venos in pvp

Options
Negase - Harshlands
Negase - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Arigora Colosseum
hello all, my question to you is the following. is getting a phoenix really worth it?
i joined the pvp server obviously to pvp but i plan to make it to high lvls and i dont want to pay a lot of money to be beaten by barbs and mages later on.
Post edited by Negase - Harshlands on

Comments

• Meeeowwwwww - Lost City
    Meeeowwwwww - Lost City Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    If you want to be a good PvP'er.....Nix is a Must Have!

Also Wiz's are easy, some I dont even need a pet ;p

For Instance PvP(Secret Passage for example)
    Id say hercules is good for.
    1. People shall not be able to kill the pet easily
    2. High damage with Flesh Ream

(Nix / Herc must have Flesh Ream! That is the PvPness about it! Flesh Ream! Kills ppl o.o :P)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you need me, just Meeeeoowwwwwww!
    b:dirty
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Nix vs sawfly is no competition. Even without the "bugged" flesh ream, nix will destroy and outtank the sawfly by miles. So yea, nix is great for pvp, now if you decide to get flesh ream or not, thats up to you.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Vivre - Harshlands
    Vivre - Harshlands Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Nixes in pvp is easy mode. You wont have much trouble vs wizards but barbs will still stand a fighting chance.

The red name nix venos i see tend to just stay on their aerogear and send out their pet to nuke opponents-- if that won't bore you to death after a week, go for it. Nixless venos require a lot more skill to survive vs other classes, but it probably is more fun. My advice would be, go nixless for now and hone your skills, then invest in your nix later on (~7xs or so) to stay competitive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    What is this 'res' you speak of? b:cute
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I dont even use my nix in TW anymore, its level 6x and gets 1 shot by some players. Pain in the **** to revive and it only does 150dmg bleed to some players. My magic does 1-3k damage depending on target easily outdamages my nix.
  • Negase - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    Options
    thanks you for the quick responses. so im hearing that a nix/herc is a most on pvp but later on it doesnt do much dmg? also i play a lvl 6x wiz on a pve server and all wizzards keep telling me that they r op at end game i would like to know how much of that is true agaist a veno.
  • /NiKi - Lost City
    /NiKi - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I dont even use my nix in TW anymore, its level 6x and gets 1 shot by some players. Pain in the **** to revive and it only does 150dmg bleed to some players. My magic does 1-3k damage depending on target easily outdamages my nix.

i lol'd on this b:chuckle
    do u always buff ur nix?
    bleed keep making dmg,with his attack speed and phys.attack buff no way u make only 150 dmg.and revive takes same for all pets.

for negase,nix getting more dmg with each lvl..
    just probably players using better gear and have better defense.
    mages are great after lvl90,maybe even after 100 how much i read in some posts..
    they got great dmg but veno with nix can take them still,if u attack them 1st and they dont have time to spark..lol
    unless they got really high hp which is rare for mages,only if they really pimped out theirs gear
  • Ftp_paytowin - Harshlands
    Ftp_paytowin - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Get a nix, get level 90, get full TT90 heavy set and get mdef orns, TT90 gold neck demon slaughter etc, max amp and purge and try to get the sage/demon books for them, max flesh ream and hug fox form, congrats you are now OP -.-

Edit - Get fastest aerogear possible and always have it full of fuel stones so you can kite melees.
  • Ftp_paytowin - Harshlands
    Ftp_paytowin - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    If you want to be known as someone who abuses a bug and barely needs any pvp skill.....Nix is a Must Have!

Also Wiz's are easy, some I dont even need a pet ;p

For Instance PvP(Secret Passage for example)
    Id say hercules is good for.
    1. People shall not be able to kill the pet easily
    2. High damage with Flesh Ream

(Nix / Herc must have Flesh Ream! That is the PvPness about it! Flesh Ream! Kills ppl o.o :P)

Fixed b:cute
  • Oneshotu - Lost City
    Oneshotu - Lost City Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Get a nix, get level 90, get full TT90 heavy set and get mdef orns, TT90 gold neck demon slaughter etc, max amp and purge and try to get the sage/demon books for them, max flesh ream and hug fox form, congrats you are now OP -.-

Edit - Get fastest aerogear possible and always have it full of fuel stones so you can kite melees.

