Not because you play the game...

raadigga
raadigga Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Etherblade (West)
Let me start off by saying I don't think All high lvl players are mean. Just a LARGE group of them are.

Ok so I'm pretty new to this game. A friend recommend I try it and once I did I was hooked. So I'm on my Higher LvL toon and have been helping people with quests all day and I realized that i needed to Kill an Elite. So i'm sitting there and saying to myself that this is going to be hard. I see ( Higher LvL ) guys killing it left and right and asked if I can have some help in killing it. No one answered. So I whispered one person only to have a reply "STFU". Really? is it that serious?

So my question is. Why are the Majority of higher lvl players on here so Mean? why is being an ******* really called for when everyone started at lvl 1? I guess the "common curtesy" went out the window once you downloaded the game huh?!
Post edited by raadigga on

Comments

• _Rysana_ - Sanctuary
    _Rysana_ - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I completely agree, there are the collection of high lvl's that are pleasant and helpful, and also agree to the majority of them being jerks.

Why? 'Cause they all think that because they are high lvl on a game, that they "awesome" and "the best". Don't kid yourself either, the adults that play are asses just as much of the kids are jerks too. You just need to ignore them, unfortunately, because IMO they are all getting bullied by other kids, teachers, parents, bosses, ect. & ect. So when they feel cool on the game...they get to play the bully role, the role of an **** that ppl laugh with rather then at.

Thats my conclusion to it, the only advice I can give is dont follow suit with the ****-tards out there. Play to have fun and when U do meet ppl that are nice Friends List them, thats what I do ^^

You are the better person by helping others so dont let them get to U

b:victoryb:victoryb:victory
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    ...Just out of curiosity, which "elite" was it?
    I have a sneaking suspicion that the mob in question was an Oracle boss, in which case they'd have considered you 'intruding' on it. Unfortunately, Oracle quests have to be completed more or less solo - you have to put in most of the damage yourself.

Is it ridiculous? Yes, there really wasn't any call for being rude. But the kind of folks who'd slam out a stack of oracles for quick levelling generally aren't the most benevolent types.
  • raadigga
    edited October 2009
    ...Just out of curiosity, which "elite" was it?

It was the Striped Spider king boss. And I do agree that there was really no need to be rude. If one of them had took just a second to tell me that they couldn't help then that would have been far better than the "STFU". I mean shazam!!, if five guys are standing there watching one guy kill it in two swipes and I asked you for help then respond with some bit of respect and understanding.

Rysana, I agree 100% with what you're saying. Whether you're behind a computer or concealed by a locked door there really is no reason to act like jerks.

I help people out all the time not because I'm looking for a personal In Game Status, but because it really doesn't take much out of me to be nice.

Thank you guys for your replies.
  • Lypiphera - Heavens Tear
    Lypiphera - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Damn, those mean high levels picking on us noobs! I'll grw up til i cin keel thm end meke tem ded end kwit gaim fer dey har sukerz.

No, seriously though, sometimes it does get tedious playing a top level character and we just want to do our thing and be left alone. Usually when those I know are asked politely instead of being spammed, they'll at least respond willingly or with a simple no. If they/we respond with a simple no, it's generally harmless to ask why, but if you beg or re-ask the same question again, or call us meanies or whatever, we get annoyed, because we're tired of that same thing happening every time we don't want to do something.

I had to do virtually everything myself or with same level players when I started, helping low levels excessively just creates a breed of high level incompetant players. So please understand, sometimes when we say no, we can't help you, it's actually for your own good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Another wall of text completed.
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    raadigga wrote: »
    It was the Striped Spider king boss.

Ah, the poor victim of Oracle I campers...
    Most any "Oracle" boss is a problem spot, but Oracle I & II bosses are the worst - mostly because the Oracles for them become available in such massive quantities during events like Jolly Jones or the Anniv packs.
  • SonidoOscuro - Harshlands
    SonidoOscuro - Harshlands Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Let me start off by saying I don't think All high lvl players are mean. Just a LARGE group of them are.

Ok so I'm pretty new to this game. A friend recommend I try it and once I did I was hooked. So I'm on my Higher LvL toon and have been helping people with quests all day and I realized that i needed to Kill an Elite. So i'm sitting there and saying to myself that this is going to be hard. I see ( Higher LvL ) guys killing it left and right and asked if I can have some help in killing it. No one answered. So I whispered one person only to have a reply "STFU". Really? is it that serious?

