I remember the good ol' days...

Options

Comments

• King_Asmodei - Lost City
    King_Asmodei - Lost City Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    ah the good old days i do have to say i didnt get to lvl 60 or get my HH60 till this past month but i was still very pumped about it all. i started a week before CB ended. i couldn't wait for servers to reopen. but sadly i lost the Internet for months and just recently came back to this. T.T
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *sigh* I started as one of the few fists bms. I was ridiculed left and right now ur laughed at if you're not a fist bm. b:surrender
  • Taranta - Dreamweaver
    Taranta - Dreamweaver Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I remember when I wouldn't get ad-spammed by people in cities. Especially since they all seem to advertise things that violate the Terms of Service agreement.
    I shall dominate the Dreamweaver server through the use of Baked goods...and only baked goods.^^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Venomancers are Female. Barbarians are male. It will forever be this way. So suck it up and deal with it already.
  • DevoL - Lost City
    DevoL - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Since most are said already I wont go and waste space and say them again

-When having 10k rep was considered really high, and getting 200k rep for rank 8 seem impossible

-When you saw someone with Misty Rings/Cape of Taurien/Sky Demon Pearl/etc. rare molds and envy them

-When it was rare to see someone with 2 socket + g7 shard or higher in the weapon

-When having 4 socket Immac gears was cool
    b:bye
  • HighlevelEA - Lost City
    HighlevelEA - Lost City Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I remember being a "damn archer" during the snowmen event with my maxed winged blessing driving the BM's and barbs insane.
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    devoL GTFO .............. u quit QQ.....
    i remember when we were nostalgic for PW-MY-EN ................
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • FitHitDShan - Sanctuary
    FitHitDShan - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    when i lusted after Ayano-chan thinking she was a girl b:dirtyb:chuckle
    I'm sure others felt the same about Asterelle. b:chuckle

Oh God, that was me. I eventually had to become a male archer with pink hair when I learned the truth.

b:laugh

I remember spending an hour running around looking for an NPC selling charms when I burned out that first free one on my first wraith event.

I remember making wine for FB19 because it seemed like that was the only way a "full" party of three level 20s would get through those incredibly hard mobs.

I remember buying a bow for the snowmen so my BM could KS archers for a change.

I remember how cool it was to be in a mostly same-level party going into an FB for the first time in six months - thanks to the BH system.

I remember how easy it was to give up on ever being able to afford all the gear and skills to go beyond 80 and starting over rather than give up this game altogether. I remember how fun it has been to see all the 80+ stuff now that the requisite gear is no longer available only to the obsessive player.
    "?" IS my avatar.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I remember the good old days when people didn't beg for mounts or gear at ridiculous prices in PMs... oh. Wait, sorry, my bad. That was wishful thinking.

What I do remember are the days when people actually did zhen... the days where I thought those green weapons were uber rare... and the days when the economy was stable. =O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MiStAiSa - Sanctuary
    MiStAiSa - Sanctuary Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    i remember the good ol' days of pking with other 80s vs squads of demon/sages and still being able to win

the good ol' days when everyone would shout ME for fbs in faction chat
  • Retias - Sanctuary
    Retias - Sanctuary Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    <-- Joined in july

Still remember my bro, that started some weeks before me, telling me that golds were a little high when they were 130k XD

Still remember that week i passed grinding with my veno to get my first fashion set for my bm, worst boring week ever XD but i was proud of myself afterb:pleased
    After that, high lvls asked me to duel them in ether when i was between 10 and 20 cause they thought i was higher cause of my clothes XD I was loling at every lost i had b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DevoL - Lost City
    DevoL - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    devoL GTFO .............. u quit QQ.....
    i remember when we were nostalgic for PW-MY-EN ................

Surfing forums at work.

When:
    -having 1m coin was a lot, now its just pocket change
    -only the few BMs/Barb would have HH90 gold axes, past month i seen more HH90 gold axes then green ones
    -taking more then 3 weeks to get from 40-90
    b:bye
  • AuroraXT - Sanctuary
    AuroraXT - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    When:

- xmas blessing was the most sought after/expensive item
    - having a herc or nix was a rarity, having both was unheard off
    - running through west arch and seeing a max of 2-3 green weapons
    - crazy stone was cheap and gave 25%
    - squads hopefully waiting outside FBs
    - WC could only be afford by like 20 people on the server and there was no spam or drama every 10 minute
    - the goldenlion mount was a sight to call your friends over
    - when beautiful citrine shards were considered expensive, and flawless totally out of reach
    - feeling damn good when a snowman dropped that 350k christmas card
    - fashion was luxery and actually made you somewhat unique
    - raging when gold went to 120k, spending days waiting for it to go down to 109k
    - waiting days for a brave enough barb to show up to kill krimson
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    Raydoit - Sanctuary Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    When i was in Shockwave

2008-12-1718-37-28.jpg

and Legendary...

2009-08-0901-10-22.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See its black and white now. It means I quit! How poetic and stuff.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    When TW was more fun because not everyone went for the biggest faction and there was still unclaimed land. Although sometimes you can still have fun in TW even with the current unbalance from the packs.

Phoenix Attack!
    2009-10-3023-37-35-1.jpg
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Dudusk - Lost City
    Dudusk - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    When I was A Shortbus Noob and got pked by the whole server xD
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    -when i grinded by nub days with dual swords.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    GM events like the clothes hunt:

clotheshunt01.jpg

clotheshunt02.jpg

The GM meet on the tiny star island

gmmeet01.jpg

The first city captured

etherbridge.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    the days when i was still in LC (and low enough not to worry about being murdered), when i saw my first dharma....right then, i knew i had to have one someday...

so5ueb.gif

and now i do, in safe HT...

xkouq1.jpg

and she is still my pride and joy, next to my other long held dream...

hrakqf.jpg

these, and the beauty of the game, are what bring me back, despite everything that is going wrong.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Mirabeth - Sanctuary
    Mirabeth - Sanctuary Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Another thing I remember and wish was still the case for me in my higher levels.. less pressure to level. When I was low level, nobody really cared if I was leveling. Nobody would say to me "Hey, you've been that level for such and such length of time and so-and-so has leveled so many times in that amount of time" -.- I liked being able to just grind at my own pace, do my dailies, do my quests, have fun with my friends. Now as I'm higher level (and this may just be me, I don't know) it seems the pressure to get higher level faster and quicker is immense. No time to really stop and enjoy the game. Granted, I don't let people dictate to me how often I level or how fast, but the pressure to do so is still there, whether I let it get to me or not. :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you Skybelle for the wonderful sig

Where did you go, where did you go? How did you know to get out of a world gone mad? Help me let go of the chaos around me, the devil that hounds me. I need you to tell me "Child be still". If the darkest hour comes before the light, where is the light?
  • Waterboy - Lost City
    Waterboy - Lost City Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    i remember when i did ppls fb19's and not see them 1 month later at my lvl(im 9x) with insane gear+refines -.-
  • Stelacria - Heavens Tear
    Stelacria - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    @Poison:

Thank you so much for the laugh... that day was a very good day indeed. I forgot it was you who made the comment about the bridgeb:chuckle.

I too miss the GMs caring enough to play around with people in system messages. I wonder if they're on a much tighter leash, or if they don't care anymore?
  • Angel__sora - Sanctuary
    Angel__sora - Sanctuary Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    i remember when i did ppls fb19's and not see them 1 month later at my lvl(im 9x) with insane gear+refines -.-

I remember when everyone was desperate to get to do people's FBs since there was no BH or RB.
    One man's pain is another man's lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mirabeth - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options

I too miss the GMs caring enough to play around with people in system messages. I wonder if they're on a much tighter leash, or if they don't care anymore?

I wonder about that too. It's too hard to speculate about the reasons behind their lack of a more "vocal" appearance in game, though. But it's kind of sad.b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Where did you go, where did you go? How did you know to get out of a world gone mad? Help me let go of the chaos around me, the devil that hounds me. I need you to tell me "Child be still". If the darkest hour comes before the light, where is the light?
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I remember the good ol' days, when _____________________________.
    .. when Penn & Teller did an episode on the "good ol' days" mentality. It's Bull****.
  • Fleez - Heavens Tear
    Fleez - Heavens Tear Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Sorry to throw a bone in this whole thing but...those days are gone forever!
    Perfect World has fell upon dark days and it doesn't look like its gonna get any brighter anytime soon... and ya know wat things are only gonna get even worse when the rising tide expansion comes out. So... we can only hope that things will get better but.... it dont look like it... Even though im lvl 55 i been here for a while (laziness and lost my internet for a while) and from wat i see im not gonna be going any higher anytime soon. So im gonna say it again folks...
    I HAS FLEAS!!!
    ATTENTION ALL: I would just like you to know....I has fleas.
  • dawhitemage
    dawhitemage Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    when we were all noobs XD like when nadis and aya and a few other guys spent like 30 mins every day teaching me how to kite/buy skills, make weps/pots where to grind etc XD (lv 20-40s) and we would quest together and id always die >_<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool because he has to say something. - Plato
    Wolfteam (softynx) IGN: 547212436 ;) (this is a fps game so in no way competes with pwi lulz)
  • dawhitemage
    dawhitemage Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Perfect World has fell upon dark days and it doesn't look like its gonna get any brighter anytime soon... and ya know wat things are only gonna get even worse when the rising tide expansion comes out. So... we can only hope that things will get better but.... it dont look like it... Even though im lvl 55 i been here for a while (laziness and lost my internet for a while) and from wat i see im not gonna be going any higher anytime soon. So im gonna say it again folks...
    I HAS FLEAS!!!
    sad but true
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool because he has to say something. - Plato
    Wolfteam (softynx) IGN: 547212436 ;) (this is a fps game so in no way competes with pwi lulz)
  • Shandelzare - Sanctuary
    Shandelzare - Sanctuary Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    when we were all noobs XD like when nadis and aya and a few other guys spent like 30 mins every day teaching me how to kite/buy skills, make weps/pots where to grind etc XD (lv 20-40s) and we would quest together and id always die >_<

lol noob forgot me XD yeh that was fun

i remember when we were lv 30-40 taking our first territory and how the mobs would always kill us XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mirabeth - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I HAS FLEAS!!!

There's nothing wrong with remembering the fun you had, and the fun you still have. There are those that still enjoy this game. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I HAS FLEAS!!!

You think we don't know that those days are gone? It is like remembering the candy you just ate, you still have aftertaste in the mouth, you really liked it and would like to try it again. Unfortunately, it was the only candy. Can't get back what is eaten (not in edible form at least)... but we can still enjoy the aftertaste bit longer ;)
  • Fleez - Heavens Tear
    Fleez - Heavens Tear Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    MMMMMM candyb:dirty Too bad the candy of PWI has become somewat bitter to the taste and now costs me like close to 500k per gold...i mean erm...candy
    ATTENTION ALL: I would just like you to know....I has fleas.