Is it true?

Options
Cripple - Lost City
Cripple - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Dawnglory (EU)
So, rumor has it that 4 QQme members (can't say who) got 3 days ban due to botting? I've seen quite a few exQQme back in BloodCult or guildless.

Discuss
Post edited by Cripple - Lost City on

Comments

• Eragon - Harshlands
    Eragon - Harshlands Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I'm in QQme and I doubt anyone got banned... Ill log ion and check anyways though
    aaand nope. Just sounds like a rumour. Our 8x's just grind at fish like 18 hours a day :O
    Wonhalt
  • mprkeller
    mprkeller Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    If the report is true, then this confirms QQme members are heavy botters. If you watch them close enough you can always catch them in the act. From what I know complaints have been sent to the GMs.

They are also a bunch of griefers you can always see then random killing lowbies preventing them doing quests. Sheesh, what can you expect from such a guild anyways? b:surrender
  • Cripple - Lost City
    Cripple - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Lol, I've asked several exQQme members and they all said that some members were on 3 days ban.
  • Ligeia - Harshlands
    Ligeia - Harshlands Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Apparently if you report someone enough, they get banned regardless of whether or not they were actually doing something wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Bakura~
  • Zoroaster - Harshlands
    Zoroaster - Harshlands Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    but if its a bann for botting why its only for 3days ?

i doubt that its for botting.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination. b:laugh
  • Ligeia - Harshlands
    Ligeia - Harshlands Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Botting bans are three days, which is allegedly what they were banned for. I'm pretty sure the GM's were just sick of BatGirl hitting the 'report' button; his alt was hovering above them for several minutes before they were all banned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Bakura~
  • Loltank - Harshlands
    Loltank - Harshlands Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Is it bad that when I saw this thread title I thought of Orange Soda?

"Is it truuuuuueeee? I do, I do, I doo-oo."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aurian - Harshlands
    Aurian - Harshlands Posts: 538 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Botting bans are three days, which is allegedly what they were banned for. I'm pretty sure the GM's were just sick of BatGirl hitting the 'report' button; his alt was hovering above them for several minutes before they were all banned.

Its amazing what pve dudes do when they get ownedb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Anemone - Harshlands
    Anemone - Harshlands Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Is it bad that when I saw this thread title I thought of Orange Soda?

"Is it truuuuuueeee? I do, I do, I doo-oo."

I thought of it toooo. b:surrender

I know of a lot of botters in HL that have not been banned. If that's true, it's a shame they only pay attention when you mass report.
    Formerly /Haiku/ of Lost City.
    Still cognitive atrophy at its finest.
  • ibatgirl
    ibatgirl Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

I Loool this post i dont have an alt hahahahaha
    good to see you think about me b:chuckle
    I got 1 computer and 1 char thats it :P
    Ohh and i never use the report button in my life in the game
  • Aurian - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Options
    ibatgirl wrote: »
    I Loool this post i dont have an alt hahahahaha
    good to see you think about me b:chuckle
    I got 1 computer 1 char and 0.1 brain thats it :P
    Ohh and i never use the report button in my life in the game

I fixed ur post
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jjtc - Sanctuary
    Jjtc - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    sure u have an alt ALMOST EVERYONE has an alt , duh :P
  • Walterthewf - Harshlands
    Walterthewf - Harshlands Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

God damn this post is why the world sucks.

Every thing this EXACT F-UCKING post symbolizes is why the world SUCKS.

Just, I hate you so so so very much you have zero idea to the degree because of this.

I'm done.

This is ****ing stupid.
  • Aurian - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Options
    God damn this post is why the world sucks.

Every thing this EXACT F-UCKING post symbolizes is why i SUCK.

Just, I hate you so so so very much you have zero idea to the degree because of this.

I'm done.

I'am ****ing stupid.

Fixed or post and please don't go emo.. it's a game not rl, i also advice u to get one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aeneas - Harshlands
    Aeneas - Harshlands Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Botting bans are three days

How is it not a perma-ban for botting?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Walterthewf - Harshlands
    Walterthewf - Harshlands Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I'm an idiot because I can't leave with you, Aurian, thinking I am mad because someone botted to a high level.

I do not give a **** about that.

K.
  • Aurian - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I'm an idiot because I can't leave with you, Aurian, thinking I am mad because someone botted to a high level.

I do not give a **** about that.

K.

