Aggressive players

Options
PunkinKatt - Heavens Tear
PunkinKatt - Heavens Tear Posts: 249 Arc User
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
This is not meant to be a rant or anything even nearly like that, so I am sorry if it comes across that way to some people. What it is meant to be is a request to our more aggressive pwi peers.

Over the weekend, PWE gave us the gift of double exp/spirit/drops. This was great! But some of us more passive players didn't get to reap much benefit from that gift, because aggressive players monopolized all the mobs. In many, many cases, those players were above the level for the area (eg: level 61+ players in a level 55-60 area). Easy kills and with double exp., more than worth it. *To them!*

I'm not going to mention any names, people know who they are. I had a very difficult time completing quests over the weekend for exactly the above stated reason. At one point, and I do not know what the purpose was, but I was fighting the treerat that walks the roads near Tusktown. I have been killing this rat since level 55, solo, everytime I see him. Anyway, last night I have the rat half dead when another veno comes running down the road with a magmite and attacks the rat. All I could see on my screen was the butt-end of her magmite and I was rather shocked that she even attacked my rat. My Kowlin dies and she pulls her magmite off the rat and runs a distance away leaving me to face the rat alone with no live pet. I take a couple of hard hits. I run a short distance and summon my Steelhide Grimalkin, run a little further to let my potions heal me a bit and then turn and finish off the, still-persuing, rat.

WHY? I ask, why would someone do that? The only reason I can think of is for the 4k+ exp that I got from the rat @ double exp. Get me killed and out of the way and then take claim of the rat once it is free and clear.

Not really looking for answers to that question, just want to make a plea to aggressive players to start being more respectful and fair to their pwi peers. You are not any more important than anyone else and you are not entitled to anything more than the rest of us are.

The Gold Rule is "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you!"
NOT "Do unto others, then split!"

Be NICE, folks! We are ALL entitled to enjoyment of the game!
There's no such thing as a "Perfect World" full of Jade, diamonds, gold, and other riches and treasures. There is only an imperfect world, with an imperfect society, full of imperfect people, with imperfect idea's about how to be perfectly rich and perfectly perfect. No one cares about being perfectly kind, perfectly fair, or perfectly content.
It's a perfectly sad world.
Post edited by PunkinKatt - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I found the one or two money hungry clerics kinda amusing. I sometimes wonder if they even found a single squad they stuck with over the entire event.

"How are you dividing drops?" "I better get first choice" "You better be charmed" "I'll join for 200k and first choice in drops (seriously)" "I can only be here for half an hour gogogo". "kick the BM (me), bm's are **** in TT, 1 less to share with" ....Two clerics replied with "lol" and immediately left on seeing our squad (4 venos and me, honestly an amazing squad) another demanded to be guaranteed a minimum 500k worth regardless of drops/run success.

Don't get me wrong, 99% of clerics are awesome, but there's always the odd few (same as with any class). b:sad
  • Devilmaycare - Harshlands
    Devilmaycare - Harshlands Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Some people have no brains.

We had a similiar incident last night while fighting virdis stormhorn.

A higher level veno thought it would be funny to put her pet onto it while we were fighting it and purposely letting her pet die which resulted in getting our pets killed as well and my team needing to retreat.

And why you might ask???? She wanted us to pay her to kill the boss for us and was trying to use intimidation tactics to get us to pay.

I honestly wish they'd stick an age requirement on this game so we didnt have to put up with so many brainless little pre-pubescent morons.
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Im going for a short answer since i wanna make this clear...

this is a free game which follows many rules

there's no stated rule for KS, greed or aggressiveness, this just follow the kindness of player.

some1 will behave well, someother wont...
    mmo games are the mirror of the society and in many cases ull see the worst part of it, since there are almost no limit/resposibility.

i found myself surprised when i started this game cuz of the number of kind ppl i knew, this is by far the most enjoyable game ive ever played in matters of social interaction b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • TabbyKitty - Dreamweaver
    TabbyKitty - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    well to point it out there is a age restriction of 13. however u know how ppl lie about their age and all. and as for all the ks i say though i wish it werent so theres nothing any1 can really do (unless gm's be nice and add new spwn points......plz?.....with sugar on top?). but yea just hang in there. by my clock theres only about 4 more hours of this ks.
    Meh toons:
    cookieninja-BM-sanctuary-retired
    cookieninja-BM-dreamweaver-Storage
    TabbyKitty-Venomancer-Dreamweaver-main
    IHealYou-Cleric-Dreamweaver-main alt
    Tricannon-Archer-Dreamweaver-alt when bored out of my mind
  • Kagaro - Dreamweaver
    Kagaro - Dreamweaver Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    At one point, and I do not know what the purpose was, but I was fighting the treerat that walks the roads near Tusktown. I have been killing this rat since level 55, solo, everytime I see him. Anyway, last night I have the rat half dead when another veno comes running down the road with a magmite and attacks the rat. All I could see on my screen was the butt-end of her magmite and I was rather shocked that she even attacked my rat. My Kowlin dies and she pulls her magmite off the rat and runs a distance away leaving me to face the rat alone with no live pet. I take a couple of hard hits. I run a short distance and summon my Steelhide Grimalkin, run a little further to let my potions heal me a bit and then turn and finish off the, still-persuing, rat.

what the hell...

You gotta get what you gotta get, but there is such as thing as going too far.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Trista_Zel - Dreamweaver
    Trista_Zel - Dreamweaver Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    i found myself surprised when i started this game cuz of the number of kind ppl i knew, this is by far the most enjoyable game ive ever played in matters of social interaction b:victory

I know what you mean. Someone actually apologized for KSing me and didn't do it again. b:shocked I almost freaked out.
    Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality.
  • WickedSwords - Heavens Tear
    WickedSwords - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    If any of upper stated occurs the best idea is to take screenshots and send a ticket to GM's and let them settle the possible harassment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Some people have no brains.

We had a similiar incident last night while fighting virdis stormhorn.

A higher level veno thought it would be funny to put her pet onto it while we were fighting it and purposely letting her pet die which resulted in getting our pets killed as well and my team needing to retreat.

And why you might ask???? She wanted us to pay her to kill the boss for us and was trying to use intimidation tactics to get us to pay.

I honestly wish they'd stick an age requirement on this game so we didnt have to put up with so many brainless little pre-pubescent morons.

That's terrible! b:shockedb:cry

Holy **** I hope someone took screenshots and reported the incident to customer service... b:sad the inhumanity.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    the problem has always been with children-and by children i mean anyone who cannot behave themselves in an adult manner-swarming all over this game. unruly, RUDE teenagers who have far too much time on their hands, and think that they can do anything they like to other players, since there are no consequences for griefing, boss pulling and other forms of player harassment.

i've played this game for a year, and remember when GMs used to have a very strong ingame presence. now? if you write a ticket, its a waste of time, because all you will get is a form letter back, and nothing done about the problem.

there is an old song, "Where have all the flowers gone?" i think that PWI needs a new theme ....

"Where have all the GMs gone? Gone far away, to other games and offices...."

well to point it out there is a age restriction of 13. however u know how ppl lie about their age and all. and as for all the ks i say though i wish it werent so theres nothing any1 can really do (unless gm's be nice and add new spwn points......plz?.....with sugar on top?). but yea just hang in there. by my clock theres only about 4 more hours of this ks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • vbarbie
    vbarbie Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    what do you expect? The main population of this game are little american brats.. certainly nothing good.................. nothing good.
  • PunkinKatt - Heavens Tear
    PunkinKatt - Heavens Tear Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    vbarbie wrote: »
    what do you expect? The main population of this game are little american brats.. certainly nothing good.................. nothing good.

>.>

I'm an American mother and your comment is uncalled for and offensive.

Unruly (bratty) children reside in ALL countries, but NOT ALL children are unruly ... not even in America.

END OF SUBJECT!!!

Move along!
    NEXT!
    There's no such thing as a "Perfect World" full of Jade, diamonds, gold, and other riches and treasures. There is only an imperfect world, with an imperfect society, full of imperfect people, with imperfect idea's about how to be perfectly rich and perfectly perfect. No one cares about being perfectly kind, perfectly fair, or perfectly content.
    It's a perfectly sad world.
    edited November 2009
    Options
    i too am american, a mother of 4 (two on the autistic spectrum), three of whom play PWI with my husband and i. we closely supervise their online time, and do not permit them to join guild we are not also part of, to minimise their contact with brats. we play together as a family, as can be seen in this SS from this weekend- my husband is the wiz, i am the cleric, and the veno and barb are two of our children.

