Regarding Oracle Noobs n high lvls

Options

Comments

• Ophelius - Dreamweaver
    Ophelius - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Always time to teach someone something new. Just don't go Leeroy Jenkins and all is well. b:victory

I wouldn't expect a barb new to TT to tank it, nor a cleric new to TT to heal the squad...teach, learn, try again. That's the nature of the game.

But there's no way to tell that the player has levelled using oracles though. Learning the skills for a class is fairly simple, so how can one tell that someone else cant play their class?
  • malixdark
    malixdark Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Here's a question: Say one were new to TT at high levels, and haven't tried it out even once, would you give him a chance to learn, or would you begrudge him because he was inexperienced?

TT is veeeery easy O.o

I mean, I can understand in 2-3 or the higher 3's but any other TT basically comes down to tank the boss, cleric heals damage....oh look an aoe imma bb here...and **** away for 5 mins.
    TT3-1 has one or two gimmicks that basically take 30 seconds to explain and learn, and balls and clappers are a simple "do not touch"

All the rest comes down to good combat skills and knowing your own class.
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    She cant handle the healing on the bosses, yet I can.... by myself? Then they tell me because Im a FAC I fail....

You could? Call me crazy but I see 10378 and 9375 dmg being dealt to you, as well as "Can not perform this action while dead". So... what did you mean by you can handle to heal for the boss?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • forks89
    forks89 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Me and a few others will be starting a faction discouraging High lvl noobs and encouraging players to play out their class to full learn their potential in WHATEVER class they pick. That means no oracle noobs because yes, killing a pirate all day gives you great experience in.... killing a pirate... nothing else.

Guild name: Resolve
    Server: Harshlands

-Mastering our classes is a goal. Our forums are already built and contain info on builds, bosses and other instances (cube, rebirth, ect).
    -Everyone is encouraged to play at their own pace to fully understand the potential of their class. Best of all NO EXPERIENCE is asked, all we ask is that you are willing to take your time to learn the class. We do not want to be polluted with high lvl noobs.
    -Will be running all instances as often as we can with the numbers we get. Instances offer the best experience for you, you learn about all the different bosses and get some progress towards your level.
    -TWs are a goal for the long term future.
    -Once we reach near capacity we will begin a simple activeness monitoring system to ensure that our members are still active in the game. This will not be too stressful and can easily remain in the guild with even the most casual play.
    -Officer positions will be earned! No one will be granted the position because they are open. This means officers will be mature (no more "cry babies" or people that are control freaks)
    -Both me and the director are not going to tolerate any bs from any of our members and have already drawn out a set of rules that members must follow or they will be punished (kicking, demotion, and so on)

The faction will officially open in-game recruitment upon the release of the Rising Tide expansion. But have already begun trying to recruit members to join our forums and start to build a community.

Although only a small group at the moment we will build from the ground up ensuring a quality of player over quantity.

If you are interested please pm me here and I will give you more info as well as a way to get to our forums.

Sorry for the add but I figured it fit based on the forum title.
    Raging Tide Guild:resolvepwi.mmoguildsites.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    She cant handle the healing on the bosses, yet I can.... by myself? Then they tell me because Im a FAC I fail....
    You could? Call me crazy but I see 10378 and 9375 dmg being dealt to you, as well as "Can not perform this action while dead". So... what did you mean by you can handle to heal for the boss?

Excuse me while I lmao.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I know a few peeps who were 20 lvls below me, and now they are in the 90s because of oraclesb:cry

I hate being outlvl because of thatb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Trenith - Heavens Tear
    Trenith - Heavens Tear Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Oh we died, cant say we didnt. I died atleast twice before I got the timing down on the apoth pills and plume shell. But this was feb 2, genies werent out yet when we did this. Their were a handful of 90s on the server, radiance was literally only faction doing this guy, and here we are trying it with this lvl squad doing good. We all know Radiance had all the dam high levels except a few here n there in other guilds. So of course they did it easily but yeah... Its fact I could still do it...
  • Trenith - Heavens Tear
    Trenith - Heavens Tear Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Excuse me while I lmao.

