Divine_guy - Lost City
Divine_guy - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Archer
hi
Im thinking on make a new char...
i like archer and wiz they have long rang and high damage
and other good stufs
so im asking arch or wiz?

*i put the question on the 2 sub-forums of the classes to have questions from the 2 sides....

ty
pingflips
Post edited by Divine_guy - Lost City on

Comments

• Whiner - Sanctuary
    Whiner - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Wizards
    + Hits harder then the Archer (so good in TW)
    - Squishy.
    - Uses MP charm.
    - Impossible to get in a 2-3.

Archers
    + Hits hard.
    + Can fly from the beginning, so faster getting started.
    x Medium defence.
    - Uses arrows.

I would go for the archer :p
  • Divine_guy - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Wizards
    - Squishy.
    - Uses MP charm.

Archers
    + Hits hard.
    x Medium defence.
    - Uses arrows.

2 questions
    1. What is "Squishy"
    2. Impossible to get in a 2-3? TT?
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    2 questions
    1. What is "Squishy"
    2. Impossible to get in a 2-3? TT?

Squishy means they flop/die relatively easy. 2-3 is TT2-3.

Archers shine early and mid game. Late game, they start to lose the edge creating an illusion that Archers suck end game. PvE wise, they are cheap and great throughout all levels. We are not always wanted in TTs, but are requested to tag along at times.

Wizards typically struggle pre-60s and shine at 99. 90 is when Wizards start dominating and at 99, it's almost like a one way street. PvE wise, after 60, Wizards walk all over mobs (but before that it's difficult to play one). Be prepared to not get in many TT runs.

On a final note, Wizards are far from being squishy at later levels.

Archers can grind relatively fast without the expenditure of potions and charms. Wizards take a little more patience if no charms are equipped. That said, Archers are cheaper to maintain than Wizards PvE wise.

edit: you might want to wait a day or two when the others wake up from either class to respond.
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Wizards
    - Squishy.
    - Uses MP charm.

Archers
    + Hits hard.
    x Medium defence.
    - Uses arrows.

I never use a mp charm, just buy some food:D
    And there is always a 2-3 squad saying 'need 2 DD', when I pm I usually get invited... Well, these are non AE squads, I probably won't survive him for a long time...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Divine_guy - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    so after all this...

while a arch is fun in the start and then at the end game become a ltl boring
    and a wiz is boring at the start and boring in the end....

i always think the archs were like wiz and wiz like archs bur now i know they r not....
  • Silverhawk - Dreamweaver
    Silverhawk - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    ArcheRs are extremely easy to Level to you might as well, try an Archer first and get to 60s. Once you are in your 60s you would know whether you like your archer or not. If you dont, you could start with a Wizard again.

Personally, I think Wizards are not for everyone. It requires extreme dedication and patience to play a Wizard. You literally get owned by every damn thing out there both in PVE and PVP for the first few levels. I dont know about others but Gah.. I played a Wizard till Lv 22 and quit playing, Too damn hard to level b:angry
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    wiz is a lot more interesting...the only reason i play the archer is cuz it's already at a high lvl so i get coin faster from it. in mass pvp both classes rock the boxers if they're not being focused, but once people turn their attention to you, i rather think wizards fare a little better with faster disables, distance shrink, and better defense.

all in all evasion does nothing unless it's working against you.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    Wizzeled - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    wiz is a lot more interesting...the only reason i play the archer is cuz it's already at a high lvl so i get coin faster from it. in mass pvp both classes rock the boxers if they're targeting someone else, but once people turn their attention to you, i rather think wizards fare a little better with faster disables, distance shrink, and better defense.

all in all evasion does nothing unless it's working against you.

Don't see why people thin evasion fails so hard lol those miss's help my **** in 5v1 >.< its how I step out of it victorious (gear helps too) even when the people are all 80+ >.<
  • Abide - Harshlands
    Abide - Harshlands Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    If your worried about the defense on the Wizard scatch that Light armour wizards are the way to go. If you want a brief description on some things you dont know and by what your questioning i can see that this Wizards guide is best for you.

Visit this link its not mines but a great person who created it.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=131201&highlight=Pandora+guide

If you like archers im trying to find a good archer guide for you. Maybe others will support it and post the link here.
    ~! Pkers Cons !~
    Pking Noobs = Raging Noobs = Noobs get high level ( Also feeling sorry that level 30's getting pked by 80s+ = Them same Noobs that was being pked and now is a higher level Thurst bang them same high levels that were pking them = Hurting the Clans that pk low level noobs because in the long run them same noobs might would of want to join your faction but now they think otherwise and go to another faction.

This is the life line i will live.

완벽한 세상이 프로.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Don't see why people thin evasion fails so hard lol those miss's help my **** in 5v1 >.< its how I step out of it victorious (gear helps too) even when the people are all 80+ >.<

too damn random and unpredictable to rely on. i've missed 2 straight times on bigP for whatever reason...and been hit consistently with the condor buff on. i'd rather take some solid pdef buff/hp increase. also, magic doesn't miss.

there's also something wonderful about wizards in that they have more control over a battle than archers. a wiz knows he won't miss and that his disables will more or less activate unless the opponent has potted to the contrary, a wiz knows after he sutras big nukes are going to hit the opponent in quick succession, and a crit is a nice surprise for the wiz. with archers there's a lot of uncertainty. you hope you won't miss, hope it actually stuns, hope you crit, or hope they miss. that said, a lucky archer is damn efficient and scary especially if said luck pertains to the crits department. in conclusion, the wizard brings power, while the archer brings...potential...
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    Wizzeled - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    too damn random and unpredictable to rely on. i've missed 2 straight times on bigP for whatever reason...and been hit consistently with the condor buff on. i'd rather take some solid pdef buff/hp increase. also, magic doesn't miss.

there's also something wonderful about wizards in that they have more control over a battle than archers. a wiz knows he won't miss and that his disables will more or less activate unless the opponent has potted to the contrary, a wiz knows after he sutras big nukes are going to hit the opponent in quick succession, and a crit is a nice surprise for the wiz. with archers there's a lot of uncertainty. you hope you won't miss, hope it actually stuns, hope you crit, or hope they miss. that said, a lucky archer is damn efficient and scary especially if said luck pertains to the crits department. in conclusion, the wizard brings power, while the archer brings...potential...
    IF an archer never missed a wizard will never be feared again.
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009

Speaking of evasion being unreliable...

I demon sparked someone today and missed every. damn. single. shot. through demon spark.b:surrender

I had condor on and the 8x archer hit me every. damn. single. time.b:surrender

b:cry
  • MrConce - Harshlands
    MrConce - Harshlands Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Archer seems fit for you as a player. Wiz is only for the people who can handle tough classes. In the end though, Wiz is the best out of the 2.
    "Always Outnumbered,Never Outgunned." + "For You My Lover,Pa Que Te Enamores" ~ Co7Vc3 ♥ El Romance Letal ♥ ~ Director of CareBears ~ Harshlands. Guess who's back? Bought a sexy **** powerful gaming laptop. Ready to be exploited. On my way to tech school/dorm. Be back soon. =)
  • Disappear - Lost City
    Disappear - Lost City Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    If your worried about the defense on the Wizard scatch that Light armour wizards are the way to go. If you want a brief description on some things you dont know and by what your questioning i can see that this Wizards guide is best for you.

Visit this link its not mines but a great person who created it.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=131201&highlight=Pandora+guide

If you like archers im trying to find a good archer guide for you. Maybe others will support it and post the link here.

NO DON'T USE PANDORAS GUIDE
    DO NOT!
    DO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

And i love my wiz..
  • Oneshotu - Lost City
    Oneshotu - Lost City Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    EA owns mage.
    So the Dead guy says "LOL you fail, you didnt even one shot me"
    Nuf said.
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    EA owns mage.

Only sub 90s. Please don't spread this false ****.

Mages only get better while Archers get "worse".

I dare you to say that again in 20 levels facing a wiz that doesn't have NPC gear. b:bye
  • Oneshotu - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Only sub 90s. Please don't spread this false ****.

Mages only get better while Archers get "worse".

I dare you to say that again in 20 levels facing a wiz that doesn't have NPC gear. b:bye

lol, I fully understad what your saying here...I mean I lnow EA isn't four shotting mages anymore at 99+ and I also know that mages are one shotting us EAs at 99+BUTEAs still beat mage...assuming your refine is high enough and you know how to kite
    Nuf said.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    ooo Legerity's feisty side b:dirtyb:chuckle
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    lol, I fully understad what your saying here...I mean I lnow EA isn't four shotting mages anymore at 99+ and I also know that mages are one shotting us EAs at 99+BUTEAs still beat mage...assuming your refine is high enough and you know how to kite

Just don't let a Wizard see your previous post. b:chuckle
    ooo Legerity's feisty side b:dirtyb:chuckle

:P
  • Oneshotu - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Kb:surrender
    Nuf said.
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Wizards
    - Squishy.
    - Uses MP charm.