1zd2lab.jpg

there is an old saying about the "family who plays together, stays together".....well, we have a blast! a family squad, doing my husband's BH!

2hcjhwz.jpg

>.>

I'm an American mother and your comment is uncalled for and offensive.

Unruly (bratty) children reside in ALL countries, but NOT ALL children are unruly ... not even in America.

END OF SUBJECT!!!

Move along!
    NEXT!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-FrankieRaye"
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    The reasons probably because theyre fat little kids who get bullied at school and need to vent out their anger. Or theyre just retarted.Or theyre just trying to act hardcore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • LadyCassie - Sanctuary
    LadyCassie - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    As a newbie, I have yet to come across high level players KSing from me. But I do believe you should respect others and treat them as you would like to be treated!

I do admit to accidentally KSing from a few other newbies due to lag, and I apologise every time and try my best not to do it again. Is that really so hard to do?
  • Dosinn - Dreamweaver
    Dosinn - Dreamweaver Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

Um, dude, you dont have to be rude.
    1st, the servers for PWI are based in West/East coasts of the US, so its kinda expected for a large portion of players to be Americans.
    2nd, i see just as many non americans be rude little twits as i do americans.
    3rd, if you have a problem with playing a game with americans, go play one of the other versions. You have the Chinese, Malaysian, AND European versions to choose from.

FoxRunning, as much as i agree with you 100%, try to cut down the size of the images you use. It messes up the flow of the page when you use massive images.

Now, on to the point of OP's post. I had the same problem as you, and im lvl 80. My guildmates and i were trying to zhen, and ppl kept running up, using Alpha Male on the mobs we were gathering, and running off with them. It happened many, many times. KSing happens. A lot of it is accidental, but some of it is deliberate. Those who KS intentionally wont stop, ever. Complaining about it will just give them the satisfaction they were looking for. My advice, the next time something like this happens, take screenshots, and post a ticket about it. And contrary to popular belief, the GMs do act on the tickets they get, provided its something they can act on. Someone kiting a boss into a noob area, they can deal with. Someone KSing or harrassing another person, they can deal with. But gold prices, cat shop prices, glitches in the game, items in the cash shop, they can do nothing about. Ive been playing this game since last September, and ive played every class, getting most of them to at least lvl 40+, 4 of my chars to 60+, and 2 of them to 75+ or higher. Even at lvl 80, i still have to put up with KSing, tho not as much as at a lower lvl. The point im trying to make is, some people are just a******s, regardless of their nationality (vbarbie, this tidbit is aimed squarely at you). Just remember PunkinKatt, the people who matter are your friends you make along the way. Ignore the rest.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    i too am american, a mother of 4 (two on the autistic spectrum), three of whom play PWI with my husband and i. we closely supervise their online time, and do not permit them to join guild we are not also part of, to minimise their contact with brats. we play together as a family, as can be seen in this SS from this weekend- my husband is the wiz, i am the cleric, and the veno and barb are two of our children.
    1zd2lab.jpg

*points to the barb* is that not another faction? also how can you say its only children i see tons of adults causing problems too its a bit irritating seeing you says its the teenagers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • BoredQQ - Harshlands
    BoredQQ - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Looking at this thread sounds like I got lucky.... Ran TT nonstop friday and saturday with complete strangers out of WC.. Clerics never asked for more than anybody else.. Everyone had an equal share, I ended up adding many clerics to my FL on those 2 days..
    And they say PVP servers have all the *******s :o
  • CJD - Heavens Tear
    CJD - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    well never thought of the cool double exp and drop event weekend to be a scandal..same incident happened in a TT 1-2, my mistake though i took a barb who was a friend just to show how a 1-2 is and was low to tank the bosses(lv63),we had a pretty good tank of lv77. and after the TT he(lv63) demanded for drops , said he was the tank :( and finally i ended up with a lot of foul language filled in my chat windowb:shocked from the kiddie.. got "screenies though am gonna submit a ticket on the incident"b:angry
    Girls are like phones...
    We love to be held... talked too..
    but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected! b:laugh
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