This^^,sort of...if u go heavy then there is no point in hugging fox form.i reccomend light veno
    get the nix though
    So the Dead guy says "LOL you fail, you didnt even one shot me"
    Nuf said.
    edited October 2009
    Options
    i lol'd on this b:chuckle
    do u always buff ur nix?
    bleed keep making dmg,with his attack speed and phys.attack buff no way u make only 150 dmg.and revive takes same for all pets.

for negase,nix getting more dmg with each lvl..
    just probably players using better gear and have better defense.
    mages are great after lvl90,maybe even after 100 how much i read in some posts..
    they got great dmg but veno with nix can take them still,if u attack them 1st and they dont have time to spark..lol
    unless they got really high hp which is rare for mages,only if they really pimped out theirs gear

Of course I buff my nix, aint that stupid. level 60 nix vs lvl high 90 wizzie... Automatic -50% dmg reduction right there.
  • Gasoline - Lost City
    Gasoline - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    hello all, my question to you is the following. is getting a phoenix really worth it?
    i joined the pvp server obviously to pvp but i plan to make it to high lvls and i dont want to pay a lot of money to be beaten by barbs and mages later on.

lvl 100 barbs and wizards are extremely OP and will most likely beat you anyway.

Lvl 100 wiz using undine strike + amp+ lvl 11 ulti is a 100% 1 shoot on anyone but a barb pretty much.

Lvl 100 barb using ToP + amp + Armageddon will 1 shoot you to even if you're in heavy.

So doesn't matter if you have a nix to be honest. Doesn't matter if you're in arcane, heavy, light armor, builds doesn't matter either - unless you have 20k hp to tank the most OP classes ultis b:shocked

But nix is still important for pvp, specially during lvl 80-90. Its not so much for the pecks ( they really don't do much dmg unless armor break 100% procs) but for the range stun and bleed. And there is other classes than wizards and barbs endgame you know and nix is the best pet you can ever get for pvp. Its also pretty OP at lvl 80-90 when ppl have shietty phy def. Nixbleed **** pretty much any LA + arcane user up to lvl 95+
  • Negase - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    Options
    thank you for ur post gasoline, in that case i think ill buy a herc to fund my next character, either a mage or one of the upcoming classes.
  • Mala_Curica - Lost City
    Mala_Curica - Lost City Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Of course I buff my nix, aint that stupid. level 60 nix vs lvl high 90 wizzie... Automatic -50% dmg reduction right there.

that doesnt mean nix is bad for pvp..everyone on lvl60 gonna get 1 shotted from 90 mage b:bye
  • Sadpuma - Heavens Tear
    Sadpuma - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    If you want to be a good PvP'er.....Nix is a Must Have!

Just sad that so many veno's think that just because you have a nix it means your a good PKer....

Learn to fight without your damn nix instead of running away when it dies....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Just sad that so many veno's think that just because you have a nix it means your a good PKer....

Indeed. Recent TW vs radience, my bird got killed so I started dropping players without it. Didn't slow me down.b:victory
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Chanima - Heavens Tear
    Chanima - Heavens Tear Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

LOL Sadpuma.. You know that almost every veno runs when nix dies and they get a barb, BM after their ****. I see you as well run when nix is dead. Its our main force to kill squishies fast. But against barb/BM etc it wont do a lot of damage, so you gotta be good in PvP without a nix too, but the nix might be the little extra that gives you the kill before the charm tick.
    When the BM comes up front and stunlock you dont have a lot of choice then to drop unless you got uber gear or heavy armor.

Nix = **** clerics, wiz - because they can handle your magic attacks. Magic attacks will do more damage on Heavy Armors. Im no PvP expert and I love fighting without nix, but when its war and you might get several hardcore players after you, id rather PK with the nix then without because it gives the little extra advantage if you got **** magic attack. b:victory

Only a fool trust his life to a weapon (I think that is from Mortal Kombat). So learn how to use your skill without the nix, its without the nix your true skills show. b:cute

A veno without a pet is like a BM without stuns, a barb without huge amount of hp, a cleric without heals, a archer without crits and a wizard without *drum rolls* Water buff!!!

btw puma, dont keel me for what I said.
    Pride comes before a fall! b:bye
  • _Miku_ - Lost City
    _Miku_ - Lost City Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

R u serious? D:
    U mean in TW for ppl that are wayyy higher lvl that u send ur nix after or ppl ur lvl X___X.
    I dont wana go into a TW with my nix if the damage reduction that i have applies to my nix too.b:sad
  • Sadpuma - Heavens Tear
    Sadpuma - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    You know that almost every veno runs when nix dies and they get a barb, BM after their ****. I see you as well run when nix is dead.
    A veno without a pet is like a BM without stuns

I only run when i am getting ganked by multiple people, period. I dont run if i am faced with only one person attacking me. I dont care if the nix dies, the fools that take their time taking out my nix instead of me is time that I will spend killing them. I very rarely even use the nix in 1v1's...

