this b:victory
  • Encyanix - Dreamweaver
    Encyanix - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I need friend who buying gold pm me pls in dreamweaver Encyanix pm me tnx b:pleased
  • TroubleDD - Dreamweaver
    TroubleDD - Dreamweaver Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Do we know if the new territories will be lvl 1, 2, or 3?
  • TsukiTenshi - Sanctuary
    TsukiTenshi - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    o.o
    How did this thread get unstickyed(<-- Wonders if it is actually a word)?
    The site looks nice ^.^
    Can't wait for it to be realeased!

How are things with testing?
    Spoons is a very nice GM b:cute
  • KuppyKake - Lost City
    KuppyKake - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I heard they're coming out december 16th :) b:laugh
  • nowherebrain
    nowherebrain Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    the expansion needs to focus on AI and the quests.....this is where PW fails miserably.
  • Alacol - Sanctuary
    Alacol - Sanctuary Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    the expansion needs to focus on AI and the quests.....this is where PW fails miserably.

This guy makes me lol, because he made his own thread about this, and then goes to post about it elsewhere some more. Great guy, I tell ya.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Switching over to Dreamweaver. See you Dreamweavers soon.
  • BloodSavior - Dreamweaver
    BloodSavior - Dreamweaver Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2009

the only time it fails on quests is when ur a high lvl and you run out of quests. staffs and gms already said there will be new quests. stop your QQ if you think this game fails then find one that suits u better b:bye
  • greeneyedwolf
    greeneyedwolf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    YOu know whats so damn funny right now, the fact that so many people wasted their time to make up stupid **** about there life on this thread. Or about how it wouldnt have a release date. Or how it might now ever happen but guess what DECEMBER 16TH losers and it will actually be here, and more then worth it, and you can bet i'm rolling assassin, Daggers FTW!
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    People need to stop bumping this thread because every time I read the title my eyes like to skip over 'site' and think the expansion was released early. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CutieKitty - Dreamweaver
    CutieKitty - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    It is official that it's releasing December 16th. It was on the game.
This discussion has been closed.