Demon vs. Sage Wiz

2»

Comments

• prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited October 2009
    anyone downing dark wellspring has obviously never used it.
  • mazzle
    mazzle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    prof wrote: »
    anyone downing dark wellspring has obviously never used it.

I think the problem is a lot of players think demon and sage wizards pvp same, you cant use ultis as often as a Sage wiz can if you went Demon, that -20% channeling is suppose to stack with gear and you use it with those skills that got channeling reduction that require no chi to use but do very high dmg for ex demon divine pyro and demon glacial snare and w/e skills to lower targets hp after the charm ticks, it wont do as much dmg as ultis do but it gets the job done really fast.

You got the option of dishing out high dmg per second with the increased channeling reduction or just use sutra if you have enough chi, demon is way less dependant on chi compare to sage so dont try using a demon wiz to pvp like a sage.

Ok as for people saying you dont get the chance to use the full 15 seconds because of stuns and interupts, you all already know demon has improved freeze and stun spells, if you manage to ds from a target while while activating wellspring and casting pitfall/hailstorm ( yea i know it's 33%/50% chance to freeze but considering pitfalls 1sec cast and channeling + the dmg it does although its not much, i still think this spell is kinda good) you basically got a extra 3/4 seconds of target not being able to move so you get the chance to more spells at it before he gets close enough to do dmg.

Anyway sorry for the long text, just giving my opinion on demon and sage.
  • natedog97
    natedog97 Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Including natedog.
    Either that or noone but natedog dies. b:shocked
    b:shocked
    lol who lets anyone shoot off TWO ultis without doing anything? xD
    b:chuckle

Still if you do manage to get off two either you have insane -cast gear or you managed to find a very very very~~ nice situation.
    =O

As Ursa stated TW it happens often.

But to please you I guess I could give another sequence.

Sage Ice Dragon
    +
    Seal
    +
    Chi Pot
    +
    Another Ulti

Go ahead and say that sage seal only lasts for 5s and all the ultis take slightly longer than that...

So yes I guess I'm even assuming in this situation that a lvl 92+ Wizard would have at least -10% to channeling...

O yeah also It typically takes stuns 1s or more to be cast so I guess I made up that time there.

I guess if you really wanna be a prick you can argue that the victim has lightning chaser and interrupts your skill.

How silly of me to point out one of the best skills of a Sage Wizard.
  • PrettySammy - Sanctuary
    PrettySammy - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Once again this topic rears its head. I still think it come down to player style and what you value more. It not an easy decision and anyone about to go demon or sage should look at every skill in its entirity. Furthermore consider this.

"How likely am I to get the neccessary book for this skill".

Personally I went Sage, I could have gone Demon but went Sage. Ca't say I regret it. My good mate, and fellow LA wziard TW partner, Weedjedi is Demon wizard.

He got some skills which seem great I got some which seem great.

Some of my Favorite sage skills apart from the basic 3 include

D Pyro - -20% fire res
    Black Ice Dragon - Crits
    Stone Barrier - 120% P Def bonus
    Force of Will - Changes the stun from singular to a ranged 3 meter AOE
    Emberstorm - reduce in damage by 25% to 35% overall for the original 60% HP - Warning the description for this skill is way off. Btw no more charm ticks.

What I would say is read the label carefully, as we have notice (the other wizzies here in the faction) is that the description for both demon and sage seem to be either wrong or misleading.

Either way have fun as a wizzie.

Ps - I use well spring once every 30 mins as a buff alone
    Sage - 100% attack err i`ll spark ty
    Demon - Channeling err Essential sutra

Frankly if you ahve to buy the book then learn the thing, personally i'd keep my money ty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't need no pdef, cos I got ... BOOM HEADSHOT !
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    lol getting two ults off isn't that hard. especially if you can hide behind something. Mountain Seize -> Hailstorm -> BT/Dragon.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • heybigbadj
    heybigbadj Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Another combo I was thinking of was this (pardon me if it's not a doable combo): For melee classes: Sleep, undine strike, sutra, then a few weak attacks to get them near tick, then boom, black ice, then if they survive that, chi pot and then mountain's seize. Any idea if that would pretty much wreck anyone in a one vs one pvp setting? (and of course, throw in a tangling mire and force of will if need be to kite.)
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    heybigbadj wrote: »
    Another combo I was thinking of was this (pardon me if it's not a doable combo): For melee classes: Sleep, undine strike, sutra, then a few weak attacks to get them near tick, then boom, black ice, then if they survive that, chi pot and then mountain's seize. Any idea if that would pretty much wreck anyone in a one vs one pvp setting? (and of course, throw in a tangling mire and force of will if need be to kite.)

