Rising Tide Questions [First round of answers posted!]

Options

Comments

• Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    If the Tideborn do have a mermaid skill, will they be able to transform on land or air?

What aerogear will they use, will they even be capable of flight?

Was the Venus in the painting "The Birth of Venus" the first Tideborn? O.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • MsLeah - Sanctuary
    MsLeah - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Will be so far not released dungeons like City Of Naught and Hall Of Blasphemy released with upcoming expansion ?
    I know City Of Naught map looks pretty much same as Warsong City, but bosses drop totally different stuff than Warsong ones...

Ty in advance b:victory
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I have only one question that has been bugging me for the longest.

Will the squad number increase to 8 people?
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • kanel321
    kanel321 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Perhaps you can answer this one : when will the webpage be updated with the preview video and all the information that is on the Chinese site ??
  • Aria_skye - Lost City
    Aria_skye - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Hello I did have a few questions involving the rising tide expansion.

1) What role will a psychic play as far as within a party? Damage dealer? Healer? Party support?

2) Will the assassin class have abilities that will help to assist with aggro/hate control? (aka helping the tank keep a monster on it instead of the monster deciding to munch on an over achieving wizard for example)

3) Will the assassin be able to help deal with crowd control? (such as trapping a group of monsters to help the party)

4) Are more areas being opened than what has been focused on in the south end of the map?

Edit: 5) Will the psychic have the ability to use the skills of their targets against them?
  • ExELFine - Heavens Tear
    ExELFine - Heavens Tear Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I can imagine the Psychic having greater stuns and seals than the actual Cleric, and being able to walk up to (or behind) mobs and bosses without being detected, and, with the help of an assassin, kill it faster and better while the rest of the squad just grinds it.

Makes sense?

b:shutup
    [SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Crafting:
    Tailor: lev 7
    Blacksmith: lev 6
    Craftsman: lev 6
    Apothicary: lev 5
    SEMI to 7/8 RETIRED, not from PW but from PWI :)
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    could you put a link to every post, or just edit your original post to give info, I don't want to scroll through pages and pages to find a GM response every time :P
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • President - Harshlands
    President - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?

I BEG OF YOU!b:surrender
  • LadyVvall - Sanctuary
    LadyVvall - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    What I want to know is...will there be some sort of event type thing to help lvl the new classes up to catch them up with the rest of the server(s), so that the higher lvls can play with them too?b:surrender...and Spoons...trolling? never. b:chuckle
    I don't like people. The sooner you can accept that, the sooner we can all go on with our insignificant lives.
  • Vortexer - Lost City
    Vortexer - Lost City Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    IDK if this is right or not, but can't you only make 6 characters?
    If so, will we be able to make more after the expansion or have to wait a week to delete one? b:question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    bawksy wrote: »
    Will there be new lands to conquer once the expansion is out?

No, they'll just clump all of the huge tideborn land into one TW-unrelated space.
    Will new armor type/style will be introduced, specific to tideborn.

If all the classes use Heavy, Light, and/or Arcane, why would they need more types? Besides, HA LA and AA already cover both types of defence and the middle middle amount.
    Will the char lvl cap increase.

If it's been an entire year and the highest level is 102, and it takes more xp to go from 104-105 than 1-104, why would they increase the level cap?
    NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?NEW SERVERS?

I BEG OF YOU!b:surrender

None of the servers are remotely close to full capacity. Why would we need another?

I feel sarcastic today :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Luen - Dreamweaver_1345639169
    Luen - Dreamweaver_1345639169 Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    And what'll be the color of the new Qingfu? Yellow?
    Building one...

P.S. for posts: Sorry for my bad english... >.<
  • Arron - Dreamweaver
    Arron - Dreamweaver Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    And what'll be the color of the new Qingfu? Yellow?

most random question lololololol
    "Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Prometheis - Heavens Tear
    Prometheis - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    so, i can assume that the "psychic" is going to be along the lines of a caster (think veno/wizzie hybrid). but, i'm wondering about the assassin. will it resemble a light BM? like, utilizes LA and blades with a nascent for crit, accuracy and speed as opposed to sheer damage such as an axe bm or barb?b:bye
  • JollyJaguar - Sanctuary
    JollyJaguar - Sanctuary Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Im sorry if this is asked already, but I dont got time enough to spit through the whole post, sorry :O

But will there be 8 spots in squad? 1 for every class, just like it is now :]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cyborgtemplar
    cyborgtemplar Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    OK now, first and foremost i didnt read the whole thing so bear with me if anything has been repeated.

1. what will the skill sets be, even a glimpse

2. what type of weapons will they be using, that'll tell me what armor as well

3. well nothing else the 2 previous would also answer all others i have just by some common sence and putting the pieces together. ty for any responses you may place in the future to these or any others placed in this forum (serious questions that is).
  • natedog97
    natedog97 Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    When the expansion is released will there also be a anniversary pack sale in celebration of them coming out?

cause that would be... JUST AWESOME

(sarcasm)
  • Rainesierr - Lost City
    Rainesierr - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    natedog97 wrote: »
    When the expansion is released will there also be a anniversary pack sale in celebration of them coming out?

(sarcasm)

i lol'd.
    in any case my questions have already been asked :/
    please sign here: _______________
  • cyborgtemplar
    cyborgtemplar Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    natedog97 wrote: »

(sarcasm)

sarcasm or not, anni pack should NEVER, EVER, EVER RETURN. gold prices in sanctuary arent going much under 300 anymore because the people selling got greeding during the 400k per time. they should cap it at 200k per 800k for a gold charm is bad enough.

back on topic: thought of another question . . . will the psychic have the ability to deal dmg in phsyical comat using the matk of his weapon rather than patk. that would just be good for a spellworrior type or something. (doubt it though)
  • gilao
    gilao Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    But in the new expansion, go open new servers?????????????b:angry Question for the GM.
  • _tina_ - Lost City
    _tina_ - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    will all tideborn who start this game get 10 million in there inventory ?

cuz with the way the economy is going no new players can accualy play b:chuckle

will the assassins have gilled d*cks? or will it be blurred out ? *rly want to know*
    *imagines wearing a coat and nothing else and flashing lowbies*
    b:chuckle
    yes i am a perv lol b:laugh

will all the tideborn be purple ? or can we change the skin color ?
    ****.****.ins
    Cuz theyll Kick your **** before you spot them
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I kinda hope both assasins and physchics are both male/female. Would be nice to have a transforming race that wasn't gender restrictive o:

I really want to know the exact roles of both. It's a little hard to tell at this stage, even with some of their to-be/maybe-not-be skills leaked. I'm quite worried that psychics may steal the venomancer's role.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    remorhaz wrote: »
    can psychics like, know what Im thinking about right now?b:shocked

yes they know.
    And I know too, and don't believe what your parents say, you won't go blind and yeah, every1 does it.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jhaernyl - Heavens Tear
    Jhaernyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    @ Spoons

Can any definative answers be posted in your opening post plz, so we dont have to wade through pages and pages of "new server NOI" or " whens it out" post

b:thanks
  • Rumble - Harshlands
    Rumble - Harshlands Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    +1 to that. I don't want to have to scroll through 100 pages to find an answer so if you can update the first page as you have with bugs requests that would be great.
  • mazzle
    mazzle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I guess i should of posted my questions here, basically i wanted to know if :

1. Will the new orbs for psychics be available for other caster classes
    2. Will the current classes that exist in game be given new skills or skill upgrades with the upcoming expansion

thanks in advance if/when reply is givenb:bye
  • Noely - Sanctuary
    Noely - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Will the Assassin's have any sort of a cloaking skill? Would make for an interesting PVP class.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    What effect does orbs have on the psychic skills? How does the armor change works? Why is spoons so hot? To answer other questions, the weapons are class specific, psychics have earth skills cause they live under water and earth>water. assassin build is 4 dex 1 str per lvl and psychic is 9 mag 1 str per 2 lvls.
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Sharea - Dreamweaver
    Sharea - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Im really excited about this expansion. Alot of the map is water so this is going to be sweet.
    1) will the TB have armor that is race appropriate? ,that is, matches the theme of the race being a water race. Regular plate armor would look bad.

2) will they use a different weapon? I would think the assaian would use knives or edges. and will the physic be a total mage class or a hybrid?

3) will they have a disadvantage when traveling on land throughout the rest of PW?
    It would be really cool if they could transform underwater. I don't see any reason to transform on land. They are a water race so they should have an advantage in the water and a disadvantage on land. A tail would be awesome.
    I told you I was excited. b:chuckle
    Important things to remember:

1) Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

2) If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.

3) If your going into an fb and the BladeMaster screams "LEROY JENKINS" as he runs into the cave, leave the party. It's only going to get worse from then on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • remorhaz
    remorhaz Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    yes they know.
    And I know too, and don't believe what your parents say, you won't go blind and yeah, every1 does it.

i am relieved btw!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.