graphix card

Options
Inias - Heavens Tear
Inias - Heavens Tear Posts: 440 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Support Desk
as i start getting bored of PWI with all your gold sales and "events" with gold etc etc

i downloaded a new game called "....." but appearently i can play that game , witch is kinda similar to PWI on perfect graphix and have no lag at all

so and comparing that to this game i run this game in pretty low graphix and still t lags

SO

can anyone explain me why i can play that other game on perfect graphix and i can't play this game on good graphix
is it maybe possible that PWI doesn't make use of my new graphix card witch i installed on my PC AFTER i already installed PWI

TY b:victory
thanks to forsaken for this awesome sig b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Inias - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    PWI is "using" the card just fine. PWI's engine is advanced for it's time isn't coded to handle all of the new stuff that's out there. If you have a multi-core processor PWI only uses one core while most newer games will use more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Inias mayhaps learn to keep up with teh technology? b:chuckle
    also mayhaps the other game just has a less stressed server. or possibly a bigger budget so a better server? (O.o)'
    b:chuckle

also PWI runs just fine for me lols.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Options
    lol at spoony ... i posted this topic in the tech support topic o_O how can u move it then hrmmmm

strange :p

and to last person , i dunno if i can tell u what game i menth but i'll just say it i played dungeons and dragons for a bit , quite a busy game too , lots of ppl running around
    really nice graphix and surroundings too but difference is tha i can play that game on full graphix and can't play this game on full even half graphix is hard ... and yeah i have triple core , dunno if that would make that big of a difference tho
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Options
    D&D Online is even older than PWI...

Also, someone moved it to general discussion for whatever reason, that's why spoons had to move it back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Options
    wel yeah D&D is pretty old , so if the problem would be PWI not using any of my hardware i should definetly have it in D&D
    lol

and why would someone "not spoon" move my topic to general hihi
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I'm going to need some more information from you about your computer.

Find out what the model number for your PC is. Check the documentation that came with your PC, or look on the back or bottom of your PC for the model Number.

Please tell us the manufacturer's name of your system too! (Like HP, Dell, Toshiba, etc.)

Next, go to Start, click on Run (or Search if using Vista/7), and type in dxdiag and press enter.

Click on the Display tab, and then post here everything in the Device and Drivers boxes:
    dxdiag.jpg

Thanks!
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Options
    model.jpg
    so this is the SS with model of pc etc so
    the company that made it is : MEDION
    the model is :MS-7501

and extra info is on SS
    systeem.jpg

here u see what graphix card etc i have in my pc

u can ask me more specifications if needed , the text is in dutch so you probably can't read everything on it

grtz ^_^ thx for the help
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    @Inias

The data is all in the same spot, regardless of language ;)

Update your video drivers!

If Vista 32bit:
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista_32bit_191.07_whql.html

If Vista 64bit:
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista_64bit_191.07_whql.html

Update Vista to Service Pack 2:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/dd262148.aspx

Update your CPU drivers:
    http://support.amd.com/us/psearch/Pages/psearch.aspx?type=2.1&product=2.1.15&contentType=Tech+Download+Processor&ostype=&keywords=&items=20

Reboot your system after each install.

Hope those help! b:victory
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Options
    ty , downloading and installing right now

not too sure if it's really gonna help tho , but these updates are necesairy anyway
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Options
    @Inias

The data is all in the same spot, regardless of language ;)

Update your video drivers!

If Vista 32bit:
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista_32bit_191.07_whql.html

If Vista 64bit:
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista_64bit_191.07_whql.html

Update Vista to Service Pack 2:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/dd262148.aspx

Update your CPU drivers:
    http://support.amd.com/us/psearch/Pages/psearch.aspx?type=2.1&product=2.1.15&contentType=Tech+Download+Processor&ostype=&keywords=&items=20

Reboot your system after each install.

Hope those help! b:victory

about the red text :/ it says windows SP2 for SERVER you sure i want to install windows pack for a server?
    btw they only have 64 and 82 bit packs (i have 32 bit)
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Options
    hmmm nevermind at last post i got it for the windows update

buuut

for the processor update .. hehe i can only find linux updates , and i i check on hardware devices updates , vista can't find any better updates the i already have for that driver right now so , i guess processor is good
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Options
    It's the 2.1Ghz that's slowing you down probably. D&D doesn't have near the fancy lighting effects that PWI does so PWI is going to be more of a resource hog.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devilmaycare - Harshlands
    Devilmaycare - Harshlands Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    It's the 2.1Ghz that's slowing you down probably. D&D doesn't have near the fancy lighting effects that PWI does so PWI is going to be more of a resource hog.

I seriously doubt that, this game can be ran on an 800Mhz CPU on medium detail with no serious lag except in west arch, so if a 2.1Ghz CPU is choking then something is seriously wrong.

