How To Kill A Barb or a Bm

2»

Comments

• Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Beating BM's is more down to timing the heiro tick rather than any particular combo I feel.

If I remember correctly (sorry been a long while since i've played b:surrender) I would normally try to kite the BM down to ~60% HP- sleep, debuff, cyclone (heiro tick), *spark*, Then take them down.

I prefer this to the tick heiro first- then sleep/debuff spark method which I think can fail frequently because sometimes you cant kill then inside the heiro cooldown time and you're back to the lengthy wait for chi until you're ready again (along side the numerous pots and charm you will have wasted).

The downside to my method is that by waking them up to tick their heiro they will try to close you down (if you've been kiting) and be on you by the time you're attacking after spark. They're obviously going to try to stun you so either time your fortify genie skill or use immunity pot.

In fact I actually prefer them trying to come in and stunning me (which they wont be able to do) because quite a few times if you sleep and then spark-they'll know whats coming and by the 2nd/3rd hit they will have moved out of attack range and you've wasted your spark. Compared to the sleep/cyclone/spark combo, hopefully they'll be trying to stun at the point your first few attacks have hit- and from than range they cant escape. b:angry

Barbs of a similar level- I would normally kite first to check if they have a heiro. If they have one just keep kiting them indefinitely and burn their heiro-trying to kill them can be pointless. A few minutes of heiro burn is more costly than a guardian angel too. b:cute

Dont forget to switch to full Heavy if you're a battle cleric build as well! ^_^
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • alyciana
    alyciana Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Ok, just one question. This my first mmorpg, but isn't kiting just running away? How can u kite someone down to 60%? Not sure what u mean by this. o.o
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    meh, forget 'bout kiting

best way to kill barb is to make him tank krimson (or similar boss) and not purify him b:victory
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Alerean - Heavens Tear
    Alerean - Heavens Tear Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    alyciana wrote: »
    Ok, just one question. This my first mmorpg, but isn't kiting just running away? How can u kite someone down to 60%? Not sure what u mean by this. o.o

Kiting is when you attack and run, attack and run. Essentially minimizing the number of times you get hit.