NOTICE: PWI Rising Tide Expansion site is LIVE!

Comments

• Sharea - Dreamweaver
    Sharea - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    There is no release date. Thats what the devs are saying. Now OTHERS have been making up dates. Im not sure where they get there info from. At the end of the official trailer on the expansion site it says "Winter 2009". This is the closest thing to a release date I've seen.

Tideborn Official site

Which makes me think it will be out sometime before the end of this year. Other than that no one can say. If they do they are making it up and I wouldn't believe them. *Unless EatwithSpoons says it or its on the Official TB page don't believe it*
    And just in case you you don't understand
    THERE IS NO RELEASE DATE

Some day before the end of this year we will log on to PWI and the log in screen will be different. The Age of Spirits will be gone and The Rising Tide will be here. If I remember correctly there was no release date for the Spirits Expansion. There was hype then BAM it was here. Im very excited about the expansion also. Its very hard to wait but we have no choice.
    Important things to remember:

1) Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

2) If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.

3) If your going into an fb and the BladeMaster screams "LEROY JENKINS" as he runs into the cave, leave the party. It's only going to get worse from then on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cleon - Harshlands
    Cleon - Harshlands Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    There is no release date. Thats what the devs are saying. Now OTHERS have been making up dates. Im not sure where they get there info from. At the end of the official trailer on the expansion site it says "Winter 2009". This is the closest thing to a release date I've seen.

Tideborn Official site

Which makes me think it will be out sometime before the end of this year. Other than that no one can say. If they do they are making it up and I wouldn't believe them. *Unless EatwithSpoons says it or its on the Official TB page don't believe it*
    And just in case you you don't understand
    THERE IS NO RELEASE DATE

Some day before the end of this year we will log on to PWI and the log in screen will be different. The Age of Spirits will be gone and The Rising Tide will be here. If I remember correctly there was no release date for the Spirits Expansion. There was hype then BAM it was here. Im very excited about the expansion also. Its very hard to wait but we have no choice.

soo.. uhmm.. anyone know the release date?

couldn't resist sowwwy
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    question about these "Public quests"

im a cleric and if i would heal the tanker of the boss/mob would i still count under the helpers(would my quest reward be same as if i would DD?)...(or something xD)

EDIT: i hope all mage classes will be able to use orbs as well D:<!!!!
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    Kitsuneh - Lost City Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    soo.. uhmm.. anyone know the release date?

couldn't resist sowwwy

I first thought you were braindead or something before I checked your secret message xD I did same thing while agob:chuckle

I'd like to know if there is new rare pets/all-class pets coming..
  • ulfrun
    ulfrun Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    i played PW a while and quit, got tired i guess, but i here about this Expansion through an email and i got to say i want to try the Assassian something new at first i thought it was live in game but from reading here i see its not in yet,anyway im dling the client so i can update with the new expancion when it is here
    cya in game
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    i have a theory (which is not true of course, but an interesting idea anyways)

my theory was spawned when i saw the fishy armor the assassin is wearing...

"Medium Armor"

it's basically the reverse of light armor. where LA gives balanced protection with the weight more towards magdef, "MA" will give balanced protection with the weight more towards pdef!

with this different style of defence comes a cost however, in that "MA" costs slightly more strength, slightly less dex to equip than LA (but much less str and much more dex than HA lol)

which leads me into my idea on the best assassin build if that armor type were to be real:
    6dex // 3str // 1vit
    since sins are melee, they need a little vit, however i'd say cap it at 40-60, depending on how much money you can spend on refining your gear

anyways, just something i thought i'd share... gave me a chuckle thinking about it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • Kudajia - Heavens Tear
    Kudajia - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I do hope that they give the release date out soon. I can wait b:pleased
    where do some ppl get those mounts that look like lobsters? I don't see them in the normal place to buy the mounts.
  • HikaruXI - Dreamweaver
    HikaruXI - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Anni packs if I'm correct thats where you get them from
    I'm a Guy watch it

~It doesn't matter if I am fighting alone or not, I will always fight for those who need me"~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cruxheals - Lost City
    Cruxheals - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Man, Im REALLY looking forward to making a Psychic. This new race is going to be really fun :) I think Dec 2. is when I read the foreign version releases so ours will hopefully be the same or shortly after.
  • soulcharmer
    soulcharmer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Lol what confuses me is WHY IS THERE A TIDEBORN in the Exp2 Drop Poster For This Weekened?b:thanksb:thanks
  • Asurr - Heavens Tear
    Asurr - Heavens Tear Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    They are idiots who can't understand the concept of "search before posting". I'll just leave it at that.

