charm tick or death entering FB s

Damita - Lost City
Damita - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
edited October 2009 in General Discussion
i notice that every time i enter an FB i either get a charm tick or i am dead before i load into the instance. it is soooo frustrating especially with charms being so expensive. so i had my lvl 9x friend sit outside the entrance in Secret Passage and clear all the mobs before i entered via the stone. guess what? charm still ticked entering. nothing ever shows up on the damage log even when death occurs, it does not say "you were killed by". yes i know send in a ticket. been there done that. i want to know if this is happening to other people. are you losing dolls, charm ticks too? is it the entering of the FB that is ticking my charm? how can i die with no damage and no mobs near me?
i also notice this happening in FB 79 a lot. ( i have a higher level alt)

Please do not move this thread as i would like to get some feed back as to if this problem is isolated to me or not. thanks.
Post edited by Damita - Lost City on

Comments

• ChaseyLain - Lost City
    ChaseyLain - Lost City Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i am the one that cleared the mobs for her. so much for the "lag" excuse of having mobs hit you because you lag entering. when there are 0 mobs outside the FB and 0 mobs inside the entrance how can damage be received? i know the answer to this question already but GMs would ban me if i said it.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i notice that every time i enter an FB i either get a charm tick or i am dead before i load into the instance. it is soooo frustrating especially with charms being so expensive. so i had my lvl 9x friend sit outside the entrance in Secret Passage and clear all the mobs before i entered via the stone. guess what? charm still ticked entering. nothing ever shows up on the damage log even when death occurs, it does not say "you were killed by". yes i know send in a ticket. been there done that. i want to know if this is happening to other people. are you losing dolls, charm ticks too? is it the entering of the FB that is ticking my charm? how can i die with no damage and no mobs near me?

Please do not move this thread as i would like to get some feed back as to if this problem is isolated to me or not. thanks.
    Seems your friend can answer all your questions :P just not on forum whatever it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    if ur friend can answer it then y bother puttin it on the forums =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    hate to play the devil's advocate here... but something is off about this.

here's why that kinda stands out to me, and makes this seem odd
    picture1a.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • Kielala - Sanctuary
    Kielala - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    the join date underneath a person's avatar is not the join date of pwi but the join date on the forums. i first made an account in february (i think) but as you can see my join date does not reflect that. my level and my join date should be proof of this.
    I'm a male veno...I know aren't we all, lol.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    the join date underneath a person's avatar is not the join date of pwi but the join date on the forums. i first made an account in february (i think) but as you can see my join date does not reflect that. my level and my join date should be proof of this.

Wow, so you leveled realllly fast?
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Wow, so you leveled realllly fast?

*facepalm*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I like this facepalm more.
    aldous-huxley.jpg
    errr.. semi-facepalm.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • TomoyoModoki - Sanctuary
    TomoyoModoki - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I dont have this problem at all, but i can understand y u might die or get ur charm ticked in fb 79, sumtimes ppl dont notice tat the archer mob patrols near the entrance. So if u just stand ther after u tele in, if ur unlucky nd the mob just happens 2 b in range u can be shot 2 death.
    If u have lag in fbs, tat can appear like u magically die or have ur charm tick b:chuckle.

As a cleric, ive seen nd rezed a few ppl tat hav this happen in bh 79
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i dont get charm ticks, but way too often i get killed, just stepping through the portal of an FB. too many of them have mobs too close to the door for you to get yourself ready/chi powered up/etc. so now, when going out with a squad, i never wait inside, unless its one i know has a huge lobby, with mobs *waaaaay* over on the other side, that politely stay put till i come to attack them.b:chuckle

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Gasoline - Lost City
    Gasoline - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited October 2009

Seems like your helpful friend is infact your "higher lvl alt". Its ok tho lol, ive doubled posted with alts to when i was mad b:cry.

