Options
2»

Comments

• Trista_Zel - Dreamweaver
    Trista_Zel - Dreamweaver Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    typical nub response.

hit 95+ and then try to not buy gold related items. you will crash and burn. no charms = no tw. no charms = no TT no event mp pots = no MP (yes, gold = tokens, tokens = mp pots) no rb, no grinding for any class ( except veno) etcetcetc... think before you speak pl0x

Basically what you just said is that you'd rather spend more to do all that rather than less.

My "typical nub response" is actually basic economics. Hit age 18+ then try to make it the world without an education. You will crash and burn.
    Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality.
  • Vixre - Harshlands
    Vixre - Harshlands Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Anniversary packs aside, with the introduction of this Tideborn expansion, won't there be more level 9x+ weaponry? Wouldn't this lead to an increased demand of dragon orbs? That alone would drive up gold prices wouldn't it? There's an increasing number of level 9x people, and everyone at that point will probably try to +5 or more their weapons o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Anniversary packs aside, with the introduction of this Tideborn expansion, won't there be more level 9x+ weaponry? Wouldn't this lead to an increased demand of dragon orbs? That alone would drive up gold prices wouldn't it? There's an increasing number of level 9x people, and everyone at that point will probably try to +5 or more their weapons o.o

Not necessarily. With the recasting system they're introducing, refines/sockets/etc will be carried over into better gear, thus reducing the need for orbs somewhat or at least keeping the demand the same. You'd only need to refine a piece once and you'd already have the better gear refined after recasting.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    If this thread continues to stay off topic I will be forced to lock it, just FYIb:laugh
  • kaboro
    kaboro Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Why would imaginary currency all of a sudden become more valuable in its fragile relationship with real money? Every day the value of in-game currency diminishes because there is more and more of it, it is imaginary, made up of nothing and has no backing in the real world; there is an infinite supply of it, no limit to how many little imaginary gold coins a player can have. Gold on the other hand is a limited supply, it comes from real money which is created at set rates.

So yah, why should fake money all of a sudden be worth more real money?

This is common sense and as such it does not belong in a gold price qq thread :P
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Basically what you just said is that you'd rather spend more to do all that rather than less.

My "typical nub response" is actually basic economics. Hit age 18+ then try to make it the world without an education. You will crash and burn.

LOGIC? lol, not realistic logic. you really think that everyone will EVER just stop buying gold altogether? thats some fail **** logic you got going there.
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    This.

Tideborn or not, gold prices are what they are because we, the players, keep buying it at that price. If everyone stops buying it at the prices they are now, logically, the sellers will have to lower their prices to make money. However, it doesn't seem that people are that smart yet and keep insisting that an expansion or a new server or some other method is going to magically fix everything.
    Gold prices will not go down because there's so much coins in circulation.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
    edited November 2009
    Options
    LOGIC? lol, not realistic logic. you really think that everyone will EVER just stop buying gold altogether? thats some fail **** logic you got going there.

Keep in mind that I said, and I quote, "buying at high prices". Not once did I ever say stop buying altogether. Read before you reply, moron. Of course, they can continue to buy it at high prices if they want to. However, they need to stop crying about the high prices while doing so.

Explain to me how it isn't realistic. If people stop buying gold for high prices the sellers have two choices: Lower prices in order to keep their customers, or keep their high prices and make no money at all. That's the solution to the problem of lowering gold prices. Now, if you're just too butt sore because you aren't nearly smart enough to have thought of it first, that's not my problem.
    Gold prices will not go down because there's so much coins in circulation.

The amount of coins in circulation has little effect on gold prices. As long as people continue to pay 500k per gold, the price is going to stay that way, regardless of how much coin is in circulation. It WILL affect how long it takes to sell, however. But if you can sell one gold for 500k in an hour or a day or even a week, someone bought it and you got their money, so what difference does it make?
  • CherryS - Heavens Tear
    CherryS - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    need more ingames things that cost coin not gold... only way to stablize to the econmey sure TW takes a few mil out of the game but thats not that offen. need a big event that everyone can waste there coins on not gold. thats really temping like the Anni packs.

