Regarding Oracle Noobs n high lvls

Options
Trenith - Heavens Tear
Trenith - Heavens Tear Posts: 124 Arc User
edited October 2009 in General Discussion
Okay for all those who are level 9x+ half yall fail. Seriously, yall tell people that are 7x they can't do things when really they can do damn near same as you. Amazing what Apoth. Pills do, with a little bit of timing, and a little bit of common sense.

Most you people don't know what the hell it means to grind. Some people like me, who've been playing for long time before JJ events, which were the first generation of Oracle noobs came from, before anni. packs. Yall feel that because yall are high levels yall know everything. Sure some of yall know whats, what and what not but dang near 70% the server seems to be oracle noobs now days that just "know it all" I had a barb last night in TT, try to tell me every single thing I had to do. Sure its a TT2-3 the barbs 9x Im 7x. But I know my class, why do yall feel that since yall are higher yall think yall know it all. People telling me FACs phail. Well crazy enough I got to 2-3 with a group, have 86 cleric with 5K+ hp. She cant handle the healing on the bosses, yet I can.... by myself? Then they tell me because Im a FAC I fail....

You oracle noobs paid your way to the top, but that didn't mean it put you on top. Cause 95% you oracle noobs.... Fail....

20090222020026.jpg
Post edited by Trenith - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Xeian - Dreamweaver
    Xeian - Dreamweaver Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    funny, right now I'm at 55 and other than grinding I've only used a few oracles but I'd be glad to use a few dozen more to hit 60. you know why? grinding and questing is tedious, that doesn't mean anyone "fails" just they did it differently than you

on another note. I didn't use ANY charms to get there either. (which as more than I can say about you)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yuufa - Heavens Tear
    Yuufa - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I had a barb last night in TT, try to tell me every single thing I had to do. Sure its a TT2-3 the barbs 9x Im 7x. But I know my class, why do yall feel that since yall are higher yall think yall know it all. People telling me FACs phail. Well crazy enough I got to 2-3 with a group, have 86 cleric with 5K+ hp. She cant handle the healing on the bosses, yet I can.... by myself? Then they tell me because Im a FAC I fail....

Agree there ive had high lvl non clerics telling me what do do step by step too, even though im DOING what they say as they take time to say it? wow.

What cant a FAC cleric heal, afterall mag is still the primary stat, FAC or not mag affects heal.. I dunno your build, but 6k mana *suggests* a decent mag stat. and solo healing where a 8x failed, kudos too you.

respectfully Yuufa
    I have no use for signatures... hypocrisy aside xD
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Heh...
    Guess what? Theres people without refines, 5k hp and full magic that do the job nicely. It is about how you learned your job and how you leveld.

I always had to be the first healer in my faction. So I learned how to heal a squad that shifts agro or runs into aoe, everything. Noone told me :)

And to support the movement for weird builds: Got 3k hp unbuffed, 7.2k mp, am not sharded with citrines, no refines, no TT gears and not using mp charms ;) And im happy with it cause it works for me!

Do whatever build you want, but learn your class and be a good healer b:cute
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • Yuufa - Heavens Tear
    Yuufa - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    f
    on another note. I didn't use ANY charms to get there either. (which as more than I can say about you)

Unlike you he has no minitank, nor infinte mana from soul infuse to keep him going and going and going.
    And whos to say he used charms at lvl 55? thats a lvl 75 pic there, and as your lvl 55 you do not know the life saving benifit from a HP charm when dealing with bosses that almost one hit you with an aoe attack,,, think you have a lot of time to drop the IHB spam in the tank to throw any healing on yourself? not much.
    I have no use for signatures... hypocrisy aside xD
  • Trenith - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Options
    funny, right now I'm at 55 and other than grinding I've only used a few oracles but I'd be glad to use a few dozen more to hit 60. you know why? grinding and questing is tedious, that doesn't mean anyone "fails" just they did it differently than you

Okay your taking this wrong, oracle noobs went from 30-80+ few here and there, thats one thing completely different from what Im reffering to. As far as using charms, Im a cleric ffs. YOUR A VENO. Not to mention still a low one, not much use for a charm in FB29, 39, 51, or 59.... Interesting that you know how I grinded to my level, with/without charms seeing as your on DW...
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I really don't think that the grinding part is the difficult and interesting bit to learn.

Admittedly, it's a nice relatively safe way to stretch your boundaries - where trying the same with a boss is much more likely to send you back to reclaim.

Anyway, I'm slowly poking my way up through the levels the proper way myself.
  • Trenith - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Options
    And for the Record...
    Life
    4 200 000

Physical Attack
    4558 - 13673

Magic Attack <
    Physical AOE
    5469 - 16407

Physical Defence

Magic Defence
    Metal: 2517
    Wood: 2517
    Water: 2517
    Fire: 2517
    Earth: 2517

Thats Belials stats... Let me see you go in uncharmed...
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Sadly its not just oracle noobs, but oracle noobs geared out in lunar gear.
    The game is basically a competition to see who can spend the most money on it. There really isnt any point to playing the game anymore.

