RIP Sanctuary PKing.

superawesomefunslide
superawesomefunslide Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Twilight Temple (West)
September 2008

Very few were 30 and even less had the balls to turn PK on. This was a dead month while everyone was levelling up and trying to get on the future ranking boards (which weren't up at this time).

December 2008

This month was the best PK month EVER. We had lots of PKers. No cash shop whores and epic PK battles which didn't end up turning into a cold war. (when a faction calls in their members, other one calls in more, etc etc all in safe until one faction leaves). Squishy **** clerics who were pure magic could survive a very very long time since they learnt how to use plume shell, healing and sleep effectively. Wizards learnt how to kite (ayano-chan is a very pro kiter (which isn't NOOB if someone kites, it's a strategy since arcane/light cant tank much like you fat **** heavy armour barbs who just spam skills) and managed to survive a hell of a lot while dealing epic damage) BMs learnt how to stun-lock (mainly from MY server verterans and PS_GG) and archers learnt how to use their range, stun and kite. It was a great time and it was fun to learn tricks from other people on how to use skill in PK. Gear was useless since everyone was up to TT60 and 70 level.

January 2009

This is the Sarendena era. Sarendena was the servers biggest cash shop ***** who got all his gear up to +7 and weapon to +11 and killed everyone in sight. Yeah that didn't matter as much since he wasn't everywhere 24/7 and the rest of us could still have our fun battles.

April 2009

Nefarious and Legendary started getting epic gear with their 24/7 TT runs and cash shop whores joining every second and charging 1 grand to their credit cards every week. This wasn't too bad since not everyone had epic gear and even with a gang anyone could be killed.

August 2009

Nefarious people are impossible to kill. Period. They have spent so much money on the game combined and done so many TT runs to get everyone epic **** gear it has become insane.

October 2009

PK is officially dead. Nefarious trolls every PK ground and when they see one little white name they call their entire guild. Same goes with regicide. The strongest factions, instead of fighting to show who's stronger, have tea parties outside safe (poking each other with a spell every now and then to test damage and lol about it).

Bottom line.

PKing has died. No skill involved any more. It is completely whoever has the best gear wins. Barbs just chuck an armageddon with their incredibly high HP which their guild and themself got and kill everything in one hit. BMs have become diet barbs where any BM buffed who has under 10k HP is a minority and gets made fun of. I haven't seen one decent stun locker BM who still plays and PKs other than TheDan, Kyentezz and some other I forgot the name of. Clerics sit there and spam plume shot on arcane robes and wield thunder/cyclone on heavy. 90% of todays PKers turned PK on at level 90 when they got all their good gear since they're so scared of dying and learning to PK with skill.

I am quitting this server and going to start on a pvp server when the new classes come out. This wasn't intended to be a flame thread but probably will turn into one. Don't really care less since this is my opinion. Many will disagree with what I have to say and many will agree. For those who don't PK. Please don't even bother replying with your ****. Thanks for reading.
Post edited by superawesomefunslide on

Comments

• MiStAiSa - Sanctuary
    MiStAiSa - Sanctuary Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    theres still some good pk fests with nef,leg and reg outside of west archo gate sometimes.. and if there isnt anyone to pk, why not have a tea party b:cute
    it hasnt officially died anyways.. oh yah i agree, bad BMs are bad..
  • natedog97
    natedog97 Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=465242

That will be the problem you will run into now on other servers.

But I do agree with you. I was one of the Pkers during the december months and man was that a good time!!

Come start cash/genie venos like i am on harshlands! they say the server is dead but it is actually quite a nice place still (lots a QQers but they are fun to laugh at).
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    There are now cashshoppers everywhere, people that spent more than 1 mil just to be good. Pk isnt good anymore I agree, its now gank power/end game gear.
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    lets all just lvl something to 60 and pk at those lvls near the swamps >.<

none of that fancy gear stuff
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    October 2009[/U][/B]

PK is officially dead. Nefarious trolls every PK ground and when they see one little white name they call their entire guild. Same goes with regicide. The strongest factions, instead of fighting to show who's stronger, have tea parties outside safe (poking each other with a spell every now and then to test damage and lol about it).

Bottom line.

PKing has died. No skill involved any more. It is completely whoever has the best gear wins. Barbs just chuck an armageddon with their incredibly high HP which their guild and themself got and kill everything in one hit. BMs have become diet barbs where any BM buffed who has under 10k HP is a minority and gets made fun of. I haven't seen one decent stun locker BM who still plays and PKs other than TheDan, Kyentezz and some other I forgot the name of. Clerics sit there and spam plume shot on arcane robes and wield thunder/cyclone on heavy. 90% of todays PKers turned PK on at level 90 when they got all their good gear since they're so scared of dying and learning to PK with skill.

I am quitting this server and going to start on a pvp server when the new classes come out. This wasn't intended to be a flame thread but probably will turn into one. Don't really care less since this is my opinion. Many will disagree with what I have to say and many will agree. For those who don't PK. Please don't even bother replying with your ****. Thanks for reading.

Reg doesn't ever have tea parties with Nef lul xD The tea is just used to clean up the dead bodies we leave behind. That's a party. b:sin
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    idk... i logged on the other day, saw the pk-ing...and it was pretty damn lame. It's basically groups of people running from one site to the other frantically, to kill 1 to 2 people. yawn...
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    kind funny post coming from a *cough* carebear server =P

Guess you did start on the wrong server for you. GL on the PvP server.

April 2009

Nefarious and Legendary started getting epic gear with their 24/7 TT runs and cash shop whores joining every second and charging 1 grand to their credit cards every week. This wasn't too bad since not everyone had epic gear and even with a gang anyone could be killed.
    Altho i think this one is only half true. Epic gear if you have your clique with you. I know several pple from our fac currently in nef/leg who QQed about not being able to get gear fast enough from TT even tho we ran at a decent rate for them free. They are like lv9x atm and they are still wearing the gear WE got for them lol.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    kind funny post coming from a *cough* carebear server =P

Guess you did start on the wrong server for you. GL on the PvP server.

Too bad it is about the same on the PvP servers now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    reds wat are u doin posting >.>

ur supposed to be thinkin of the question u wanted to ask me XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    Raydoit - Sanctuary Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I am probably the most active pker that isn't in one of the land owning factions and from my daily pk experiences I would have to say most pkers are in the big 3 factions but there is a hell of a lot of random people that are in pk mode. I probably get to participate in most of the pk fests and usually team up with nef or Leg to take out regi. Sometimes there will be a squad in sp that are in dreaming or outlaw and squads usually form up to fight them. Anyway pk in sanctuary is still very fun and active and anyone 70+ can make a splash in it IMO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See its black and white now. It means I quit! How poetic and stuff.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    reds wat are u doin posting >.>

ur supposed to be thinkin of the question u wanted to ask me XD

Eh....kinda null in void now that I am hardly playing.

I am logged in and if ppl need me they message me on msn since I am tabbed out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    :( i dont like MS Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    :( i dont like MS Q_Q

b:surrenderb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• riddiculus
    riddiculus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    September 2008

I am quitting this server and going to start on a pvp server when the new classes come out. .

who sed a new pvp server is gnna come out?... they might just add the class and keep 5 server running
    edited October 2009
    riddiculus wrote: »
    who sed a new pvp server is gnna come out?... they might just add the class and keep 5 server running
    He didnt say hes gonna start on a NEW pvp server :P just A pvp server
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Rozas - Sanctuary
    Rozas - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    pk is still pretty fun atm but not as much as it was before but dunno i still enjoy it b:cute
  • Thelancelot - Sanctuary
    Thelancelot - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    me and rozas had many hot dates in the past ;D he always pay the bill with like 20 of his GAs the squishy cleric that everyone goes for xD

buh yes pk is boring now caus i can't kill anyone with my nub gear =D
    edited October 2009
    me and rozas had many hot dates in the past ;D he always pay the bill with like 20 of his GAs the squishy cleric that everyone goes for xD

buh yes pk is boring now caus i can't kill anyone with my nub gear =D
    U iZ squeeShYb:chuckle
  • superawesomefunslide
    superawesomefunslide Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Thanks for all your input.

Ray, I did mention that people still PK who aren't in the big factions but how long do you get before the patrols see you there and call in their entire faction? 10-15 minutes? Not fun. I remember when PK wars lasted up to like 3 hours even more with over 30 people inside and outside SP and there were pretty much no nixes. Was a great time.

Deceptistar I said that not everyone had epic gear at that time, they just started to get epic gear, thanks for backing me up =p

Rozas you are in Regicide. You have no input >.> *backhands*
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Ray, I did mention that people still PK who aren't in the big factions but how long do you get before the patrols see you there and call in their entire faction? 10-15 minutes? Not fun. I remember when PK wars lasted up to like 3 hours even more with over 30 people inside and outside SP and there were pretty much no nixes. Was a great time.

Actually playing against the odds is more my style. If I have a decent squad I almost want them to call Wizz and the rest of their Guildies. Skill and great Group communication can pwn numbers. By group communication I mean everyone needs to be able to assume what their mates are going to do in a split second so we can stun lock, amp, debuff, freeze, ect. with perfect timing.

Of course I am a very passionate pker and will try against the odds even though I fail 90% of the time when I am by myself. I QQ big time no matter how hard I try to contain myself then I will go back for more. Anyway I have been experiencing 30min - 2 hour fests and usually it doesn't get boring until we beat them and they camp SZ or when i can't find squad and I camp SZ (or run into them by myself and try to kill a robe).

As for the people in smaller factions try to group up with the big faction of your choice and make friends with them. Then you might actually have a pleasant pk experience filled with ADRENALIN RUSHES AND TRASH TALKING >=O!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Paigrande - Harshlands
    Paigrande - Harshlands Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    September 2008

Very few were 30 and even less had the balls to turn PK on. This was a dead month while everyone was levelling up and trying to get on the future ranking boards (which weren't up at this time).

