charm tick or death entering FB s

2»

Comments

• FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i think the kill tracker still works....i've been nailed in FBs, and had it tell me what got me, im sure.
    ...pretty sure! ^_^

i did

EDIT: honestly, the problem here is that very few people seem to grasp exactly what happens when you enter an instanced area (as in the technical side of it)

put simply: when you enter an instance, you leave the actual "game world". the non-player-entities in the "game world" cease to exist for your client, and therefore no longer register, unless they are directly tied to your player-entity. i know that probably makes little sense, but if you understand what i just said, it actually explains exactly why the "damage tracker" and "kill tracker" do not register anything for him/her

i may be off-base on my understanding/theory on this, but it's the only logical explaination other than the blatantly obvious percieved answer of "it's glitchy"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i did

EDIT: honestly, the problem here is that very few people seem to grasp exactly what happens when you enter an instanced area (as in the technical side of it)

put simply: when you enter an instance, you leave the actual "game world". the non-player-entities in the "game world" cease to exist for your client, and therefore no longer register, unless they are directly tied to your player-entity. i know that probably makes little sense, but if you understand what i just said, it actually explains exactly why the "damage tracker" and "kill tracker" do not register anything for him/her

i may be off-base on my understanding/theory on this, but it's the only logical explaination other than the blatantly obvious percieved answer of "it's glitchy"
    If what your saying is even if the higher character killed the mobs right outside the port of fb29 (public client) it registered 'killed' for them, it doesnt register as 'killed' for the warper in the 'during warp client'.

For fb29 there is one pit-stop before reaching the inside FB, also there is for FB79 and also FB89s i saw there were 'outside' pit-stops before the 2nd warp proceeded to kick in and take you inside the FB. Now laggy pple tend to die here if mobs find them.

But what i personally never saw was other pples pit-stops. Like, i never saw another persons character blink in and out on the screen where we ourselves would think we would be during our 2-3 sec. pit-stop warps. Which led me to think that the mobs that killed them were not actually on the 'public client'

Maybe its just me. Has anyone actually seen pple blink in and out of the pit-stop FB warps?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I'm almost 100% certain what you're seeing in 79 is Ship Captain Smythe shooting you. I always run past him, he shoots, and the damage registers once I'm inside the FB.
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i think the kill tracker still works....i've been nailed in FBs, and had it tell me what got me, im sure.
    ...pretty sure! ^_^

it will register hits from mobs on the inside of the fb. it will not register those on the outside (usually). i know this from going in thru the fb29 illusion stone tele. when i was still a lowbie, the guardian stone in that small room would 1shot me (i'm LA, so only 5 vit), yet it would not show "X deals Y damage" or "Killed by X"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni