Aggressive players

Options
2»

Comments

• AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    To the people saying, "Oh, it's the Americans, the kids, the 'little fatties being bullied all day', the teenagers..." Please stop it. Now.

You, the 'smart ones' are being extremely shortsighted and, quite frankly, just as bad as the ones you're mentioning by narrowing it down the a certain percentage of people and using stereotypes.

I've seen adults act like more of an **** than kids, and I've seen idiots from countries other than America (or Australia).

And I don't really understand age req on factions-- I know a very well spoken, smart, nice, not-very-crazy 10 year old that plays this game on her family's account. She acts more mature than me on multiple occasions, and I know a few people that would be very, very surprised if they knew her age.

I know some of you mean well with the age req... maybe a bit with the country statements, but, IMO, most of you just have an elitist attitude that makes me sick. NO ONE is better than anyone else due to what country they live in, their age, their race, hell, their weight, what they look like...

Just, stop it, please.
    It has nothing to do with weight. But most bullies are people who have been bullied themselves. If a kid is bullied in real life, and he finds that suddenly he can annoy the hell out of someone in game, what do you think he will do? But that works for adults to. Adults who have a boss who screams all the time, wife/husband, etc. Ofcourse, not everyone will do that. But quite a few will.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Carnica - Heavens Tear
    Carnica - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

but overall, i saw no obnoxious KSer this weekend. PKres in the CoF, yes, now that is an ongoing PitA, with nothing being done to stop it.

Screenshot and ticket, and keep ticketing. It is pure harassment at the least that they sit there in the CoF for hours PKing lower level players with blue names. Eventually the GMs will get tired of it and ban the whole lot of them.
    [SIGPIC]TY Santacruz![/SIGPIC]

theempire.ucoz.com
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    b:puzzled
    o.o'
    me had a great weekend. spent me entire 2x weekend with fellow faction mates and had 0 problems.
    (not like you can whine about TT drops/shares and squad set ups when it's for & with your entire faction.)
    b:chuckle

also....in PvP servers. (^.^)'
    just kill whoever annoys you. haha~!
    b:victory

(>.<)
    or.....join teh darkside.
    (o.o)
    if you see a higher level person jacking the 1 mob your killing while they're killing 3-9....then... you know what must be done...
    =O
    *puts paw fowards in an evil way*
    yes....yes...
    xD
    aoe the mobs right before the high level person starts attacking it!! then they'll be doing the killing for you!
    and if they get wise to you...you can always fly. b:chuckle
    and repeat as necessary till they leave. (>.<)'

actually don't join the darkside.
    D=
    it's cold and they don't have cheesecake. (T.T)'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    For the ammount of cowards I've seen in this game I think PWI is very realistic. As a Wizard I don't have problems with KSers but I'm often requested by Barbarians to help with it. In terms of open PvP all I see is either a big group (sometimes a full squad) to kill a similar level or single high levels to PK every 30ish white named they find.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Cervantia - Sanctuary
    Cervantia - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    some1 will behave well, someother wont...
    mmo games are the mirror of the society and in many cases ull see the worst part of it, since there are almost no limit/resposibility.

I have been saying the following for years and still have the same opinion:
    A*hole in real life becomes a*hole ingame - it's just that simple.
    Zvezda wrote:
    the worst places for me personally to quest were broken bow bluff near the mines, i've never ever had to fight so hard to kill the desired monsters to forward my quest!
    Oh yes I have experienced it with every single alt. Usually there are 1-3 high lvls around "helping" a faction member by KSing the other lowbes...
    Cervantia BM 100 / Calivthel Cleric 101 / Davinella Archer 9x
    Kachengy Seeker 8x / Pianna Wizard 8x

I need neither goons nor powerleveling.
    Addicted to PW since Mai 09.
    Factionless.
  • kkammy
    kkammy Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    becuase we suck that's why .. Personally i hate everyone in the game specially those anoying idiots from world chat or those freaks asking me to join their stupid factions.
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Yeah, at low levels it's insane - Broken Blow Bluffs is a KS-fest 24/7. But there's so many people at these levels, and then you do indeed get the high-levels "helping" (or really helping sometimes) lowbies. Everytime I have an alt who hits 20 I just cringe mentally because I know where it goes. No one wants to team up, everyone KSes, everyone whines when others KS... so I can't imagine what it was like this weekend >_>. And frankly, I'm not sure I wanna.

As for me, I spent some time grinding in Avalanche Canyon/Ridge and in Harshlands. I saw one other person killing some mobs a bit away from me, nothing that bothered me or interfered with my will to put ants to extinction. I spent the rest of the weekend in TT anyways, and I had one FC run that lasted until 6:30am EST. By the time I woke up after (2:15pm...), the event had ended.

Hopefully we'll see more of these in the future. Christmas gift anyone? x]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    i happened to look in my folder, where i have SSs of various problems that i've sent tickets about....and of them all, the ONLY one that was ever taken care of was when they screwed up the graphics on hillsides, grass and such. not once have i ever seen action taken on a player who has broken the TOS. in **every case** the little nastard has gotten away with it, perhaps only a slap on the widdle wrist, but *never* enough to stop them. ones that i have sent in a zillion SSs on, are still out there, causing trouble.

its depressing me to the point that i see no reason to bother with sending in tickets....it seems no one cares now. it used to be the GMs and mods did care, but now? just a damn form letter,to shut me up and make me think something will be done. im sick and tired of getting PKed going trhough the cube, of seeing PKer hassel unknowing players into going white, then beating them up till they drop stuff, then disappearing with it. i can write, take pics and do all i can to stop it, but the bottom line remains players are not the ones who are supposed to control the game...the GMs are. and they are never around. when there is a serious problem, there is NO WAY to reach one ASAP.

...why am i bothering with this...the game is more full of selfish brats than of decent caring people, and it hurts me so much, literally making me sick, to see this beautiful game being ruined.

Screenshot and ticket, and keep ticketing. It is pure harassment at the least that they sit there in the CoF for hours PKing lower level players with blue names. Eventually the GMs will get tired of it and ban the whole lot of them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    The idea that nothing is done with reports is a fallacy. Unfortunately the sheer volume of tickets that we receive every day necessitates template answers, but this does not mean your reports were ignored.

Yes, we may not immediately ban someone for a single offense, so we rely on our community to continue to report bad behavior.

Almost everyone deserves a chance to improve their behavior, and we try to do this when we can, but we need to see more than one report if this behavior persists. Unfortunately the conduct of some players may not improve even after a warning, but we rely on reports to confirm this, as it's not feasible to monitor every player that has ever been reported. b:victory

So if you see something while you're in game that is offensive or inappropriate, by all means take a few screenshots and send them our way, it will help us out a lot, and we really appreciate that b:victory
  • qaaazy
    qaaazy Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    The adults who sit and complain and blame everything that is bad on teenagers and children- Are just as bad, rude and ignorant as the teenagers and children who are doing bad things themselves.

Smarten up- Even people your age can be insensitive jerks, *******s and enjoy messing up others game experiences as much as someone who is 17 would.
  • Aerilya - Sanctuary
    Aerilya - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    The idea that nothing is done with reports is a fallacy. Unfortunately the sheer volume of tickets that we receive every day necessitates template answers, but this does not mean your reports were ignored.

Yes, we may not immediately ban someone for a single offense, so we rely on our community to continue to report bad behavior.

Almost everyone deserves a chance to improve their behavior, and we try to do this when we can, but we need to see more than one report if this behavior persists. Unfortunately the conduct of some players may not improve even after a warning, but we rely on reports to confirm this, as it's not feasible to monitor every player that has ever been reported. b:victory

So if you see something while you're in game that is offensive or inappropriate, by all means take a few screenshots and send them our way, it will help us out a lot, and we really appreciate that b:victory

I see a lot of people complaining about the lack of interaction from the GMs in the game, but Spoons just pointed out that they do receive a lot of tickets. I would love to see any one of you sit in their shoes for a day and do a better job than they are. I have, for an entire year I had that responsibility, and it is tough work. I was a member of the GameSage team in Aeria Games, and even though there were quite frankly a lot of us, that was tough work as well, the GMs had it even worse. A lot goes into making a game work.
    There are only so many GMs and hundreds if not thousands of tickets flying in every day. On top of that GMs have other duties as well. Plus, it is a regular job for them. They come in in the morning, sit down to work, take breaks, and leave when their shift is done (sometimes). We can't expect them to be on all the time waiting for every single person who needs help (thats what the GS were for in AeriaGames), there would need to be a GM for every 100 or so, and that just isn't feasible, given the PWI population. Another thing, as the PWI population grows, the ratio between GMs and players increases, meaning more work for the GMs.
    KSing is not the biggest concern for GMs anyways, hackers are. Hacking is almost always taken care of asap. And then you have bug reports and glitches, monitoring WC (Thanks GMs btw for that b:victory ), events, and then all the office **** that almost any job has attached to it.
    So instead of giving the GMs **** for not being able to do everything at once (which it appears people are demanding) why don't we thank them for the great job they are doing, and see if we can't help them.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Yes, the GMs get far too many tickets a day to deal with. Many of them are just junk however, as I learned from other GMs. Clogging up the inboxes, and blocking the people who need real help.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Carnica - Heavens Tear
    Carnica - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    not once have i ever seen action taken on a player who has broken the TOS. in **every case** the little nastard has gotten away with it, perhaps only a slap on the widdle wrist, but *never* enough to stop them. ones that i have sent in a zillion SSs on, are still out there, causing trouble.

I don't know, Fox, I have seen some members of a certain faction get "time outs" for their asinine and juvenile behavior.

I suggest since their hobby is ruining the game for as many people as possible, our hobby should be screenshotting their childish behavior and ticketing them right off the server. Everyone should have a hobby, right? b:laugh

Look at it this way: if you don't ticket, NOTHING will be done, guaranteed. If you and I and others ticket, at least there is a chance something is done?
    [SIGPIC]TY Santacruz![/SIGPIC]

theempire.ucoz.com
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    qaaazy wrote: »
    The adults who sit and complain and blame everything that is bad on teenagers and children- Are just as bad, rude and ignorant as the teenagers and children who are doing bad things themselves.

Smarten up- Even people your age can be insensitive jerks, *******s and enjoy messing up others game experiences as much as someone who is 17 would.

+1.
    People make stupid and massive generalisations. People are different, just cause someone is part of "a group" doesnt mean they are identical. Bloody hell.
    K, theres a stupid guy who make generalisations. Someone makes generalisations about said person (eg "stupid-guy is a dumb teenager!"). That "smart adult" is stupid for making generalisations.
    And before you try to be "witty", "smart" or "funny" by saying that was a "generalisation- No that wasnt a generalisation, it was a bloody example. Pretty much summing up what a couple of people said in this thread.
    Yeah theres people saying all teenagers are bloody idiots who try their best to ruin the fun for all the "mature, smart adults".
    Guess how old I am? And im more cynical than most adults.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    +1.
    People make stupid and massive generalisations. People are different, just cause someone is part of "a group" doesnt mean they are identical. Bloody hell.
    K, theres a stupid guy who make generalisations. Someone makes generalisations about said person (eg "stupid-guy is a dumb teenager!"). That "smart adult" is stupid for making generalisations.
    And before you try to be "witty", "smart" or "funny" by saying that was a "generalisation- No that wasnt a generalisation, it was a bloody example.
    Yeah theres people saying all teenagers are bloody idiots who try their best to ruin the fun for all the "mature, smart adults".
    Guess how old I am? And im more cynical than most adults.
    You dont have to be old to be a cynical person.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Maturity and immaturity has no age barrier. I have seen 30+ year old adults acting like 6 year old children, screaming at the littlest thing that didn't go their way.

And then I have seen 13 year old preteens act much older than their age.

Fun fact: People who try to guess my age end up guessing 2x over my age. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Maturity and immaturity has no age barrier. I have seen 30+ year old adults acting like 6 year old children, screaming at the littlest thing that didn't go their way.

Fun fact: People who try to guess my age end up guessing 2x over my age. b:chuckle
    4! :O
    If I guessed 2x over your age, thats some messed up...erm....stufffff.
    I met a 44 year old once who acted immature. Different game though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

same here. Something to do with using capital letters at the start of sentences i bet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|