edited October 2009 in Cleric
Which combo is the most effective when you fight with these classes?b:surrender
Post edited by Elomir - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Which combo is the most effective when you fight with these classes?b:surrender

If they're charmed, just kite them to 60% health, then sleep, elemental seal, extreme poison, tempest.

If uncharmed, just kite them to death.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Pretty much that. And always be ready to pull up plume shell, and have appo stuff ready.
    b:dirty
  • Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Find two dozen wizards to help you. b:chuckleb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • tebo
    tebo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    a cleric kill a charmed barb? Bull rox
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    b:surrender I still haven't found a way yet..... Though I finally found a way to kill wiz without dying first b:chuckle Managed to win a few duels with cousin al b:laugh
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • natedog97
    natedog97 Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    tebo wrote: »
    a cleric kill a charmed barb? Bull rox

Not as hard as you think.

Nukesrus has the right idea.

I have seen normal hits of tempest on a lvl 92 barb from a lvl 87 cleric go for around 13k... That is enough to kill a barb if you have his hp aready down to as close to 50% as possible.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    natedog97 wrote: »
    Not as hard as you think.

Nukesrus has the right idea.

I have seen normal hits of tempest on a lvl 92 barb from a lvl 87 cleric go for around 13k... That is enough to kill a barb if you have his hp aready down to as close to 50% as possible.

True...if they have a charm...TICK THE CHARM ---> then you have 9 sec of charm recovery to take down b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    Lenyel - Harshlands Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    b:surrender I still haven't found a way yet..... Though I finally found a way to kill wiz without dying first b:chuckle Managed to win a few duels with cousin al b:laugh

Lmao, at your level wind over wizzies in duels is simpler than drink a glass of water...b:surrender sleep, spark, plume shot (razor feathers if you have it lvld), 2shot. Don't even need dimensional seal or extreme poison.

On barbs, if the question was in DUELS... LoL it's not difficult, as ppl say, kite, cyclone and silent seal if they occasionally come too close. When they spark, sleep, and common combo, elemental seal, extreme poison + spark/wield thunder or tempest. Another interesting way is to have 3 chi bars full, sleep (-20chi), heal self (to have 3 bars full again), single spark eruption, elemental seal/extreme poison, tempest (this is a lot more tricky and the damage boost is not so huge; i generally prefer spark/wield thunder cause permits me to inflict a huge cyclone after wield thunder).

With uncharmed barbs out of duels the matter is completely different...
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Find two dozen wizards to help you. b:chuckleb:chuckle
    One is quite enough b:laugh
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsLzf9yKptQ
    Quit.
  • Sir_Martin - Lost City
    Sir_Martin - Lost City Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    >.> why is everyone saying to use tempest....

you should sleep him, Elemental Seal, Extreme Poison, Double Spark, then Wield Thunder if thats doesnt kill him use great cyclone
    [SIGPIC]8x Epic Cleric =P[/SIGPIC]
  • whatsanding
    whatsanding Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    how about killing the barb or BM before getting the spell sleep? n e suggestions for that?
    kiting around using cyclone?
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

you should sleep him, Elemental Seal, Extreme Poison, Double Spark, then Wield Thunder if thats doesnt kill him use great cyclone

Yeah that wont kill a barb....next
    b:dirty
  • Kott - Sanctuary
    Kott - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    If they're charmed, just kite them to 60% health, then sleep, elemental seal, extreme poison, tempest.

I wouldnt advice that order of... When you use poison it breaks the sleeping spell... it's better to use it before you're gona go chromatic or after you atked, since tempest cast is pretty long, by that time the opponent if it's a barb can easily invoke or etc.
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    Options

You can 1shot a barb? What a failed barb you fought? xD
  • Kott - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Anyway.. if it's a duel killing a barb won't be that hard o.o since their charm doesn't work, unless they are cheating with pots or genie skills <_<

If it's pvp... b:surrender go marry a +100 wizy b:kiss
  • MurderPriest - Harshlands
    MurderPriest - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I wouldnt advice that order of... When you use poison it breaks the sleeping spell... it's better to use it before you're gona go chromatic or after you atked, since tempest cast is pretty long, by that time the opponent if it's a barb can easily invoke or etc.

This is NukesRUs.

I didn't know poison broke sleep, that helps a lot. I usually cast poison while I'm channeling though, so the point still remains.

So it'd be more like:

Sleep > Elemental Seal > Start Channeling tempest > poison > deliver tempest.

All of this while they're at 55-60 % health.

The reason you don't double spark wield thunder is that it doesn't have as much "oompf" as tempest as far as spike damage. If you miss the one shot from 60%, their charm ticks and you get to start kiting again. Or dying. Your choice.

EDIT: Does anyone know if Elemental Weakness(the genie skill) stacks with elemental seal?
  • Kott - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    This is NukesRUs.

I didn't know poison broke sleep, that helps a lot. I usually cast poison while I'm channeling though, so the point still remains.

So it'd be more like:

Sleep > Elemental Seal > Start Channeling tempest > poison > deliver tempest.

All of this while they're at 55-60 % health.

The reason you don't double spark wield thunder is that it doesn't have as much "oompf" as tempest as far as spike damage. If you miss the one shot from 60%, their charm ticks and you get to start kiting again. Or dying. Your choice.

EDIT: Does anyone know if Elemental Weakness(the genie skill) stacks with elemental seal?

I say still a bad idea.... it takes secs to activate a dmg reduction charm or genie skill...

I've doen that mistake many times, used poison before or during cast.
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I say still a bad idea.... it takes secs to activate a dmg reduction charm or genie skill...

That's also a good point.

