"It was no fun with you"

Xegeth - Dreamweaver
Xegeth - Dreamweaver Posts: 389 Arc User
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
Hello guys!

Today I helped with a BH39, when a friend of mine asked me to do it for them. Well, it was a fast run without deaths obviously. No big deal, considering my level. I did my best to make it fast, protected everyone when they got attacked etc. People where happy and said thank you after the run. All but one. He told me it was no fun running with me, I let no one attack and I was a show off.

I was rather bewildered after, because I obviously get his point. Of course there is no real sense in running a BH with a higher level considering fun and challenge. It is close to zero. But that's what people, including me, often want on lower levels. Running the same dungeon over and over again for experience can be quite boring. Plus BH39 really is the worst. Why else would there be people using wine in fbs? It kills fun if there are no mobs, doesn't it?

I absolutely understand if someone wants to run a BH with people his level, for challenge and fun. But can't he tell me before the run that I am not wanted? He then told me I should have let the others fight as well. But that's only possible if I hold back completly, use low damage spells and heal here and there. And honestly - There is enough questing and stuff I have to do as well. My BHs, WQ, Cube. I work all day, and I wanna get to 90+ as well. Don't get me wrong, I am happy to help my friends if they ask me, but I won't stick in an fb39 for 2 hours because some guy I don't even know wants to have his challenge.

I usually feel good after helping someone, but this time I was just puzzled and a bit frustrated, cause I used time, effort and charm ticks to help some people and was told "It was no fun with you" by one of them.

What do you think? Did you ever experience something similar?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Xegeth - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Falcondance - Heavens Tear
    Falcondance - Heavens Tear Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Mm. Two sides of the issue.. One, he's just butthurt because he wanted to be as useful as you. Two, there's more than one mob in the BH to fight at once, especially since you're an 8x Wiz, and since I can't even one-hit FB19 mobs yet (Barring sparks and genie amps, of course) I'm pretty sure you could just love-tap them and run by, let the others deal with the 50 HP remaining.

Ehh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
    Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    agreed.
    (>.<)
    you took time to help run their BH...
    soo...here be what you do next time.
    (^.^)
    if he be in your squad....ask for lead....then kick that ungrateful frigger.
    xD
    and if he complains well....he wanted a challange. soloing his BH is sure to be one heck of a challenge.
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I'd like to say last night i did a 4 man squad UNWINED BH79 with a cleric, veno, and wizzie, (We're all 91) and it was really fun XD

sure it took 2 hours but it was quite an experience with no real tanks outside of the herc. And the fact it was 4 people XD

So yea, bringing a higher level is no fun, hell wining it ruins the fun too but it saves TIME. Time is a big issue in life ;p I help lower levels in their BHs sometimes, but i never BABY them. BHs are a good learning experience.
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • Aelebera - Heavens Tear
    Aelebera - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    i think he is an idiot, for the reasons you stated

if i want a challenge, thats not hard for me to find

if i want it done fast and easy, i find someone 50 levels higher then me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xegeth - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Thanks for your replies. Yea, I guess he was a bit jealous. He was a wizard as well, so that might have made it worse. He kept telling me he has a 96 Wizard on Sanctuary. But if that is the case he should have known, that you are quite busy high level. Especially if you actually have a life out of PW. (Does it even exist? O.O")

And Hamsta: That be a great idea. xD Will try it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fourthaccount
    fourthaccount Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    you are a good man
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Why did that guy even go on that run? >.>;
    if hes 96 he should have known. Either his dmg sucks at 96 and he has to have other pple help him kill off stuff in fb39 in his experience, so he might have been expecting that, or orable baby ftw?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Thanks for your replies. Yea, I guess he was a bit jealous. He was a wizard as well, so that might have made it worse. He kept telling me he has a 96 Wizard on Sanctuary. But if that is the case he should have known, that you are quite busy high level. Especially if you actually have a life out of PW. (Does it even exist? O.O")

There is no RL, only AFK. x]

On topic: I had a guy in my faction doing that. Considering my level it takes me 5-10 minutes to run a 29, half an hour to run a 39 (and that's if I'm careful and the only one at my level). He kept complaining that he couldn't hit, couldn't do anything, couldn't tank... While I understand that, I'm taking half an hour to help the others folks too. At least be thankful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
    edited November 2009
    simple.....
    HE BE LYING~!
    he doesn't have a level 96 on sanctuary.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    simple.....
    HE BE LYING~!
    he doesn't have a level 96 on sanctuary.

agreed ..sounds like a load of bull ****............ not just a load >.>

a truck full of BUll **** >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited November 2009

And Hamsta: That be a great idea. xD Will try it.