But my charm don't tick when i enter fbs tho. I can see how it ticks entering fb29 if u have really really low hp and no phy def. Its just some fbs, when u teleport in, you might get attacked once by a mob thats just outside the instance. Kinda same with mobs + that culti boss outside fb79 and occasionally fb69 to.

But most players charm dont tick if they get attacked once by a mob which is why i don't consider it a huge problem b:shutup
  • ChaseyLain - Lost City
    ChaseyLain - Lost City Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Seems like your helpful friend is infact your "higher lvl alt". Its ok tho lol, ive doubled posted with alts to when i was mad b:cry.

But my charm don't tick when i enter fbs tho. I can see how it ticks entering fb29 if u have really really low hp and no phy def. Its just some fbs, when u teleport in, you might get attacked once by a mob thats just outside the instance. Kinda same with mobs + that culti boss outside fb79 and occasionally fb69 to.

But most players charm dont tick if they get attacked once by a mob which is why i don't consider it a huge problem b:shutup

FAIL nice try though. if you were a mod or GM you would be able to see that the 2 posts come from different IPs.

this one happened in 29. i ran through and killed all the mobs outside the entrance then she ported in. there were no mobs inside or outside to hit her.

@the idiot talking about join date this is the first time i have posted from this character. if you change your avatar it gives a different date and post count based on the first time that character has posted.
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    ^ good stuff b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Maguro - Lost City
    Maguro - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    this post is lols
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    FAIL nice try though. if you were a mod or GM you would be able to see that the 2 posts come from different IPs.

this one happened in 29. i ran through and killed all the mobs outside the entrance then she ported in. there were no mobs inside or outside to hit her.

@the idiot talking about join date this is the first time i have posted from this character. if you change your avatar it gives a different date and post count based on the first time that character has posted.

lol, QQ MOAR. here's a tip: fb29 illusion stone tele ports you into that small room with the two soldiers and the tombstone, which have a short respawn rate. also, it's not just those three in that room that can affect/hit you on entry.

i'm suprised that at your level you haven't figured out yet that SP/fb29 is glitchy as hell

btw, you catch more flies with honey than vinegar, try not to flame, as it doesn't make you look good b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Aquilonian - Dreamweaver
    Aquilonian - Dreamweaver Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I dont think anyone read your whole post OP
    "Let's all be reasonable here. PWI hasn't fully kept their word about anything since the "Permanent" Charm Packs. This is just another example. We should be used to it by now." -Isala
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    I dont think anyone read your whole post OP

i did

EDIT: honestly, the problem here is that very few people seem to grasp exactly what happens when you enter an instanced area (as in the technical side of it)

put simply: when you enter an instance, you leave the actual "game world". the non-player-entities in the "game world" cease to exist for your client, and therefore no longer register, unless they are directly tied to your player-entity. i know that probably makes little sense, but if you understand what i just said, it actually explains exactly why the "damage tracker" and "kill tracker" do not register anything for him/her

i may be off-base on my understanding/theory on this, but it's the only logical explaination other than the blatantly obvious percieved answer of "it's glitchy"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• KatieMorgan - Sanctuary
    KatieMorgan - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i'm actually kinda surprised how many people answered "no" to this poll. fb79 is notorious for the archer patrol being in range of the tele in, so if you have a little (or a lot of) lag and that mob is walking close to the entrance, you will get blasted by a few shots before you can even react and defend yourself. on more than one occasion i have entered fb79 and been dead before my screen even comes up.
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    nvm... joke fail >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Alreatha - Sanctuary
    Alreatha - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Only reason why it happens in FB79 more is because when you spawn in the dungeon, your back is turned to an archer mob. If you stupidly stand at the spawn point, it's going to porcupine you obviously, hence charm ticks.
    b:chuckle ==> Abusing Legerity since Demonhood <== b:chuckle
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    As has been said, if you use the teleport stone to FB29, there are three mobs that are in the room you actually teleport to. Perhaps on a slow system you may actuallly sit there long enough to take damage.