that combo would be terrible. the sleep would be useless, they'd wake right up after the undine. Sutra is supposed to be used after their charm is ticked so that you can finish them off. Unless the target really sucks, that sutra would just tick their charm, and they'd stun/sleep/ w/e out of it. You'd then need some way of keeping them from bugging u for black ice... and there are so many ways to get out of that... you need to keep them in place. (they could just holy path away.. stun or sleep or w/e to stop that. what you'd probably want to do would be undine FoW so they can't atk... use a couple poke skills to lower their hp (maybe WotP and pyro or something) and then sleep followed by ur ult. If that doesn't work, you better start running and hope u can build up enough chi to give it another shot.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Wizzical - Dreamweaver
    Wizzical - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Demon is better for a nuker. Period.
    no profanity please, even in Latin
  • CrazyLazy - Dreamweaver
    CrazyLazy - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Does it matter what path you choose? i mean its your choice no right or wrong answer. Just remember demon more offensive sage defensive. Just pick based on that. I went sage because mainly i like to triple spark chi pot sutra and not get hit as hard kinda useful. Base that if you go demon you don't need to sutra after and save a chi pot but r still gonna get hit hard once they see your nice big red flash.
    Have fun go wild no matter which path your gonna rock b:pleased
    Everytime i Post it is my opinion and my view. I do not claim they are perfect its your choice what you do im just stating my opinion from experience. b:pleased
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Does it matter what path you choose? i mean its your choice no right or wrong answer. Just remember demon more offensive sage defensive. Just pick based on that. I went sage because mainly i like to triple spark chi pot sutra and not get hit as hard kinda useful. Base that if you go demon you don't need to sutra after and save a chi pot but r still gonna get hit hard once they see your nice big red flash.
    Have fun go wild no matter which path your gonna rock b:pleased

sage/demon isn't offensive/defensive. It's chi or no chi.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    sage gives you chi, higher damage from masteries, and so on.

demon gives you improved channeling skills to supplement essential sutra, stuns, lower chi cost sometimes, and so on.

the only demon skill that has a chance to lower chi cost is demon BIDS (only 20% chance to save a spark) while sage has half cost distance shrink, 50% chance to cast MS and BT with 1 spark basically, sage gives the wiz skills that allow you to build chi. As a sage mage, instead of building chi and saving it for the perfect moment, its more like.. uhmm wow i have full chi again.. what can i use it on.. oh BIDS looks like fun, then another 30 seconds and u got full chi again and just repeat. Demon is just less dependant on chi. Their skills generally hit a little harder or get off a little faster. They also have much better control skills. It is generally believed that demon is better for world pvp (or 1v1's in such b/c of control skills and faster channeling etc) while sage is better for TW or group pvp (ults are better and are can be used more frequently)
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited October 2009
    a holy mage finally got it? that dark doesn't need vigor to kill?

this forum is finally making progress.

I almost never use sutra, my dooms, or really.. anything vigor required. the only thing I find myself using the most is:

distance shrink for obvious reasons, and I get back all the vigor used in 1 or 2 hits;
    mountain press for the stun(usually after an ea furies, or in large build ups in tw);
    stone barrier when I get debuffed(everytime I have more than self buffs, there's a pretty little purple light attracted to me =/);
    soulingest powder for obvious reasons;
    finally, dark.moistcuring when I get it.

I always sit around with full vigor because I have no use for it. I don't need it.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I use my chi all the time, it makes fights much easier. Sage Distance Shrink is godly. Being able to spam sutra/ults makes me so much more useful to my party members, since group fights are all about taking out dangerous people ASAP. And being able to sutra archers just for the **** of it is fun.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    Silver - Dreamweaver Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    *grins* Demon Vs. Sage Wiz, when it comes down 2 it I pick Sage mainly cuz 1. they produce higher numbers
    2. They get chi way quicker and even if u have chi pots, that skills is still beastly.
    3. Fire/Water debuffs from skills- this gives you a good upper hand when ur Eartheido strike is cooldown.
    4. Critting manchines past lvl 99, Holy BID is the best skill ever...period
    5. Small Aoe Silence- Very useful even though it doesnt seem like it.

Now yes, Demon have higher Phy defense and thats beast. Sure they have some skills that increase chant time and thats beast. Sure they can control a person better and good 1v1 but lets be serious, as a wiz ur not going out alone till ur around 90+, 99+ and even then you are a wiz because you do Damage, not because you can control your opponet, I would rather kill the oppoent and have some cuts/scratches then having "better surviablity" but hey that might just be me, alot of people go dark anyway *dont kno why* but Heaven is the way 2 go.
    Most Ironic phrase in the English language is Common Sense, its easiest concept to understand yet few people ever grasp it.

~Silver