If you're talking about who i think you are... hes telling the truth. My level 105 sin run instances with his 96 wiz on sanc all the time.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Well I see two choices for that guy:

1. Suck it up, and be happy that a high level ran them through.
    2. Quit early on and find a group your level, for a much longer (duration) dungeon run.

Not saying anything until the end seems a bit... ungrateful? Especially considering that he could have just left if he didn't like it.

I can't lie, when high levels run my alts through a dungeon, I feel kinda useless too, so I empathize there. You just have to decide if you want a fast run with no issues or if you want to tempt fate with a group that is all the correct level for the instance.
    edited November 2009
    If you're talking about who i think you are... hes telling the truth. My level 105 sin run instances with his 96 wiz on sanc all the time.

um....what?
    sin?
    b:shocked
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    There's 2 opposing camps on this whole issue.

Camp #1 says the game is impossible/too-slow/boring/etc... unless you bring along a high-level to do everything for you.

Camp #2 wants to play the game for the challenge and sense of accomplishment that goes along with, you know, playing the game.

I'm firmly in Camp #2. Sounds like the complainer was in Camp #2 as well, but rather than making his preferences known and taking steps to inform those in Camp #1 of his beliefs, he'd instead chose to keep quiet and whine after the fact that the rest of the world doesn't think like him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Kylley - Sanctuary
    Kylley - Sanctuary Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Personnally, I prefer doing my fbs and bhs with people around my lvls or not too high than with people really high lvl that will run it for me and that ill get bored because im useless.

Edit: Camp #2 because its more fun =^.^=
    Hi! =^.^=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Main pets:
    Rayder, Sharptooth Wolfling: main pet
    Lyro, Guardian Wolf: magic tank, dder
    Kowlin: lurer
    Flameche, Blazing Pheonix
    BigBro, Crystalline Magmite: tanker (Yes i finally have a magmite, my bro gave me his cause he got a Walker b:surrender )
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    He meant assasin hamsta.

That combined with the number 105 = epic sarcasm b:thanks

And yes, I know what he'd be talking about. At lvl 19, I felt terrible useless when some high lvl guys AoE'ed half the FB before I even had my pyro channeled halfway.

At lvl 29 it was even worse, as I already knew FB19 would just be running behind some high lvls one shotting everything, but at lvl 29 I actually felt semi strong, so I was kinda disapointed I didn't got the chance to do anything.

At lvl 39 I was so happy I could do some things in killing the mobs I fired a hailstorm om farren's ad, drawing his aggro and getting myself and the cleric one shotted by the AoE b:surrender
    They were not happy
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    There's 2 opposing camps on this whole issue.

Camp #1 says the game is impossible/too-slow/boring/etc... unless you bring along a high-level to do everything for you.

Camp #2 wants to play the game for the challenge and sense of accomplishment that goes along with, you know, playing the game.

I'm firmly in Camp #2. Sounds like the complainer was in Camp #2 as well, but rather than making his preferences known and taking steps to inform those in Camp #1 of his beliefs, he'd instead chose to keep quiet and whine after the fact that the rest of the world doesn't think like him.

Wouldn't that put him in camp #3? The ones that expect the rest of the server to read their minds?
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Xegeth - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    @eatwithspoons: I empathize as well, that's what's bugging me. I almost felt guilty a little because I spoiled the fun (I am that way, don't ask :p).. But as I said, he was there on free decision. And most low levels I know want it that way. I love running hard instances with my level as well, that's what the whole game is about, so I understand him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    When you call for higher level friend to help with lower level bh, then you accept that run will be done fast, rather safe and with less involvement from your side.
    When you get called to help with lower level bh run, you mostly want to do it as fast as possible as you are doing it only cause friend/guildie asked.
    I see no point on going easy in bh just to let them have fun. If they wanted to have fun, then they would have looked for only their level players. Mostly fun in instances means challenge, but there is no real challenge with high level in squad. Honestly, why do I have to waste my time and money to provide them amusement and entertainment? I am not a clown or entertainer for them. I came to get my job (safe bh) done and entertaining isn't written in my job's description.

But I have to agree unwined bhs are so much fun! Used to run bh69 unwined daily and we did is almost as fast as wined run. Later did fb89 Eden runs unwined as well. Today with friend veno went to brimstone. He needed books from there, I needed boss for bh. Spent few hours there, died few times and had to leave after second boss, but it was more fun doing it than just running through empty cave to find boss, kill it, go to next one or tele out.

But as joke goes: "Our services are Cheap, Fast and High Quality. Pick two of mentioned." b:bye
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    It's nice of you to help with lower BH's. If that guy didn't like it, he could've left squad and find one with his own lvls. More the reason for me of not helping with BH. I rarely even help BH in my faction, only when they tried hard and people ditch the squad or just waaay too much fail. For one, it's a daily thing and you become BH slave. Two, BH is a lot of exp and there should be some challenge in getting them such as finding a squad and running through the FB. Third, you have ungrateful people like mentioned in OP, and lastly, too many people don't know how to play their class. BH is a great place to learn and die but also end up with more exp than started.