less coin, less coin no people to offer for gold, gold lows cost so it can get taken.
  • Negreiros - Sanctuary
    Negreiros - Sanctuary Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    2 things makes gold price goes down...no niver pack on shop,and increase drops rate of mobs(not bosses)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] i have seen PW alive...it was awesome xD
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    The amount of coins in circulation has little effect on gold prices. As long as people continue to pay 500k per gold, the price is going to stay that way, regardless of how much coin is in circulation. It WILL affect how long it takes to sell, however. But if you can sell one gold for 500k in an hour or a day or even a week, someone bought it and you got their money, so what difference does it make?
    Because people have more money to spend. All the prices are affected when it comes to players.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Rofl_lmao - Heavens Tear
    Rofl_lmao - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    there will b new fash bcus if u look at the pics on the oficial tideborn site ull c sum new fash.not to mention the mounts theres gona b new ones for all the classes so either everyones gona go cash shoping and prices will go lower cus sellers will b desperet.or prices will go mega high and then everyones broke -_-
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    there will b new fash bcus if u look at the pics on the oficial tideborn site ull c sum new fash.not to mention the mounts theres gona b new ones for all the classes so either everyones gona go cash shoping and prices will go lower cus sellers will b desperet.or prices will go mega high and then everyones broke -_-

The gold prices NEVER go lower during a sale.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Explain to me how it isn't realistic. If people stop buying gold for high prices the sellers have two choices: Lower prices in order to keep their customers, or keep their high prices and make no money at all. That's the solution to the problem of lowering gold prices.
    That's a static way to look at a dynamic problem. It's like saying, "If we didn't buy gas for a week, gas stations would be forced to lower prices." It doesn't work because if I don't buy gas for a week, I just have to buy more gas than I usually do next week. Likewise, if all the gold buyers somehow stopped buying gold so that the sellers lowered their prices, the pent up demand once they started buying again would just drive the price back to the market price.
    The amount of coins in circulation has little effect on gold prices. As long as people continue to pay 500k per gold, the price is going to stay that way, regardless of how much coin is in circulation.
    That is exactly why the amount of coin in circulation directly affects the price of gold. Say for the sake of argument each person is willing to spend half the coin they have to buy gold. If on average everyone has 500k and wants 1 gold, they would be willing to pay 250k for that 1 gold. But if there's twice as much coin in circulation and on average everyone has 1 mil, they'll be willing to pay 500k for that 1 gold.
    It WILL affect how long it takes to sell, however. But if you can sell one gold for 500k in an hour or a day or even a week, someone bought it and you got their money, so what difference does it make?
    Again, gold sales are a dynamic process. Nobody guys 10 gold and that's it, they never buy gold again. They buy on average 10 gold a day, or 10 gold a week, or 10 gold a month. The amount they're willing to pay for that gold is thus directly related to how much coin they can make in a day, in a week, in a month. So if they can suddenly get 10 mil coin from 2 best luck tokens, the amount of coin/time they can generate goes up (increasing the amount of coin in circulation), and thus the amount of coin they're willing to pay for gold goes up.
    2 things makes gold price goes down...no niver pack on shop,and increase drops rate of mobs(not bosses)
    Increased drop rate makes the price of gold go up, no down. The more coin people make per hour, the more they're willing to pay for gold.

What's different about the 2x drop rate is that everyone benefits from it. It's like everyone printing counterfeit money - everyone playing benefits by approximately the same amount so their net wealth stays the same. Like if everyone in the world suddenly had their pay doubled.

This is in contrast to the anniversary packs, where only the lucky people who get best luck tokens are gaining the counterfeit money, essentially stealing wealth from the unlucky ones.
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    Silver - Dreamweaver Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

That is completely wrong, the main things that makes gold prices go down is time. Its even goes with Americas Economy today, we are not going to have a "1 cure all" answer to our economic drought, but over time we will begin to create more revenue, making us buy more American produces, which makes more people get into the business, which will make our prices go down.

The main thing that will force gold down is Competition. Which again leads to my list which is:

1. This addition means more play hours in order to hit lvl 100 in order to get a godly weapon
    2. Play more= more charms, more potions, money fashions, mounts,etc
    3. More charms= more people buying gold to capitalize on the excessive need of gold to buy different things
    4. More Gold into the game= stabilization of the gold prices, making it so they need to buy more gold in order to break even i.e gold will go down from 600k to like 100-300k, which means they need to buy more gold to "break even" with their previous gold price of 600k.
    5. Stablization of gold economy= A better, larger stream of gold/money flow going into the game and essentially into the Gms Pocket.