1v1 with veno's is different. Especially cause nearly all veno's will NOT 1v1 without their nix :-/.

For those that really feel that you are as handicapped as a BM without stuns when you dont have a pet out, i feel sorry for you.

As veno's we have a HUGE number of different ways to attack and kill every class without a pet. Yes, having a pet is nice, but its a luxury. Yes, we are the weakest magic attack class there is and thats why we have pets.

I wont deny that having a nix out is very nice and makes killing soo much easier. But lets face it, Flesh ream is bugged and everyone in pk mode only uses a pet with that skill and nothing else...

If you notice, this debate isnt about using a pet so much as it is using a nix.

To all veno's, step out of that mold that the server has made for you. Stop being that OP veno, and try something new, try to rely on your skill and a pet that is not bugged. And for heavens sake... stop freaking running......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Miku_ - Lost City
    _Miku_ - Lost City Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I only run when i am getting ganked by multiple people, period. I dont run if i am faced with only one person attacking me. I dont care if the nix dies, the fools that take their time taking out my nix instead of me is time that I will spend killing them. I very rarely even use the nix in 1v1's...

1v1 with veno's is different. Especially cause nearly all veno's will NOT 1v1 without their nix :-/.

For those that really feel that you are as handicapped as a BM without stuns when you dont have a pet out, i feel sorry for you.

As veno's we have a HUGE number of different ways to attack and kill every class without a pet. Yes, having a pet is nice, but its a luxury. Yes, we are the weakest magic attack class there is and thats why we have pets.

I wont deny that having a nix out is very nice and makes killing soo much easier. But lets face it, Flesh ream is bugged and everyone in pk mode only uses a pet with that skill and nothing else...

If you notice, this debate isnt about using a pet so much as it is using a nix.

To all veno's, step out of that mold that the server has made for you. Stop being that OP veno, and try something new, try to rely on your skill and a pet that is not bugged. And for heavens sake... stop freaking running......

I do not see your point.
    Having a nix is good yes :D
    But why shouldnt we use it. I mean its not like a person with a warsoul wepon isnt going to use it and stick to a weaker wepon.
    As for the running part i think after ur nix dies and u still think u have a chance u should try but if u KNOW u are gona lose than high tail it.
    Better to retreat from a losing battle than to lose the battle.
  • Zhuge_Ace - Dreamweaver
    Zhuge_Ace - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    ok well i have tested out a few of the dif chars and personally if you are gonna pvp i would go with a BM or a cleric but i havent used all the dif classes so that is just my opinion
  • Silvia_Xenth - Lost City
    Silvia_Xenth - Lost City Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    lol i dont use either nix or herc just golem and a wild bee i like it even though its weak i dont care about pets that much i grind solo and iff i binded my gear i would pvp without or with a air pet with 0 fleash ream i like 2 die and win ofc higher lv will we harder but they are lame well i am white untill my gear is binded i am robe/vit on foxform so i have no real weakness and i see pet as cute pets not OP so i dont use nix or herc tehy are lame Diego get better weapon u still cant 1 shoot me u fool
  • Lickmyvenom - Heavens Tear
    Lickmyvenom - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    the sad part is...she uses nix all the time..i should know lol it was just one of those try to come off smart type deals...o well cant wait to hit 90 and get pay back on her nix using rear end >.>
  • Tayiorswift - Harshlands
    Tayiorswift - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Nix that is all.
  • Meivi - Lost City
    Meivi - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Nix is always worth it.
    In fact, even outside PvP its pretty amazing for solo grinding on air mobs.
    Fast and high damage, fast movement... pretty much high everything.
    I love my nix a lot, and I would recommend it easily for PvP; arcane armour is a little bit of a joke against nix, and with a combo of magic and nix you make your life a lot easier killing heavy and light armour.
    Of course this is just my opinion.
    But read all the nix QQ threads on this forum and I think you'll find it hard to not agree that nix is amazing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Venomancer ~ 100 ~ Instinct
  • Chanima - Heavens Tear
    Chanima - Heavens Tear Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Sadpuma:

