Regarding Oracle Noobs n high lvls

Options
13»

Comments

• SilentWisp - Heavens Tear
    SilentWisp - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Okay for all those who are level 9x+ half yall fail. Seriously, yall tell people that are 7x they can't do things when really they can do damn near same as you. Amazing what Apoth. Pills do, with a little bit of timing, and a little bit of common sense.

Most you people don't know what the hell it means to grind. Some people like me, who've been playing for long time before JJ events, which were the first generation of Oracle noobs came from, before anni. packs. Yall feel that because yall are high levels yall know everything. Sure some of yall know whats, what and what not but dang near 70% the server seems to be oracle noobs now days that just "know it all" I had a barb last night in TT, try to tell me every single thing I had to do. Sure its a TT2-3 the barbs 9x Im 7x. But I know my class, why do yall feel that since yall are higher yall think yall know it all. People telling me FACs phail. Well crazy enough I got to 2-3 with a group, have 86 cleric with 5K+ hp. She cant handle the healing on the bosses, yet I can.... by myself? Then they tell me because Im a FAC I fail....

You oracle noobs paid your way to the top, but that didn't mean it put you on top. Cause 95% you oracle noobs.... Fail....
    I totally agree, before all this easy exp came along most of these players would still be under 50. When I was 60 I could out DD 80's, now I can pretty much out DD anyone that isn't packing a serious high grade weapon. I actually have more hp than you AND more than 1k more mp (Better gear ;3)... But... 5k hp sounds like a balanced cleric, even with max barb buff I only have about 3.8k hp. If the cleric was an balanced cleric that would explain why they fail so hard.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    a lot of clerics pump vit to handle rebirth i think *shrug*
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Morganna - Lost City
    Morganna - Lost City Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    5k hp sounds like a balanced cleric, even with max barb buff I only have about 3.8k hp.

I have 4.8k with lv 11 barb buff b:surrender and only 40 base vit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Your multi-tasking, Stephanie, is EPIC." --Aadi
    --DISCLAIMER--"the precceding post is only the opinion of Morganna and is not placing blame or accusation on anyone or anything" THANK YOU Xeian <3
  • /Radar/ - Lost City
    /Radar/ - Lost City Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    my old cleric was 2.8k-3.6k buffed at level 44 (depending on barb buff lvl)...
    how are you all so weak?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Ophida for the cute siggy :3

- retired 11/06/09
  • Morganna - Lost City
    Morganna - Lost City Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    my old cleric was 2.8k-3.6k buffed at level 44 (depending on barb buff lvl)...
    how are you all so weak?

That's actually a bad thing. For every vit you pump, you lose some atk and healing power. I put some cause I'd like to live, but my HP is actually boosted by g6s in all my gear and a ton of vit in my gear as well. I wouldn't say my build is the best, but I'd say it's pretty awesome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Your multi-tasking, Stephanie, is EPIC." --Aadi
    --DISCLAIMER--"the precceding post is only the opinion of Morganna and is not placing blame or accusation on anyone or anything" THANK YOU Xeian <3
  • /Radar/ - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    That's actually a bad thing. For every vit you pump, you lose some atk and healing power. I put some cause I'd like to live, but my HP is actually boosted by g6s in all my gear and a ton of vit in my gear as well. I wouldn't say my build is the best, but I'd say it's pretty awesome.

i have (vit=lvl+4). standard cleric build lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- retired 11/06/09
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

That's standard? Standard to me was capping at 50 b:shocked That's what I've always seen as far as vit advice goes...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • /Radar/ - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    That's standard? Standard to me was capping at 50 b:shocked That's what I've always seen as far as vit advice goes...

i never cap stats :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- retired 11/06/09
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

I've never been a big fan of labeling builds as 'standard' but to be honest I don't think I've ever even heard of that build.

That sounds like a ton of magic being sacrificed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I've never been a big fan of labeling builds as 'standard' but to be honest I don't think I've ever even heard of that build.

This. There is no "standard". Do what you deem necessary to survive, and suit your style of play. Just dont go expecting that you will be awesome at nuking and tanking at the same time.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • /Radar/ - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    maybe i should clarify:

every two levels, 7 mag, 2 vit, 1 str <-- standard build for cleric (if you plan on surviving aoe bosses)

with that build, my lvl 44 cleric could solo-heal TT1-x parties on squad mode. so me "sacrificing healing power" or w/e, not true b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- retired 11/06/09
  • Taurzo - Lost City
    Taurzo - Lost City Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Okay for all those who are level 9x+ half yall fail. Seriously, yall tell people that are 7x they can't do things when really they can do damn near same as you. Amazing what Apoth. Pills do, with a little bit of timing, and a little bit of common sense.