December 2008

This month was the best PK month EVER. We had lots of PKers. No cash shop whores and epic PK battles which didn't end up turning into a cold war. (when a faction calls in their members, other one calls in more, etc etc all in safe until one faction leaves). Squishy **** clerics who were pure magic could survive a very very long time since they learnt how to use plume shell, healing and sleep effectively. Wizards learnt how to kite (ayano-chan is a very pro kiter (which isn't NOOB if someone kites, it's a strategy since arcane/light cant tank much like you fat **** heavy armour barbs who just spam skills) and managed to survive a hell of a lot while dealing epic damage) BMs learnt how to stun-lock (mainly from MY server verterans and PS_GG) and archers learnt how to use their range, stun and kite. It was a great time and it was fun to learn tricks from other people on how to use skill in PK. Gear was useless since everyone was up to TT60 and 70 level.

January 2009

This is the Sarendena era. Sarendena was the servers biggest cash shop ***** who got all his gear up to +7 and weapon to +11 and killed everyone in sight. Yeah that didn't matter as much since he wasn't everywhere 24/7 and the rest of us could still have our fun battles.

April 2009

August 2009

Nefarious people are impossible to kill. Period. They have spent so much money on the game combined and done so many TT runs to get everyone epic **** gear it has become insane.

October 2009

Bottom line.

September 2008- January 2009

This time the gold prices were low nd especially the charms at those times were around 450k...

After one or 2 months...

Pking became expensive, no... very expensive for non cash shop players since they would b destroyed by players with charm or they would drop alot of mats cuz dolls r not cheap either (especially squishy classes).

Present

Pvp is still alive in Harhslands (always end up fighting outnumbered cuz im not in one of the 2 carebears powerhouses), but still ppl dont pvp like they used to cuz of prices of everything in general. Although if u want to change to a pvp server come to Harshlands, best server imo for ppl that are coming from pve servers since the rpkers there are not in a very big number comparing to LC & HL is not lost TW-wise unlike LCb:victory

P.S. If any of you people from Sanctuary that likes pvp wish to try out HL you are welcome, pvp servers are better suited for pkers:p
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • Saveless - Harshlands
    Saveless - Harshlands Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Pvp is still alive in Harhslands (always end up fighting outnumbered cuz im not in one of the 2 carebears powerhouses), but still ppl dont pvp like they used to cuz of prices of everything in general. Although if u want to change to a pvp server come to Harshlands, best server imo for ppl that are coming from pve servers since the rpkers there are not in a very big number comparing to LC & HL is not lost TW-wise unlike LCb:victory

P.S. If any of you people from Sanctuary that likes pvp wish to try out HL you are welcome, pvp servers are better suited for pkers:p

You really advising people to move from Sanctuary to Harshlands? You're dumber than I thought.
  • Paigrande - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    You really advising people to move from Sanctuary to Harshlands? You're dumber than I thought.

hmm its normal for ignorant ppl like u to call other ppl dumb, stupid, etc But I want to remind you that you are not smarter then I thought either :p
    (\__/)
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    hmm its normal for ignorant ppl like u to call other ppl dumb, stupid, etc But I want to remind you that you are not smarter then I thought either :p

you sir are an idiot
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Paigrande - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    you sir are an idiot

My signature says it all.
    (\__/)
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    My signature says it all.

Honestly your sig doesn't make much sense when I think about it.

So yeah still an idiot >>

I'm sure your server will be more populated when everyone decides to role the new classes there so have fun with that b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    unless they implement arena with some good REWARDS pvp will always suck.
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • natedog97
    edited October 2009
    Honestly your sig doesn't make much sense when I think about it.

So yeah still an idiot >>

I'm sure your server will be more populated when everyone decides to role the new classes there so have fun with that b:bye

That siggy makes lots of sense.....

Anyways....

I would have to agree that PvP will always suck unless Arena gets opened. There are a ton of QQers and high lvl noobs now.

However, if you do want a chance to PvP on a larger scale go to one of the two PvP servers.

That also would apply to Harshlands (in response to your "attack" saveless)
  • Saveless - Harshlands
    Saveless - Harshlands Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    natedog97 wrote: »
    However, if you do want a chance to PvP on a larger scale go to one of the two PvP servers.

That also would apply to Harshlands (in response to your "attack" saveless)

You obviously don't read LC/HL forum sections. It'd be a waste of anyones time to re-roll server.
  • natedog97
    edited October 2009
    You obviously don't read LC/HL forum sections. It'd be a waste of anyones time to re-roll server.

Actually I read the HL forums quite regularly. What do I find? People QQing about getting pked in different areas and people saying how the server is dead.

Then I look at any other forum section and find another post talking about how PWI as a whole is dead... honestly it is not dead at all.

This thread is about how pking in sanctuary sucks... Soo if you want to pk more go to a PvP server where EVERYONE 30+ is white named and you can pk anyone you desire. Pk can be ganking when people are grinding or organized squad v squad. Either way coming from a PvE server to a PvP server you note right away how much more and better the PKing actually is.