ROFL, I'm stealing this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Xegeth - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Well I am camp#2 as well, that's why it's even bugging me. Running unwined FB79 for that stupid Linus quest at lvl 72 was a lotta fun. But as Damewort says. When I get called for help on a low BH, that's what I do - I do it fast.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IDaun - Dreamweaver
    IDaun - Dreamweaver Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Wow, ungrateful little whiner much?

I love it when high levels take the time out to run a BH or FB for me. It's great, because, it doesn't happen often. 9/10 times we have a group for BH of people about the same level.

Yeah, it does take the fun out a bit... but, I dunno, I'm not gonna leave squad just because someone else invited a high level, and I'm not gonna resent the high level for anything (at least not aloud).

That said-- when I help low levels with BH (or even quests sometimes) I let them kill something. I try to get them involved. Sure, some of them might just be looking for an easy run, well, they can deal.

Either way, yeah, that sounded like a bunch of bullcrap-- the guy's level. You should have responded with, "Oh, really? I have a cleric on sanc-- what's the name, I might know you! :D" and watch him stumble. b:chuckle
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Seriously... some of you people needs to stop complaining about every small thing. Aleast you have a choice of doing it with people of similar level or ask a high level to help. There are a whole generation of us that have no choice but to do fbs/tts/bosses with similar levels.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Jhaernyl - Heavens Tear
    Jhaernyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Im in camp #3

Do it yourself, learn to play your class, stop asking for higher levels to do it all for you, and if you do ask then expect it to be ran quick . Since which 80+ wants to be stuck in a lower BH for hours
  • Cervantia - Sanctuary
    Cervantia - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    What do you think? Did you ever experience something similar?

I think if you want a challenge instead of an easy run leave the BH when you see a high lvl in the squad, and if you decide to stay don't complain - nuf said.
    Cervantia BM 100 / Calivthel Cleric 101 / Davinella Archer 9x
    Kachengy Seeker 8x / Pianna Wizard 8x

I need neither goons nor powerleveling.
    Addicted to PW since Mai 09.
    Factionless.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Well I am camp#2 as well, that's why it's even bugging me. Running unwined FB79 for that stupid Linus quest at lvl 72 was a lotta fun. But as Damewort says. When I get called for help on a low BH, that's what I do - I do it fast.
    I'd have to agree with you then. I admit I was once a little annoyed when somebody asked me to help with a boss, then got upset because I started attacking before he got there.

If you ask a high-level to help, it's certainly not unreasonable for the high-level to assume you want as quick and easy a kill/run as possible. Not to mention the fact that the high-level probably might appreciate being able to hurry up and get back to leveling/questing for themselves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I'd have to agree with you then. I admit I was once a little annoyed when somebody asked me to help with a boss, then got upset because I started attacking before he got there.

it is impolite, for example, to ask someone to DD on a boss then have the party start before the DD gets there. that is an instance where i would say doing something too fast is bad. regardless of one's reasons, because someone in the party asked the DD, and because the DD is taking time off of his/her own gameplay to come over to help, the least the rest of the party can do is wait. it shows respect for that player's time and efforts, whether you really needed it or not. it would certainly **** me off if i tele'd from across the map, only to show up to a boss that is 1/2 dead. of course, the DD must come as fast as possible if the rest of the party is waiting on him/her. in the end, i would say each member being considerate is what makes a team effort successful.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • IDaun - Dreamweaver
    IDaun - Dreamweaver Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited November 2009

I've had a friend get me into a squad with his faction mates before to do Virridis... they started, killed, and finished the boss before I even got past City of the Lost, then all left squad, not even a thought to the veno that's trying her hardest to get to where they were at.

And it's not like I took forever, either. They started killing about a minute and a half after I joined squad and said thanks and I'll be there soon.

Unless it's just clearing a FB/BH cave or something, I find starting before the rest of the party (or at least the rest of the people that need him) get there is rude and a risk that they might not get the kill. At least if you help someone, help them right.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    meh. Ungrateful winger. Sorry, but when I do runs I tell them, Let me take agro. Period. Things in here will kill you in short order. They are much harder than normal outside mobs. If you want to go on a killing spree, and die. I don't want to hear you complain to me about not protecting you. I have a Herc. He is slow but steady. We will get your run done safely if you listen to me. Not so safely if you rambo.

Don't like it, don't ask for my help again.

Or I'll get them halfway through, get tired of the whining, agro a gate boss and teleport out, leaving them there to die.

Well.. I AM evil after all.

~Saitada
  • eternalnab
    eternalnab Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    hahaha b:thanks