I'll need to start pumping dex on my genie then, so poison will have a long enough duration.
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    Options

rofl, you can cast one thousand poisons and sleep will not break, roflmaob:surrender
  • Kott - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    rofl, you can cast one thousand poisons and sleep will not break, roflmaob:surrender

o.o have u ever tried?

I tried both on other players & just mobs I slept, right after I poison chrom breaks, I doubt it's some very very sick coincidence
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    Options
    o.o have u ever tried?

I tried both on other players & just mobs I slept, right after I poison chrom breaks, I doubt it's some very very sick coincidence

I do it about... 20 times a day, over 50 when i pvp alot... 100% sure, poison doesnt break sleep in anyway, exactly like elemental/dimensional seals and prolly like all kind of debuffs.
  • Ganiju - Heavens Tear
    Ganiju - Heavens Tear Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    dealing with clerics and PvPing a bm it would be best if you got the drop on them because their cloud sprint at its max makes them immune to movement debuffs, sleep and stuns. if they use it before you sleep them then it would be best for you to fly up and kite until it wears off then you can sleep or freeze them then you can do a combination of moves. personally use mag debuff (and phy debuff if in a party.) and use your mag attacks. the easiest sign to know if they have used it is when they use the run, along with the streaks there is also little glowing spots that appear. the regular cloud sprint doesn't have the lil spots. also when you do all of the debuffing or freezing don't forget to purify yourself. so if its a tough opponent you won't be weakend by the side effect debuffs on yourself and easier to take down.

this is if you don't count on the genie or you haven't spent the time to get one
    probably one of the smartest in perfect world
    yet the lowest of level
    edited October 2009
    Options
    dealing with clerics and PvPing a bm it would be best if you got the drop on them because their cloud sprint at its max makes them immune to movement debuffs, sleep and stuns. if they use it before you sleep them then it would be best for you to fly up and kite until it wears off then you can sleep or freeze them then you can do a combination of moves. personally use mag debuff (and phy debuff if in a party.) and use your mag attacks. the easiest sign to know if they have used it is when they use the run, along with the streaks there is also little glowing spots that appear. the regular cloud sprint doesn't have the lil spots. also when you do all of the debuffing or freezing don't forget to purify yourself. so if its a tough opponent you won't be weakend by the side effect debuffs on yourself and easier to take down.

this is if you don't count on the genie or you haven't spent the time to get one

When I see them pop sprint, I just plume shell and spam IH. Then, it's back to kiting and such.
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Lmao, at your level wind over wizzies in duels is simpler than drink a glass of water...b:surrender sleep, spark, plume shot (razor feathers if you have it lvld), 2shot. Don't even need dimensional seal or extreme poison.

On barbs, if the question was in DUELS... LoL it's not difficult, as ppl say, kite, cyclone and silent seal if they occasionally come too close. When they spark, sleep, and common combo, elemental seal, extreme poison + spark/wield thunder or tempest. Another interesting way is to have 3 chi bars full, sleep (-20chi), heal self (to have 3 bars full again), single spark eruption, elemental seal/extreme poison, tempest (this is a lot more tricky and the damage boost is not so huge; i generally prefer spark/wield thunder cause permits me to inflict a huge cyclone after wield thunder).

With uncharmed barbs out of duels the matter is completely different...

b:sweat holy cow... i think i just learned something from that..
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I do it about... 20 times a day, over 50 when i pvp alot... 100% sure, poison doesnt break sleep in anyway, exactly like elemental/dimensional seals and prolly like all kind of debuffs.

I also second this Lenyel, extreme poison doesn't break sleep. Im pretty sure ANY skill that deals no dmg (elemental/dimensional seals, veno amp and extreme poison) doesn't break sleep.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • Ganiju - Heavens Tear
    Ganiju - Heavens Tear Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    When I see them pop sprint, I just plume shell and spam IH. Then, it's back to kiting and such.

or spam stream of rejuvenation lol
    probably one of the smartest in perfect world
    yet the lowest of level
  • Fliiick - Heavens Tear
    Fliiick - Heavens Tear Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    The best way I've found to kill a barb or BM (barbs are harder), is obviously keep yourself alive with IB, Stream of Rejuv, plume shell and cyclone (lowers their movement speed) . Do what you can to make the charm tick (using thunderball included - it does actually help) then as soon as the charm ticks:
    sleep > elemental seal > extreme poison > 2 or 3 spark > cyclone > wield thunder > cyclone. This SHOULD kill them, if in the unlikely chance it doesn't, try again.

The main point to take into account is that ticking their charm is crucial. Once it has ticked or about to, get ready to lay on as much damage as you can in 10 seconds.

Edit: sleep is only broken by spells that deal damage, meaning extreme poison, amp, seals, etc etc don't break the sleep
    ~Almost original Tao member~
    Former Tao Director

IGN: Fliiick
    Cleric 100
    Currently Radiance
  • oversea
    oversea Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    BM ... doable
    Barb ... b:tired --> b:bye
  • Dark_Fate - Harshlands
    Dark_Fate - Harshlands Posts: 968 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    its easy to kill a bm... but not a barb... use damage on time.. thunderball... this skill is awesome when u learn who to use it... btw use cyclone to kite...
    only use mag attacks.. wield thunder can only be used at max range and always followed with cyclone orchromaatic
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    Options
    its easy to kill a bm... but not a barb... use damage on time.. thunderball... this skill is awesome when u learn who to use it... btw use cyclone to kite...
    only use mag attacks.. wield thunder can only be used at max range and always followed with cyclone orchromaatic

I have never thought to thunderball as useful skill in this way. I think i'm gonna lvl it o.o'
    or spam stream of rejuvenation lol

rofl?