I was reffering to the 2-3 runs we did non-belial. Ive done belial ONE time, feb 2nd.. Then quit the game returned last week and havent gone at him again... Notice the picture says lvl 75 not 77 like my avatar says...
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I was reffering to the 2-3 runs we did non-belial.

Wrong picture to post then. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Kagaro - Dreamweaver
    Kagaro - Dreamweaver Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    ouch

ya higher lvls think they know it all and think they can tell u what to do cuz apparently if ur a lower lvl than them ur automatically a noob
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yuufa - Heavens Tear
    Yuufa - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Always time to teach someone something new. Just don't go Leeroy Jenkins and all is well. b:victory

I wouldn't expect a barb new to TT to tank it, nor a cleric new to TT to heal the squad...teach, learn, try again. That's the nature of the game.

That is EXACTLY how i have learned to heal TT, when i was in my late 50's i was taken numerous times as second cleric and i leaned a lit under the guidance of my squad and the higher lvl cleric, it continued through 1-1 1-2 1-3, 2-1 and 2-2 etc. Now i can heal TT's alone i got to learn the fights off by heart.

And still i dont do TT alone, i try go with a newer cleric to help, and i can help by example and friendly advice and encouragement teach that player how the instance runs. Not "how to do it" i have never contraticted anopther play on the choice of skills they use, after all everyone is geared different and has there own play style

me for example ive invested a lot in -channeling and i make good timed use of wellspring surge when a DD accidentally takes agro. Then i get told by someone that all i "need" is IHB. You do it ur way, i do it mine. The proof is in the pudding. If u one skill heal the entire instance and everyone lives kudo's if i mix up all these wonderful different heals i have, and everyone lives Good for me and my squad. Learned this playing that Blizzard game with my Priest. where u do actually need to use the right heal fir the right occasion.

I have had TT runs where the other cleric just stands there and casts the aoe heal every time the CD is up, that is an example of how not to play.
    I have no use for signatures... hypocrisy aside xD
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I have had TT runs where the other cleric just stands there and casts the aoe heal every time the CD is up, that is an example of how not to play
    If u one skill heal the entire instance and everyone lives kudo's

Each to their own... if it works there is no wrong way
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Their loss. Plain and simple
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    malixdark wrote: »
    As an 83bm I could grind and learn my way to any level, master every skill, refine and shard my gear to the max, and I will always be second choice to the oracle nub version of the 3 main "wanteds" (barb/veno/cleric)

You are one of the most important classes for rebirth.
    Spare a thought for the venos who are pretty much not needed for that. (The best source of xp post 80)
    You get no sympathy from me.
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    malixdark wrote: »
    As an 83bm I could grind and learn my way to any level, master every skill, refine and shard my gear to the max, and I will always be second choice to the oracle nub version of the 3 main "wanteds" (barb/veno/cleric)

well i dunno about you but i will demmand to have a bm on my team for FF run, their stuns and aoes are the best you can have in there, that stun is all important for me in there.

and agreed with above, you seem to make venos out as gods where we rank as some of the least wanted
  • malixdark
    edited October 2009
    Options
    You are one of the most important classes for rebirth.
    Spare a thought for the venos who are pretty much not needed for that. (The best source of xp post 80)
    You get no sympathy from me.

No one's really needed for rebirth unless they're fully exp, and you only get fully exp if you have exp friends who will walk you through the instance. Rebirth isn't exactly available to most people. Mebbe different on your server but in sanc rb squads seeking veno's pop up quite regularly on wc. Also barbs are in far higher demand than bm's ever will be. "Paying exp barb 400k to gamma" is heard rather frequently.