So my question is. Why are the Majority of higher lvl players on here so Mean? why is being an ******* really called for when everyone started at lvl 1? I guess the "common curtesy" went out the window once you downloaded the game huh?!

Some are willing to help some are not. *Common curtesy* is like cash shop items, It's not required in order to finish the game. You just have to deal with it. You'll get alot of this in any game.
    Started - October-04-2009.
    Class- Winged Elf Cleric.
    Build- Vit. Hybrid.
    Server- Harshlands.
    Kills(PK)- 0.
    Deaths(PK)- 0.
  • Floyd - Heavens Tear
    Floyd - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    your always going to find that it's sad to see that those high lvls give the other high lvls bad names the 1s that are willing to help. it's not that hard saying "i'm sorry i can not help" but like i said your not always going to find ppl out there that are nice where there is good there is evil
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] shed no tears, show no fear
  • Darksorrow - Heavens Tear
    Darksorrow - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    It was the Striped Spider king boss.

Thats the problem right there. I know there's a lower level quest requiring to kill it. But there's also an Oracle quest (received from books) that REQUIRE it to be killed NOT in a group. MUST be done solo. Jolly Jones event recently has cause ALOT of those oracle books to be in circulation, so the people killing them have alot to kill, and they HAVE to do it solo. If you join the party, they fail the quest.

As someone mentioned the people who tend to buy lots of those books to knock it out 100 times for the XP dont tend to be the nicest type of person, and there was no need to be rude (unless you were begging to the point of being annoying, then i might see the reason for "STFU"). But still, they had to do it solo, and couldnt have you join.
  • Calliope - Heavens Tear
    Calliope - Heavens Tear Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    if five guys are standing there watching one guy kill it in two swipes and I asked you for help then respond with some bit of respect and understanding.
    Actually, those five were almost certainly waiting in line for their turn to kill the spider. I'm not trying to excuse or condone their rudeness, but if they thought you were trying to cut in line when they'd been waiting for what might have been a while, I can at least understand why they might have gotten snippy.

If you wait in line too, usually people are willing to help out by healing you or adding extra damage once you've done 50% of the total damage (to make sure they don't steal your kill). It's a shame no one was willing to explain that to you.

Also, if they were waiting in line, they might have been afk, or possibly in guild/personal chat, with common chat turned off. I know I almost never have common chat on these days, so I would have "ignored" you too.

Whispering people was a good way to get an actual response, but try more than one person next time. One bad apple doesn't mean everyone in line will swear at you.
  • Defected - Heavens Tear
    Defected - Heavens Tear Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    This is some quality QQ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Changed my mind. Permanently Retired - Only here to troll.
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    This is some quality QQ.

Indeed it is.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    This is some quality QQ.
    Indeed it is.

Now these Enrage ppl are the ones you need to avoid. b:chuckleb:avoid
    edited October 2009

Lol, What you talkin bout Willis?

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LighDar - Harshlands
    LighDar - Harshlands Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited October 2009

So my question is. Why are the Majority of higher lvl players on here so Mean? why is being an ******* really called for when everyone started at lvl 1? I guess the "common curtesy" went out the window once you downloaded the game huh?! They think there better than you, don't let them make you believe thats true though!

Just remember, when you get to a high level, help lowers, and convince fellows to help too. b:bye
    ~~~~~~~~~~~[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~Like my Tattoo?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Name: LighDar
    Level: 19
    Zen/Premium Character: Yes
    Danger Level For Attacking Me: b:beatup
  • raadigga
    edited October 2009

Lol you're not the first person to tell me that b:thanks. I know that in Every MMORPG you will come across Elitist Jerks and you just have to laugh.

Now that I know that this is an Oracle Boss i understand why they couldn't help me out. I never spammed the "Oo Oo can you help me please". I asked Twice and then whispered one of the guys standing there. Yo in all honesty it still wasn't called for. I pulled up and took a seat. I never ran towards the Boss, I just asked if i could be helped with my kill. Either way i ended up getting help from a few people today to kill him.

Calliope, that boss would have handed me my **** if I even ran close to him lol, I wasn't trying to commit suicide. But i literally took a seat next to the water and watched for five minutes while they killed and rekilled. And you're right, I should have whispered someone else. I truly don't believe all of them were an **** like the other one but at that point I just said to myself don't even bother.

LighDar, you best believe I will help out. b:pleased

Thanks for your replies guys
  • Mayacamus - Heavens Tear
    Mayacamus - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Lol you're not the first person to tell me that b:thanks. I know that in Every MMORPG you will come across Elitist Jerks and you just have to laugh.

LOL, the irony is so thick. Since you clearly not aware, Darksylph is a high-level in Enrage. Just like me.

And btw, don't believe everything you hear.
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I find PM's from random people asking for help a bit annoying.
    Join a guild and ask them, or ask in general chat (or world chat if you're rich).

Having said that, whenever I pass a quest boss and I see someone standing around, I usually ask if they need it killed (I can solo most of them).
    Sadly only about two thirds of them have the manners to thank me afterward.

Our guild occasionally has boss days where we spend several hours killing various difficult quest bosses (jewelscalen, krimson, aquascout etc etc)
    edited October 2009
    I find PM's from random people asking for help a bit annoying.
    Join a guild and ask them, or ask in general chat (or world chat if you're rich).

Having said that, whenever I pass a quest boss and I see someone standing around, I usually ask if they need it killed (I can solo most of them).
    Sadly only about two thirds of them have the manners to thank me afterward.

Our guild occasionally has boss days where we spend several hours killing various difficult quest bosses (jewelscalen, krimson, aquascout etc etc)

I popped over to orchid temple, immediately get spammed by people constantly to help with farg/krix/cadaver/shade, non-stop.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BlackDahlia - Heavens Tear
    BlackDahlia - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    ks ing is coolb:victory you should try that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wolfgore - Heavens Tear
    Wolfgore - Heavens Tear Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    b:avoid Did i see Defected posting? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sadpuma - Heavens Tear
    Sadpuma - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Higher levels worked hard to get where they are. Thats not to say they shouldnt be nice, but understand that some of us think that we had to work on doing our FB's and TT's and everything else without 'higher level' help. We had to form a squad of people our own level, and work TOGETHER to accomplish our goals.

This is the point of mmo's. Now dont get me wrong, I'll occasionally go kill a boss or two to help people out. But dont come in here and qq bc you cant get a higher level to help you practically cheat your way through a boss or quest.

Please understand this point of view, because it becomes tiresome when you get pmd so often to hand out gold (bc people assume that you are higher level you must be rich), or to help you do a mob quest to kill 80 mobs with one hit each (why would we do this when YOU are fully capable of taking out the mobs one at a time like everyone else did...), or bosses...

Once again, im not trying to be mean or discourteous to you or anyone else, but you should really try and get in a guild of equal level people and work together. No need to point fingers at the higher levels and say 'its not fair that you can kill it in one shot and that you arent helping me'.

We earned our battlescars, go out there and earn yours....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wolfgore - Heavens Tear
    Wolfgore - Heavens Tear Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    b:surprised WOW! Puma ya bish!
    battlescars? b:chuckle I feel like a war veteran now!b:chuckle

No kidding now, Puma got it straight. The fact now is that ppl that QQ today about higher lvls they'll propably do EXCACTLY the same things when they r the high lvls so...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Andromaka - Heavens Tear
    Andromaka - Heavens Tear Posts: 925 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Ive been in a low-mid lvl clan from lvl 79 to 95. We were recruiting 30+ and i was highest inthere and the only Herc veno for a long time. I did everyday all day long bosses/fb and helped everyone up to their TT60 quest + mats for weapon. I was tracking my Wq on clan chat so ppl know in what area i am in case they need a boss there. I was happy doing it and gave me such a good feeling when ppl were happy about being helped until one day when they wanted more... they wanted me to help their entire TT70 mats and more...which for 1 person = weeks for all of them would take me life time. And i said no ... and ppl were like WTF u are so mean, selfish! bla bla ...

Im not whining here, what i wanna say is that most of ppl never get enough of help, they always want more and more and when u cant or just dont want to, they forget all the help u gave them before and blame u cause u dont want to help them once.

