Not because you play the game...

2»

Comments

• Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    raadigga wrote: »
    Lol you're not the first person to tell me that b:thanks. I know that in Every MMORPG you will come across Elitist Jerks and you just have to laugh.

Now that I know that this is an Oracle Boss i understand why they couldn't help me out. I never spammed the "Oo Oo can you help me please". I asked Twice and then whispered one of the guys standing there. Yo in all honesty it still wasn't called for. I pulled up and took a seat. I never ran towards the Boss, I just asked if i could be helped with my kill. Either way i ended up getting help from a few people today to kill him.

Calliope, that boss would have handed me my **** if I even ran close to him lol, I wasn't trying to commit suicide. But i literally took a seat next to the water and watched for five minutes while they killed and rekilled. And you're right, I should have whispered someone else. I truly don't believe all of them were an **** like the other one but at that point I just said to myself don't even bother.

LighDar, you best believe I will help out. b:pleased

Thanks for your replies guys
    LOL, the irony is so thick. Since you clearly not aware, Darksylph is a high-level in Enrage. Just like me.

And btw, don't believe everything you hear.
    Now these Enrage ppl are the ones you need to avoid. b:chuckleb:avoid

Heres the deal. If you stuff 100 enrages in to a room. 1 of them will give you a cookie if you walk in, while the other 99 will bite your head off. Now let me ask you this... would you still want to walk in to the room?
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    (O.o)

strange I've never had this problem. Must be a PvE thing. XD
    In fact there was an orderly line with some people from harvester and conqueror helping us kill the spider.

http://s620.photobucket.com/albums/tt282/stormhammy/?action=view&current=2009-08-0915-50-17.jpg
    http://s620.photobucket.com/albums/tt282/stormhammy/?action=view&current=2009-08-0915-48-44.jpg
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Heres the deal. If you stuff 100 enrages in to a room. 1 of them will give you a cookie if you walk in, while the other 99 will bite your head off. Now let me ask you this... would you still want to walk in to the room?

For a free cookie? You bet. Walk into the room, get free cokie, thank person for the cookie, ignore the rest. Walk away with free cookie.

It is really not that hard.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • X_Desolate_X - Heavens Tear
    X_Desolate_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i'm totally fine with refusal to help out or simply being ignored, i understand there are usually more important things people need to do and you can't help everyone all the time. but that doesn't mean everyones a jerk. i had 2 nice clerics help me beat krixxix, and a particularly nice lvl 90 barb that helped me and a guild buddy beat gouf when we knew we were in over our heads. thanks to those people i survived. so you never know. i just try not to be too annoying when i'm asking for help.
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    For a cookie ill hire a BM to go in there AoE stun me grab the cookie and run and watch the BM die after i leave b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    For a free cookie? You bet. Walk into the room, get free cokie, thank person for the cookie, ignore the rest. Walk away with free cookie.

It is really not that hard.

You realize that cookie was made by the other 99 people using the heads of people they bit off. You still want the cookie? b:cute

b:flower <- btw whoever designed this flower was tripping when they did it.
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    You realize that cookie was made by the other 99 people using the heads of people they bit off. You still want the cookie?

Those are the BEST kind of cookies!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    You realize that cookie was made by the other 99 people using the heads of people they bit off. You still want the cookie? b:cute

b:flower <- btw whoever designed this flower was tripping when they did it.

Ok, that changes things a little... what kind of cookie was it? Chocolate? Nuts? Oatmeal?

If it has nuts and chocolate, than I would still take it.

They can only bite someone's head if that person lets them. As I said, it is very easy to just ignore them and let them take a big bite or nothing but air.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Gaara_Chuko - Heavens Tear
    Gaara_Chuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    your always going to find that it's sad to see that those high lvls give the other high lvls bad names the 1s that are willing to help. it's not that hard saying "i'm sorry i can not help" but like i said your not always going to find ppl out there that are nice where there is good there is evil
    thats is true people forget that not everybody is nice or maybe they are just not in a good mood
    bm lvl 96 rairen-HT- retired

barb lvl 73 Gaara_Chuko-HT-Adiuvo

barb lvl 62 Criminal-RT- lolwut
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9020987004&dateline=1270908642[/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2009
    Higher levels worked hard to get where they are. Thats not to say they shouldnt be nice, but understand that some of us think that we had to work on doing our FB's and TT's and everything else without 'higher level' help. We had to form a squad of people our own level, and work TOGETHER to accomplish our goals.

This is the point of mmo's. Now dont get me wrong, I'll occasionally go kill a boss or two to help people out. But dont come in here and qq bc you cant get a higher level to help you practically cheat your way through a boss or quest.