End of story

~Silver
    Most Ironic phrase in the English language is Common Sense, its easiest concept to understand yet few people ever grasp it.

~Silver
  • Fleez - Heavens Tear
    Fleez - Heavens Tear Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    The day prices go down is the day I get rid of my fleas..... 0.o thats ur answer.. and u cant argue with that.
    ATTENTION ALL: I would just like you to know....I has fleas.
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    That is completely wrong, the main things that makes gold prices go down is time. Its even goes with Americas Economy today, we are not going to have a "1 cure all" answer to our economic drought, but over time we will begin to create more revenue, making us buy more American produces, which makes more people get into the business, which will make our prices go down.

The main thing that will force gold down is Competition. Which again leads to my list which is:

1. This addition means more play hours in order to hit lvl 100 in order to get a godly weapon
    2. Play more= more charms, more potions, money fashions, mounts,etc
    3. More charms= more people buying gold to capitalize on the excessive need of gold to buy different things
    4. More Gold into the game= stabilization of the gold prices, making it so they need to buy more gold in order to break even i.e gold will go down from 600k to like 100-300k, which means they need to buy more gold to "break even" with their previous gold price of 600k.
    5. Stablization of gold economy= A better, larger stream of gold/money flow going into the game and essentially into the Gms Pocket.

End of story

~Silver

wrong. imaginary golden coins (in-game currency) are generated much faster than real money and therefore the value of imaginary pixel-coins is always diminishing in relation to real moneys (ie the gold prices are represented by an ever-upward slanting curve; though they may recede momentarily, the mean gold exchange rate will perpetually move upward).

edit: because of this ↑ everything else you said after is wrong.
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    Silver - Dreamweaver Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    wrong. imaginary golden coins (in-game currency) are generated much faster than real money and therefore the value of imaginary pixel-coins is always diminishing in relation to real moneys (ie the gold prices are represented by an ever-upward slanting curve; though they may recede momentarily, the mean gold exchange rate will perpetually move upward).

edit: because of this ↑ everything else you said after is wrong.

No, not exactly because competition means more "desperate" people to get money quickly. So if there is more time, this makes more competition, which slowly makes the gold prices go down.
    Most Ironic phrase in the English language is Common Sense, its easiest concept to understand yet few people ever grasp it.

~Silver
  • Armageddeon - Sanctuary
    Armageddeon - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    If you want an end all simple solution, all you need is for the devs to produce an npc that sells gold for ingame currency. Whatever price that npc's gold is set at the gold sellers will have to match, otherwise the buyers will go straight to the npc.

To keep players buying gold from the website, the npc could be an event for when the economy gets out of hand.

I completely understand that this will never happen, but a break from high prices would be nice.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    No, not exactly because competition means more "desperate" people to get money quickly. So if there is more time, this makes more competition, which slowly makes the gold prices go down.
    There is always competition -- often times pretty stiff. Yet prices still go up and in this case hold pretty strong on HT at 450-500K during anniv packs. You've missed the point. Gold, boutique, and regular items sell for whatever coin value they sell at, and whatever they sell at is what they are worth. Shoulda, woulda, coulda, none of that matters.
  • Venomocity - Lost City
    Venomocity - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I think it depends greatly on how good the expansion is, but here's my initial projection:

If the anniversary packs continue to stay in the CS, gold will take yet another leap up. A ton of people will splurge on packs for oracles and reputation to accelerate the leveling of the new classes, as well as aiming for gear and just cash to use on their new characters. This is guaranteed to increase gold prices.

Even if the Anni packs are removed from the CS, there will still be new things. I can almost guarantee new mounts, aerogear, and fashion items. All of these things will cause an increase in gold prices.

It all depends on the supply and demand. There are a lot of people that don't spend money on the game. They play for free but hey that's what this game is for. You would think that with more people buying that the prices would go down because they are selling more BUT like oil companies they just keep raising. If we really want to see a drop in prices I propose a boycott of all botique items and gold trade. We hold out long enough for that PRETTY fashion and it will be cheaper.
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    the only w@y to truely lower the prices is quit the g@me & get @ life but most of us including me dont h@ve oneb:cry
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle