Sword and ??? BM

Options
Zataka - Lost City
Zataka - Lost City Posts: 63 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Blademaster
hey i was wondering what would make a good complementary path to the sword/blade path i was thinking sword/fist just to be original but i dont think that it would do good in pvp is a sword/axe path or sword/pole path gonna help more? also i wanna make it more customizable so i would appreciate a couple free points in the build can someone tell me the best pvp weapon path to double up with blade? and still have room to customize a little bit with the points? also a build would be nice to thanks
Post edited by Zataka - Lost City on

Comments

• Silver - Dreamweaver
    Silver - Dreamweaver Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Well i know alot are going to disagree with me but personally I like Sword/Fist bm build out of all the builds with Swords the best. The main reason for this is the Fist lvl 39 skills, cyclone kick. It is an aoe and increases your attack speed and usually this is a good combo i used. Aeolian Blade-Cyclone kick,(Which 2 sword) **** at them till they are dead. It usually works better when you are killing mobs for quests and grinding because it takes less time 2 kill the mob considering you 1. Increase damage done in time 2. elminate the time for casting, which could be outdamaged by more constant faster hits. But idk about anyone else, it worked good for me tho :). b:victory
    Most Ironic phrase in the English language is Common Sense, its easiest concept to understand yet few people ever grasp it.

~Silver
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    why not just use all 3?b:chuckle

go sword pole fist the stats are 5str 4 dex 1 vit ever 2 lvls

fist skills are minimal at cyclonee heel maxed and and mastery maxed so their an easy weapon to add (fist ulti is near useless except against HA venos wich it **** horribly)

sword is spirit chaser when you have extra spirit dont touch mage bane max atamos strike and level myriad whenever you can (amazing skill it will be your main ulti with this build)

spear is all skills but meteor rush and glacial spike maxed meteor is good for aoe but level 1 will do untill you have the extra spirit to level it and dlacial spike is nice for debuffing mobs before dragons or a wizz ulti/archer barage/barb armagedon but level one will do for that till your main skills are maxed

(yes you'll gave the spirit for this if you level a little slowly)

this works well because the weapons cover each other well spears benifit from a lot of dex swords and fists rely heavly on having extra strength
    for dps/spike

for pvp youll have 3 (4 if you count myriad lol) differet ranges strikes and tons of spike for them silly kiters and rather good dps for your fellow bm's and barbs

for pve you have stacked bleeds fist dps several knockbacks and ranged strikes for mob control and 2 very good ultimates (myriad is dmage party protection and more damage glacial is a good setup for other skills from your mates)

(note cyclone heel is fist accererator/aoe shadowless kick is the cancle skill you get shadow at lvl 39 and cyclone at 49 read the skill trees pleas b4 u post)

as always correct me if wrong and have funb:bye
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Zataka - Lost City
    Zataka - Lost City Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    why not just use all 3?b:chuckle

go sword pole fist the stats are 5str 4 dex 1 vit ever 2 lvls

fist skills are minimal at cyclonee heel maxed and and mastery maxed so their an easy weapon to add (fist ulti is near useless except against HA venos wich it **** horribly)

sword is spirit chaser when you have extra spirit dont touch mage bane max atamos strike and level myriad whenever you can (amazing skill it will be your main ulti with this build)

spear is all skills but meteor rush and glacial spike maxed meteor is good for aoe but level 1 will do untill you have the extra spirit to level it and dlacial spike is nice for debuffing mobs before dragons or a wizz ulti/archer barage/barb armagedon but level one will do for that till your main skills are maxed

(yes you'll gave the spirit for this if you level a little slowly)

this works well because the weapons cover each other well spears benifit from a lot of dex swords and fists rely heavly on having extra strength
    for dps/spike

for pvp youll have 3 (4 if you count myriad lol) differet ranges strikes and tons of spike for them silly kiters and rather good dps for your fellow bm's and barbs

for pve you have stacked bleeds fist dps several knockbacks and ranged strikes for mob control and 2 very good ultimates (myriad is dmage party protection and more damage glacial is a good setup for other skills from your mates)

(note cyclone heel is fist accererator/aoe shadowless kick is the cancle skill you get shadow at lvl 39 and cyclone at 49 read the skill trees pleas b4 u post)

as always correct me if wrong and have funb:bye

Thanks for the information but i really dont wanna waste some sp on a third path and i dont want to get frustratedb:shocked lol also i was just reading some other threads and have decided to go sword/pole path thanks for your opinions though also for the 3 paths i dont like the idea of only buying lvl 1 of most fist skills it just doesnt seem like a fun path b:bye
  • Kedth - Sanctuary
    Kedth - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Sword / Fist + Axe (best BM build imo)

Sword/fist for 1vs1 DPS attack and chi building, you reeeeally keep aggro better just with attacks and casual skilll uses (cyclone in case of fists and ultis). You can use ralentless courage with genie too and let the party begin... b:dirty

Axe for AoE and stun-lock, seriously, u need axes if you want to be a complete BM. Not only because of the AoE part of it, but in PvP stun-lock for us is a must against many classes and without them u cant stun as near as good (Roar + Drake's Bash + Aeolian Blade... enjoy the beating) and Heaven's Flame is sooooo usefull in Bosses and instances... PvP as well if u know how to use it.

For the build you are going to need to cap your vit at some point to boost your strength because of the axe reqs and of course the fist/sword dex reqs. I was a sword BM at first so i pretty much followed its build (5str/3dex/2 vit each 2 lvls), capped my vit at 65, my dex at 132 (at lvl 8x) and started to add str like crazy for axes. Kind of a customized build atm... as we all do at some point.

I hope this helps

Take care out there
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Sword / Fist + Axe (best BM build imo)

Sword/fist for 1vs1 DPS attack and chi building, you reeeeally keep aggro better just with attacks and casual skilll uses (cyclone in case of fists and ultis). You can use ralentless courage with genie too and let the party begin... b:dirty

Axe for AoE and stun-lock, seriously, u need axes if you want to be a complete BM. Not only because of the AoE part of it, but in PvP stun-lock for us is a must against many classes and without them u cant stun as near as good (Roar + Drake's Bash + Aeolian Blade... enjoy the beating) and Heaven's Flame is sooooo usefull in Bosses and instances... PvP as well if u know how to use it.

For the build you are going to need to cap your vit at some point to boost your strength because of the axe reqs and of course the fist/sword dex reqs. I was a sword BM at first so i pretty much followed its build (5str/3dex/2 vit each 2 lvls), capped my vit at 65, my dex at 132 (at lvl 8x) and started to add str like crazy for axes. Kind of a customized build atm... as we all do at some point.

I hope this helps

Take care out there

lol fist axe is also the all weapon build meaning u can just up whatever u want

quick correction by the way a fist axe will never be able to add vit...3 str 2 dex every lvl if u want hp with this use vit+ gear n tome and hp shards

but as he stated he's going sword pole...a narrow path but it works lol

as always correct me if wrong no flames please ill thank you for it in the endb:bye
  • Kedth - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    As far as the build goes i talked as a sword/axe myself, and yes you can add a decent amount of vit with that path (and after lvl9x u can even increase it).

I dont like the idea of having more than 2 paths... u are not going to be as effective as a 2 path BM because of SP management (Sage/Demon skills included). And its going to be veeeeeery expensive.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    lol thats if u know a many path bm dosent take their time and earn lots of spirit by farming gamma/bh's for it

true i level slower than most lvl 9x's but all pathers get a lot more out of each level we get
  • Kedth - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Im not talking about lvling speed, im talking of being effective... u need masteries lvled as high as u can to DD better, u need ur skills as high as possible to work properly too. And then comes Sage/demon and the same happens, u need them maxed.

But of course its a personal choice and i'm so not going to tell you or anyone how they should play their char. Personal oppinion always.

And yes, i know a lot of BMs so i talk from experience.

Have fun b:bye
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    lol mabey i should make this clear

all masterys at lvl 9 atm with at least 1 rank in all skils with fist keept max lvl and axes at around lvl 3 each (with drakes bash at 10) peircing winds lvl max other pole skills lvl 2 all sword skills are at lvl 2 sadly i do intend to max axes and get sword pole to all lvl 4 b4 i lvl again lol

all non path skills maxed yes both marrows to >< (had alter maq at lvl 8 before i read my first guide)

and ya im mining spirit while level freezing with geni in order to keep all maxed

thats why i level slower than most 9x's i know b:sad

its all about the amount of effort your willing to put into your charecter

but you are dead right about my demon skills those will be hell to max all on (when i finnaly get there)b:thanks

also as u say its all about individual play style lol

so ya unless your willing to lvl like a turtle or be horribly underpowerd till 80+ just take 2 paths lol (sry allb:surrender)

thanks for the reminder kedb:thanks
  • Kedth - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Np, i wish you all the luck in the world with your char. After all, its all about having fun b:victory

Take care out there
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I use all weapons. And you don't have to level every skill to max. You pick and choose.

My main path has been axe/hammer. My secondary has been Fist, followed by sword then spear.

I have all mastery's maxed.

I have all axes maxed except for fissure (9).

I have sword ulit at 9 (more for effect) atmos is leveled enough to be worth using and the distance attack is the same (i believe both are (8).)

I have farstrike and meteor rush leveling I don't remember right now which level but farstrike (I like distance attacks)I believe is level 9 and meteor rush is 8 (group push back is handy).

Fist skills I have shadowless kick level 1. Looking at wanting to max cyclone heel. But right now I have other skills that take priority.

Last skill purchased was demon Roar Of the Pride. And finally decided to get my 79 skills so I got those too thanks to some help from friends.

I have over 2 million spirit left right now and some coin. Looking at going back in and leveling skills. But everything works just fine the way it is. So idk. I'll probably wait.

The hardest part I find about going all paths is making sure you have a 4 great weapons.

The most lacking weapon I have at the moment is my spear but I only use the two skills for their ease of use. So I'm okay with it for now.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • White_Puma - Harshlands
    White_Puma - Harshlands Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    On an alt, I was fist/sword for a while, and it wasnt bad. The only downside I can think of, is that you do horrible against heavies in pvp, unless you get alot of crits. Another smaller thing, is the loss of hp, because you have to spread it between 3 different stats, before fist/sword I was an axe bm, and had really close to 1k more hp(all from vit)
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    up your str a fist with high str and -interval gear/ good acceleration abilities is a flesh shredder vs anyone dumb enough to stand and take it making it the most effective anti bm/barb weapon in my arsenal (the ulti is normally pretty useless but keep it leveld if you intend to pk...it is the perfect bane to Heavy veno's)

and them swords can chop up runners quite nicly with their ulti ranged strike and atamos