Why do guys make female characters?

Options
hemoglobin
hemoglobin Posts: 1 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Off-Topic Discussion
I want to hear it from a male perspective.
Post edited by hemoglobin on

Comments

• LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Because...

a.) they have to if they want to be a veno
    b.) a guy doesnt want to stare at another guy's back while gaming
    c.) they can and its free
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Personally, I made a female character to do something different from what I normally do. In most other MMO's I've played, I make a male char. I even was about to make a male char here, but I was tired while doing that, so went to sleep instead. Next day, I came back, and just figured "why not?" so, here I am. A guy in RL with a female char, just because it's different from my norm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    O____O that is a good question...... *hope asks all her guy friends why they made girl characters xD*

Lol as a girl, sometimes its weird knowing that a guy is playing a girl character but... Why make a big deal of it when girls play guy characters too?

This topic is so weird... Its mostly focused on the guys playing girls characters, they forget the girls playing guy characters.... xD...

b:surrender For example, one of my friends (Girl) made a guy wiz and she did that because she wanted to play "differently" than she would on a girl character... But yeah... Don't ask me, I don't have a guy character at all =P I just know a lot of people who do b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • LordChronis - Dreamweaver
    LordChronis - Dreamweaver Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    1. ****
    2. Bigger ****?
    3. They rolled a veno :O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Everything is based on mind, is led by mind, is fashioned by mind. If you speak and act with a pure mind, happiness will follow you, as a shadow clings to a form.
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    1. ****
    2. Bigger ****?
    3. They rolled a veno :O

this lol....

personally, i choose gender like so:

blademaster- female because the male animations are too damn rigid and simply straight fugly

wizard- male, because it's my favorite class. i always choose my gender on fav class, simply because i'll be spending ALOT of time on it. gets annoying having to say "I'M A GUY DAMMIT!" b:laugh

barbarian- male, no option. would choose male anyways lol. female as main tank just doesn't feel right to me. something about the fact that females just simply cant take the beating that guys can (try it gals, i dare you)

venomancer- female, no option (would choose male if i could, and would be my favorite class if i could just choose to be a damn guy!)

archer- female (play male archer, and shoot the metal skills. gaaaaay!)

cleric- female. women will always be better in a healing situation than men. they are more dexterous, and they know exactly how to put people's mind and body at ease...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • hemoglobin
    edited November 2009
    Options
    its cool. do what you want its just a game. plus its the only way you can be both genders without going under a knife :)

i am a girl that plays male chars because well...i like being a guy xD
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Because...

I pick A, for me.
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    No idea.
    I read a post somewhere that kinda hinted that guys who make guy characters are ****. Lmfail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • hemoglobin
    edited November 2009
    Options
    thats funny, i have a guy friend who only makes guy characters and he always talks about how good looking and buff his character is, lmfao
  • Accelerated - Sanctuary
    Accelerated - Sanctuary Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

This. Just as simple as that. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥ - 藤林 杏-様 - ♥
    ♥ Kyou Fujibayashi-sama ♥
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Or they are confused.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Loner - Harshlands
    Loner - Harshlands Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    It's so annoying.. Then they get pissed when you refer to them as "her" >.>
  • KeyAxe - Heavens Tear
    KeyAxe - Heavens Tear Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    prolly cause they want to play a determinate class (this game's case). or prolly cuz:
    Running for my dreams...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Abide - Harshlands
    Abide - Harshlands Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    hemoglobin wrote: »
    thats funny, i have a guy friend who only makes guy characters and he always talks about how good looking and buff his character is, lmfao

I do the same thing lmao thats why i dont make female characters. It makes me feel weird. Only because when your a female character im sure some guys talk differently to chicks then they do to men. and im a guy on a female character and a guy is talking to my character like im actually a girl. Thats creepy then u blow there bubble when you say your a guy and they dont want to talk to you no more lol.

( Male )
    ~! Pkers Cons !~
    Pking Noobs = Raging Noobs = Noobs get high level ( Also feeling sorry that level 30's getting pked by 80s+ = Them same Noobs that was being pked and now is a higher level Thurst bang them same high levels that were pking them = Hurting the Clans that pk low level noobs because in the long run them same noobs might would of want to join your faction but now they think otherwise and go to another faction.

This is the life line i will live.

완벽한 세상이 프로.
  • Delmarte - Lost City
    Delmarte - Lost City Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    It's fun. Besides, my main is a male character that looks similar to me, only much smexier. It's fun watching yourself kick ****! But making a female character and watching her perfectly designed self kick **** is just kinda gratifying (And not in a dirty way, although I'll bet a few guys get that out of it too. b:chuckle). I don't know. Maybe it's the same principle that causes girls to like playing with dolls. People like customization. It adds a sense of ownership. And frankly I take pride in my incredibly cute lv 10 cleric. She's a work of art. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If I'm here I'm bored or procrastinating. b:cute
  • prancing
    prancing Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Some people and rightly so feel no compulsion to make their in game avatar a representation of their physical characteristics in real life.

Honestly when you play street fighter and are a guy you can't pick Chun Lee?
    m5arXCN.png
  • ZenGirl - Lost City
    ZenGirl - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

barbarian- male, no option. would choose male anyways lol. female as main tank just doesn't feel right to me. something about the fact that females just simply cant take the beating that guys can (try it gals, i dare you)

Try childbirth then tell me what you think a girl cant take.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Dont derail this topic =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Elvarin - Dreamweaver
    Elvarin - Dreamweaver Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Well honestly, I don't consider my character as an avatar(aka me in-game), I consider it what it is: A character. I have about an equal amount of male characters as I do female characters in MMOs. It just don't matter to me.
    It's so annoying.. Then they get pissed when you refer to them as "her" >.>
    As long as I'm playing as a female character, I have no problems going along with it if they refer to me as my character a "her". But if you're refering to me IRL or anything else, I'll probably correct you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Because I get tired of looking at the backside of a male character for 9482349234 hours. There's already enough repetition in this game -- even if it's just pixels I'd rather be looking at a female character of mine on occasion than just strictly males. As for the poor sap who tries to hit on my female character(s), that's his problem.
  • Severi - Dreamweaver
    Severi - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Well me, I guess being a Veno is just my style. I don't like to wait for a pt and I don't like being up in the action where I could die. Yep Veno is for me
    ::Characters::

~Dreamweaver ~

~ Venomancer - Severi - Female~
    ~ Barbarian - SevriTiger - Male~
    ~ Cleric - SevriApollo - Female ~
    ~ Archer - SevriElf - Female ~
    ~ Blademaster - SevriNick- Female ~
    ~ Wizard - SevriDiemer - Male ~
    ~ Assasin - Sevri? - Female ~
    ~ Psychic - Sevri? - Male ~
  • The_Champion - Sanctuary
    The_Champion - Sanctuary Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Try childbirth then tell me what you think a girl cant take.

It's called getting in a taco eating contest with your friends, pretty common pain...

Actually sometimes it doesn't matter what your gender is, many people just assume your gender no matter your a male or female. My wizard is a guy but, so far about 10 times others said her or she, which is REALLY ANNOYING!!!! They even see my icon is blue not orange in squad, doesn't matter, they assume the game's wrong...b:lipcurl

P.S. The game's graphics are too good to pass up making a female character.b:sin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sounds about right
  • Velenthiea - Sanctuary
    Velenthiea - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    The reason I made a female is because ( VELENTHIEA ) is my main protagonist with in my story <Chronicles Of Velenthiea> That I wish to finish next year.
    I like to portray my protagonist's as they would be described within my text

Standing at 5
    <Chronicles of velenthiea>

(pro-log)
    Velenthiea a world were peace upholds the community were land flourishes with vegetation, life and happiness. Velenthiea is a world built to keep the balance between worlds the resting place of the seraphic gates without these gates all worlds would join bringing chaos, death and darkness in the most sinister ways your mind cannot possibly conceive. (C) N.G.C
  • Ravencrow - Dreamweaver
    Ravencrow - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

My wizard is a guy but, so far about 10 times others said her or she, which is REALLY ANNOYING!!!!

Does your wizard have a girl name? Sometimes i get referred to a guy its like "wtf?" b:angry
  • The_Champion - Sanctuary
    The_Champion - Sanctuary Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Does your wizard have a girl name? Sometimes i get referred to a guy its like "wtf?" b:angry

I'm pretty sure " PainIsHere" isn't girly, but what do I know b:lipcurl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sounds about right
  • Empty_Ice - Dreamweaver
    Empty_Ice - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I made a girl character because I wanted to play as a Veno, and you can't be a male character for it. It all depends. Sometimes I'm a guy, and sometimes I'm a girl. Whichever looks better.
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I always preferred playing as female characters (on any game where it's permitted) for the main reason I enjoy staring at girls than guys.
    b:victory
  • Calla_Lily - Sanctuary
    Calla_Lily - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Because...

I Pick A b:chuckle
  • Taranta - Dreamweaver
    Taranta - Dreamweaver Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Main reasons why I rolled a female character:

1) I wanted to play as a veno, so no choice
    2) It's a character...I've created a fiction based around her, so she has as much of a "reality" as myself
    3) PWI has some fugly guys...I don't mind playing as a male character, but I have my preferences when playing, and I'd rather look attractive.
    4) It leads to amusing moments with noobs giving me things...I return most, but there's a quick lesson in scamming.
    I shall dominate the Dreamweaver server through the use of Baked goods...and only baked goods.^^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Venomancers are Female. Barbarians are male. It will forever be this way. So suck it up and deal with it already.
  • Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    Ikurei - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

A and C in my case. Had nothing to do with the funbags at all.b:avoid
    Meh, saw a couple other people doing this so...
    "Time to kill a famous thread then." andracil
    "Banning a troll is the ultimate troll my good sirs" eatwithspoons
    "Be careful about all of the GIRLs (Guy in RL) that you meet." eatwithspoons
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
    "Necro hunting >:3
    Also, I'm in someone's sig!" andracil (Sorry, I had to.b:surrender)
    "Welcome to the forums. You will die here." Konariraiden - Heavens Tear