Dagger BM

Malley - Lost City
Malley - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Blademaster
with assassins coming out soon I've been thinking about dagger blademasters

while most of the good bm skills require a specific weapon there are some that only require a melee weapon
and im guessing a dagger is a melee weapon

I've also read somewhere that daggers do damage based on dex and with blades getting more points per dex then archers do the evasion and damage would be insane

but Im betting my money that daggers will only be for assassins

any ideas?

ps. if this is posted somewhere else already let it die
and excuse my typos im sure there are some
Post edited by Malley - Lost City on

Comments

• Acheron_ - Dreamweaver
    Acheron_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    i'm not sure either :P, yes it would b awesum if they would make a skill tree of dagger for bms as well, but i guess the skills would b assassin based so it would defeat the oint of them making assassins tho T.T
    Bring your all your attacks against my armor b:pleased
  • Accelerated - Sanctuary
    Accelerated - Sanctuary Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Or they can place the Dagger weapon into the same category as Fist/Claw/Edge weapons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥ - 藤林 杏-様 - ♥
    ♥ Kyou Fujibayashi-sama ♥
  • Malley - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    yeah I dont think there would be a dagger skills tree for bms
    but if dagger bm becomes possable I could see more bms as tanks

full dex dagger bm vs tank barb?
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    dagger is assassin-specific. only assassins can use them

/thread

(was good idea in theory tho)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • Malley - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    I thought so
    b:surrender
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I didn't know there were class specific weapons? It says in the description assassins use light armour, but I'm pretty sure there's nothing stopping you using heavy (or even arcane lol).
  • ElMiedo - Heavens Tear
    ElMiedo - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I didn't know there were class specific weapons?

Crossbows. There may be more...
  • Athalon - Dreamweaver
    Athalon - Dreamweaver Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Crossbows. There may be more...

Slingshots as well as the crossbows.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    dagger is assassin-specific. only assassins can use them

/thread

(was good idea in theory tho)

provide proof that this is true or dont post please
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    provide Proof That This Is True Or Dont Post Please

^ 23456789
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I didn't know there were class specific weapons? It says in the description assassins use light armour, but I'm pretty sure there's nothing stopping you using heavy (or even arcane lol).
    probably you need to pump lots of DEX to use dagger so not much STR for heavy
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    provide proof that this is true or dont post please

Assassins will have skills based for Dagger use only.

No other class will have these skills available = Daggers are Assassin Specific

"Assassin can use all weapons except those w/ class limit, but skills only usable w/ dagger.)"

The information is on a few sites, but here is an easy one on this forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
    edited November 2009

"Assassin can use all weapons except those w/ class limit, but skills only usable w/ dagger.)"

Archers, or any class for that matter, can use any type of weapons (except slingshots and crossbows, which are archer class locked) without having skills that are relevant to them. Just because archers do not have any fist/sword/axe/pole skills, doesn't mean they cannot use them. Your point is invalid and is not plausible for daggers to be class locked. Not to mention that daggers can easily be treated as being a part of the fist/edge family.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥ - 藤林 杏-様 - ♥
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited November 2009

learn to read posts before commenting on them b:surrender she said that weapons were "Assassin only" i said provide proof all you did was provide that assassin have dagger skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Archers, or any class for that matter, can use any type of weapons (except slingshots and crossbows, which are archer class locked) without having skills that are relevant to them using other types of weapons. Just because archers do not have any fist/sword/axe/pole skills, doesn't mean they cannot use them. Your point is invalid and is not plausible for daggers to be class locked. Not to mention that daggers can easily be treated as being a part of the fist/edge family.

I can use a bow, fists, axes ect too, but skills that a Cleric has will not work with those weapons.

What is the point of having Daggers if you cannot use the skills? For show?

I know my fists and bow are for show only and I have to change weapons to use healing and attack skills.

Anyone can have any weapon, it does not mean that you will get the full potential of them. That is all I was saying. Therefore esentially Daggers are class locked in that you would not be able to use any viable skill with them = whats the point?

It is like a veno pet versus an all-class pet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
    edited November 2009
    I can use a bow, fists, axes ect too, but skills that a Cleric has will not work with those weapons.

I know my fists and bow are for show only and I have to change weapons to use healing and attack skills.

Anyone can have any weapon, it does not mean that you will get the full potential of them. That is all I was saying. Therefore esentially Daggers are class locked in that you would not be able to use any viable skill with them = whats the point?

That's why I said:
    Not to mention that daggers can easily be treated as being a part of the fist/edge family.

Some archers take full advantage of their ranking gear extra add-on to manipulate the interval additions with fists and other interval modded equipments. They may not be able to use much fist related skills, but they can still manage to deal very high damage in split seconds. So yes, some people do have a plausible reason into using weapons that do not have any relevance to their skill tree.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥ - 藤林 杏-様 - ♥
  • Malley - Lost City
    edited November 2009

The points is half of the Blademaster skill tree only requires a melee weapon to be equiped
    so we could still use half of our skills with a dagger
    2 stuns, 2 aoes, marrows, sutra, Bell, leaps, sprints, smack & dragons bane

While we would be missing out on some of our better skills we would still have the basics covered with all that extra dex
    all that as long as daggers arnt class specific like cross bows and sling shots
    But im almost positive they would be

and like someone said earlier daggers could also be treaded like a fist that would open up more fist builds pure dex light armor dagger and heavy armor fist/claw
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited November 2009

We have skills that work so long as we are wielding any melee weapon, and two of our three level 79 skills work even if we have a bow or magic weapon equipped.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    some daggers might have 'assasin only' in text description like archers weapons
    but this is not the point, you probably need same dex. as fists or probably more so not that many points for equal lvl axe and dagger in the same time
    i havent read about daggers in pwi but i think, like in all other games, it has less p.atk than fists but more atk speed