Tideborn will stabilize economy?

Options
Sharksfire - Heavens Tear
Sharksfire - Heavens Tear Posts: 77 Arc User
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
Do you think with new classes and new mouths to be fed the price of gold will finally go back down? Just wondering what your thoughts would be and why.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Sharksfire - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• TehMage - Lost City
    TehMage - Lost City Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    When has anything new made prices go. IJS
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I think it depends greatly on how good the expansion is, but here's my initial projection:

If the anniversary packs continue to stay in the CS, gold will take yet another leap up. A ton of people will splurge on packs for oracles and reputation to accelerate the leveling of the new classes, as well as aiming for gear and just cash to use on their new characters. This is guaranteed to increase gold prices.

Even if the Anni packs are removed from the CS, there will still be new things. I can almost guarantee new mounts, aerogear, and fashion items. All of these things will cause an increase in gold prices.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    b:shockedno...?

but u cna live with prices this high lol... just farm herbs and that
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I doubt it, ppl are ready with stuff like oracles and scarlet fruit. In fact I wouldnt be surprise if certain things went up.b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Kyit - Harshlands
    Kyit - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Just makes it more profitable to sell gold, the prices will EVENTUALLY stabilize after about a month or 2 past the release date when everyone has tideborn about lvl 50-60. If you can buy gold now and wait till after the release date to sell u could make a killing, then buy more when it goes down b:laugh.
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Do you think with new classes and new mouths to be fed the price of gold will finally go back down? Just wondering what your thoughts would be and why.

Why would imaginary currency all of a sudden become more valuable in its fragile relationship with real money? Every day the value of in-game currency diminishes because there is more and more of it, it is imaginary, made up of nothing and has no backing in the real world; there is an infinite supply of it, no limit to how many little imaginary gold coins a player can have. Gold on the other hand is a limited supply, it comes from real money which is created at set rates.

So yah, why should fake money all of a sudden be worth more real money?
  • Barbane - Heavens Tear
    Barbane - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I sure hope everything will go back to be at least a of a normal price again, i mean come on its just outrageous how the prices are today.......
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    Silver - Dreamweaver Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    The main reason for this addition is mainly because.... They want you to play more, now hear me out.

1. This addition means more play hours in order to hit lvl 100 in order to get a godly weapon
    2. Play more= more charms, more potions, money fashions, mounts,etc
    3. More charms= more people buying gold to capitalize on the excessive need of gold to buy different things
    4. More Gold into the game= stabilization of the gold prices, making it so they need to buy more gold in order to break even i.e gold will go down from 600k to like 100-300k, which means they need to buy more gold to "break even" with their previous gold price of 600k.
    5. Stablization of gold economy= A better, larger stream of gold/money flow going into the game and essentially into the Gms Pocket.

So in essence, this addition has produced more of an income for the gms then the anniversary packs will as well as bringing back the older players in order to get these weapons. So pretty much with all the new Mounts, Fashions, charms, teles, guardian angel sells, etc they bring out the more money they get simply because the game is getting played longer.

Idk about you guys but I think this is a win win for everyone XD

~Silver

p.s I already said that in this page
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=5404642#post5404642
    so pretty much you guys are saying the same thing a said over and over again
    Most Ironic phrase in the English language is Common Sense, its easiest concept to understand yet few people ever grasp it.

~Silver
  • Barbane - Heavens Tear
    Barbane - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Hmmmmm you may be right.
  • Collapse - Harshlands
    Collapse - Harshlands Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I'm sure if the packs left us when the expasnion comes out, we will see a slight drop in gold price, only by about 100-150k tho. Gold will never return to "The old prices" just because the game economy itself is inflationary. There aren't enoguh coin sinks to suck coins from the economy and theres waaaaaaaay too much coin flooding in via anniversary packs and from territory payments. I think the best we can hope for in the future is some kind of cap on how much gold can be sold for (Like Pw MY).
    Currently playing : |||| Waiting for:
    Allods |||||| G.W.2
    GW
    Bloodline Champions
  • VirusArcher - Dreamweaver
    VirusArcher - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    it will make the equips of tideborns go up
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    prices will go higher.
    (people with tons of gold or in game coins would spend it all on oracles to power level/equipment for their tideborn.)
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • denesis
    denesis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I think the best we can hope for in the future is some kind of cap on how much gold can be sold for (Like Pw MY).

Are u sure?
    THE GAME IS DEAD b:byeb:byeb:bye
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    PW MY has a gold selling price cap???
    REALLY?
    whats the cap set at?
    b:puzzled
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    here's my prediction (this encompasses a range of factors, including the "unmentionables")

we currently are steady at around 500k right?

i predict gold to skyrocket for the first week or so of the release of the tideborn, then fall back down a bit
    (assuming annipacks are still around. if they aren't, gold will stay approximately where it's at)

after the initial oracle power-leveling is over, gold will skyrocket once again, because the new "highlvl" tideborn characters will be buying tons of stuff from botique for upgrades
    (fashion, dragon orbs, socket stones, heiros, etc, etc)

once the second gold rush is done, and assuming the annipacks are gone (part of me hopes they stay tbh), gold prices will edge down to about 200k-250k per gold (5 gold = iron hammer = coin chest = 1mil) this downturn will take *at least* 3-6 months

this is just a prediction, but keep in mind it's based on a limited scope of observance of the gold situation i've had over the entire course of the recent gold market insanity