Heheh, Australia is just as bad. The US isnt alone. b:victory

Eh, on topic now..KSers (and their victims) are bloody over-publicised. Stuff like this never happens to me. OK. Im an archer, we're the kings of kill steal but I still have a blade master level 24 ish questing at the mines in west archo, and that is the most crowded quest place ever, and he doesnt get ksed much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Yaxana - Sanctuary
    Yaxana - Sanctuary Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    That was... unlucky, this week-end I only ran into nice people. I did a few TTs and everyone was respectful and no one complained about anything. We shared drops equally and no person acted like they were superious. Well, speaking of BMs, I went to help with a boss on a FF run and the people in the squad said how nice it would've been if they had a BM.
    Other than that I grinded in Demon World, died a few times, one time a cleric appeared out of nowhere, ress me, healed me, buffed me, then another one passing by offered to buff me and so on. I usually just go to town when I die there, it's only 0.6% anyway. So I basically had a very nice time during this event. I feel sorry for everyone else who ran into jerks.
  • Pegasi - Lost City
    Pegasi - Lost City Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I don't even bother trying to play during double exp events. Too many botters, too many jerks, too many opportunistic PKing jerk-faces. I'd lose more than I would gain and damage my EQ doing it because fighting back just results in them bringing the whole damn guild anyway. I go play another game and in a way... hate events like this for those reasons. Especially on my alt. -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When Saukey decides she can swim, I know I didn't get the DC pop-up again. Wish she swam when it matters.
    edited November 2009
    Options
    what about the barb and his faction?

that is my son, who tanked Chin for his father, while i, as my cleric, healed him, and my daughter, as veno, helped beat up the boss. my veno is in the Enlighten faction, and they grandfathered my son in as well, as family. the faction CorUnum belongs to my family, as a way to keep people from bothering our alts and lower level characters. my cleric is in BransPack, because Enlighten has a minimum level requirement. BransPack is an adult only faction now, thanks to mannerless brats ruining it for the well behaved ones, otherwise our whole family would likely be in it, since it doesnt have a minimum level requirement.

yes, there are many adults who are just as rude as the brat packs roaming the game. of that, i have first hand knowledge.

as for the OP, KSing is something that everyone does. the big difference is that some do it deliberately, others accidentally then apologise for it. yesterday, in the flurry of chasing down mobs, several times i wound up hitting the same mob as someone else. even if i was sure mine was the first strike, i figure its good policy to apologise for the mistake, and leave the drop for the other person. if its someone who does it deliberately and continues to bother me, i chew him out, run around blocking his kills with my golem for a few minutes, then go find somewhere else where i can grind in peace. or, if i have gotten mad about it all, i can also just switch to a different alt, for a change of scenery and pace.

but overall, i saw no obnoxious KSer this weekend. PKres in the CoF, yes, now that is an ongoing PitA, with nothing being done to stop it.

*points to the barb* is that not another faction? also how can you say its only children i see tons of adults causing problems too its a bit irritating seeing you says its the teenagers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-FrankieRaye"
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Well I've dealt with this so many times already, with each and everyone of the existant classes.

As a cleric, some bms, venos, barbs, archers, wizies, have tried to ks me, final result = they die, why? they ks 80% of the time for 1 reason, they can't tank / kill fast.

I mostly farm on magic / wood zones since I deal metal damage better so those mobs are my field, I can tank 6-7 at a time when others can tank 1-3 :P so yeah the result is pretty obvious :D

Also have done the same with some bossies P: such as:
    2009-11-1516-03-24.jpg

Find your mobs' weak element = fast kill:
    2009-11-1509-34-15.jpg

Hope this helped :]
    And yeah, I have ksed before but on accident, I apologize and try not to attack the same monster again.
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    the problem has always been with children-and by children i mean anyone who cannot behave themselves in an adult manner-swarming all over this game. unruly, RUDE teenagers who have far too much time on their hands, and think that they can do anything they like to other players, since there are no consequences for griefing, boss pulling and other forms of player harassment.

i've played this game for a year, and remember when GMs used to have a very strong ingame presence. now? if you write a ticket, its a waste of time, because all you will get is a form letter back, and nothing done about the problem.

there is an old song, "Where have all the flowers gone?" i think that PWI needs a new theme ....