Most you people don't know what the hell it means to grind. Some people like me, who've been playing for long time before JJ events, which were the first generation of Oracle noobs came from, before anni. packs. Yall feel that because yall are high levels yall know everything. Sure some of yall know whats, what and what not but dang near 70% the server seems to be oracle noobs now days that just "know it all" I had a barb last night in TT, try to tell me every single thing I had to do. Sure its a TT2-3 the barbs 9x Im 7x. But I know my class, why do yall feel that since yall are higher yall think yall know it all. People telling me FACs phail. Well crazy enough I got to 2-3 with a group, have 86 cleric with 5K+ hp. She cant handle the healing on the bosses, yet I can.... by myself? Then they tell me because Im a FAC I fail....

You oracle noobs paid your way to the top, but that didn't mean it put you on top. Cause 95% you oracle noobs.... Fail....

Ok let me try to decode this debauchery of the English language....

I agree that there are far to many Whorical n00bs too. I've encountered a ton. And yes they do think they know a lot but then they get PWN'D in PvP. And instead of just admitting they fail they rather use some lame excuse like: "I pressed the wrong button" , "I forgot I was out of sleep,stun etc.." w/e!!

However, I just want you to take a look at your picture. Look at it really well and examine the squad area especially. What level are your squad members? Exactly, that's the only reason you're able to do whatever it is you do.

Now replace them all with 7x's do you honestly think you could handle that boss?
  • iceknave
    iceknave Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

That sounds like a ton of magic being sacrificed.

1 str, 2 vit, 7 mag every 2 levels. It's an offensive build, though less so in comparison to the 1 str, 9 mag offensive build.

At level 50, that's 100 mag traded for vit, while at 100, that's 200 mag traded for vit when compared to the 9 mag, 1 str build.
    Induction ID (Doomsbog): 3080068X031808024008351Z3f4d22
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    iceknave wrote: »
    1 str, 2 vit, 7 mag every 2 levels. It's an offensive build, though less so in comparison to the 1 str, 9 mag offensive build.

At level 50, that's 100 mag traded for vit, while at 100, that's 200 mag traded for vit when compared to the 9 mag, 1 str build.

Yeah it was the way he/she worded it that I hadn't heard of. Still too much magic sacrificed for my tastes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Yes, it is sad. People miss out on all the fun when they skip levels, racing to brag and all. But of course in the end "Slow and steady wins the race".
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Argyle - Dreamweaver
    Argyle - Dreamweaver Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    What's this grinding you speak of?

grind for sake of grind is blah, lol. didn't bother reading most the posts, but caught something about charms, seemed like someone was saying he wasn't as good because he had a charm? to me the failest thing in the game is a barb with no charm, anyone with no charm really, generally causes you to die then others to die.
  • rsin
    rsin Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    What's this grinding you speak of?

grind for sake of grind is blah, lol. didn't bother reading most the posts, but caught something about charms, seemed like someone was saying he wasn't as good because he had a charm? to me the failest thing in the game is a barb with no charm, anyone with no charm really, generally causes you to die then others to die.

lol. Im currently lv78 barb with no charm and no plans of using one. Ive learned to play without and have based my strategies on that. I have yet to fail or allow any of my squad members to die. Maybe if you need a charm then perhaps your doing something wrong, lack strategy or technique to adapt to that style of game play. Learning to play without charms can make you that much better with charms.
  • Shintera - Sanctuary
    Shintera - Sanctuary Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    a lot of clerics pump vit to handle rebirth i think *shrug*

lol not me, my vit is 3 lol. i got alittle over 2k hp at my current level unbuffed when even vit type clerics only have 21-22k on average 3k is highest i've seen and that was 68 vit build with hp sharded gear (i got sharded gear just not top of the line and only a few pieces)

edit: vit is seen in people who actually know what rb every so often that or good shards hp and pdef in their gear. so no disagreance there.
  • ibombjoo
    ibombjoo Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    All I read was "QQQQQQQQQQQQ, mommy and daddy won't let me use their CC so I can't buy anni packs to be OP." Really....just let them oracle, fail at their class and act like they know everything. Let them show their own stupidity.
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    rsin wrote: »
    lol. Im currently lv78 barb with no charm and no plans of using one. Ive learned to play without and have based my strategies on that. I have yet to fail or allow any of my squad members to die. Maybe if you need a charm then perhaps your doing something wrong, lack strategy or technique to adapt to that style of game play. Learning to play without charms can make you that much better with charms.

im going to laugh when u get into higher level instances/TT's/Rebirths/Bosses with this type of attitude
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rsin
    rsin Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    im going to laugh when u get into higher level instances/TT's/Rebirths/Bosses with this type of attitude

lol. I never said that I wouldnt use charms at all. I just said that at my current lv so far I have learned to play without charms. That may change and most likely will at higher lvl's. Ive just seen to many players fail because they depend on charms to much. Especially at lower lvl's when they really arent needed. Ive been fortunate enough to have a good cleric that knows what she is doing. Ive also seen to many bm's who thought they were invincible just because they were charmed. Like I said, if you learn to play without a charm it can make you that much better when you use one.

edit- I wasn't referring to TT, rebirth etc. I was referring to normal quests and fb's from lv1 to my current lv. Charms are not needed therefore answers the post that claimed anyone without a charm is fail that I had originally replied to.
  • vksolocan1
    vksolocan1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    im a lvl 60 cleric and i am willing to give him up already cuz its dam hard for us to servive agenst barbs and bms and yes im a noob but i still try my best im a vit arcane cleric and i still get waisted big time agenst them tanks but i 2 shot archers my lvl and i pkk alot and i come accros many archers with red names lol and there fun to kill but they put up a big fight how the hell can i take down tanks plz tell me
  • Silverhawk - Dreamweaver
    Silverhawk - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Level 60 might be too early to head to pk (Might as well wait till your 75s when you start maxing out your important skills), if you aren't built to be a PK Cleric ( Cleric that has maxed most of the offensive skills such as debuffs and attacks of your skill tree ). but i would say that here are a few comboes i would use against barbs or blademasters.

sleep >> magic defense debuff >> wield thunder >> hurricane >> wield thunder
    Repeat steps 4 & 5 till barb dies and just dont stand there like a sitting duck, kite them around as much as possible.

( Note : If your Magic Defense Debuff is below Lv5 dont even bother using it )

you could try your ultimate move once you have enough chi. Also, you could double spark before a wield thunder. Sadly the only way to defeat melee classes for any magic classes is to kite them. Remember, for every extra step you take away from them, a melee class needs to reach you and attack you, that's more time wasted for them while you could just nuke them away since you got the advantage of range. Hope that helped b:victory

Remember, you are the ONLY class that has the advantage of healing a major amount of your HP, Make full use of it, by probably healing youself thrice before heading to pk/duel or halfway during pk/duel.

PS : I only played a Cleric to Lv 72 so i might not be entirely correct on all that i have stated, just letting you know my way of taking out a barbarian on my cleric which was my first ever toon i made on this game ^^
  • LinZeta - Lost City
    LinZeta - Lost City Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    There are TONS of oracle babies in LC, and I've noticed that 95% of them still don't know how to play their class....so....don't be too discouraged.

I understand some people grabbing oracles to reach 89 for their fairy....or from 89 to 92 for more of their sage/demon skills, but leveling 5+ levels is outrageous I agree. Talk about being cheap...and LAZY.

But w.e...have to make due with the incompetents around you, and then make fun of them later.
    b:laughb:chuckle
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    O noes, oracle noobs in pvp >.>

on a priv server i hear some people just look so clueless, they got all this gear and they can't use their skills right let alone time them.

i guess we'll be seeing more of the same faggotry in the none-fake vershun
  • Argyle - Dreamweaver
    Argyle - Dreamweaver Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    wasn't referring to grinding without charm. unless you're talking about aoe grinding with no charm, if you do that then all you're doing is causing a cleric to use theres or pots.

FC, RB, FB and TT or boss fight, uncharmed barb has to be constant healed, which means when the archer/wizzard grabs aggro they're dead, only a few clerics can switch back and forth fast enough. and barbs that cry about charm ticks are almost equally fail. clerics job is to stop charm tick but above that to keep everyone alive.