FB79? There is a patrolling archer mob that may attack you when you port in... if you port in and afk, you will most likely die. I always clear this mob out if I'm one of the first people in. I don't know how many times someone has died or been attacked at this port-in location.

Nothing new here really..
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Starr - Harshlands
    Starr - Harshlands Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited October 2009

actually this is my higher alt but that really isnt the point.

the point is how can dead mobs still hit me. Chasey killed the mobs, i ported, then charm tick with nothing in the damage log.

uhm so if you port to fb 79 and the roving mob happens to be "roving" right at the entrance... how do you avoid that? and yeah if i am first one in i kill it too.

i don't spend a copious amount of doing fb's so i haven't noticed this particular glitch in fb 29 until getting a bh there every day. nothing to get heated about, just wondering if it happened to other people or not.
    the good Starr
  • Annastasia - Lost City
    Annastasia - Lost City Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited October 2009

less time trying to play detective plox. Damita is my alt b:cute
  • Rawwwwr - Lost City
    Rawwwwr - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2009

Alexeno you really thought they managed to get to level 91 and 43 within 7 days?
    b:shocked

also lol um Alexeno no you don't cease to exist or any fancy mumbo jumbo.
    You merely get teleported to the area right in front of the FB.
    As my computer is fast enough I can actually see the place I teleport to. (Such as FB51 you end up right where the portal is. Same for FB59)

The problem for this is FB29 (and I suppose FB19 along with 79?) Have mobs right where the portal is meaning they get to get a free shot at you while your warping into the actual instance.

Best way to avoid dying is to actually fly/run/ride to the location yourself or teleport in right after a squad member goes in as the mobs will be busy shooting him/her.
    xD
    Preferably the tank would teleport first. d(^.-d)
    lol i'm so evil.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i'm actually kinda surprised how many people answered "no" to this poll. fb79 is notorious for the archer patrol being in range of the tele in, so if you have a little (or a lot of) lag and that mob is walking close to the entrance, you will get blasted by a few shots before you can even react and defend yourself. on more than one occasion i have entered fb79 and been dead before my screen even comes up.
    When the first squad member enters an instance, that instance is created with the mobs in their default position. For the roaming archer in FB79, that's nowhere near the entrance.

So the only ways you can get killed by that archer in FB79 is to zone in, then go afk for a few minutes until it roams your way. Or for a party member to zone in first, fail to clear that archer, then you zone in just as it's wandering by. So what you experienced (being killed by it before your client finished loading) is a pretty rare occurrence.
  • AzureRequiem - Heavens Tear
    AzureRequiem - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    That happens to me with fb 79 a lot. That's why the barb gets to enter the instance first b:laugh
  • Sanjoydeori - Heavens Tear
    Sanjoydeori - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i joined this game on july 8 2009 this year,,and i am lvl 79 atm...hope will be 80 by tommorowb:victory
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
    Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing?
    Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing?
    Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God?"
    - Epicurus
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Doesn't an illusion stone for 79 drop you on the doorstep?
    Where good ol' Cap'n Smythe and his cronies are chillin?
    Is it therefor plausible that the good captain or others are taking shots at you before you get through the door?

Occam's Razor: I find it more plausible that a 'distance' or teleport bug is causing mob damage not to register, than to think simply entering an instance is causing physical damage.
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Doesn't an illusion stone for 79 drop you on the doorstep?
    Where good ol' Cap'n Smythe and his cronies are chillin?
    Is it therefor plausible that the good captain or others are taking shots at you before you get through the door?

this..

i have never been hit by the archer mob inside.. but sometimes when i use the stone and land on the outside of the portal.. i can possibly have one lag and the captin is on my butt right before i port the second time.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • AzureRequiem - Heavens Tear
    AzureRequiem - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    LOL yeah it does xD
    then while your loading to get INSIDE that walker takes shots at your HP too