Please understand this point of view, because it becomes tiresome when you get pmd so often to hand out gold (bc people assume that you are higher level you must be rich), or to help you do a mob quest to kill 80 mobs with one hit each (why would we do this when YOU are fully capable of taking out the mobs one at a time like everyone else did...), or bosses...

Once again, im not trying to be mean or discourteous to you or anyone else, but you should really try and get in a guild of equal level people and work together. No need to point fingers at the higher levels and say 'its not fair that you can kill it in one shot and that you arent helping me'.

We earned our battlescars, go out there and earn yours....
    yup i know that you guys had to work really hard to get there and that i why i intend to get high lvl by working hard myself and not just going the easy way and look for a high lvl to help,and i admit iv had help from high lvl's i mean now everybody does but only sometimes not for every single quest.Cause it's just stupid to try getting help from a high lvl constantly in an easy quest which is killing an amount of mobs and i know its hard to kill mini bosses or bosses alone at the same lvl as it is but one just has to find the trick to be able to solo it and not just get help from a high lvl i mean most barbs can solo their mini bosses as long as they have done their build right,Venos have a big advantage with pets,clerics just need to spam heal themselfs pretty much every class has their advantages and if one cant solo the mini boss or boss then get a squad but from the same lvl's not high lvl's one feels prouder to kill it with people the same lvl and not just stand there waiting fot the high lvl's to kill it.So yes i agree with you on low lvl's getting too much help from high lvl's because if they do they dont really know their limit and what they could do to improve themselfs

[SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9020987004&dateline=1270908642[/SIGPIC]
  • dentist71
    dentist71 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I always think there are different kind of ppl who play in this game. Some nice and the other onnes are bunch of jerks. But not fair if we call all high levels are jerks. I do get my level now (75) with many helps from many high levels. Not just FBs but some kind mini bosses..or 20x3. If i can't get help for my quests, i just wait, and do another quests.
    My advise be patient, and....dont worry this is just a game. never make it serious.b:victory
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I remember Spider thing. I never knew there was an Oracle quest on it.

Usually you'll find jerks on the game sorry to say.
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Lypiphera - Heavens Tear
    Lypiphera - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Higher levels worked hard to get where they are. Thats not to say they shouldnt be nice, but understand that some of us think that we had to work on doing our FB's and TT's and everything else without 'higher level' help. We had to form a squad of people our own level, and work TOGETHER to accomplish our goals.

This is the point of mmo's. Now dont get me wrong, I'll occasionally go kill a boss or two to help people out. But dont come in here and qq bc you cant get a higher level to help you practically cheat your way through a boss or quest.

Please understand this point of view, because it becomes tiresome when you get pmd so often to hand out gold (bc people assume that you are higher level you must be rich), or to help you do a mob quest to kill 80 mobs with one hit each (why would we do this when YOU are fully capable of taking out the mobs one at a time like everyone else did...), or bosses...

Once again, im not trying to be mean or discourteous to you or anyone else, but you should really try and get in a guild of equal level people and work together. No need to point fingers at the higher levels and say 'its not fair that you can kill it in one shot and that you arent helping me'.

We earned our battlescars, go out there and earn yours....

Paraphrased: We worked hard, you should too, I'm not an ****, but some people are because they get tired of people whining... and I agree with Lypi's post on the first page
    Ive been in a low-mid lvl clan from lvl 79 to 95. We were recruiting 30+ and i was highest inthere and the only Herc veno for a long time. I did everyday all day long bosses/fb and helped everyone up to their TT60 quest + mats for weapon. I was tracking my Wq on clan chat so ppl know in what area i am in case they need a boss there. I was happy doing it and gave me such a good feeling when ppl were happy about being helped until one day when they wanted more... they wanted me to help their entire TT70 mats and more...which for 1 person = weeks for all of them would take me life time. And i said no ... and ppl were like WTF u are so mean, selfish! bla bla ...

Im not whining here, what i wanna say is that most of ppl never get enough of help, they always want more and more and when u cant or just dont want to, they forget all the help u gave them before and blame u cause u dont want to help them once.

So yes after all these i started to turn down help requests and i dont give a dam if ppl say im a mean high lvl. I get spamed everyday with requests to help on low lvl BH and yes i am so mean i turn them down cause its just lazy ppl that dont want to squad up with same lvl ppl and work for that fb, they want a lvl 99 veno with herc solo it for them and probably give them the mold in case it drops cause well why would a 99 veno need a 40ish mold?