one thing to note: it is *undeniable fact* that gold will *never* go below 200k per, as the 1mil coin chest sets gold at "actual value" of 200k per (200k*5=1mil. the 5 represents the cost of the iron hammer needed to open the chest)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • Collapse - Harshlands
    Collapse - Harshlands Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Gold cannot be sold or bought for more then 1 million coins per unit on PW MY. Gold price without it would fluctuate wildy becuz of the constant barrage of gamble boxes in the cash shop. I expect the same from PWI in the future.
    Currently playing : |||| Waiting for:
    Allods |||||| G.W.2
    GW
    Bloodline Champions
  • Kyit - Harshlands
    Kyit - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    i agree but we must not count out the people who will be buying gold.
    a month ago the gold price on harshlands jumped from 500k to over 650k in one day simply because one very rich player bought all the gold in the exchange. Offers skyrocketed almost instantly when there was no more gold for sale. I made a killing off of it b:laugh but it still shows how easily even one person can shift the game. If everyone wants to buy MORE gold in exchange without spending real money and if instead of selling people are spending the gold they do buy on oracles and charms it means LESS in the gold shop.
    lack of supply + more demand = higher prices.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I doubt it, ppl are ready with stuff like oracles and scarlet fruit. In fact I wouldnt be surprise if certain things went up.b:sad

This. Oracle sales are going to bump up quite a bit, if anything it'll probably make it higher.

Also, you have to keep in mind there's going to be new tideborn-related CS stuff (flying mounts (wings), other unrelated CS things coming with the expansion, etc.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • TheGodOfVVar - Sanctuary
    TheGodOfVVar - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    The only thing that will stabilize the economy is removing the anny packs and not replacing them with something similar, like X-mas packs. This was proven when the anny packs were "accidentally" removed for a day or two back in the beginning of the month. On the Sanctuary server, gold dropped almost 200k each, from 500k to almost 300k.

Remove packs and keep them gone will stabilize the economy. The new expansion will have little to no effect.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    you can't bid more than 999 900 on gold in AH. the prices on my-en are so inflated that there is thousands of gold in AH buying at 999 900 and 0 selling. anyone who charges cubi in that version sells it over world chat instead of AH. current price is about 1.5mil per cubi.
  • TehMage - Lost City
    TehMage - Lost City Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    To be honest i dont think the packs are going anywhere, vacations are coming up (thanksgiving holidays and xmas not to mention a couple days of new years if anyone gets those) and people will be able to play, meaning more charms to burn, more pots to buy, more grinding to be done etc. etc. etc. The prices will stay at around 500-650k like they have been (on LostCity).

Only way to change this is to remove packs, but PWE is making so much money from this, and the rewards are so amazing that people almost can't help but keep charging Zen to buy these packs/ sell them.
  • thehonos
    thehonos Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    gold prices depends on how much pps wanna spend for it.
    as long as there r no instruments to get bigger amounts of coins out o the game, the goldprices will stay high.

only things like high refinement cost loads of coins/gold this takes away bigger amounts of coins out off the game.
  • Sharksfire - Heavens Tear
    Sharksfire - Heavens Tear Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Yeah, im wonderin if anni packs will become permanent. I'm sure they've made a ton of loot and still are, considering the mass complaints received and that PWI anniversary was over 2 months ago. (nuffin like tootin your own horn.) I hope they change the name first lol. I think they will stay in cs and bigger badder things that come with the expansion will make the front page.

I was just hoping, dreaming really that new classes would make it more like it was when i started. I hate having to think about economics and corporate greed when im trying to sit, play, and relax.

Same thing happened in HT when anni packs were gone for a day, gold down from 500 to 300k. Hmmm Buying at 500 and selling when the expansion comes out doesnt seem like a bad idea. People will more than likely be clamoring for it. Alas, i just cant do it. Might be foolish on my part not to take advantage, but its not why i play. So if anni packs stay gold will stay the same til expansion, shoot up briefly, then a very painstakingly slow decline
    til it levels at about 300k or so is my conclusion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Stabilize? Maybe, but prices sure as hell won't go down. There's no good gold sinks and there's a certain few morons who seem to think keeping anniversary packs in the cash shop is a good idea.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    The only way the "economy" will stabilize is for PWI not to have any sales of any kind for at least 6 months. But that is something they clearly refuse to do.
  • Jhaernyl - Heavens Tear
    Jhaernyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Yeah, im wonderin if anni packs will become permanent. .

No need for them to stay perm.... sooooo many others they can release to replace them b:chuckle.
  • eme91
    eme91 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    well to me i think that if we buy gold for less and wait a few weeks the sellers would have no choice but to sell them at that price
  • arawon
    arawon Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I think this is a fairly minimal event. Everyone has new classes..new territory.(yawn).There are many games having this kind of event now or in the next 30days.Soooo..I view it as almost a defensive( we have to do something ) move.Will it change the game...60 days from launch and you won't even know it happened.
  • Trista_Zel - Dreamweaver
    Trista_Zel - Dreamweaver Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    eme91 wrote: »
    well to me i think that if we buy gold for less and wait a few weeks the sellers would have no choice but to sell them at that price

This.

Tideborn or not, gold prices are what they are because we, the players, keep buying it at that price. If everyone stops buying it at the prices they are now, logically, the sellers will have to lower their prices to make money. However, it doesn't seem that people are that smart yet and keep insisting that an expansion or a new server or some other method is going to magically fix everything.
    Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality.
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    This.

Tideborn or not, gold prices are what they are because we, the players, keep buying it at that price. If everyone stops buying it at the prices they are now, logically, the sellers will have to lower their prices to make money. However, it doesn't seem that people are that smart yet and keep insisting that an expansion or a new server or some other method is going to magically fix everything.

typical nub response.

hit 95+ and then try to not buy gold related items. you will crash and burn. no charms = no tw. no charms = no TT no event mp pots = no MP (yes, gold = tokens, tokens = mp pots) no rb, no grinding for any class ( except veno) etcetcetc... think before you speak pl0x
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]