Looks like it but ok..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sheo - Harshlands
    Sheo - Harshlands Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Is not fair for all players who play this game... some days banned for botting just because you are a cash user? Anw now his lvl is explained... QQme nice done you show the server what you are made off.
    Nova_ : Rofl. I was talking in guildchat feeding peoples ego and getting everyone hyped up, mainly to dilute some of the bad taste from constant crimson PKing all day.
  • Allure - Harshlands
    Allure - Harshlands Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Is not fair for all players who play this game... some days banned for botting just because you are a cash user? Anw now his lvl is explained... QQme nice done you show the server what you are made off.

Three days is the go-to ban length for almost any offense you can think of. If it's the first time you've been caught for botting, luring bosses, swearing, jumphacking, zoomhacking, multiclienting, account sharing, etc .... it's only three days. The bans get longer the more times you're caught. It's the same for every player, regardless of money spent.

Pretty much the only thing you can get permabanned for on the first time is crashing all the servers and hacking all of PWi's RL bank accounts. Srsly.

Crimson has high 8x too, Sheo, don't forget. Nei? Cold? Khaos? Only reason they aren't 89 too is because they don't have control over fish.
  • Aedus - Harshlands
    Aedus - Harshlands Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Three days is the go-to ban length for almost any offense you can think of. If it's the first time you've been caught for botting, luring bosses, swearing, jumphacking, zoomhacking, multiclienting, account sharing, etc .... it's only three days. The bans get longer the more times you're caught. It's the same for every player, regardless of money spent.

Pretty much the only thing you can get permabanned for on the first time is crashing all the servers and hacking all of PWi's RL bank accounts. Srsly.

Crimson has high 8x too, Sheo, don't forget. Nei? Cold? Khaos? Only reason they aren't 89 too is because they don't have control over fish.

Oh I guess I should tell Nei to go back to 88, because if he doesn't go to fish he isn't allowed to be 89. Brb.
  • Allure - Harshlands
    Allure - Harshlands Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Oh I guess I should tell Nei to go back to 88, because if he doesn't go to fish he isn't allowed to be 89. Brb.

I don't think I ever said that. What I was saying was that, if Crimson went to fish as much as QQme does, Khaos and Cold would be 89 too. Then Sheo couldn't QQ about all the 89+ using bots to get their levels.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    It's ok I reported Nei enough. I guess I didn't qq hard enough though as they are still leveling without being at their computer.
  • Eragon - Harshlands
    Eragon - Harshlands Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    This actually pisses me off, from what i've gathered, they got banned for "botting" when they have NEVER botted, and I'm being serious. I go to fish to hangh out with em sometimes, I always end up getting killed by my own guildied for laughs, but no, they dont bot, they just hold their grind spot, and grind for 18 hours or so a day. So **** off.
    Wonhalt
  • Sheo - Harshlands
    Sheo - Harshlands Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    ... and course GMs ban them for play too much.... (or bot b:laugh )
    Nova_ : Rofl. I was talking in guildchat feeding peoples ego and getting everyone hyped up, mainly to dilute some of the bad taste from constant crimson PKing all day.
  • Apollo - Harshlands
    Apollo - Harshlands Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Crimson has high 8x too, Sheo, don't forget. Nei? Cold? Khaos? Only reason they aren't 89 too is because they don't bot.

I fixed it for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Requeil - Harshlands
    Requeil - Harshlands Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    It was annouced in World Chat, so I bet it's true.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Free - Harshlands
    Free - Harshlands Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Finally they got banned, too bad that funlolz is still there. And also too bad its only 3(or 5?) days... this encourages botters.. its too soft.
  • Ultimate - Harshlands
    Ultimate - Harshlands Posts: 649 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    umm... i usually say that whoever get banned actually did something. With exception of few cases when i have seen GM ban be mistaken like the other day that they banned like 20+ people for something like "you are playing from a proxy" even to US players. They unbanned these people within a reasonably time.

In the other hand, for my understanding that group usually kills people that approach the spot and if they were all botting, why just a few of them banned and not all. They have similar levels. Or why do GMs always wait until like TW times to ban ppl. If they were botting the last weeks they could have been banned long ago as well.

Either way there is something more involved on this that we don't have knowledge of.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Megalomania - Harshlands
    Megalomania - Harshlands Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    3-5 day ban seems fine to me since thats the amount of grinding time they made out of botting anyways, so they dont profit from this in any way. Plus no income for 5 days b:chuckle

And for people who are all "ohh noez where do botzes cem frem?"

google.com? stop acting stupid.

Hacking should be perm tho. But they weren't doing that so that's another story.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I guess replying when GM's pm you isn't enough to prove you aren't botting. When the GM's started teleporting people around the sea I'm sure the 'WTFs' people were saying in white chat also mean botting.