• Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    not many >.>

we only have like
    2 main attcks: plume and cyclone
    and 2 ults: tempest and elven boom
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • AzureRequiem - Heavens Tear
    AzureRequiem - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Clerics are every partys best friend, but if you think that your going to be some famous DD cleric...then you should probbably play a wizard.
    As far as "flashyness" goes... we have two very cool looking squad buffs and...well...that's really about it
  • Ganiju - Heavens Tear
    Ganiju - Heavens Tear Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    bayak wrote: »
    But I've heard Clerics are always wanted in parties while wizards are not. How many cool attacks do clerics have?

its cause clerics heal and buff making it so the buffed person is tougher and i am sure people don't want to die or waste away their charms (if they have them)
    probably one of the smartest in perfect world
    yet the lowest of level
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    damage, survivability, self heals, blah blah.
    Why comparing a class made for support with one made for dmg?

Anyway, to the OP:
    - u want to go endgame - go with a wizard
    - u want to stop somewhere in the 90s - wizard and cleric, equally ballanced. I say go cleric for ease of finding a squad
    - u want to stop below 90s - cleric.

Endgame wizards are arguably the most powerful chars in the game. It's hard to play one very well, but as you're getting close to the endgame u feel how your char improves with each lvl and all the weaknesses are slowly dissapearing.
    Clerics are good from beginning to end. They won't ever shine as a wizard do damage wise, but they will always be a good all-around class. Look on this link http://www.ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php at wizard and cleric skills and check the weapon modifier. That 300-500% on skills is making all the difference in the world when u have a +7 or more refined weapon.
    Think about a tripple spark - 700% weapon dmg added to attack(that's about 22-25k easily) + 500% added from the skill + 14k from skill ( triple spark + 2 spark pot + Black Ice Dragon Strike) will pretty much scorch the earth where it hits. Can a cleric do that? it can come close but will never exceed. AND the wizard can do phys+magic dmg in ultimates. Cleric does only metal.

for all the others poiting out wizards weaknesses, i only want to touch a few of them:
    - low channeling - get some -x% channeling gear/weapons
    - no good self heals - dmg should be good enough so self heals are not needed. If u need to heal yourself often you're not playing a wiz right
    - a pure int wizard will have a higher magic attk than a hybrid buffed cleric ( it he's geared properly). However a full int cleric (or FAC) will have a slightly bigger dmg than wizard. Clerics are going with the hybrid because they don't have the pdef a wizard has ( about 40 to 45% less in the 70s and 80s and even less after wizards get sage/demon SB) so they absolutely need more HP to withstand phys hits.

At high lvls the output dmg of a wizard is so big that most of engame wizards (lvl 90+ and mostly lvl 99+) are are building the highest crit rate possible. It's not uncommon to see lvl 96+ wizards with 12-14% crit rates and a lot of the endgame ones are comming close to 17%.
    Also, around lvl 96 a well build wizard is getting a pdef very close to mdef and at 99-100 pdef is often exceeding buffed mdef.

To wrap it up: there is no "best" class. the classes are usually rock-paper-scisors. Truth is , this game is not ballanced from the beginning, gets some ballance in the 90s that fades out at endgame

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]