Archers
    + Hits hard.
    x Medium defence.
    - Uses arrows.

If anything, i am looking for wizards to heal in TT2-3 as a 2nd cleric... if its hard to find a 2nd cleric
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Just don't let a Wizard see your previous post. b:chuckle

:P

b:shocked
    too late me has seen his post~! b:angry
    and me in the same server about to out level him too~!
    =O

"So the Dead guy says "LOL you fail, you didnt even one shot me"
    Nuf said. "
    me was "the Dead guy" b:avoid
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Divine_guy - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    which is the most independent?
  • Worship - Harshlands
    Worship - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    archer is definitely more independent... the only time ever do quests on my mage is if my friends want to raise their baby characters also. >< Archers solo really easy, and cheaply.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    archer is definitely more independent... the only time ever do quests on my mage is if my friends want to raise their baby characters also. >< Archers solo really easy, and cheaply.

agreed.

soloing as a wizard sucks~ so much~~
    (>.<)'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • //Lelouch\ - Sanctuary61
    //Lelouch\ - Sanctuary61 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Squishy means they flop/die relatively easy. 2-3 is TT2-3.

Archers shine early and mid game. Late game, they start to lose the edge creating an illusion that Archers suck end game. PvE wise, they are cheap and great throughout all levels. We are not always wanted in TTs, but are requested to tag along at times.

Wizards typically struggle pre-60s and shine at 99. 90 is when Wizards start dominating and at 99, it's almost like a one way street. PvE wise, after 60, Wizards walk all over mobs (but before that it's difficult to play one). Be prepared to not get in many TT runs.

On a final note, Wizards are far from being squishy at later levels.

Archers can grind relatively fast without the expenditure of potions and charms. Wizards take a little more patience if no charms are equipped. That said, Archers are cheaper to maintain than Wizards PvE wise.

edit: you might want to wait a day or two when the others wake up from either class to respond.

Now I have to say all of this wizard bashing is.... what's the phrase i'm looking for.... um wrong and completely untrue... Yeah that's it.
    "Squishy means they flop/die relatively easy. 2-3 is TT2-3" This only applies if you are a Pure Wiz, which causes you to lack that phy. def it takes to survive a hit, but pure mages deal a mass load of damage so it cancels out. Frankly i have yet to die in any TT and I have to say Wizards are a loaner class so don't expect everyone to seek you out, but when they do they will not regret it. Wizards damage like crazy and leave TT's looking like a bloodbath.
    Thing is with any character you choose there are pro's and cons but your ability to survive and be accepted by your peers falls on you. Don't blame the character blame the creator.b:chuckle
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Now I have to say all of this wizard bashing is.... what's the phrase i'm looking for.... um wrong and completely untrue... Yeah that's it.
    "Squishy means they flop/die relatively easy. 2-3 is TT2-3" This only applies if you are a Pure Wiz, which causes you to lack that phy. def it takes to survive a hit, but pure mages deal a mass load of damage so it cancels out. Frankly i have yet to die in any TT and I have to say Wizards are a loaner class so don't expect everyone to seek you out, but when they do they will not regret it. Wizards damage like crazy and leave TT's looking like a bloodbath.
    Thing is with any character you choose there are pro's and cons but your ability to survive and be accepted by your peers falls on you. Don't blame the character blame the creator.b:chuckle

I only explained what squishy meant (because the OP asked). I don't bash wizards (nor do I call them squishy, even arcane ones) because I know what they are capable of later in the game. If anything I would say wizard > archers but that'd create an argument that I'm sure will be of no benefit.
  • Divine_guy - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    this may be a stupid thing...
    i will make an archer and an wizard and try lvl they at same time
    then i gonna see the difereces between they...
    and if I become bored of one keep playing with the other...
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited November 2009

You know, i could one shot archers since lvl 70. At lvl 83, its much easier with lvl 10 sandstorm, lvl 10 earth mastery and 14% crit. Archers are still a pain somewhat, but not as bad as they were at 6x b:surrender
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Divine_guy - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    oh
    nevermind
    i become tired of the archer fast...

only playing with the wiz now

ty for the advices to all...

cumps
    pingflips