Paraphrased: People get addicted to help and high levels get a lot of spam from lower levels with a sense of entitlement because they keep getting help... and I agree with Lypi's post on the first page.
    yup i know that you guys had to work really hard to get there and that i why i intend to get high lvl by working hard myself and not just going the easy way and look for a high lvl to help,and i admit iv had help from high lvl's i mean now everybody does but only sometimes not for every single quest.Cause it's just stupid to try getting help from a high lvl constantly in an easy quest which is killing an amount of mobs and i know its hard to kill mini bosses or bosses alone at the same lvl as it is but one just has to find the trick to be able to solo it and not just get help from a high lvl i mean most barbs can solo their mini bosses as long as they have done their build right,Venos have a big advantage with pets,clerics just need to spam heal themselfs pretty much every class has their advantages and if one cant solo the mini boss or boss then get a squad but from the same lvl's not high lvl's one feels prouder to kill it with people the same lvl and not just stand there waiting fot the high lvl's to kill it.So yes i agree with you on low lvl's getting too much help from high lvl's because if they do they dont really know their limit and what they could do to improve themselfs

Paraphrased: I agree with Lypi's post on the first page, but sometimes I fall short of being able to do something solo, so I try to ask for help only when needed.

All that being said:
    I worked hard once, learned the game on lypi, next char I'm taking the easy route, and I bet people will whine that I'm an incompetant cash-shopper and didn't earn it. However try to not interfere with my progress on this front, I wanna see if level 85+ in 2 weeks is actually gonna be possible. Go Psychic!

1, 2, skip a quest, 3, 4, skip more quests, 5, 6, only do cultivation quests, and that's how we power level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Another wall of text completed.
  • Okashiitama - Heavens Tear
    Okashiitama - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Lips i would say yes on that note. I got to lvl 70's in 1 week solo. First 2 days got me to lvl 42 easy just doing quests/grinding. Aside from that. Yes take into consideration maybe that high level that said STFU might been spammed earlier in the day constantly and didn't keep track of names and might have thinking it was the same person. Being fed up with the spammage just said STFU. There could be serveral reasons to it but all i can really say taking such offense to an act to start a forum on it QQ about it doesn't understand the issue. There are way to many factors as to why the high level mighta said such a rude remark towards you. To take that so to heart and complain that high lvls are jerks because of it, just remember that when you get to a high level and people constantly nag you about getting free coin cuz your a high level not realizing at higher levels the expense for things are higher and also that maybe the higher level is trying to do their own quests and such to accomplish. Be constructive no matter. If you can't solo a quest do something in the meantime till you get help but crying over an abreviation of text meaning something rude towards you and not understanding what that person mighta been going through that day is wrong. That person could quite possibly be a very helpfull person who just had a day of enough of the ****. Im not defending them but mearly trying to throw out there that there are many factors to play. Next time just try to think outside of the box and that there might be no reason of something you did but they just are taking frustrations or anger out on being nagged or whatever the reason may be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2009
    Lips i would say yes on that note. I got to lvl 70's in 1 week solo. First 2 days got me to lvl 42 easy just doing quests/grinding. Aside from that. Yes take into consideration maybe that high level that said STFU might been spammed earlier in the day constantly and didn't keep track of names and might have thinking it was the same person. Being fed up with the spammage just said STFU. There could be serveral reasons to it but all i can really say taking such offense to an act to start a forum on it QQ about it doesn't understand the issue. There are way to many factors as to why the high level mighta said such a rude remark towards you. To take that so to heart and complain that high lvls are jerks because of it, just remember that when you get to a high level and people constantly nag you about getting free coin cuz your a high level not realizing at higher levels the expense for things are higher and also that maybe the higher level is trying to do their own quests and such to accomplish. Be constructive no matter. If you can't solo a quest do something in the meantime till you get help but crying over an abreviation of text meaning something rude towards you and not understanding what that person mighta been going through that day is wrong. That person could quite possibly be a very helpfull person who just had a day of enough of the ****. Im not defending them but mearly trying to throw out there that there are many factors to play. Next time just try to think outside of the box and that there might be no reason of something you did but they just are taking frustrations or anger out on being nagged or whatever the reason may be.
    lol people could be depending too much on high lvl's like today there was a dude in west arch asking if someone could give him 70k to buy somethings i mean pls doesnt he have pride or something?its just stupid asking for money in a game like this when you can just earn it,again when people ask for help on killing a certain number of mobs,its just lazyness to get help from a high lvl to kill mobs its just going down the easy road.My advice for those who do that STOP doing it your are just making a fool of yourselfs here in PWI

• Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I think a lot of us find unsolicited tells from strangers annoying, and in the same category as junk email. I can understand high levels getting frustrated and telling you to stfu, particularly after a dozen other people have already done it.

For me, if I don't feel like helping then I just ignore you. I figure I don't have any responsibiity to answer unsolicited tells. Of course if that person keeps on at you, then they might get the stfu treatment.

Having said that, if the person asks nicely and I have time, I will help most of the time, even though almost half of them never thank you afterward.