Anyway, I'm not complaining. I mean, if it really bothered me I'd roll a barb/cleric. ^^ I just kinda find it funny that players will take the "preferred" classes/types regardless of how skilled they are, which usually results in avoidable party wipes and wasted time.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Speaking of 'exp' remarks, its pretty obnoxious how everyone on Sanctuary expects people to magically be experienced at Gamma. Its not like you magically get taken there the instant its avaliable; giving you vast knowledge of its expanses. If you cant find someone who has done it before, train one, instead of denying people a right to learn!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • malixdark
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Speaking of 'exp' remarks, its pretty obnoxious how everyone on Sanctuary expects people to magically be experienced at Gamma. Its not like you magically get taken there the instant its avaliable; giving you vast knowledge of its expanses. If you cant find someone who has done it before, train one, instead of denying people a right to learn!

QFT O_o

On sanc it's crazy. Finding a squad, or even a faction, kind enough to train you to be exp is literally impossible. And being anything less than exp earns you being ignored completely, or just ridiculed.
    Yet you see players spamming wc for hours, having complete spaz attacks, even offering money for gamma members.

Does having an inexp really mean instant fail? How hard is it to do a fake run and explain things and teach a few gamma newbs the instance. It's a kind and helpful act, and it'll gain you a good few future squad members.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Hm on topic of gamma, isnt all an archer supposed to do is stand slightly behind the eye, and start barrage when the bulk of the wave is there? I see so many leaving it running, and it seems like a waste of charm and arrow to me. You could easily just use sharpened tooth on the first stragglers etc, right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Shuy - Dreamweaver
    Shuy - Dreamweaver Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Oracles.. hmm i been hearing something about the new class that are coming out the Tideborns.. people been saying once they hit 30 they going to level 70+ by the end of the week i mean it's a whole new class no one knows anything about it and will not.. surely you play the class enjoy it for god knows how many hours not really worried about leveling enjoying the new class and the move or what why the hell would you level? that is just stupid and rediculous and if i see people who are 70 by the end of the week when they come out.. my lord it's just bloody rediculous and stupid.. i'm sorry but everyone is saying they going to oracle why?b:sad
    can someone please reply to this i don't understand it.b:surrender
    Quit PWI JUNE 2009.
  • Ophelius - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Everybody wants to get there as fast as possible.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Yea, wouldn't be surprised if I saw lvl 80 Tideborns the first week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Yea, wouldn't be surprised if I saw lvl 80 Tideborns the first week.

For someone to take that long, they would be slacking big time.... All they need would be around 2000 oracles, which is not that much money nowadays.
    Or for 4000-5000 they would hit 90s.

15 seconds to complete one, so it would take:
    To level 80 with 2000 orables, 500 minutes or a little over 8 hours.

Same 15 second but using 5000 oracles
    1250 minutes or 21 hours.

So, using Oracle 2s (since there are lots of those mobs you have to kill).
    15000 exp x 2000 = 30 million exp
    3500SP x 2000 = 7million SP
    9500coins x 2000 = 19 million coins

15000exp x 5000 = 75million exp
    3500 x 5000 = 17.5 million exp
    9500 coins x 5000 = 47.5 million coins
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    For someone to take that long, they would be slacking big time.... All they need would be around 2000 oracles, which is not that much money nowadays.
    Or for 4000-5000 they would hit 90s.

15 seconds to complete one, so it would take:
    To level 80 with 2000 orables, 500 minutes or a little over 8 hours.

Same 15 second but using 5000 oracles
    1250 minutes or 21 hours.

So, using Oracle 2s (since there are lots of those mobs you have to kill).
    15000 exp x 2000 = 30 million exp
    3500SP x 2000 = 7million SP
    9500coins x 2000 = 19 million coins

15000exp x 5000 = 75million exp
    3500 x 5000 = 17.5 million exp
    9500 coins x 5000 = 47.5 million coins

But when you take into account lines for the oracles....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Hm on topic of gamma, isnt all an archer supposed to do is stand slightly behind the eye, and start barrage when the bulk of the wave is there? I see so many leaving it running, and it seems like a waste of charm and arrow to me. You could easily just use sharpened tooth on the first stragglers etc, right?

The wizard is supposed to be standing at the god's eye. The cleric behind him so that the visual edge of dragons breath touches the outline of the BB when viewed from the bird's perspective. The archer should be behind the cleric so that the barrage circle around their feet intersects BB.

This allows for optimum aggro management. Dragon breath's range is actually wider than what you see visually. If setup like I described above, in case the archer pulls a couple of mobs, they will still be getting hit by dragon's breath; eventually the wiz will get aggro back and pull the mob back near the eye. If the archer is too close to the eye, their barrage damage will be penalized; if they're too far back, the dragon breath won't be able to reach them leaving the mobs archer aggroes undamaged (meaning more work for the barb and bm, or the few and far between smart venos).

If using two archers, the cleric stands where he normally would, with the archers on each side and slightly behind the cleric. Again, the reason being that way their barrages intersect, and the left archer hits the mobs that are hitting the right archer with his barrage and viceversa. This setup needs a really good barb who knows how to keep aggro on himself and the mobs at the eye, since there's no wiz who would normally draw most of the aggro in order to keep the mobs at the eye.

And yes, hitting the mobs with sharpened tooth prior to barraging is a good practice. In fact, it's pretty much imperative the archer does that in delta. As for gamma, it's not really needed, so most prefer to semi-afk and leave barrage up.

Hope that helps a bit :)
    b:dirty
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    But when you take into account lines for the oracles....

That is why I used oracles 2s as the main example. Even with JJ event, I never seen a line at the pirate. They put sooo many of them. However, with the expansion there may end up being lines there....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    That is why I used oracles 2s as the main example. Even with JJ event, I never seen a line at the pirate. They put sooo many of them. However, with the expansion there may end up being lines there....
    I've seen lines, and I've even seen certain factions purposely monopolizing all of them, but for the most part there's usually no one, 1 person, or 2 persons there. Whenever I have the coin free I buy oracles (of course it's usually not more than like 20 in any trip), well, because I can, and if anyone has a problem with it, I have a middle finger just for them.

I also agree that there will be lines and some humorous chaos come the expansion.

Additionally, the OP's screenshot is from February, and level 75. It's now almost November, and he's got 2 levels? I'm sorry but I'm not about to listen to someone who levels twice in 8 months in their 70s about how to do stuff.
  • ChaoticTears - Harshlands
    ChaoticTears - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Oracles.. hmm i been hearing something about the new class that are coming out the Tideborns.. people been saying once they hit 30 they going to level 70+ by the end of the week i mean it's a whole new class no one knows anything about it and will not.. surely you play the class enjoy it for god knows how many hours not really worried about leveling enjoying the new class and the move or what why the hell would you level? that is just stupid and rediculous and if i see people who are 70 by the end of the week when they come out.. my lord it's just bloody rediculous and stupid.. i'm sorry but everyone is saying they going to oracle why?b:sad
    can someone please reply to this i don't understand it.b:surrender

They will be oracle n00bs themselves... wether they have a level 100 main now is beside the point. The Tideborn are new races which no one knows how to play... so basically you will get lvl 70+ Sins running around " DOH!! whats this skillz do"
  • Morganna - Lost City
    Morganna - Lost City Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    They will be oracle n00bs themselves... wether they have a level 100 main now is beside the point. The Tideborn are new races which no one knows how to play... so basically you will get lvl 70+ Sins running around " DOH!! whats this skillz do"

This is exactly what I've been saying about anyone using oracles... I can't play any char but my veno and cleric. That's it. Anything else and I'm lost-- especially if the thing is leveled!! The people who use oracles would not be terribly useful in FB/HH/BH/Anything because they won't know their class. It'd be funny though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Your multi-tasking, Stephanie, is EPIC." --Aadi
    --DISCLAIMER--"the precceding post is only the opinion of Morganna and is not placing blame or accusation on anyone or anything" THANK YOU Xeian <3
  • Ophelius - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Not necessarily Chaotic. Unless they add new status ailments, most high levelled players will know what they're doing.