But that would require common sense... something those same idiots clearly don't have.

hmm, i already know about the release date and that there is no official one. and i never asked anything about it. infact this is my first time posting in this thread. but i see ppl like u on ALL forums in almost any MMO or any type of forum for that matter that yells "USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!" so ima humor u for a bit and explain how useless the "search button" is.

just a few mins ago i used the search button with the key words "rising tides release date" u know what the search results came up with? beleive it or not the first 4 pages had NOTHING at all to do with the rising tides expansion at all so forget about actually searching for the release date. most of the pages talked about "rising" gold prices. "rising" herc/nyx prices. a date about someone getting married, dont know wtf that was about. also had stuff about ppl quitting and new mounts and stuff.

so i tried the advanced feature and used "search by threads" instead of "search by posts". and u know what poped up? THIS thread and a FAQ thread about the expansion. but surprisingly and shockingly they didnt include a pretty importan question and a pretty important answer which should have looked like this

"when will the rising tides expansion be released?"
    A: there is no official release date, we will let u all know when there is one

but there isnt a question nor a answer like that in all. instead we have to search numerous pages in this thread to find one or numerous pages in the other thread to find one. and beleive it or not but some ppl do not want to s earch 26+ and sometimes 50+ pages to find a answer to something.

anyway for all the TL;DR ppl SEARCH BUTTON ON ALL TYPES OF FORUMS ARE USELESS AS DOG ****. actually no, i take that back. dog **** is more usefull then a search button on a forum.
  • jtsebastian1
    jtsebastian1 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    November 19, 2009 - Redwood City, CA - Perfect World Entertainment is preparing to unveil its third and largest expansion, 'Rising Tide,' for its flagship MMORPG title Perfect World International in December 2009. This expansion focuses on the appearance of the Tideborn - an aquatic race that has resided under the safety of the sea for the previous millennia. Players will be tasked with unraveling the mystery of their sudden appearance while taking in numerous new sights and sounds in the game.

THIS COMES FROM IGN.COM WHO RECENTLY INTERVIEWED A PWI DEVELOPER ON NOV. 19TH REALEASE WILL BE SOMETIME IN DECEMBER.
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    November 19, 2009 - Redwood City, CA - Perfect World Entertainment is preparing to unveil its third and largest expansion, 'Rising Tide,' for its flagship MMORPG title Perfect World International in December 2009. This expansion focuses on the appearance of the Tideborn - an aquatic race that has resided under the safety of the sea for the previous millennia. Players will be tasked with unraveling the mystery of their sudden appearance while taking in numerous new sights and sounds in the game.

THIS COMES FROM IGN.COM WHO RECENTLY INTERVIEWED A PWI DEVELOPER ON NOV. 19TH REALEASE WILL BE SOMETIME IN DECEMBER.

link please
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Wall of text

Funny, I typed in "Rising Tide release date" and there were 9 results. Some of them were useless (this thread if you don't want to read through it, a few unrelated threads) but there's at least one that mentions that there is no release date from a GM.

If you weren't so lazy you had to post yourself, you could also look through the last 10 or so pages of this thread. In fact, there's a good chance that someone asked the release date at least once every five pages. I used to link them to the GM post saying it wasn't release but I got tired of it.

Note: "Expansion release date" comes up with even more posts of people asking and spoons saying it's not known yet. So before you make a fool of yourself actually try what you claim is impossible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    If you weren't so lazy you had to post yourself, you could also look through the last 10 or so pages of this thread. In fact, there's a good chance that someone asked the release date at least once every five pages.

actually, there's a couple times where the posts go like this:

(Post1)somenoob: wut's the releaze dates???!?!?!???

(Post2)forumposter: there is no release date yet

(Post3)someothernoob: hey! whens the expansion coming out?

(Post4)forumposter: -_-;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • tink32
    tink32 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Fantastic... Love the site, cant wait till it comes out... Any clues to when it might yet? Please you have to give us something!!
  • Sharea - Dreamweaver
    Sharea - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    b:sad
    b:cry
    b:surrender
    Important things to remember:

1) Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

2) If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.

3) If your going into an fb and the BladeMaster screams "LEROY JENKINS" as he runs into the cave, leave the party. It's only going to get worse from then on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bobbyjoe - Sanctuary
    Bobbyjoe - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    hey when is the release date I just started playing this game a week ago

lol just felt like doing that :p
    BILLY MAYS LOVE YOU
  • Asurr - Heavens Tear
    Asurr - Heavens Tear Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    there is only 3 topics about the expansion when u put in those keywords and 1 of them is this topic. and this one is 26+ pages long and the other one is 50+ pages long. being lazy or not some ppl just dont feel like reading thru it all so they find it easier to just post and ask questions in the main thread about it.