So yes after all these i started to turn down help requests and i dont give a dam if ppl say im a mean high lvl. I get spamed everyday with requests to help on low lvl BH and yes i am so mean i turn them down cause its just lazy ppl that dont want to squad up with same lvl ppl and work for that fb, they want a lvl 99 veno with herc solo it for them and probably give them the mold in case it drops cause well why would a 99 veno need a 40ish mold?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • raadigga
    edited October 2009
    Sadpuma.. Girl you just made me laugh. I asked twice in chat and whispered one person once. Every other boss i came across i've grouped with like lvl players. The only reason why i asked the guys was because they were right there. It's all good, the quest got handled and i'm on to the next. All i'm saying was that "stfu" was not called for. As for battle scars honey i've just started playing this game and i'm still learning. The game is still fun as hell and i enjoy it even with jerks running around. I've earned every battle scar i have from playing another MMORPG and i intend on earning some here aswell.

Trust, I made my original post only after what the dude had said to me because damn, life can't be that fcked up that you had to respond like that. Life is good playa. You have a comp and obviously a roof over your head and bills are **** paid enough so you can play. Chill, it's not like I earned the "Shut the **** up" I didn't sleep with the dude or nothing. Don't get it twisted.
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Higher levels worked hard to get where they are. Thats not to say they shouldnt be nice, but understand that some of us think that we had to work on doing our FB's and TT's and everything else without 'higher level' help. We had to form a squad of people our own level, and work TOGETHER to accomplish our goals.

This is the point of mmo's. Now dont get me wrong, I'll occasionally go kill a boss or two to help people out. But dont come in here and qq bc you cant get a higher level to help you practically cheat your way through a boss or quest.

Please understand this point of view, because it becomes tiresome when you get pmd so often to hand out gold (bc people assume that you are higher level you must be rich), or to help you do a mob quest to kill 80 mobs with one hit each (why would we do this when YOU are fully capable of taking out the mobs one at a time like everyone else did...), or bosses...

Once again, im not trying to be mean or discourteous to you or anyone else, but you should really try and get in a guild of equal level people and work together. No need to point fingers at the higher levels and say 'its not fair that you can kill it in one shot and that you arent helping me'.

We earned our battlescars, go out there and earn yours....

SOME high levels worked hard for those levels b:laugh
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Sadpuma - Heavens Tear
    Sadpuma - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    excuse me? when did i ever tell you to "stfu"?

Dont put words in my mouth.... I specifically stated that i was not being mean or discourteous. I even made it clear that I help lower levels when I feel like it.

My post was one of fact to clearly state the point of view from those of us that are higher level. This isnt the same point of view for all high levels, but when you get pmed at least 15 times a day for money or a boss or something else that you had to work for but they just want a hand out, maybe youll feel the same.

As i said before, i never said or alluded to telling you to 'stfu'. You say that it wasnt like you earned to be told that. After your last post, you earned it....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • raadigga
    edited October 2009
    Sadpuma.. Nah girl.. i didn't put words in your mouth by saying you said "STFU". That's what the dude said to me when I whispered him. I stated that in my first post mama. It wasn't directed at you in any of my post trust me ma.. And as for getting higher lvl players to kill bosses for me, that isn't my intention. I just saw them there and thought I should ask. I went out there to kill him on my own only to find that he was too much for me. I asked them because they were there.

I'm not trying to step on anyone toes in here. Sadpuma, I have much repsect to every person i come across, either here or in person. It's never like me to go to a persons house and take a ***** without flushing.
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I understand both sides of the equation here.

First, I agree that the person you whispered shouldn't have just replied with a "STFU." That's just plain rude and immature. Most higher levels I've chatted/whispered with are pretty decent people. Maybe you ran into someone having a bad day.

Secondly, while I don't mind helping ppl out occasionally, I have run into squishies that will squad with me for help on a quest and float above me on "follow" while I kill phys mobs...and they'll be afk. Not good, not cool and just plain wrong. I'm there to help, not to do it all myself.

Anyways, take it into consideration that not all high lvls are jerks, many of them are helping daily the lower levels in their various factions.

My advice: If you're not in a faction, get into one. Save your bosses for "boss day" or a day when a high lvl in your faction is in the area with nothing to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • BikerBOI - Heavens Tear
    BikerBOI - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    am i a high level yet? :P
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    am i a high level yet? :P