Its not what I mean.. What i mean that each class got their own skill and possibilites. A BM can **** a veno without stunning just by attacking. Most Arcane venos have like 0 phys def and 3-4k hp. Thats just a few hits and dead. But Venos can use pets, BMs can use stuns (and they surely do), Clerics can heal etc. Its a part of who we are. Ofc I can kill a lot without the phoenix, but with my regular attacks as a vit based veno I dont die easily, but I also do less damage then magic arc - venos that die easily but also do more damage. For me its hard to just use my attacks to drop someone with a lot of hp when charm ticks before I get to drop them, or a cleric would heal themselves, making it impossible to take down, BM would stun you so you cant attack untill charm ticks, Barbarians would Armageddon my **** in one shot, Archers would crit like a crazy **** and they shoot arrows fast compared to our channeling attack etc.

I fought against _Curse a long time without phoenix, but I could not drop him at all with my attacks unless I get spark eruption and crit him. Im just saying that each class have their skills and stuff they can do that other classes cant, so why not take advantage of that? But yes, the flesh ream bug is a little OP, if not the phoenix wouldnt be much of a threat other then that it attacks fast but dont deal a lot of damage compared to what they do PvE.
    Pride comes before a fall! b:bye
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    Aniella - Harshlands Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    lol nix without flash ream do nothing. as long as ya got a pet who have good dg.. and put flash ream on it..it work good"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

QQ If i did Crazy stone at 3x AND not 6x, i had been lvl 105 now!
    Didnt know about Bh/CrazyStone before lvl 6x LOL
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Most Arcane venos have like 0 phys def and 3-4k hp.

Care to introduce me some?
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I see alot ppl think nix make you pro..but thats not realy true..pking need skills and who to use them.

Remeber that weaker pets have skills that nix don't have. get a sawfly/skatefiish with lvl 5 bleed ..work good and save alot time and get more pro on how to use ur skills.(learn good ways to how to pk)

<_< i duel lvl 99 veno without wep/gear and anything i got her vit down to 40% by just use my sawfly and 2 skills.

i duel a lvl 80 veno when i was 70..she had nix..lol imake her to duel without pets..she tried win angst meh in foxfrom..she did even know who to use KILLS LOOL.

she got my vit down to 40% o.o i took 30% of her hp in 1 hit. "so wow that can we call pro uh"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• /NiKi - Lost City
    /NiKi - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    lol nix without flash ream do nothing. as long as ya got a pet who have good dg.. and put flash ream on it..it work good"

are u saying that cuz u dont have one or cuz u really mean it?
    so if u duel one or two bad venos,that means all venos with nix are bad?
    that just mean u dueled with not so skilled venos,but that dont have nothing with nix or any other pet.alot of venos played long without nix,and got it on high lvl,pretty sure u would get owned by them in duel regardless of them having nix or not.
    i hope u do realize alot of those venos with nix,barerly even played this class.
    they played some other class,got tired of nixes,so they reroll,maybe even oracle up,spend 200$ to get nix and expected they will own all.on higher lvl,when people have good gear and weapons,they can easily survive bleed and kill veno,or get rid of nix 1st.
    but that doesnt mean nix isnt best pvp pet and nothing u say will change that (pretty sure ur the veno who make topic how sawfly is good same as nix).
    no1 said venos without legendary pets are less good then those who have it,but u just cant compare something of 200$ or in-game 50-70mil with a free pet,they are not same nor will ever be.wouldnt even be fair that they are,if u payed something so much it better be good.when u show me sawfly handling 3-4 higher lvl mobs in same time,then we can compare it with nix.
    like some ppl pointed out,besides pvp with nix grinding is easy too,much faster then with any other pet.
    ur right about one thing,nix dont make u good veno,takes skills too (maybe not on lower lvls as much since ppl dont have much hp then),plus theres alot of venos who knows just how to press bleed,but having nix makes pvp and grinding much easier.
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i have just not duel 2.i duel alot ppl. also pked most of them..xD i have tried pk 100 ppl.
    xD i killed almot lvl 100 ppl.
    by just use that i have learn by my self. it work good i kill barbs(same lvl) almot lvl 97 wiz ,archers. they healed them self up <_< so its not fair..i don't use any healig or charm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]