and it rly doesnt help to troll/flame anyone who asks about the release date. if it bothers u THAT much then why not ignore them? pretend the person directly above me doesnt even exist and let him find out for himself. no need to flame/troll.

btw, i think alot of ppl are doing this on purpose now with alt accounts or something. but either way, ignore them instead of flame baiting. cuz then that will just make the person who is flame baiting a pure ******* that has nothing better to do with his/her time other then to call another guy a idiot/******. which is probally the high point of his/her day which is not a good thing.
  • Elvarin - Dreamweaver
    Elvarin - Dreamweaver Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    hey when is the release date I just started playing this game a week ago

lol just felt like doing that :p
    I rage'd when I read that. Then I saw your level... then I laughed.b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kudajia - Heavens Tear
    Kudajia - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    thank you, I will have to save up enough coins in the game to buy gold for that pack.
  • Pegasi - Lost City
    Pegasi - Lost City Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I LOLed at the last page where three people asked when the release date was, one retorting, another stating when it's supposed to be, and the last two or three telling another that there is no official one offhandedly.
    That's like.... what, six posts stating about 4-5 ways that there is no official date; ON THE SAME PAGE!
    Wooooow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When Saukey decides she can swim, I know I didn't get the DC pop-up again. Wish she swam when it matters.
  • PlayBoyRose - Dreamweaver
    PlayBoyRose - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    So someone found the IGN info xD. And its says December 2009 ;).

but that's common sense though. Although it might subject to change. Until later. Don't get your hopes to built up ppls b:cry

And someone asked for proof.

Here is the link they asked for :D

http://pc.ign.com/articles/104/1047601p1.html

which probably, a lot of you already knew about this b:victory

Just trying to help :)

toodles b:cute
    If your a tideborn, and life gets you down b:shedtear
    You know what u do???? b:puzzled-->[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ATHAXIS - Sanctuary
    ATHAXIS - Sanctuary Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    helpkv.jpg
    So the buzz about this expansion has been growing more and more, now our expansion site is live!

Stop by, check it out, and try not to get too impatient!

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/expansion

One more thing to hold us over while we wait! But this makes it so much harder!
    helpoh.jpg
    b:angryb:angry im STUCK in pwi in new zone!! help me!! 23.11.2009 pls !!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:cutemy xmas list!
    1.some powerfull weap. 4 my assasin and armors
    2.some verry extra mega giga rare wings 4 my assasin
    3.assasin clothes 4 my assasin
    4.1 tome +45 vit
    5.a nightfall mount
    6.1kkkk atk charms
    7.a all class pet that will look like a grim ripper!
    8.a bigger x mas list
    9.some rare chat emoticons
    10.a lvl 50 assasin
    b:dirty
  • Xiomy - Sanctuary
    Xiomy - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
  • Scutillette - Sanctuary
    Scutillette - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited November 2009

The plot thickens... can we get an official yay or nay on this?

And Athaxis, how did you manage to do that? ;)
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    The plot thickens... can we get an official yay or nay on this?

And Athaxis, how did you manage to do that? ;)

Heard people town port near the southeast part of the map, and get stuck there indefinitely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Darcwolf - Lost City
    Darcwolf - Lost City Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Wikipedia says the 2nd, which is next Tuesday...... right after update?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_World

Rising Tide

(To Be Released Dec, 02 2009)

* New Race: Tideborn
    * New Classes: Psychic and Assassin
    * More than 200 new quests
    * New dungeons
    * New top-tier gear and equipment
    * More than 100 new monsters
    * Additional territories added for Territory Wars
    * New "Recasting" Equipment System
    * Public Quest System
    * Daily Quests for Married Players
    * Hair/Hat Fashion Slot
    * Account Stash System
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Wikipedia says the 2nd, which is next Tuesday...... right after update?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_World

Rising Tide

(To Be Released Dec, 02 2009)

* New Race: Tideborn
    * New Classes: Psychic and Assassin
    * More than 200 new quests
    * New dungeons
    * New top-tier gear and equipment
    * More than 100 new monsters
    * Additional territories added for Territory Wars
    * New "Recasting" Equipment System
    * Public Quest System
    * Daily Quests for Married Players
    * Hair/Hat Fashion Slot
    * Account Stash System

Because Wikipedia is a completely reliable source of freely-editable information. b:surrender

Anyone remember Wikipedia saying you get 50 free gold when the expansion comes out?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Darcwolf - Lost City
    Darcwolf - Lost City Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Because Wikipedia is a completely reliable source of freely-editable information. b:surrender

Anyone remember Wikipedia saying you get 50 free gold when the expansion comes out?

Go try to edit something on wikipedia that isn't accurate, it will be changed back in 1 minutes, lol.

Not saying its 100% sure, but wikipedia is "Usually" pretty accurate.
This discussion has been closed.