RIP pwi.
  • Trenith - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I remember working for 2 days to try and get blessing to tell me how to kill belial, only to get a bunch of hints. Then had to watch countless youtube videos, only to find they all showed out to use the glitch that only worked in PW-MY. So that went out the window. So then I spoke with FrankieRaye on the GMs back in the day, no insight really. But I do believe she popped in during the run, would have to go back into the screenshots and look but I do remember messaging her or kanto... worked 2 days to setup that run, paid for everyones charms and everything. Was dedicated to being one the first non-radiance groups to complete him. To get his mats so we can make the 90 weapon that no one had except blessing. Now, I can reach in my back pocket and buy Warsong... or R8...

Nothing to work for... Only reason Im here now is to play tideborns and keep my self inside for the winter months...
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Options
    yea, and how many venos you see with herc, I don't have one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Trenith - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I typically dont see them get there hercs till 70+ you still got time young weeble, plenty of bonding time left between you and your rock...
  • Miseri - Dreamweaver
    Miseri - Dreamweaver Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Oracle noobs are bad, Like the time i went on a 39 with a freaking lvl 50 archer who
    A had no idea Farren AOEd
    B that when a Venos pet dissappears IT IS NOT DEAD, (also he decided that since the pet died he JUST had to attack farren and get us all killed)

C Ninja friend requested everyone at the start of the the run ( thats not noob only its just annoying)

D Did i mention he pulled farren yeah well he also pulls the mob on the hill after we got rezed and i mean RIGHT after , and gets the cleric killed again.

Needless to say that run ended there, so yes I have a special place in my heart for ppl that dont want to learn the game but just want a shiny avi with a high lvl they can show off to make themselves seem cool. Beware them, they get you killed often..
  • Fliiick - Heavens Tear
    Fliiick - Heavens Tear Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Maybe it's just me but I fail to see the point of this post?

What are you getting at?
    ~Almost original Tao member~
    Former Tao Director

IGN: Fliiick
    Cleric 100
    Currently Radiance
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    OP made me laugh. b:laugh
    b:dirty
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I think there's room for everyone to learn in this game. Luckily, I have a set 5 or 10 ppl that I quest/TT with...everytime we've gone on random invites it's been a disaster/partywipe. Wouldn't make that much of a difference if I wasn't the one trying to keep everyone else alive...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I think there's room for everyone to learn in this game. Luckily, I have a set 5 or 10 ppl that I quest/TT with...everytime we've gone on random invites it's been a disaster/partywipe. Wouldn't make that much of a difference if I wasn't the one trying to keep everyone else alive...

yea, I hate that, same problems with farren people do their own thing, get us all killed... I lasted in a TT1-2 run (only died three times, demontora...) with people I know and trust. (note, I'm talking about this 55, not something higher)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    Inias - Heavens Tear Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    trenith you are totally right experience is way better then lvl especially for some ppl lmao
    i have bee saying the same thing

lately i've been seeing so many 99-100 lvl's and they just popped out of the ground like mushrooms

i never saw them b4

you are totally right altho XD you're picture is kinda funny , according to you're dmg log you already died at least twice :p once he did 10k dmg and second time 9 k XD so or u used a immuninty pot (wich i doubt) or genie skill maybe?

but he still did 10 and 9 k dmg on u :p hehe
    thanks to forsaken for this awesome sig b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Sadly its not just oracle noobs, but oracle noobs geared out in lunar gear.
    The game is basically a competition to see who can spend the most money on it. There really isnt any point to playing the game anymore.

RIP pwi.

this.

10char
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I'm quite the opposite. Oracles? What are those?b:laugh

Leveling fast is bad for everyone, as the current batch of players have proven. I've been here since the beginning when we had to earn our levels. We did our fbs/bosses with people of the same level since the highest levels were US! There were no massive amount of oracles to use, Bounty Hunter did not exist, and no one knew how to do rebirth yet.

We got our levels the hard way and as such, learned our classes very well. I still don't use oracles and prefer to do my fbs the hard way with people of similar level. My barb does do bounty hunter but always with people that also need the quest so it makes it harder and more fun due to lower levels and I'm always the main tank. Even with the much easier exp, I take the time to learn the class I am playing.

Right as I type this I'm on my barb in a BH 39 with 2 clerics and a wizard for the rest of the party. All of us on the same quest. Unlike other players, these guys actually knew their stuff leading me to believe they are alts of high levels that were possibly part of the original group of players.

Most players nowdays got fast levels with BH and oracles and the rest. They got high level but they never actually did anything to get there. This gives you bad players like the examples already given in this topic.b:bye
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Taranta - Dreamweaver
    Taranta - Dreamweaver Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I don't even think its just oracle noobs and that. I know I'm from the group that seems to love the things, but I'd rather have to work for my levels. More importantly, I like to know what the hell I'm doing when I go to do quests.

Case in point: Ran a TT 1-2 last night, since the squad was just going for drops. We had just ran a 1-1, so the squad just stayed together for the 2nd run. We managed fine for the most part, at least until Dimentora (last boss, for those who don't know). Our barb decides to rush, and calls for BB. Never mind the fact that he doesn't wait for the skill to cast or anything. I try to recover aggro by sending my pet in, pulling it off of him to make it so we have a chance. Nope. Barb dies, pet dies, I die, and both clerics die. Only the archer and BM make it out alive, somehow. Then the barb says he's tired, but still wants his drops from one of the bosses. He logs, and we're left in the lurch.

This was a lvl 7x barb, who apparently didn't know anything about pulling, skill channel times, or TT in general. Multiple times I had to stop my pet from taking his aggro with bash, and I only have a lvl 55 pet. Something is wrong here....>.< I have used oracles, but more for the spirit than the exp. Eh, maybe I'm just oldschool. The last mmo I played allowed for players to delevel when they lost exp at 0%.
    I shall dominate the Dreamweaver server through the use of Baked goods...and only baked goods.^^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Venomancers are Female. Barbarians are male. It will forever be this way. So suck it up and deal with it already.
  • Ophelius - Dreamweaver
    Ophelius - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Here's a question: Say one were new to TT at high levels, and haven't tried it out even once, would you give him a chance to learn, or would you begrudge him because he was inexperienced?
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Here's a question: Say one were new to TT at high levels, and haven't tried it out even once, would you give him a chance to learn, or would you begrudge him because he was inexperienced?

If they said they had never done TT before, I'd take them with me and help them learn. Everyone started out new to it at one point. It's unfair not to help other players new to it now.
    Main characters
  • Ophelius - Dreamweaver
    Ophelius - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    If they said they had never done TT before, I'd take them with me and help them learn. Everyone started out new to it at one point. It's unfair not to help other players new to it now.

So new to it and not knowing what you're doing is two different situations? I thought being new would cause the latter, which is when most people tend to get frustrated. b:sad
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

I personally would help him to learn. Why not? :)

As long as people are friendly and actually learn and dont run in kamikaze first its all cool and wouldnt take me from learning them :P

EDIT: I learned TTand FC with friends too who took me in, even when I had never done that before :P
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Options
    So new to it and not knowing what you're doing is two different situations? I thought being new would cause the latter, which is when most people tend to get frustrated. b:sad

There is a difference between being new to a dungeon and not knowing how to play your class.

Example: TT is optional, you don't ever have to go there if you don't want to since you can just buy the gear/mats.

A veno should have learned how to pull by time they do fb 39. If the veno does not know what pulling is, or how to control their pets well by then, they clearly just got pushed through the dungeons and helped by high levels never actually doing anything themselves. That is the problem.
    Main characters
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    there's a huge difference between being new at an instance and not knowing how to play your class.

like you can not know how the instance works, but someone can explain to you where to go, what to watch out for etc. yet someone shouldn't have to explain how you should manage aggro, or when you should cast sharptooth arrow (if you do at all). grr zoe beated me to it b:chuckle
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • malixdark
    malixdark Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I get completely blotted out and ignored at every single 2-3 run, or even tt run in general, I offer to help on. =/ Every single tt squad nowadays seems to be started by some 7x nub and demands 2 9x venos a 9x barb and 2 8x clerics. How skilled you are, running for fun or whatever doesn't come in to it anymore. Despite the fact the veno's could solo a tt themselves for better profit and the barb and clerics could function easily without the 7x nub and would be better dropping them.

I've come to learn in this game everything is about cash. No one pays anyone any attention unless they benefit them in some way.

As an 83bm I could grind and learn my way to any level, master every skill, refine and shard my gear to the max, and I will always be second choice to the oracle nub version of the 3 main "wanteds" (barb/veno/cleric)
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Options
    yea, I hate that, same problems with farren people do their own thing, get us all killed... I lasted in a TT1-2 run (only died three times, demontora...) with people I know and trust. (note, I'm talking about this 55, not something higher)

Most of the peeps I party with (especially my favorite Cleric) I have been questing with since my 4X levels. There's nothing better than knowing what your partner is gonna do before he/she does it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Options

Always time to teach someone something new. Just don't go Leeroy Jenkins and all is well. b:victory

I wouldn't expect a barb new to TT to tank it, nor a cleric new to TT to heal the squad...teach, learn, try again. That's the nature of the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Xnastyx - Lost City
    Xnastyx - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    malixdark wrote: »
    I've come to learn in this game everything is about cash. No one pays anyone any attention unless they benefit them in some way.

As an 83bm I could grind and learn my way to any level, master every skill, refine and shard my gear to the max, and I will always be second choice to the oracle nub version of the 3 main "wanteds" (barb/veno/cleric)

Not entirely true as a bm. You become important at 9X. Make sure u kno how to time ur stun. Learn ur skills.
    And a lvl is meaningless if you dont kno how to play ur class. There'z a ton of lvl 100+ ppl on lost city i have no respect for; and its not in regards to how they got there lvl.Its based off how much they suck as a player. I agree in terms of the gear being able to be bought straight from cs is horrible thou...There's no overlooking that....