I suspect Vista is your culprit.....$@^%$*# **** OS
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Options
    pffff i dunno anymore

D&D i can run perfectly , in my opinion it has same good graphix as PWI has

but difference is that i can't run PWI as smooth as PWI
    i can run PWI on medium graphix no problem , except whenever i put my terrain on god dang that just slows my pc down like crazy

btw i did the updates , SP2 of vista now , updates graphix card , cpu i think is up to date

so it's not that anyone maybe have a program or other game comparable to PWI with graphix or requirements to play well so that i can compare

if i can play or run the other program on full graphix with no probs then it's only with PWI

if i can't run the other program perfectly then it's my pc that does't meet the specifications ...

any idea's? ^_^
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I seriously doubt that, this game can be ran on an 800Mhz CPU on medium detail with no serious lag except in west arch, so if a 2.1Ghz CPU is choking then something is seriously wrong.

I suspect Vista is your culprit.....$@^%$*# **** OS

Again. he doesn't want Medium Detail, he wants Full detail, at Full detail there's a lot going on there with all the sparklies and the vastly superior character customization, PWI is going to require a lot more power on full detail than a game with a few character presets and no-where near the sparklies. I saw a noticeable difference between 2.4 ghz, 3.0 ghz and 4.0ghz when it came to frame rate. 2.4 had skipping in W Arch, 3.0 did not and 4.0 got better frame rates to boot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devilmaycare - Harshlands
    Devilmaycare - Harshlands Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    pffff i dunno anymore

D&D i can run perfectly , in my opinion it has same good graphix as PWI has

i can run PWI on medium graphix no problem , except whenever i put my terrain on god dang that just slows my pc down like crazy

btw i did the updates , SP2 of vista now , updates graphix card , cpu i think is up to date

so it's not that anyone maybe have a program or other game comparable to PWI with graphix or requirements to play well so that i can compare

if i can play or run the other program on full graphix with no probs then it's only with PWI

if i can't run the other program perfectly then it's my pc that does't meet the specifications ...

any idea's? ^_^

Dump the vista and get yourself a copy of windows 7... you'll love yourself for it, even if it doesn't straighten out your PWI problem, your machine will just be so much faster overall.

One thing you have to understand is that different games call graphics functions in different ways, someone could make a game that visually is an exact copy of PWI and you'd notice a huge difference in how it runs on your hardware because it's using a different game engine and is calling functions and routines a bit differently.

Having said that, if you're getting a playable framerate, does it really bother you that much that you can't play on full details???? You're not really missing much playing on medium detail, lol

There's nothing wrong with your hardware, and i do fully believe that this game will run just fine on full detail once you get your drivers and other software straightened out...... DUMP THE VISTA.b:victory

Again. he doesn't want Medium Detail, he wants Full detail, at Full detail there's a lot going on there with all the sparklies and the vastly superior character customization, PWI is going to require a lot more power on full detail than a game with a few character presets and no-where near the sparklies. I saw a noticeable difference between 2.4 ghz, 3.0 ghz and 4.0ghz when it came to frame rate. 2.4 had skipping in W Arch, 3.0 did not and 4.0 got better frame rates to boot.

Personally I believe this game relies more heavily on video card and memory than on CPU, my laptop with 2.1ghz dual core CPU, 4Gb ram, and 256MB(1976MB shared) Radeon 3200, running Windows 7 runs PWI on full detail with the only noticable lag being in west arch(and it's not bad)..... the OPs hardware far surpasses the hardware of my meager laptop.... yet I can run full details and he cannot, the problem is Vista is a friggen piece of **** memory hog OS that should be shot and put out of it's missery, the OP is a victim of Vista... not CPU, lol!
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

o.o'
    this part confooses me.
    D:

well only thing me can suggest is....better hardware and operating system.
    me has near no lag in west arch lol.
    me actually go duel there because me has an advantage over most people.
    b:chuckle
    and because it's fun.
    =O
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Options
    myeah i know all that stuff about engines or i kinda do

and to be honest , i tottaly don't care about my graphix , i never put those sparkles and mist etc etc on , i hate it
    i only put up my water sun/moon shadows and a few more options and customatisations offcourse

BUT i do like to put my distance up and my terrain , my terrain is the biggest sukker of all he that really slows down my game

BBUUUUUT i do wanna get my pc working better with this game for TW
    in TW i know everyone has probs :p but if i can run my game better with high graphixs i assume i can also run my game better in TW

oh well because of someone talking about the customatisation : D&D doesn't really have that or not as much as here

maybe that's the prob
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Options
    in TW i know everyone has probs

oh well because of someone talking about the customatisation : D&D doesn't really have that or not as much as here

maybe that's the prob

I don't have any probs in TW with max settings. b:chuckle

Yes I've played D&D, if you think about it when there is a character in your view distance there's only a few things your CPU tells your video card to render "Face A, Face B, Face C, Armor A" etc. With PWI you can change your entire facial structure, have dyed clothing etc, that makes almost every character unique so the CPU has to pass on every bit of information about everyone to the video card.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Options
    but but but :(
    i put down the customisations so i don't see hair color facial expresions etc , i only see the clothes etc

hrmmmm guess t'l be like this t'ill i buy new pc lol
This discussion has been closed.