"Where have all the GMs gone? Gone far away, to other games and offices...."

Ive not always agreed with you in the past Foxrunning, but you are 100% correct here.
    Quoted for truth.
  • IDaun - Dreamweaver
    IDaun - Dreamweaver Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    To the people saying, "Oh, it's the Americans, the kids, the 'little fatties being bullied all day', the teenagers..." Please stop it. Now.

You, the 'smart ones' are being extremely shortsighted and, quite frankly, just as bad as the ones you're mentioning by narrowing it down the a certain percentage of people and using stereotypes.

I've seen adults act like more of an **** than kids, and I've seen idiots from countries other than America (or Australia).

And I don't really understand age req on factions-- I know a very well spoken, smart, nice, not-very-crazy 10 year old that plays this game on her family's account. She acts more mature than me on multiple occasions, and I know a few people that would be very, very surprised if they knew her age.

I know some of you mean well with the age req... maybe a bit with the country statements, but, IMO, most of you just have an elitist attitude that makes me sick. NO ONE is better than anyone else due to what country they live in, their age, their race, hell, their weight, what they look like...

Just, stop it, please.
  • ChaoticTears - Harshlands
    ChaoticTears - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    And I don't really understand age req on factions-

Well the age req reasons differ from Faction to Faction. In mine I like people 18+. Not so much due to anyone under being immature, but due to the conversations can be mature.
    If I was a parent I wouldnt want a 13,14 year old reading some of the convo's we have.
  • IDaun - Dreamweaver
    IDaun - Dreamweaver Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Ah, okay, didn't even think of that reason. But that'll vary by person, just like maturity level... (really depends on who your friends are IRL). I can see it from the parent's perspective, though.

Sorry. I never even thought of that before. b:surrender

Always assumed it was because of maturity.

(as an example of it varying person by person, I know a 17 year old-- turning 18 in February-- who doesn't know anything at all, his parents have kept him that 'protected', I guess. He also has the maturity level of a 13 year old and the personality of a 14 year old girl. >> So he might be a unique example.)
  • Detharos - Heavens Tear
    Detharos - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    My sympathies go out to you, however issues like this will always be and continue to be. It really has nothing to do with age, I've seen 60 year olds playing this game that act aggressively and childish too. The problem I think, is that given anonymity and a pretty lax rule set, many humans no longer feel much responsibility for how they act and degenerate to their impulsive and destructive natures that they are forced to suppress in the real world due to stricter laws and law enforcement. Unfortunately, what's morally wrong to you may not necessarily wrong to another either, as moral framework is something that varies greatly from person to person, so someone may literally feel that their actions are acceptable on a moral level, rather than not caring entirely. I agree with what an earlier poster stated, MMOs are a mere mirror of society. At any rate, I believe the heart of the issue is described nicely in bibles worldwide, when describing humans as "born into sin", acting in such a manner is part of our nature, sadly. That doesn't make it excusable of course, but just throwing it out there that complaints like this will exist as long as we humans do. :P
  • Zvezda - Heavens Tear
    Zvezda - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    the worst places for me personally to quest were broken bow bluff near the mines, i've never ever had to fight so hard to kill the desired monsters to forward my quest!

&
    i have KS'ed before and apologised but these strangers come in, and dont say anything. Its rude!
    & hate how GM's arent really a call away.
    Would be easier just to solve it yourself.
    Ugh please if your a high level player, dont KS from lower levels, mainly newer players, we get confused ^^.
    If your doing it for fun, get ready to be stone rained to death b:angry

b:victory
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I had an awesome weekend! No KSing here. Had a great time killing mobs, doing OMAs and JQ's for drops. I even random squadded with a BM, which I NEVER do.

Good times. Sorry to the OP, some people are jerks. Just move along and smile to yourself. Once the game becomes a source of frustration, it's time to take a break.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin